Final

Secretly dating a nerd?

TEN MONTHS LATER

 

“Kai!“ you shouted through your flat, hectically running around and searching for your shoes.

“Kai, where did you put my shoes yesterday? I knew I saw them when we came back after you had picked me up from university.“

 

With a sigh you stopped your marathon just to see him leaning to the door with your shoes in his hand.

“Do you mean these?“ He chuckled and you were slightly embarassed. *Yeah, right. I told him to hold them until I am ready so I can not lose them.* You grabbed the flat ballerinas and put them on without looking at his amused expression.

 

“Stop smiling like that and instead start asking my parents if they are done. I guess we are running late again!“ Kai rolled his eyes but did as told. In a second he had left the flat and went upstairs to look for your parents while you were one last time standing infront of the mirror and correcting last bits of your outfit. Then, with a deep breath, you walked out of the door and locked it behind you.

 

You had been living in this flat together with Kai now since a few months, to be exact since university had started. Well, for you it had started: Kai was trainee at this huge company and although it was kind of hard because you missed him a lot when he wasn't around you, you were unbelievable proud and happy for him. Yes, life was going perfect now and you smiled to yourself.

 

However, the ungentle sound of your father's car horn brought you back to reality and you realised that it was standing only a few metres away and your mother and Kai were busy waving at you.

*Oops.*

 

You ran to them and a second later, you were sitting on the back seat next to your boyfriend.

He grabbed your hand and lightly squeezed it with an encouraging smile.

You beamed at him and squeezed back.

 

“I am fine. Good, I am so looking forward to this.“ He released your hand and you pulled out your phone.

“Mom! We are almost twenty minutes too late. Hurry up!“ She turned around and smiled.

“Don't you think I have noticed that, too? It is alright, I already called the wedding planer and she said we have enough time left. Oh and Kai! That suit looks good on you.“

 

He thanked her and you turned your attention to him. Your mother was right, he looked stunning and you gulped.

*Here we go again: he is making me speechless.*

 

(Let's imagine this is Kai. Picture belongs to the right owner! Great guy by the way. He is from Lookbook.)

 

When he looked at you a few minutes later, you were still starring at him with opened jaw and a small smile curving your lips. He smirked and raised one eyebrow.

“What are you looking at?“

“You. You.. you are breathtaking beautiful.“ A wide grin appeared on his face and he pointed at you.

 

“My darling, have you looked in the mirror? I am afraid you will steal some hearts today. That dress.. it makes you look even more gorgeous than usual.“

 

(and let's imagine this is you! turn the shoes into flat ballerinas and taadah - your wedding look. another lookbooker, she is absolutely amazing. the right belongs to the right owners!)

 

 

He your cheeks and you gave him a long, loving gaze.

 

The minutes passed by and soon you arrived at your destination where you kissed Kai goodbye for a moment.

He had to take care of your brother while you were in charge of helping your almost sister-in-law to get in her dress. She looked amazing and was happy whistling and singing all the time while you dressed her. Somewhere in your heart you started to wish that you could experience that kind of feeling too but you were too busy to longer think about it.

 

After two nervewracking hours the bride was done and you clapped your hands in excitement.

“You look beautiful!“

 

She blushed and took your hands.

“Thank you, little sister. But go now. I am sure you want to spent some time with Kai.“ With that she gave you a peck on the cheek and waved you out of the room. You blinked in surprise when the door closed after you but you had to admit that she was right.

*I already start missing him. But where is he?*

 

In that moment, he came around the corner and a big smile formed itself on his flawless face.

“You are here! I was about looking for you.“

 

He embraced you in a warm hug and you buried your face in his chest, smelling his unique and wonderful scent while you took his hands and hold them tightly.

The two of you stayed like this for a few minutes in a peaceful silence completely forgetting about the wedding and the world around you when he suddenly sighed.

 

“Darling? I want to tell you something.. Seems like Soo Min is here.“

“I expected it. Her brother is a good friend of Joon. But still..“ You unknowingly touched the scar on your left cheek while the other hand laid on your chest, protecting it from something that had happened long ago.

“I can't change it. Just promise me that you won't do anything, ok? It is enough that she went to a girl's boarding school.“ You meant it like that, you had forgiven her. Not in a way that you wanted to be friends with her but in a way that told you that hating her for the rest of your life would not bring you any good.

