Chapter VI

Secretly dating a nerd?

FLASHBACK TO WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THEY FIRST MET IN THE DANCE ROOM!

 

You had seen Kai for a few times now, mostly in class. It was weird: although he was disguising himself as someone ugly and tried to act as a nerd you felt attracted to him.

*It somehow feels good being close to him.* you thought to yourself while standing next to him in some random class the two of you were taking together. You bit your lips and started to unknowingly smile at him. Unfortunately, he turned around and smirked at you which made you blush like crazy. *What the hell am I doing right now? I am smiling at him like a mad psycho.*

 

The redness in your face didn't seem to go away and you waited for the class to finally end but as always in that kind of situations time was passing by extra slowly.

Just when you thought you would go crazy, the bell rung and grabbing your things you stormed out of the class and to the dance room.

 

However, you weren't fast enough. As you were walking into the room, someone took your wrist and smiled at you. It was Kai and your cheeks started to heat up again.

*Gosh! Why am I blushing? Please, don't let him see and take any false conclusions.*

 

Luckily, it seemed that he didn't noticed it and you relaxed a bit.

“What are you doing here?“ You were heading into the room and turning the light on. The latter felt on him from behind, making it appear like he was shining from the inside. It made you gulp and one more time overthink what was wrong with you.

“I wanted to see you.“ Your heartbeat fastened by his words and you mentally slapped yourself for that.

“Really?“ Your voice cracked and he looked at you confused.

“Yeah. I have some questions.. I haven't heard anything about Joon in the last few months!“ You felt somehow disappointed but sighed when you thought about your brother.

“Oppa is studying abroad.. at least that is what my parents are thinking. Actually he is a trainee now. I am proud but it hinders me to see him, we haven't talked since more than three months.“ Even you heard the sadness in your voice and he ruffled your hair quickly, probably feeling as uncomfortable as you.

“Well, I am happy for him but I guess it is hard for you. Sorry. Should I arrange something so that you can meet up?“ You looked at him slightly surprised. *He doesn't know me and I don't think that he knows oppa that well so why would he make such an effort?*

 

“Okay. That was weird. Sorry! It is just.. do you remember the first time we met?“ You nodded and he quickly continued.

“Well, at that time your brother instructed me to take an eye on you when he isn't around.. so that is what I am doing now.“ You looked at him frowning and he scratched his head.

“But why would he instruct YOU? And not one of his friends?“ You didn't realise how mean you sounded but he did and he was taken aback by that.

“Euhh. I guess because he thought I would be nice to you?“ Your startled face turned to an embarassed expression when you realised what a mean undertone you had.

“Oh Kai, I am so sorry, I wasn't meaning to be rude. It is just that I was kind of surprised! My brother is not the type if guy that trusts in other people easily. Whatever you have done or not done, it seems that he really liked you.“ You smiled at him with your nicest smile and he returned it causing small pink roses to bloom on your cheeks. *AISH. I have to stop that!*

 

Kai was about to answer when the sound of the bell cut him off and made you notice that you had to go to class.

“Oh . The girls will wonder what I was doing..“

“Just tell them that you were with me.“ He gazed at you with a y smirk but since he was still disguised it ended up in being more weird.

“Yeah sure. If you want to get killed by them, I'll do it!“ You rolled your eyes. “Kai, one thing. Don't get involved with queenkas business. My friends.. they are not always nice.“ Your face and voice had turned serious and he nodded.

 

“Alright, I won't. But.. does 'don't get involved with queenkas business' include not getting involved with you?“ Your heart started to beat faster and one more time redness appeared in your face. The way he looked at you begging made you feel good and you were trying to answer him but your voice didn't obey you anymore. Finally you were able to speak.

“No, it doesn't.“ And with a last look at his beaming face you ran out of the room, trying to hide your excitement.

 

 

A few weeks passed by and it somehow got a rite that you and Kai were meeting in the dance room while lunchtime and talking about this and that.

Your friends started to wonder and some rumors made its way through the school about 'one-lunch-stands' with guys from other schools but you didn't care.

 

You loved being with Kai and after a while you weren't able to deny it any longer: you had fallen head over heels for him. *So that is what love feels like.*

Although you were longing for it, you hadn't seen him without disguise just once until one day when he finally asked you out.

You weren't expecting it since you had talked about something totally different but the way you laughed about some of his jokes made him forget any mental reservations.

If you hadn't known it before, now it was obvious: you had fallen so deeply for him. Your heart almost exploded of joy and you couldn't stop smiling for the next few days.

 

Finally it was there – the day of your date. You dressed up prettily but tried to not overdo it and when you stepped out of the house, you were already beyond amazed.

 

The date went like a date is supposed to go: you had fun, enjoyed your time together and fell for him deeper and deeper. Kai absolutely wanted to bring you home but when you were just a few metres away from your house, he stopped.

“Hye Su?“ You turned around and smiled at him, enjoying his beauty. *How can anyone as goodlooking as him disguise himself? Well my advantage. Nobody is going to take him away from me!*

He opened and closed his mouth for a few times and you started to get confused.

“Yes, Kai?“ *Please, dear god. Please let him say that he enjoyed today!*

“Nothing.“ Kind of disappointed you let your shoulders sink but just a few steps later he called you again, this time with a determined expression on his face.

 

The next things happened in just a few seconds. With a sudden move he came closer to whisper the following words into your ear, making you shiver because of his warm breath against your could neck.

“I think.. No, I am sure! That.. that I like you.“ Kai your burning cheeks and leaned in to give you a small kiss on the forehead.

Your surprise was huge and your eyes opened wide while your mouth started shaping an O.

*This can't be real. OH MY GOD. This can't be real!* He released you and you gazed at him startled.

 

Slightly smiling and without another word he walked away, not once turning around and leaving you dumbfounded and with a rapidly beating heart.

 

 

I just couldn't resist writing another chapter, the ideas for it were whirling around in my head all day! I hope you enjoy reading and that this got you kind of a 'base' for what is happening in the story. I didn't want to describe the date in details because everyone has their own opinion of a perfect date, right? LOVE to you <3