1

It's W.A.R.

 

2 years ago,

 

Tiffany is now at the airport with her best friends, Yuri, Jessica and Taeyeon and her family. She saw that the three of her best friends are waiting for the time the tears to escape. She also feels sad to leave her best friends in Korea while she will go to the California.

 

“Jessie please don’t crying or I will cry too”

 

She said to her best friend. They are only 10 years old back then. Jessica burst out tears and hugs the latter. Yuri and Taeyeon are also crying. How can they not be? Their best friend is leaving them.

 

“Jess, Yul and Tae, I promise I will come back. Don’t worry”

 

Tiffany said and hugged her best friends for the last time before she headed to the entrance of leaving.

 

Present time,

 

They are 12 years old now. Jessica, Yuri and Taeyeon are in their classroom of elementary school! Yuri and Taeyeon sit together while Jessica is behind them sitting alone just like she wanted to. They are chatting happily when the teacher for the subject Mathematics comes in.

 

“Sit straight”

 

The leader of the class said.

 

“Good morning Teacher Kang”

 

The leader said followed by the whole class. Teacher Kang Hosae as their Math teacher and also as their homeroom teacher has an announcement to make for the students.

 

“Everyone, this class will hold a new student. She’s from America so please take care of her”

 

The teacher said and the students begin to cheer of happiness.

 

“Please come in Ms. Hwang”

  

He said to the new student and a girl step in the class with her smile including her infamous eye smile. Jessica, Yuri and Taeyeon’s jaw dropped to see their best friend is here with them again.

 

“Tiffany!”

 

The three of them shouted in unison and it made Teacher Kang surprises.

 

“Did the three of you know her?”

 

He asked. The three of them nodded. Tiffany giggled at her best friends’ antic.

 

“But still Ms. Hwang, you have to introduce yourself to the class”

 

The teacher said as Jessica, Yuri and Tiffany begin to smile to ears.

 

“Hi, my name is Hwang Tiffany”
“Nice to meet you”

 

She continued. The students gave Tiffany a big applause.

 

“Tiffany, you can sit…”

“Besides me”

 

Jessica shouted from the back seat and pointed to the empty seat besides her.

 

“Uhh, yeah… besides her”

 

The teacher slowly said and Tiffany begins to run to her best friends.

 

“Jessie, I miss you. And the same goes to the both of you”

 

Tiffany said and hugs Jessica while caresses Yuri and Taeyeon’s cheek. The three of them smile happily to Tiffany. The bells ring, it means their lunch time. Before they headed to the canteen,

 

“You grew prettier Tiffany”

 

Jessica’s heart skips a beat and blushed when Tiffany said “You are not losing either”. But without them noticing, Taeyeon and Yuri look at them with jealousy.

 

-

 

4 years passed,

 

They are now 16 years old. Tiffany and Jessica are holding hands while heading to Yuri’s place to meet their best friends.

 

“What the hell Yul?”

 

They heard Taeyeon shouted from Yuri’s room. They decided not to come in the room yet and listen to their conversation.

 

“You heard me Tae. I said I won’t back off this time”

 

They heard Yuri answered.

 

“But Yul, you know…”

“I know that you like her too. But you don’t make a move for her to liking you back. I’m tired of waiting”

 

Yuri said. At this rate, Jessica holds Tiffany’s hand tighter and looks at the latter worriedly.

 

“Do you want to hear this?”

 

Jessica is the only friend that knew about Tiffany’s love for Yuri. She doesn’t want her best friend to heartbroken whenever they heard the name of the girl that their best friends like.

 

“It’s okay. I want to hear this”

 

Tiffany said confidently when her heart is actually racing.

 

“But I truly like Jessica…”

 

Jessica felt Tiffany’s hand is dropping from hers. Jessica also shocked from the news that she newly got.

 

Fany, I promise that I only have my hot for you…

 

“But you don’t make a move Tae!”

 

Silent! They wanted to hear what Taeyeon is going to say.

 

“Fine, you go chase her. But please… don’t break our friendship”

 

Tiffany’s tears are escaping from her eyes. Jessica took Tiffany’s hand and go away from the room.

