Chapter 32: Letting Go

Temporarily Taken By EXO

 

 

HyunMi glanced over at her ex-partner Sehun and tilted her head, deep in thought. Sehun was staring blankly at the wall. He should be ecstatic! What's there not to be happy about? Eunbi is an amazing person and super funny!

But how does she feel? Should she be happy that she is with Baekhyun, her dream guy? At the same time, HyunMi felt a bit cheated on. 

BaekHyun noticed HyunMi zoning out and tapped on her shoulder.

"Is there something wrong?" he asked, looking up from his manga.

"Oh nothing, I was just thinking," she smiled. "Don't worry about it."

"Hey guys, I'm going to go out for a walk," Sehun excused himself from the group.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Eunbi asked enthusiastically.

"I just want some alone time, that's all," Sehun said and walked away.

Eunbi shrugged and went back to the rest of the group.

"So you're going to join us?" ChoHee asked excitedly.

"I think I still need to think about it," she replied.

"Aww, c'mon, Eunbi!" MiHye encouraged.

"Yea, we're pretty cool people!" SoYeon winked.

"Okay okay, I'll stay here with you guys!"  

"Let's go celebrate!" the leader Suho announced. 

Everyone cheered.

 

Sehun sighed, walking down the crowded street of Seoul. He felt so lost, and no longer knew what he wanted.

Did I fall in love with HyunMi? No way! Maybe just liked her a bit.. We all know she likes Baekhyun hyung though..

He tried reasoning with himself. Eunbi is a nice girl too! I think soon I would come to like her.

Deep in his thoughts, he didn't notice he was standing still as a statue in the middle of the busy street until a teen cursed at him. 

"Move faster, old man!" he sneered. 

Sehun walked down the street but had no clue where he was going until he found himself in front of a familiar cafe. He walked in and sat at the same seat and ordered the same cheesecake as the last time he came with HyunMi. (Chapter 15)

While unconsciously taking bites of his cake, he thought back to the times he spent with HyunMi. 

He realized that the whole time he's been trying to get close to her, all she wanted was BaekHyun.

Why doesn't she like me when I'm always the one there for her?

BaekHyun hurt her multiple times with the drama from MinHee but she still likes him.

I think I should just give up.

He snaps out of it when he hears the sound of metal clanking.

Everyone in the cafe was staring at him because he broke the silence by dropping his spoon.

Sehun picked up the fork and ducked his head while trying to avoid everyone's glares. 

When he felt like everyone went back to their own business, he got up to leave, but bumped into someone. 

"I'm sorry sir!" a petite girl squeaked. 

"It's okay," he smiled. The girl gasped when she had a better look at his face.

"Omo it's Seh-" she was cut off when he covered and shushed her. 

"Do you want my signature or something?" he asked her. She timidly nodded.

After he signed a napkin for her, she spoke up.

"Sehun-ssi, would you like to have some coffee with me?" she asked.

"Thanks, but I should get going," he smiled at her, and walked out of the door.

Sehun took out his phone and saw that he had 5 missed calls and 4 text messages.

 

      Hey where are you, man? 

                        - D.O

     ----------------------------------

 

      We're at the restaurant across from the big park!

                                                 -Suho

     ----------------------------------

 

      Where are you, oppa?

                    -Eunbi

     ----------------------------------

 

      Since you're out, can you buy me the new Playboy Magazine?

                                                            -Kai

     ----------------------------------

 

None of these are from HyunMi.

His mind was set. I'm letting go of her. I don't need her in my life.

This doesn't mean he has to stop seeing her though. He'll treat her like just a friend, just like how she has been treating him all along.

 

Just friends.

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While rereading some of the old chapters I think I was high omg. I don't do drugs guys, don't worry. Above the influence ;)

I'm super weird sometimes, soo comment if you like how weird the story is or whether I should be more serious like this chapter!

Thanks for reading! :)