Second step.

Strangers On The Air

 

 

__The loud bang of the opening door echoed all around the room, startling the seven boys who were coolly chatting while trying out some dance moves. They immediately stopped their laughter and looked up at the crazy girl standing at the entrance. She was pretty with a nice sculpted body, her curves outlining her thin waist. Long hair framed her white face, falling perfectly on her shoulder, but no sign of a smile, only a frown across her forehead.

__Chae In's gaze shifted from the pile of trash in the middle of the room -a combination of leftovers from what they had just eaten and drunk- to the boys casually staring at her with their hands in their pockets. They gave her an annoyed look then sighed, complaining about how noisy she was.

__That was it. Boiling with anger, she clenched her teeth and tried to restrain herself. She knew they would often use this dancing room for their own purpose and although they didn't have the right to, the teachers had let it go over time. But how dared they leave such a mess and show so much disrespect ? As to prove her right, they started to walk towards the exit door without even looking at her.

__Closing her eyes, she breathed deeply before opening .

__« Yah, you ! »

__They froze, slowly turning their heads to her one by one with a look of disbelief. The leader's eyes followed the direction of her accusing finger pointed at them and blinked, realizing it aimed at himself. He turned to his friends, as if to check he was not dreaming. They simply shrugged, muttering that it was his problem. He looked back at Chae In with a smirk.

__« Yes, I'm talking to you. Aren't you gonna clean that up ? » she asked, now pointing to the trash.

__He tilted his head and giggled, raising an eyebrow.

__« Why would I ? There're people who do it for me anyway. »

__Surprised by his deep voice and shocked by his answer, she almost choked, not believing what she had just heard. How can someone be so rude ? She laughed nervously and placed her hands on her hips.

__« Yah. Do I look like a slave to you ? »

__His eyes seemed to answer positively as he ogled her from head to toe then smirked, silently saying it wouldn't be such a bad idea. Chae In's eyes opened wide before she crossed her arms on her chest with a disgusted look.

__« Do you know who I am ? he asked, amused.

__- Oh, I know. »

__Satisfied, he nodded to himself with a grin. He held her gaze for several seconds and something suddenly hit him. She didn't seem to be scared by him. There was no fear in her eyes. No admiration, no submission. Only anger, confidence and a shift of distrust. And it unsettled him.

__« Bang Yong Guk. Captain of the school basketball team and full-time narcissistic jerk. »

__Behind his blond fringe, his eyes slowly turned from pride to anger. She had crossed the line, she knew it, and she couldn't help but smile. He clenched his teeth and his lips started to tremble.

__« What did you just say ? »

__Her poker face irritated him, he hated when someone would stand up to him -and fortunately for them, it didn't happen often. He stepped closer without a word and leaned forward, planting his dark eyes in hers.

__« And who the hell are you ? »

__Unexpectedly, his husky voice gave her shivers. She remained impassive and cleared before breathing in, opening to answer his provocation.

__« Im Chae In sunbae. »

__She closed as she realized someone else had spoken for her. She blinked while Yong Guk turned around to stare at his friends with big eyes. Jongup eventually looked up at them to inform he was the one talking. Sunbae ? So she was majoring in dance ? Interesting...

__Moon Jongup. Though she had never met him in person, she had heard about him a lot. The teachers were always praising him, despite his young age. He was the best student of his class and a promising kid full of talent.

__« She's the best student of her class, and probably the best dance student at this school. » he continued.

__Yong Guk looked back at Chae In and frowned, not very convinced. Happy with her hoobae's compliments, she moved to the right and smiled at him.

__« Thank you, Jongup-ah. »

__He scratched his head in embarrassment and slightly bowed. Cute, she thought, unlike someone else standing in front of her. Her smile disappeared as her look shifted back to Yong Guk's fierce eyes.

__« Why don't you set them an example ? she sighed. You're a big boy, aren't you ? »

__He did his best not to yield to the anger provoked by her mocking tone. Clenching his fists, he closed his eyes and inhaled deeply.

__« So clean this mess yourself, she ordered. And quick. »

__Without any further word, she turned around and started to walk towards the opened door, hearing Yong Guk's nervous laugh behind her back.

__« Or what ? »

__She stopped and sighed before turning her head. She had tried to be patient with him so far but he was really getting on her nerves.

__« Or I'll make you.

__- Oh yeah ? And how are you gonna do that ? »

__That was very simple. She smirked and placed her hands on both sides of before shouting.

__« Professor Kang~ »

__They heard an answer coming from next door and saw a forty-year-old man coming in. He was tall with muscles, his wavy hair contrasting with his strong jaw and his little but fierce eyes. The boys bit their lips and silently bowed, realizing who they were dealing with. Professor Kang considered his subject -dance- as a sacred art no one should underestimate. He was the strictest teacher at this school and if every student respected him, it was for only one reason : they were too scared to dare irritate him -no matter how popular they were. What the boys didn't know though was that he was Chae In's head teacher and the young lady had succeeded in winning his favors.

__« Oh, it's our Chae In. » his face broke into a grin.

__Chae In immediately put on a big smile and bowed respectfully to greet him before walking towards him.

__« What's going on ? » he raised an eyebrow.

__Showing her most innocence face, she sighed and shook her head before staring at the boys then the pile of trash. Professor Kang followed her gaze and frowned as he realized what he was going on.

