When Two Different Worlds Collide

When Two Different Worlds Collide

Chapter 22. Another Painful Night

 

It’s already Sunday; Jung sisters are busy preparing for Jessica’s party, organizing things to make sure it’s going to be successful. It’s not that big party; they’ve only invited their close friends and family friends. Their father and grandma could not make it because they’re busy in their business in New York; they just gave a call to congratulate Jessica. They are now preparing for their dresses and make-ups; Jessica is sitting in front of the mirror doing her hair while Krystal is just sitting on her bed thinking of something.

“Unnie, this will going to be a great and unforgettable night, I assure you.” Krystal blurted out.  Jessica stared at her on the mirror suspiciously. She smells something will happen that ain’t right. Krystal noticed it. “What’s with that look, unnie? Are you thinking that I’m planning to do something bad?”

“Are you?” Jessica clarified.

“Huh! Of course not, unnie! Why would I do that?!” She pouts her lips and crosses her arms to show how dismayed she is hearing that to her own sister. Jessica felt bad about it and faced her.

“Okay, I’m sorry for thinking like that. Just be sure not to do something that will disappoint me, Krys. Just don’t.”

“I promise; I will not disappoint you.” She swears while raising her right hand to show her sister how sincere she is.

“I trust you.” She smiled and they both shared a tight hug to each other.

Jessica’s ribbon cutting for her new clothing store starts at 5:30 pm, then after that, they will proceed to the next venue for dinner party. Nichkhun told Jess that they’ll be coming late and will just proceed to the dinner party while Minho’s appearance isn’t sure yet.

Minho is still lying on his bed. He’s been thinking for more than an hour already, if he’s going or not. He wants to see her but afraid that this could only hurt him especially she’s going with his best friend, Nichkhun, which he treats now as a rival. It’s nearly six o’clock and he needs to make a decision, so he asked for a sign to help him decide.

On the other side of the story, Yuri asked Nichkhun, if it’s okay with him that her friend, Donghae, will ride with them. He is very curious about this guy friend of hers. He never knew about him before and the way Yuri talks about him, they seems very close, ‘Is he a new rival?’  This is the question that keeps running on his mind. He wants to say, ‘No, he can’t ride with us’ however, he doesn’t want to dismay her so he said yes. They are now waiting for him outside of his shop. Donghae came out from the door with Taemin, he asked if he could just say ‘hi’ to Yuri.

“Yul!” Donghae shouted. As she saw Taemin, she runs towards them and gave Taemin a hug and a kiss on his cheeks.

“Hi Taeminnie, how are you?”

“I’m fine Yuri noona. Just want to see you before you go.” Yuri smiled in his cuteness.

“Ahh. Thanks Taeminnie. Could you kiss me goodbye then?” Yuri asked while pointing to her cheeks. Taemin kissed and waved goodbye then headed inside.

“Wahh, Taemin is so lucky. Yul, can I get a kiss from you too?” Donghae asked jokingly. Yuri laughed and punched his arms playfully.

“Wait!” She stops from punching him. He stared at her from head to toe which made her uncomfortable. “Wow, you look gorgeous tonight.” He complimented.

“Yah! Oppa! Stop playing around me, it’s not working at all.” She continued punching him while walking. Then Donghae puts his arms around her while explaining that he meant what he said. Nichkhun is looking at them with jealousy in his eyes and felt like he invisible.

“Ahemm.” He pretends that he’s clearing his throat to somehow distract them from their sweetness, saying in his thoughts ‘Hello, I’m here too’. And he succeeds.

“Oh… Hae, I want you to meet Nichkhun, he’s my boss but more on a friend. And Khun, this is Donghae my childhood best friend, until now.” Donghae extends his hand, same with Nichkhun and made a handshake.

“Thanks to you, Yul, because of you I’ve got a chance to see her again.” He’s referring to Jessica.

“See her again?” Nichkhun asked in curiosity. Yuri laughed and explained it to him, that Donghae liked Jessica. He is relieved hearing that he likes someone else and it’s not Yuri and now knows that he’s not a rival but just a friend, childhood best friend to be exact.

