Twelfth step.

Strangers On The Air

 

 

__The loud beat of the music was echoing in her chest like repetitive hammer blows. With a determined look, she somehow made her way through the dancing crowd and eventually reached the bar. She leaned over the counter and after the waiter saw her, she waved at him with her most charming smile. He greeted her and got closer to hear her more clearly.

 

__« I'm looking for B.A.P, do you know where I can find them ? »

 

 

__The young man nodded and pointed out a distant spot in a corner, overlooking the huge dancefloor. She looked up and smirked after seeing the six boys. She turned to the waiter and thanked him with another seductive smile before walking away.

__They saw her immediately. It was true she didn't go unnoticed : her short and tight red dress revealed her long legs and emphasized her nice bust. A glass in her hand, she was walking gracefully on her high heels, ignoring the glances.

__As she was getting closer, Jongup narrowed his eyes and gasped before tapping Yong Guk's arm.

 

 

__« Hyung, isn't that... »

 

 

__Yong Guk frowned and shook his head, not believing his eyes.

 

 

__« No way... What would she be doing here ? »

 

 

__His suspicion was confirmed when she climbed up the stairs and stood in front of them. Yong Guk blinked, thinking it was a dream. It was no secret she was a beautiful young woman -he had known since the first time they had met-, but tonight, it was different. A whole new side of her was showing, and the word that came to his mind was y. Her clothing, her hair, her makeup, her gait, her whole look was more appealing to him than ever before.

 

__When she finally arrived before them, she observed the expression on their faces and smiled to herself.

 

 

__« Noona ? You... I mean, what... »

 

 

__She turned to Junhong standing next to Jongup, both staring at her with wide eyes, and winked at them with a grin. They blushed and tried to say something but only ended up stuttering. She looked back at the leader and smirked.

 

 

__« Well, well. If it isn't the great Bang Yong Guk... »

 

 

__She walked towards him, shaking her filled glass. Surprised by her attitude, he raised an eyebrow. It seemed like it wasn't her first drink and that made him worry.

 

 

__« Congratulations ! she continued. Your plan succeeded. »

 

 

__He frowned, suspicious. What was she talking about ? He was about to talk back but she cut him off.

 

 

__« You made a complete fool of myself and now, thanks to you, my reputation is ruined. I hope that was worth all of your efforts, unlike me. I'm sure you had a real good fun, didn't you ? »

 

 

__She let out a nervous laugh which scared him and took a sip of the alcohol filling her glass. She shook her head and when she looked up, her smile had turned into a sad and angry look.

 

 

__« Are you happy now ? Are you satisfied ? »

 

 

__She clenched her teeth and suddenly splashed her drink all over him. Yong Guk stepped back in shock and blinked, too speechless to react. His friends immediately walked towards him but he made them stop. It was between her and him and he didn't want anyone else involved.

 

__She slowly approached him and leaned forward, sticking her lips next to his ear.

 

 

__« Bastard. »

 

 

__She put both her hands on his chest and violently pushed him away. She raised her arm and smashed her glass down at his feet, where it broke in a dozen of pieces. She just gave him one last glare before turning around and walking away without a further word.

 

 

__« Hyung, are you okay ? Junhong rushed to him with a napkin.

__- What's wrong with her ? Himchan asked, dumbfounded.

__- She's crazy... » Youngjae sighed while shaking his head.

 

 

__Yong Guk clenched his teeth and tried to stay calm. He roused himself from the assault of his friends, willing to follow her.

 

 

__« It's okay, I got this. »

 

 

__He went down the stairs and looked for her in the crowd. But in the dark, it wasn't an easy task. He kept searching and after a while, he found her dancing with some weird guy who had his hands all over her. Too drunk, she didn't seem to care about their ambiguous position. Feeling the anger rise in him, he clenched his fists and entered the crowd with a determined face. He made his way towards her and before she could even notice him, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her outside without paying any attention to her complaints.