Kai raised his eyebrow's but nodded afterwards.

“Ok. I won't.“

 

You changed the topic and in the end you had almost missed the start of the ceremony because you were just concentrated on each other.

“Lee Hye Su! Kim Jong In. HURRY UP.“ Your mother shouted through the hall and in embarassment you grabbed Kai's hand and dragged him to the first row where you were supposed to sit. You had hurried so much that you were able to listen to the end of your and the bride's mother conversation.

 

“Your daughter and her boyfriend – they are a match made in heaven!“ the bride's mother whispered with a smile causing your mother to beam at her.

“I think so too! Although I was at first a bit unsure if the two would work out now I am totally convinced. I hope they are the next to stand there.“ She pointed to the front of the hall and with a burning red head you sat down next to her.

 

Finally, the ceremony began and you enjoyed every single second of it. It was beautiful and after a while you started crying a bit. Kai smiled at you and laid one arm around you to whisper something in your ear which made your heart beating rapidly and your breathing unsteady.

“Someday the two of us will be at their place.“

 

You smiled wide and exactly when the newly-wed couple kissed, Kai and you did the same.

It took you some time to realise that but as soon as you did you parted your lips from his and let out a chuckle, making Kai realise it, too.

*Almost a sign.*

 

It was time to congratulate and soon the room was filled with happy smiling people and waiters who carried small plates with delicious snacks around. However, the real celebration would take place in a nearby restaurant.

 

You and Kai were the first to arrive there and you spent some time waiting until the others also managed to come.

Dinner passed by in happiness and finally it was time for the speeches. There were a lot of it, starting with your father and then with the bride's father. You had a hard time keeping your interested expression because actually you were pretty tired. With Kai it was no difference: when the bride's father finally ended, he let out a quiet yawn and you chuckled. However, it was not done with the speeches yet. Following was a long monologue from your brother about his beautiful wife and you smiled.

*They are so in love.*

 

You starred at them absent-minded when suddenly someone took your wrist and brought you out of the room as soon as Joon had finished his last sentence.

 

You looked up and saw Kai smirking at you. Without a word he lifted you up bridal-style and stepped out of the building into the garden where he sat you down on a bench.

It was a somehow magic place, a pavillon was standing nearby and roses were blooming everywhere.

*I feel like I am taking part in some unrealistic romantic movie right now.*

 

(picture belongs to right owner!)

 

 

Kai closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

“This is beautiful, right? Almost as beautiful as you.. Uuh. That sounded cheesy!“ He laughed and you joined in; your laughs filled the air. His deep and dirty, yours high and joyful.

All of a sudden he straightened his back and stood up, making you a sign to stand infront of him.

 

You did as told and he leaned his forehead against yours.

Time passed by and you locked your eyes into his amazingly brown ones until he finally raised his voice.

 

“My sweet darling, I know I've told you this a lot.. but I love you. With every single piece of my body I love you and I will never ever stop.“

 

With that his soft and perfect lips touched yours, sending shivers down your spine. Interrupting the kiss for a second you whispered your respond and he smiled before again pressing his lips on your lips.

 

In that moment, you finally realised the whole truth. You had known it before but you had never actually spoken it out, not to yourself and certainly not to anyone else.

 

He was the guy that you would say “Yes! I do“ to, he was the one to whom children you would give birth to, he was the one you would spent the rest of your days with.

 

Kai was the love of your life.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So here we are. I am done! In a weird way sad that it is finished now.. Well, I hope that you enjoyed the whole story! It would mean the world to me if you could leave some kind of "final" comment :D actually I am thinking about someday writing a sequel so if you are interested - I am going to post it here. :)

THANK YOU. Thank you, thank you, thank you! each of you wonderful subscribers and silent readers makes me happy <3 BIG HUG!

 

and just in case that someone is interested: I am writing another EXO story! I would be totally excited if you could take a look on it as well :)
http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/186126/her-shattered-heart-romance-exo-exok-kai-joonmyun-kyungsoo-suho

 

and yes! I do know that the ending is cheesy and so on but I don't ing care because I love cheesy and happy endings and love at first sight and red roses and all that romantic stuff <3 don't judge me! :D

 

I am really thankful for your support! Until maybe sometime -  GOODBYE <3

 

 

 

"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give you forever." - The Notebook