Fourth step.

Strangers On The Air

 

__« Chae In-ah, you have visitors. »

__The young lady switched off her microphone and turned to Minhyuk with a frown.

__« I'm kind of in the middle of-

__- I think I can cover for you. » he cut while grabbing her chair to make her move.

__She raised an eyebrow, silently asking if he was serious. He simply smiled and shrugged before pressing her to go. She got up and blinked, waiting for an explanation, but he sat in her place and put on the headphones without a further word. Caught off guards, Chae In stood still for a few seconds before her colleague turned to her with one last encouraging look towards the door. She sighed and rolled her eyes out of desperation.

__Eventually, she headed for the entrance of the studio, wondering if her friend was playing a trick on her. One should say that Chae In didn't have many friends, except Minhyuk and other acquaintances of her dancing class. That would explain why, when she arrived at the front door and saw who was waiting for her, she didn't believe her eyes.

__« Hi, Sunbae-nim~ »

__She stared at the two young men standing in front of her, recognizing them though they had changed their haircuts. This had to be joke. That jerk was now even sending his watchdogs to bother her ?

__« Moon Jongup and Choi Junhong. »

__Visibly glad, they happily nodded and smiled. Even though one was literally huge for only 16 years old and the other was nothing else but a dance prodigy, she had to admit they were incredibly cute hoobaes. But something smelled fishy and she was determined to find out what it was.

__She crossed her arms and turned to Minhyuk with a questioning look but he was too busy with taking care of the radio show. She looked back at the two boys and cleared he throat before smiling.

__« To what do I owe this honor ? » she sarcastically said.

__They smirked at her suspicious face.

__« Is something wrong with us being here ? » Junhong pouted.

__Damn, they were good with their puppy faces. She almost fell for it but pulled herself together eventually.

__« I just didn't expect the little friends of Mister Jerk to come visit me. »

__They giggled at the nickname and scratched their heads, embarassed. 

__« You know, Jongup explained, just because he's our Hyung doesn't mean we agree with everything he does. »

__Interesting, but was it really the truth or were they only making fun of her on behalf of their leader ? She narrowed her eyes and put her arms on her hips, still not convinced.

__« Keep talking. »

__They laughed.

__« Actually, Junhong started, we think you're pretty cool, Noona. »

__Jongup fervently nodded in agreement. Chae In giggled, flattered by the compliment.

__« We like you. » Jongup went on.

__She almost choked.

__« We just wanted you to know that. »

__Surprised, she blinked, not knowing whether she should feel honored or just not care at all. A few weeks ago, they were still ignoring each other and all of a sudden, she was a cool Noona ? She shook her head. Was she in some sort of parallel world ?

__« Okay, hum... Thank you, I guess ? »

__Their angelic faces smiled at her before they waved goodbye and walked away like everything was perfectly fine.

__« See you around then, Noona ! »

__Chae In watched them go silently, too shocked to even answer.

__She didn't know these guys personally, she had never talked to them before, except that one time in the dancing room. She had heard about them, of course. She knew almost everything there has to know about future talents. It was no surprise Junhong and Jongup were part of B.A.P, a concentrate of handsome and gifted guys but also a bunch of boasters -everyone was aware of that and Chae In had already experienced it. The good thing with popular students was that information about them was common knowledge and you didn't have to search very far to make them out. That were the advantages of what is called reputation.

__She slowly closed the door and walked back into the studio, glaring at Minhyuk.

__« What the hell just happened ? »

 

*

 

__Chae In looked at her watch and gasped. How in the world did she always manage to be so late ? She sighed and started running through the corridors, biting her lip while hurrying to get outside and catch the bus. Taking another look at her watch, she didn't pay attention to the person coming the other way as she was getting to the entrance door of the school. They violently bumped into each other, making her drop her books. She rubbed her shoulder in pain, cursing between her teeth.

__« Damn it, can't you watch where you're going ?

__- I'm so sorry, are yo- »

__She stopped and widened her eyes as she recognized the voice. She looked up and sighed at the view of the young man. Fate was definitely playing with her, or she just had bad karma.

__« Oh, it's you. Then I'm not sorry at all, she smirked. And I'd love to hit you again. »

__Yong Guk laughed cynically and crossed his arms while she bent down to grab her stuff.

__« Wow. Clumsy AND rude ? »

__Look who was talking. Ignoring his remark, she rolled her eyes before getting up. As he was staring at her, she noticed he had changed his haircut too, opting for a color between black and purple. It certainly gave him a more mature look, but it also revealed its true bad-boy nature.