__« Yah, you punks ! »

__The boys startled at his scream then sighed, irritated to have been caught this way. They scratched their head while looking down or away, listening to Professor Kang's reprimand.

__« You're dirtying the dancing room again ? Aish, you shouldn't even be here, it's for the dance section students ! I swear, you better clean this up quickly and get out before you see how bad I can be. I don't ever want to see you here again, understood ? Aish, really, these kids are making me crazy... »

__Powerless, Yong Guk groaned as he started to pick up the trash and throw them out, soon followed by his friends.

__« Hurry up, there's a class in two minutes ! Aigoo, how many times do I have to tell them ? This school is helpless, really... »

__Chae In caught sight of Yong Guk's glare but she shrugged it off with a smirk. She shook her hair and turned around, letting them sort it out with Professor Kang. Ignoring the mass of curious students gathered outside the room, she went out without looking back but with a smile of satisfaction on her lips.

 

*

 

__« I'm so sorry I was late today, Chin-ah. »

__Chae In had trouble hiding how guilty she felt. She pouted and gave her little brother the sorriest look she had. Chin Ho giggled and shook his head.

__« Don't worry, Noona, I stayed with Doctor Jung. »

__Luckily for her, her brother was a very understanding person who never worried more than necessary. She would always tell him beforehand when something happened anyway and the hospital staff would always agree to take care of him a little longer.

__« I'm sure you had a very good reason, he continued with a curious look.

__- As a matter of fact, I do. » she retorted, amused.

__She sighed as she thought again about the dance room episode, silently fulminating against Bang Yong Guk and his stupid so-called gang. Feeling her anger rise, she shook her head and tried to explain Chin Ho why her dance class had been postponed. His eyes widened and he suddenly stood up from his seat, uneasy.

__« Some bad guy is messing with my noona ? he almost screamed. Who is he ? Just tell me if it happens again, I swear I'll kick his... »

__Chae In immediately covered his mouth with her hand and glared at him. Where had he learned to talk like that ? He was usually a very calm kid but sometimes, he would just lose his composure. He silently sat down and crossed his arms on his chest with a frown. She laughed at him, amused by his reaction.

__« Watch your mouth, Im Chin Ho. That was very sweet of you but Noona can handle it, okay ? »

__He nodded with a pout while she ruffled her hair, giggling. He then turned towards the window and stared at the city lights with bright eyes. She watched him for several minutes, amused by his curious eyes and happy smile. She felt her burning heart ease and all her worries flew away little by little. She felt all the weight of this tiring day disappear and she finally calmed down.

__« Are you going to work tonight ? he asked without looking away from the window.

__No, not tonight. »

__He turned to her and smiled from ear to ear. Chae In laughed and gave him a slight pinch on the cheek. She hated not to spend as much time with him as she wanted to but she had no choice : she had to work in order to pay for her and her brother school and hospital fees -that meant a lot of money. She didn't have any help from her parents and she didn't plan on asking them. It was sometimes difficult to handle everything alone but it was worth it.

__« And since I went shopping, I'm gonna cook you anything you want, how does that sound ?

__- Awesome~ » he jumped up and down while rubbing his hands with a grin.

__Chin Ho then listed all the dishes he wanted to eat before his sister pointed out it would be a little too much for only two persons. He giggled then suggested he helped her cook but she insisted on doing it herself as a way to make it up to him. He nodded with a smile then looked down, letting out a sigh. Chae In frowned at his sudden serious face then put her hand on his shoulder.

__« Noona. » he softly said without looking up.

__Starting to worry, she blinked at him and silently waited for the rest.

__« Can I go to your school someday ? »

__Surprised by his request, she hesitated for several seconds.

__« I really want to see you dance on a real stage. » he continued.

__He finally looked up and stared at her with bright eyes. Relaxed, Chae In giggled and gave him a warm smile. Her school had very good reputation, certainly, but it was also full of boastful students -like a certain someone and his stupid friends- and she didn't want to bring her brother into it. Not for now, at least.

__« It would be so cool~ »

__She laughed and agreed playfully. She was maybe wrong to always worry about him but she couldn't help it. He was very mature for a 12-year-old kid and perfectly capable of taking care of himself. His situation has forced him to : being abandoned by his parents had made him grown very fast. But to the great delight of Chae In, he had remained a pure and optimist child -and she liked to believe it was thanks to her.

__« I'll take you someday. » she promised with a grin.

__Satisfied, he smiled back at her and happily stared back at the night landscape. She followed her gaze and took a look outside as well, realizing they had almost reached their destination.

__« But for now, it's time to get out of the bus. »

__She took his hand while they got up and they got off the bus after it pulled out. Happily chatting, they walked back home arm in arm.

 

 

I never thought someone like you existed...

Where exactly did you come from ? (Him)

 

 


 

 

 

» Ȧuhør’s nøte.

Hello, dear readers~

I hope you like this second chapter.

I don't know when I'll update the next one, my exam period is starting...

So please be patient, I won't disappoint you !

Thank you for subscribing & commenting, I really appreciate it