 

“Fany, I promise that I’ll make Yuri fall for you instead of me”

 

Jessica holds Tiffany’s hands even tighter.

 

If you hurt, I’ll hurt too. If you jump, I jump too…

 

Jessica wipes away Tiffany’s tears then took her phone out.

 

“I’ll tell Taeyeon that you are not joining because you’re not feeling well”

 

Tiffany smiled. Jessica knew her so well.

 

“Thanks Jess, I’ll go home now. Take care”

 

Tiffany said to Jessica and begins to walk away from Yuri’s house.

 

-

 

“How is she?”

 

As soon as Jessica entered Yuri’s room, she was greeted by Yuri’s question.

 

“What?”

 

Jessica asked clueless.

 

“Tiffany. You said she’s not feeling well?”

 

Yuri asked again. She is worried sick for her English tutor. Tiffany is like a lifesaver for her. She remembered when Tiffany first saved her from a .

 

It happened a year ago when they are 15. Yuri was walking through the dark alley when suddenly a drunken held her wrist.

 

“Hey beautiful lady, you don’t mind if we have s*x right?”

 

 Yuri was scared at that time. She begged for the drunken to let go of her wrist. She almost cries at that time. But then, she heard someone yelled. She knew it was Tiffany’s voice. She felt happy.

 

“Let go of her jerk!”

 

Tiffany yelled once again and kicked the ’s abdomen. The man fell on the ground. Tiffany was ready to fight with the man. The man that stood from the ground and wanted to punch Tiffany’s face but she avoided. She wanted to fight back when Yuri pulled her hand and ran away. The man chased them. Unfortunately, Yuri fell on the ground and sprained her ankle. She can’t run. At that time the man was closer to them. Tiffany determined. She carried Yuri in bridal style. She then ran away from the man and surprisingly the man was far behind them. Well, Tiffany is a great runner anyway. Better than Yuri. Yuri was thankful so she kissed Tiffany’s cheek.

 

“You’re great. Please be my lifesaver when I needed one”

 

She said and pecked her lips onto Tiffany’s. Tiffany was blushing. After that time, Yuri began to learn taekwondo from Tiffany’s tutor and took Tiffany as her personal fitness trainer.   

 

“Oh yeah, she had a headache, that’s why she can’t make it here”

 

Jessica said.

 

If only you knew that she was heartbroken because of you…

 

-

 

Jessica, Yuri and Taeyeon are crying. For once again, Tiffany is leaving them in Seoul while she had to go back to her family when she heard about Michelle’s accident. It’s just the same happened to her mother but unluckily her mother is dead when she was 12, the age that she came back to Korea again.

 

“Fany, take care of yourself”

 

Taeyeon said and hugs her best friend. Tiffany is also crying. Then, Jessica joined in.

 

“My lifesaver, you’ll come back right?”

 

Yuri asked with teary eyes.

 

“I’m sorry Yul but I can’t promise this time”

 

Tiffany said also with teary eyes. Then, they do a group hug for the last time ever.

 

-

 

A week after,

 

Jessica is reading an English novel in her room when her phone is ringing downstairs.

 

“Mom, please pick up the phone”

 

She shouted to her mom and her mother picks it up. After awhile, Jessica heard her mother screams for her name.

 

“Sooyeon…”

 

Her mother took a deep breath before speaking.

 

“Your best friend, Tiffany… is dead”

 

While, with Yuri and Taeyeon,

 

Both of them are in bar when Taeyeon’s phone is ringing means a message comes in. It was from Jessica.

 

To: Taengoo

From: GorJeshika

Tae, I hope you relax. Our Tiffany… she is dead from an accident!

 

Taeyeon stop breathing.

 

It can’t be.

 

“Yul…”

 

She calls out for her best friend. Yuri raised her eyebrows while took a sip of whiskey.

 

“Our Tiffany…she’s dead. She’s dead because of accident, Yuri”

 

Taeyeon spoke up and begins to crying. At that time, Yuri felt like collapsed. Her lifesaver had gone to the other world.

 

TBC

 

 

……………

 

 

How was the first chapter? Is it boring? Well, this is just a beginning for a war. Well, the next chapter you’ll find out how Tiffany “dead”. Enjoy your reading!!!