Nichkhun, Yuri, and Donghae are now walking towards the entrance of the venue, but before they could reach the door, they saw someone who’s very familiar to them, to whom Donghae lend his help last night, whom Nichkhun unwanted to see and whom Yuri missed a lot; it’s no other than, Minho.

*Flashback

Minho asked for sign to help him decide whether he would go or not. If he will receive a call or a text from Yuri within ten minutes, he will go. If not, then he will stay. Simple but a little bit impossible, since Yuri is avoiding him. He is lying on his bed, holding his phone, waiting for her call or text.

“Yuri, give me a call or a text, even if it’s blank. Come on.” Minho said desperately. Two minutes left, still no sign and he’s now losing hopes. He throws his phone on the pillow near him. Less than a minute left, his phone rings, someone texted him, he tried to search it using his hand but not anymore expecting a message from her. As he saw the name, his eyes widen and make himself jump off the bed. He cannot believe that it’s from Yuri. He opened it immediately and read, ‘Soo, please tell Seohyunie that I’ll be going home late so tell her to sleep early.’ So the message is really for Sooyoung and wrong sent it to him. But it doesn’t matter to him, as long as it came from Yuri.

*End of flashback

Yuri is standing on the right side of Nichkhun. As her eyes met Minho’s eyes, she immediately looked away to avoid it. That became an awkward moment for all of them. Donghae gained courage to break the tenses between them by approaching Minho.

“Hey Minho, so how are you? I didn’t know you are coming?” He tries to act cool.

“Hey… I feel better.” While they were talking, Nichkhun looked at Yuri, wondering of how they knew each other.

“They knew each other?”

“Yeah, just a couple of weeks.” She explained, a little.

“Let’s go?” She nodded and he held her hand, and then headed inside. She took a last glance to Minho, who keeps looking at them jealously. Donghae patted his shoulder to show him that he knows what he feels.

“Let’s head inside.” He is back into his senses when he heard him, and then followed him behind.

When Jessica saw Yuri and Nichkhun, she immediately goes to their way and greeted them.

“Khun, Yuri, I’m glad that you made it here.”

“Ne.” Khun and Yuri both said. “We don’t want to miss this special event of yours.” Nichkhun added.

“Thanks for the both of you.” She said happily and then remembered someone. “Oh. By the way, you didn’t bring your friend with you... your guy friend, D-Donghae?” Nichkhun raised his eyebrow and gave her a suspicious look, she noticed it. “Ahmm, don’t think of something else, I’m just curious. You know… I invited both of you right?” Jessica defended herself, a little bit embarrassed of what she said. Yuri just gave her a smile; she has a feeling that Jessica is interested in him too.

“Don’t worry, he’s with me.” Yuri said. “Oh, there he is.” Nichkhun pointed behind her. Then she turns around to face them. He is walking towards them with Minho. She smiled as she sees him, she finds him handsome and very interesting guy.

“Congrats, Sica.” Minho greeted.

“Thanks, Minho.” She then fixed her eyes on Donghae. “Hi, I’m glad to see you here.”

“Ah, yeah. Your party seems great.” Donghae said shyly that made her a little giggle which Donghae finds cute. After all that greetings, Jessica led the four on one rectangular table, where 6 people can sit together. She has no idea that Nichkhun and Minho are not in good relationship right now, so she thought it’s alright to sit them together but they did not oppose, they just follow her instead. When they reached the table, Nichkhun and Minho pulled the same chair for Yuri at the same time. They both looked at each other, as well as Donghae and Yuri.

“Yul, just sit here near me.” Donghae breaks the tension within them by offering the chair at the right end of the table.

“Thanks, oppa.” She seated on that chair while Nichkhun took a seat beside her, Minho in front of her.

“I’ll just get something to drink.” Minho told Donghae and immediately stood up.

“I’ll go with you.” He stood up to catch up on Minho while the two just remained in their seats.