__« You know, he started after a few seconds with a defying look, I really don't understand why people like you, Im Chae In. »

__She giggled, amused.

__« That's funny, I could tell you the exact same thing, Bang Yong Guk. »

__Pushing him with her shoulder, she passed by him without a look and got out of the building.

 

*

 

__Grumbling unintelligible words against God knows what, the leader of B.A.P kept hitting the arm-rests of the chair he was sitting on with his fists, a faraway look in his eyes. As Himchan was playing billiards with Daehyun, he passed his friend by and overheard him muttering about someone getting on his nerves. Immediately understanding the matter, he sighed and narrowed his eyes.

__« Why do you care anyway ? » he asked Yong Guk.

__Did they even have to talk about that ? That was what Himchan's look said when his friend turned to him. First embarrassed that he had heard him, Yong Guk then shrugged with a frown.

__At this point, Youngjae looked up from his homework, suddenly interested in the scene playing before him. He smirked and decided to tease his hyung a little, like he always loved to do.

__« Yeah, we're worried about you, Hyung. »

__Daehyun immediately gave him a don't-involve-us-into-your-nonsense look, but Youngjae ignored it and kept going, watching every reaction of Yong Guk.

__« I mean, it shouldn't even bother you, so wh- »

__One glare from Yong Guk made him immediately stopped but Youngjae was inwardly smiling, happy his plan worked. Daehyun shook his head and sighed. Why did that kid always have to provoke his hyung ? Young Jae stuck out his tongue at him before going back to his homework, not the least afraid of his hyung's counter-attack.

__Yong Guk clenched his fists and cursed between his teeth. Ruffling his hair in frustration, he got up and walked to the billiards table, leaning against the wall, hands in his pockets. Himchan watched him and pursed his lips before speaking, trying to calm his friend down.

__« Listen, it's not like it's the first time someone tries to stand up to you, right ? »

__Yong Guk nodded, not very convinced.

__« She'll grow tired of showing off eventually, trust me. Just ignore her. »

__Absorbed in his video game so far, Jun Hong suddenly hit the pause button and turned to his hyungs with a pout, joining the conversation.

__« I don't want to ignore her. » his head popped up over the couch.

__Surprised, they all turned to him with attention. Yong Guk crossed his arm and raised an eyebrow, waiting for an explanation.

__« I think Chae In noona is cool. » he smiled, nodding to himself.

__Him Chan bit his lip as he watched Yong Guk widen his eyes, glaring at his favorite dongsaeng.

__« Watch your mouth, Choi Junhong. »

__Standing up for his friend, Jongup turned around too and spoke in his turn.

__« He's right. Chae In sunbae is... different. »

__Not believing his ears, Yong Guk groaned and hit the wall with his fist. How come his own friends were against him and defending her ?

__« Oh yeah ? And why is that ?

__- She's smart. »

__No one expected Daehyun to speak his mind but his voice immediately ease the atmosphere as he simply kept playing around the billiards table.

__« And she doesn't care about you, unlike some other girls. »

__Yong Guk blinked as Daehhyun's words came to him as a bombshell. The good point of having Daehyun as a friend was that he didn't lack honesty and you could always count on him to say out loud what everyone silently thought.

__« She's just not into you, Hyung. Get over it. »

__Yong Guk glared at Youngjae, though he knew it was pointless to get angry at that kid. He sighed and looked down.

__Eventually, Junhong and Jongup got back to watching TV while Himchan and Daehyun finished their game without a further word.

__But Yong Guk couldn't stand still. He refused to let some stupid girl make fun of him like this, it just wasn't right. And if there was one thing he loved more than popularity, it was certainly revenge.

__Himchan glanced at his friend for a second and saw a familiar light in his eyes, a light he dreaded, because it simply meant troubles were in sight, and the peace time was over for them.

__« So what's your plan ? » he asked with an annoyed tone.

__Yong Guk looked up and smirked at how easy and obvious the answer was.

__« No mercy. »

 

 

I never could have foreseen what happened between us...

But I think it was better that way. (Him)

 

 


 

 

» Ȧut hør’s nøte.

Hello everyone~

B.A.P is back, YAY ! I'm so happy~  :D

They're just so handsome & talented & amazing...

Their comeback is really great, they're the best  ^^

So, what do you think of the story so far ?

I'm sorry to make you wait between chapters but I don't really have much free time right now ... =S

Thanks to my subscribers & for your nice comments