 

 

__« Yah, what do you think you're doing ? Let go of me ! »

 

 

__She tried to struggle though she knew it was useless, he was too strong. They left the main room and went into a small corridor. It was empty but they could still hear the music blasting. When he was sure they were alone, he freed her arm. She rubbed her painful wrist with a wince while glaring at him. He put his hands on his hips and took a deep breath.

 

 

__« What the hell is wrong with you ? »

 

 

__She widened her eyes and sniggered.

 

 

__« I can't believe you're actually asking me that.

__- I'm serious. Did you... Did you spy on me ? »

 

 

__She almost choked. He had got to be kidding her.

 

 

__« Don't flatter yourself, she crossed her arms. I just overheard your little discussion. »

 

 

__He bit his lip, slowly understanding why she had acted like this. He his hair and tried to remain as calm as possible.

 

 

__« Look, he started after a few seconds, I'm sorry, okay ?

__- You're sorry ? Wow, your kindness is incomparable, Bang Yong Guk.

__- Stop it, I'm not joking. »

 

 

__He reached out to try to grab her hand but she immediately moved away with a disgusted face.

 

 

__« Don't touch me.

__- Please, just-

__- I'm sorry too, you know ? »

 

 

__He looked up and met her angry eyes.

 

 

__« I'm sorry I actually thought for one second that maybe -maybe- you were more than just a stupid narcissistic jerk and that maybe -maybe- I had made a mistake. But you clearly proved me wrong, and I'm officially an idiot.

__- I never meant to hurt you, I-

__- Shut up. I'm tired of this. I hate to be taken for a fool, especially by people like you.

__- Will you just listen to me ?

__- No, I don't want to listen to you anymore. Let's just forget we ever met, okay ? Just go back to your old life and don't talk to me. »

 

 

__He stared into her deep brown eyes and saw the tears forming. He looked down and sighed, feeling helpless.

 

 

__« Don't be like this, please.

__- Just forget I exist. And I will do the same. »

 

 

__She turned away and left, but no matter how many times he called her name, she never came back.

 

*

 

__« Hello ?

__- Minhyuk-ah... I'm sorry, I know it's late. I just... I didn't know who else to call...

__- It's okay, don't worry. What's going on ? Are you okay ?

__- Yeah, I'm just... I'm at that stupid night club downtown and I... I missed the last bus... Can you please come pick me up ?

__- Sure, I'll be there in five minutes. Don't go anywhere and just wait for me, okay ?

__- Okay... Thank you. »

 

 

__She didn't have to wait long in the cold before seeing his car. She wiped her tears away and got up. Suddenly realizing how she looked, she tried to hide her legs, embarassed. Minhyuk got off and immediately run to her with a worried face.

 

 

__« Chae In-ah ! What's wrong, are you okay ? »

 

 

__He took off his jacket and put it around her bare shoulders. He suddenly noticed how nice she was dressed but before he could even enjoy the view, he looked up and saw her spoiled make-up.

 

 

__« Have you been crying ? What the hell- »

 

 

__She didn't say anything and simply took refuge in his arms, burying her face against his chest. It took him several seconds to realize what had happened. He really didn't expect to find her in that state and he wondered what could have possibly made her like this. Hesitant, he slowly closed his arms around her and patted her back. They stood quiet for a few minutes, the silence only interrupted by her sobbing.

 

__After a while, she seemed to have finally calmed down. She broke their hug and before he could ask her the reason of her crying, he heard her weak voice begging.

 

 

__« Please, just take me home. »

 

 

I would have never imagined how much our encounter affected me...

And maybe I wasn't ready to accept it yet. (Him)

 

 


 

 

» Ȧuhør’s nøte.

Finally, this chapter is written !

I've waited so long for this, I'm really excited~

The drama is just getting started kekeke.

Now, the story really begins !

The next chapter will explain everything, so please anticipate it ^^

Thank you