“You want a drink, Yul? I’ll get one for you.” Nichkhun offers.

“It’s okay. You know, I am not dri--” She doesn’t finish her sentence when someone interrupts their attention.

“Khun?” A lady called him from behind, assuring that it’s him. He got surprised when she recognized the girl.

“Vic!” He stood up from her seat and hugs her. Victoria’s family and his family are really good friends that’s why they’re close to each other. They haven’t seen each other for a long time since their family moved to Paris. And because of overexcitement, he forgot to introduce her to Yuri, that’s why she’s left alone. Yuri doesn’t felt bad for not introducing her; it’s just she felt bad for leaving her behind. A little while, she released a deep sigh when Donghae came back, but Jessica came and they both started talking so she excused herself for a while.

Yuri excused herself to go to restroom but the truth; she just wants to find a refreshing and silent place and she found this balcony. It’s quite far from the people on the party so no one was there. She prefers to be alone in this silent place rather than being alone, hearing those people busy talking to each other. Since this is a high place she can view the busy streets of Seoul, the bright lights of the cars and other buildings around. She lifts her head and watches the stars twinkling in the clear sky. She suddenly closes her eyes and feels the cold wind splashing to her skin, letting her hair flows to the blow of it. A memory then flashed in her mind.

*Flashback*

      Yoona, Yuri and Seohyun were racing to the top of the hill, as usual Yuri got there first. She was jumping happily for reaching it first. She looked at Seohyun who is already panting while Yoona is trying to catch up with her little sister. She just made a giggle watching them both.

“Go Seohyunie, go unnie. Come on, you can do it!” She shouted at the top of her lungs, cheering for her sisters, to give them strength. As they finally reached the top, Yuri grabbed their hands.

“Both of you try this.” She demonstrated it by raising both arms sideward embracing the wind like she’s flying, closing her eyes, inhaling and exhaling the fresh air to help them catch their breaths and be relaxed. Both of them followed what she did while holding her hands. Yoona is on the left and Seohyun is on the right, which placed Yuri at the center.

It’s a normal and simple day yet happy and unforgettable moment of her life.

*End of Flashback*

Her tears fell, remembering those happy moments of them, moments that could never be happen again. She is destructed by a deep voice who spoke beside her that made her startled.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Minho is about to go back to the table, holding a glass of wine, when she saw Yuri going outside, to the balcony. He puts down the glass, and then followed her. It’s his chance to have a talk with her and clarify everything. Little he didn’t know that Krystal saw both of them and followed also. As he went outside the balcony, he saw Yuri looking up to the sky; he is stunned by her beauty as the moonlight reflects her face. She then closes her eyes while Minho made a step closer and just keeps staring at her without her noticing him. He decided not to disturb her anymore but her tears suddenly fell which made him worried. He searched for his handkerchief to offer.

“I think you will need this.” He said. Yuri is startled by his deep voice that she immediately wipes her tears with her fingers. She’s surprised to see Minho standing beside her. She didn’t utter any word and ignored his offer and is about to leave him but Minho hurriedly holds her wrist. “Can you please give me your five minutes to talk?” He begs in a soft voice. Yuri wants to stand firm but later gave him a chance.

“Your timer starts now.” She said without facing him.

“Why are you doing this to me, Yuri? Is it because of Nichkhun?” Yuri kept silent for a moment before saying a word.

“This has nothing to do with Nichkhun or anyone else… It’s just me…” She turns her head to face him. “It’s just me, alone.”

“Then why? You can tell me, Yul. Maybe I can help you.” Yuri smirks and looked away holding back her tears.

“You want to help?” Minho nodded. “Then stay away from me.” Minho is surprised by her answer. Yuri left him dumbfounded then teardrops fell from his eyes. Hearing those words of her are more hurtful than hearing those harsh words of her father, more painful when Nichkhun punched him, much worse when he had a break up.

