Lesson #1

A Little Lesson

            

              You stare at the lightning flashing across the sky as heavy raindrops hit against your window. The weather was terrible but perfect for you to get some studying done. After all, next week is exam week and you feel the pressure to be placed in the top 5 as you always did. As an exchange student, it was difficult to fit in. People thought that you were just born smart but they did not know the hardworking effort you had to put behind every single test. You open your notebook and start reading the terms.

               “Electroconsulsiv-”

               “RUM RUM.” You jump slightly at the loud sound of thunder and unstable lights flickering. You watch the ceiling as the room turned bright and dim repeatedly then into a pitch black atmosphere.

               “Great…” You mutter and push yourself out of your seat. Blindly touching everywhere, you try to find your lighter. Your hands rummage through the cluster of random objects and stop when you feel a small plastic rectangle. “There it is…” You smile to yourself and grab one of the many candles on the desk. You flick the lighter wheel to start a fire, however, only sparks appear. You repeat this procedure several times only to fail miserably.

               “Here.” A deep voice mumbled as the candle suddenly lights up. You stare at the candle in awe then grins happily.

               “Thank yo-wait, what?” You quickly bring the candle forward to see what is in front of you. A tall, looming figure with a pair of large eyes stands in front of you and flashes a big smile. You drop your jaw in horror along with your candle, waiting for the fire to burn your feet. However, you feel no pain and look down to find the figure crouching, holding the fire in his hands. He slowly uncurls his back and brings the fire close to his face. With enough light this time, you were able to see his face clearly. His large eyes spark with flame through the dark wavy locks falling loosely on his forehead. He gives you a gentler smile this time. Suddenly, he throws the flame into the air and every single candle in the room lights up.

               “Hello, I am Chanyeol.” He smirks.

               You stare at him in shock. A million things start running inside your head. ‘Who is this man? Why is he here? How did he get here? Will anyone save me if I start running away now? No, I live alone in this old apartment away from campus. If I die right now, my body wouldn’t be found until next month when the landlady comes to pick up the rental fee.’

               “Please leave before I call the police.” You surprise yourself with the calm outcome of your voice. Chanyeol his head and studies your cold expression.

               “Hm…you aren’t supposed to be greeting me like this…” He stares at you and slightly pouts.

               Speechless, you turn around and sit down on your chair, pretending to study again. “If this is a robbery, just take whatever you need and leave. I’m just warning you, there aren’t many valuables in here, at least not anything I own.”

               “There is though!” Chanyeol claps his hands brightly.

               “Then take it.” You mumble and turn a page in your textbook. A hand suddenly slips around your waist and lifts you up. You gape at Chanyeol who is grinning and holding you effortlessly in bridal style. “W-What are you doing..!” You stutter, pushing yourself away and kicking your feet feebly in the air.

               “You told me to take what I need.” Chanyeol smirks as he carries you outside. The chilly night wind stings your cheeks.

               “L-let go of me…I-I’m going to call the police…!” You clatter your teeth and take small breaths through the gap between your lips. Chanyeol stops walking and looks down at you with a worried look.

               “You’re cold?” He asks. You nod your head slightly, hoping that he can just let go of you. “Don’t worry.” Chanyeol says reassuringly with a smile. “Kai, come help me here!” He suddenly yells into the sky.

               “A-are you crazy? The neighbourhood is aslee-” You stop talking when a dark figure suddenly appears beside Chanyeol.

               “You called?” A sleepy voice asks.

               “Yeah, can you teleport me to my apartment?” Chanyeol grins, hugging you closer, “My little human is cold.”

               “YAH! I was asleep!” Kai growls with a frown, “You could have asked Kris hyung.” Although Kai looks pissed off, he starts backing away and lifts his hand.

               “SHUSH.” Loud sounds of the wind mute your ears. You squeeze your eyes shut as you feel pressure against your body, it was even colder than before. You give up and lean towards Chanyeol’s chest which is warm like a fireplace. In less than 30 seconds, everything was back to normal.

               You slowly flutter your eyes open and see Chanyeol smiling at you. “We’ve arrived.” He whispers gently and puts you down. You look around and find yourself to be in a luxurious and spacious apartment with modern furniture.

               “Wh-where are we…?”

               “Our new home.”