When Two Different Worlds Collide

When Two Different Worlds Collide

Chapter 1. Remembering the past

Yuri was sitting on a stone bench near the beach.  Every time she wants to be alone she goes here. If she's here, she feels free. She can feel the fresh air touches her skin, she can hear the sound of the gentle breeze; she can see the rays of sunlight flashing through the clear waters. All these things remind her how happy her life back then.

7 years ago *flashback*

      "Umma, Appa!!! Come join us here!" Yuri shouts to her parents while waving both hands. The three are running towards the water and running back when the small waves are coming. They were really enjoying the scent of the beach especially Yuri, she really love beaches.

      Later on, their parents called them to eat. "Seohyunie, Yuri-ah, Yoong, food is ready". As they've heard the word food, the three made a race to the table.

      "Yippee, I came first again". No one can defeat Yuri from running, she really love sports.

     "Yah unnie, you're such a fast runner. We can't catch you. Can you please lose once?!" They all laughed after hearing that request of Seohyun.

      "Seohyunie you should eat that beans".

      "Unnie you know that I hate beans, why should I eat that?". She really hated beans ever since she started to eat.

      "But that's the secret of Yuri unnie why she runs that fast." Yoona fooled her little sister.

      "Chinja unnie?" She asks Yuri to confirm

       "Yeah, Seohyunie, Yoona unnie is right". Poor Seohyun she got fooled by her sisters. From that day Seohyun starts eating beans knowing that she can ran as fast as Yuri. 

      "Appa, make a promise that we will do this again".

      "Of course Yul, we will do this forever even when we are old, I promise" He kissed Yuri's forehead and hugged her tight. Yuri was very happy and contented with her life, having a complete family that's full of love is enough.

Yoona was combing Yuri's hair. She always doing that to her little sisters but today was a little different than usual. The way she combs Yuri's hair, it's like that there's no tomorrow. “Unnie when will you gonna finish brushing my hair? It looks okay”.

“Just let me okay, I’m gonna miss this.”

“Unnie there’s always tomorrow. You can brush my hair anytime you want.” She just smiled and continued on what she’s doing.

“Yuriah, always remember that you’re pretty inside and out. And do this also to Seohyunie I’m not always here to brush her hair.”

“What are you saying Unnie? You will always be here but I promise I’ll brush Seohyun’s hair when you’re not around because I love you both.” They hugged each other. They are really closed to each other and also to Seohyun. Even though they also fooled her, it’s also for her own good.

The next day

Today is Seohyun’s recital in piano. Yoona and their parents are on their way to the school. Yuri is already there because they are in the same school. She was waiting for them outside the venue until she receives the bad news, news that everyone’s afraid to hear. While on their way to the school, Yoona and their parents met an accident. One car lost its break that made a clashed on their car. She immediately went to the hospital to where they are brought. But unfortunately her parents did not make it. Yoona is still in the emergency room.

“Umma!!! Appa!!! Wake up… wake up, you can’t die.” Yuri is crying hard seeing her parents’ bodies lying with no life. Her world would seem to crash losing the two important people to her life.

 On the other hand Yoona survived the operation but the doctor said she has only 20 percent chance to live because her heart is weak. Yuri just stays positive and thinks although it’s only 20%, it’s still a chance.

Yuri is sitting on the couch while Seohyun’s head in her lap. “Y-yuriah” Yoona called in a soft voice. “Unnie?”

“Unnie!” They immediately run beside the bed hearing Yoona’s voice.

“Unnie, do you need something? Just tell us”.

She touches Seohyun’s hands and then Yuri’s face and said something. “Y-Yuriah… Take care of Seohyunie okay? ...And s--stay strong for her. I--I love you both” after saying that her hand immediately drops.

“Unnie?”

 “Unnie? Please don’t leave us… Unnieeeeeee!!!”

*End of flashback*

Remembering those things made Yuri’s tears fall down. “Unniee!!” She wipes her tears hearing Seohyun shout and cover it with a smile when she faces her. She needs to be strong for Seohyun. She doesn’t want her to feel bad and weak too.

“Unnie I’ve been looking for you everywhere. Auntie is looking for you, she’s really mad” Since they’ve lost their parents, they’re living in their aunt, their mother’s cousin. Even though they’re related in blood, she never treated them as family. They are not free; they’re paying for their food and shelter that’s why Yuri is really working hard. She’s working on a café in the morning and in a restaurant at night. She finished her high school but not gone to university instead finding lots of job to provide their needs and also for Seohyun’s schooling. Yes, Yuri sends her to school even though Seohyun insisted not to because it cost lots of money but Yuri did not let her. She wants her to be successful and will not experience this kind of life forever.

------------

Minho is presenting his proposal to his father, the president of the company before showing it to board. He is very nervous inside but looking smart outside. He needs to please his father so he should not show any sign of nervousness.

“So this is the end of my presentation.”

“You call this as presentation?! Is this what you will show to the board? Are you going to embarrass me??... Revise that and report on me tomorrow morning." His father said with dissapoinment.

“Yes president.” Minho never received any compliments from his father even when he’s young. Even he gives his 100 percent effort, he never appreciated it. Yes he’s rich but he never wants this kind of life, he just wants to be appreciated and be loved by his parents.

Because he’s really upset of what his father said, he went to a high class bar and drink to somehow forget all this pain. He called his friend to accompany him but his phone seems busy. He drunk and drunk until he’s the only one left in the bar.

“Excuse me sir, I’m sorry to interrupt you but… but we are now about to close and you are so drunk and ---” He made a strong glare to the guy and grab his shirt.

“Yah! How dare you stop me huh? I’m not drunk yet.” The other staff stopped Minho.

“Please Sir, we’re asking you to get out now before we called a police.”

“Don’t touch me!! Okay... Okay… I-I’ll go now, I’ll just find a better place than this stupid bar!” He just leaves and walks like the path is zigzag.

-----------

Yuri was waiting a bus going home when she feels an arm on top of her shoulders. Because she was shocked, she shouts and accidentally pushed the guy that made him fall to the ground. It’s Minho, because he’s hardly drunk, he just groans a little bit, stands up and walks toward his car. Yuri was still shocked and just watched him. But before he could open the car door, he falls again and slept to the ground. Yuri runs over him to help.

“Mister, are you okay?” she tries to poke him but he did not reply. She grabs the keys and helps him to sit inside the car. She finds his cell phone to contact somebody.

“Y-yoboseyo?”…

 

To be continued…..

 

Who do you think is on the other line??? Find out on chapter 2...

 

Hope you liked this chapter and continue reading. Thanks for the comments and for subscribing. ^_^

just imagine the images above looks younger.. ^_^