Chapter VIII

Secretly dating a nerd?

You had expected it but in the end the amount of text messages asking you if you really had a boyfriend was above your expectations. You nervously bit your lips while responding to every single one. You would never ever not respond to a text unless you had no credit anymore because you hated impoliteness more than everything else.

 

When you had finally answered the last message, it was past 2 in the morning and your eyelids were almost falling. With a loud yawn you stretched your back and went immediately to bed, not even changing clothes.

 

 

You woke up the next morning by a sudden call. Still asleep you answered it, waiting for another one who asked you about your boyfriend but it was him himself.

“Darling? There is a small problem.“ He sounded guilty and you wondered why but before you could ask, he continued.

 

“Remember that management that was interested in our dance group? Well. They want to see us – today. I am really sorry that I can't stay by your side! But in my mind I am always with you.“ You sighed but you couldn't help it and on the other hand you were really, really happy for that chance.

 

“I'll be fine, Kai. Do your best! I know you can do it. I love you.“ You heard him breathing deeply before he answered.

 

“I love you, too and I'll always do.“

You knew that he didn't like the idea of you being the point of interest for everyone today and that he would rather be with you, but that casting was a chance that they had waited for since two months.

 

He hung up without another word and you sadly smiled at the phone in your hand. It had laid on your bed yesterday evening and you suspected that the ringing had pissed your mother off. Whatever, you had it back and the thought that you could text Kai when you would get angry/annoyed/terrified gave you strength.

 

 

You mentally prepared yourself before entering school but it was still awful. Everyone was watching you and you could hear many people saying that you had broken Himchans heart.

*Very encouraging.*

 

You made your way through the whole school, trying to look if you didn't care although it was hard.

After ten nervewracking minutes you reached your homeroom and let out a deep sigh of relief.

 

Class after class passed by and eventually time for lunch had arrived. When you walked into the cafeteria, you could hear the people starting to gossip again and a small but sad sigh escaped your mouth.

 

You reached 'your' table were the other three girls were already sitting and waiting for you. At first there was an awkward silence that you broke with clearing your throat.

“So girls.. I am sorry. Really, really sorry for not telling you! It is just.. a bit difficult.“

 

They didn't make a move or sound and you started to feel uncomfortable. Finally Soo Min spoke up.

“Hye Su.. You don't have to do that. We are your friends, we understand if you don't want to be with him. It was kind of obvious but yeah.. you want to keep your freedom.“ Kyung Mi and Young Il nodded and you starred at them in disbelief.

 

“You think that I am making this up so that I don't have to be with Himchan?“ Somehow you were disappointed. Did they really think of you like that? You were honest enough to tell someone that you just didn't like him. Or were you? You had flirted with Himchan for so long, probably it really seemed like that.

 

“Well, what else would this be? Do you want to tell me that you really have a boyfriend?“ You still haven't figured out why you did what you did but without a real reason you just wanted them to know that you did have someone you loved.

 

“I do. I can call him if you want it to be confirmed!“ They shared a confused look because of your urgent tone but nodded in agreement.

“Go ahead.“ Young Il smiled at you and with suddenly shaking fingers you dialled Kai's number.

*Pick up. Pick up!*

 

 

 

 

“Hyung, your phone is ringing!“ Sehun shouted across the room at me but I made him a sign to stay silent since the heads of the management were entering the room right now. They wanted to tell us their decision.

 

However, the phone kept ringing and with a sigh and a bow I ran to it and turned it off. It was an unknown caller anyways.

 

 

 

You got a bit nervous since he didn't pick up and suddenly a female voice told you that the desired conversation partner was not reachable. You looked up and saw three girls looking at you in annoyance.

 

“Hell. Hye Su, just admit it, ok? You can tell at least us.“ With that they stood up and walked away, leaving you dumbfounded and sad.

*Oh no.. now they think that I am lying to them!*

 

You hated it when friends were angry at you without a reason, you just were the type of girl that wanted to be anybody's friend. Yes, that totally didn't suit the image of a queenka and you were aware of that but you didn't care. You weren't just a typical queenka!

 

Still in thoughts you entered class again, turning your phone off.

*I hope I can get the whole situation somehow right..*

 

 

 

We clapped and bowed to the elders while they were walking out of the room. I secretly made a face causing the others to slightly chuckle and the men shot us a warning glare but I didn't care.

*Basterds. What the hell is wrong with being young? It is not like that that other group is better because they are older.*

 

Rolling my eyes, I packed my belongings as I looked on the phone while turning it on.

Suddenly reality hit me really hard and I gulped. An unknown number, trying to call me although I was in an important meeting?

 

“. Hye Su! I hope nothing happened to her.“

 

And with that I ran out of the room, the others following me behind.

 

Thank you very much for your support! <3 (As always all right belongs to the right owners!)