Krystal hides herself in a post, sneaking on them. She did not hear any single word but she knew Minho was hurt. She never seen Minho cried before, even when the time she broke up with him. She has known him as a strong guy but it hurts her knowing that he becomes weak in front of Yuri.

Yuri is already back on the table then a minute after, Minho also came back. “Yul, Donghae told me, you went to the restroom?” Nichkhun asked. She forced a smile and nodded. “What took you so long?” Yuri glanced at Minho before answering him.

“Ahmm. T-there are lots of people there, so I need to wait.” Yuri lied.

“Really?” Krystal suddenly appeared from nowhere. All eyes are on her, the three of them including Donghae and Jessica. “I thought it’s you the one I saw at the balcony a while ago. Right, Minho?” All heads are turned to Minho except Yuri. His eyebrow knitted looking at Krystal’s sarcastic expression. She did not let them speak. “Oh… maybe I’m wrong, maybe I mistook her with someone else. Just forget about that… Can I sit here with you guys?” She took the empty seat near Yuri since Donghae is chatting with Jessica so he had taken the seat beside her. All of them are knitting their eyebrows surprised by Krystal’s action but they just passed through it after she said she had a mistake.

They are now having a dinner. Yuri seemed lost her appetite, she just stared at her food without eating it. Nichkhun noticed it.

“Yul, why are you not eating?” Nichkhun asked.

“It’s okay. I think I lost my appetite.” Yuri said then Krystal interrupted.

“Oh. Yuri, just tell us if you don’t know how to use that knife. Let me cut it for you.” Krystal grabbed her plate and cut the beef. Yuri just stayed calmed but she’s really pissed inside. All of them looked at her with a confused face.

“Krys, what are you doing?!” Jessica asked her.

“What?” She asked innocently like she doesn’t know what she did wrong. “I’m just trying to help… Here, Yuri.” She put back the plate in front of her. Jessica just released a deep sigh trying to understand her sister’s behavior.

"You want to drink some wine?" she asked her again.

"I don't drink wine." Yuri answered shortly but in a calm way.

"Oh. Come on, Yuri... This event can happen only once in your lifetime, you can't taste it in the place like... in the place like... your place." They all stopped eating when they heard what she said. Yuri just looked down, she didn't want to fight back ‘cause she doesn't want to gain much attention to the people around.

 "Krys, please stop talking like that." Jess begs her sister to stop but she did not listen to her.

"What?! I'm just telling the truth... I'm really wondering why you invited some people that don’t fit in here." She said while staring at Yuri. All of them on the table stared at Krystal except Minho. He looked at Yuri who just keeps her head down. He knows any minute she will burst into tears. He can't stand to see her like that, he immediately stood up from his seat and make his way to Yuri. Minho grabs Yuri's hand which surprised them. He was about to tug her but Nichkhun stopped it by holding the other hand of Yuri which made them look back. Krystal stared at them with a pissed expression.

"Pfft. You're such a sly girl, Yuri! How can you fool two smart guys at the same time?! Are you really that desperate?! Even what you’ll do, even you’ll wore an expensive dress, even you’ll ride in a nice car, you can't change the fact that you do not FIT in our world. You're just nothing, Yuri... nothing!" Krystal shouted that made all the people on the party focused on them. Jessica looked at her sister with disappointment. Minho tightened his grip on Yuri and tugs her with a strong force that made Nichkhun loosen his grip. "Yuri, I told you before, I can make your life miserable!" Krystal shouted, trying to stop them but Minho continued tugging her out from that place. All of them are shocked for what they have witnessed especially Jessica who is now shedding tears looking at her sister with dismay, she can’t believe that Krystal can do things like that.

 

End of Chapter 22. I know it’s been a long time since I last updated, but here it is now. Thanks for waiting patiently.

Thanks for all of your support and comments. It means to me a lot. I assure you next chapter would be Minyul moments. Happy New Year to all. Hope this year will be MINYUL year.

you, thanks for reading. Don't forget to leave some comments and please subscribe if you haven't yet. Thanks again.. ^____^