When Two Different Worlds Collide

When Two Different Worlds Collide

Chapter 20. It Hurts

Minho feels a little bit bored in his condo. It’s really different now without the presence of Yuri. He misses her laughs, her giggles, her voice, everything about her. Maybe just in a little while, he will be crazy for not seeing her face, so he decided to give her a call and ask her out.

*Phone conversation

“Yoboseyo?” Yuri said.

“Hi, Yuri. Just want to ask you if you’re free tonight… I want to have some dinner with you. Don’t worry, my treat.”

“Ahmm. I’m sorry Minho. I can’t go with you… I have lots of things to do right now”

“Oh. Really? It’s okay… Maybe tomorrow?”

“Tomorrow?... I can’t also. Even the next day or the day after that, I still can’t go… so please Minho, Stop bothering me. I still have more important things to do!” Minho is shocked to hear that.

“H-huh? I-I’m sorry for bothering you… I’ll hang up.”

“Thanks.” She then hangs up.

*End of Phone Conversation

Minho is confused about Yuri’s act, she seems different. ‘Did I bother you that much?’ He asked in his mind. He just gave no attention to it and thinks that maybe she’s just busy at work; maybe she needs time so he gave her time.

~After how many days

It’s been three days since the last conversation of him and Yuri. He did gave her time but he did not missed any day sending her text messages hoping that she would reply to it, from the time he wakes up, and before going to sleep, saying, good mornings, good nights, have a nice day, etc. With all those messages, he did not received any text from her, even once. He felt weird of what’s happening between them.

“Are you just busy or you’re just avoiding me?... But why?” He keeps on asking like Yuri is in front of him. He needs to get an answer so he tried to call her but she keeps on rejecting it and not so soon, the number is cannot be reached anymore.

“That’s what you want?! Fine!” He throws his phone and throws himself afterwards on his bed. He is pissed but later realized, he can’t stand being angry with her, without knowing any reasons. He got up on his bed and decided to go to her workplace and wait until she comes out from that building.

~At the office

Yuri feels really down since she had a talk with Krystal. She did not tell anybody, even Sooyoung. She also felt sad for ignoring Minho; his calls and text messages, it’s been three days but she needs to endure this all, for Seohyun. She is thinking so deeply that she didn’t know that Nichkhun is looking at her and wondering why she looks problematic these past few days.

“Yul?” Nichkhun approached her.

“Yes? Nichkhun, is there anything you want?”

“Ahmm, nothing. Are you not feeling well? You look so pale.” He said in concern.

“H-huh? No, I’m okay.” She forced to throw a smile.

“Okay… I believe you this time, but if you feel anything, you can go home and have a rest.”

“Ne… Thanks.” Her phone rings after that, it’s Minho again. She cancelled his call and turned it off so that he can’t contact her anymore. Nichkhun keeps looking at her suspiciously, it’s like there’s something bothers her in which bothers him also because he didn’t know what it is.

It’s already 4:30 and it’s time for Yuri’s time-out. She’s now on her way out of the building, but she stopped when she saw Minho leaning his back on his car, he did not see her. She needs to avoid him so she hurriedly walks on the opposite way but before she could hide herself, Minho already saw her.

“Yuri!” Minho shouts her name, jogging towards her. She just continued walking and pretended she hasn’t heard him but he catches her in no time.

“Yuri!” He grabs her arm lightly.

“Wohh… Minho, what are you doing here?” She keeps pretending.

“You haven’t heard me?—Ahmm, By the way, I just want to talk to you. Let’s have a snack or dinner together, my treat.” Minho offers happily. Yuri will surely felt guiltier for saying no to him again.

“Ahmm. I’m sorry, Minho, I can’t.”

“Oh… Still busy? When are you gonna be free?”

“Minho, please. I can’t go with you anymore. I’m already done my job.” It hurts her to say that but it’s much better to do it right now.

“Why? Tell me Yuri, why can’t you go with me? Why are you avoiding me?”

“I’m not avoiding you.”

“You’re not avoiding me? Then what do you call this?” Yuri looked away and just kept silent.

“Look at me Yuri, look at me straight into my eyes and tell me your reason!” He held her both arms and forcing her to look at him.

“Minho. Please, let me go.” She keeps on begging him and still avoiding his eyes because she can’t utter another lie if their eyes meet but he did not listen to her and still holding her. They both stopped when they heard a male voice from behind.

“Let go of her, Minho!” Nichkhun shouts. They both looked at him.

“Nichkhun.” Yuri mumbled when she recognized him.

“I said let go of her!” He pulled her closer to him.

“Please Khun, stay out of this. I just want to have a talk with Yuri.”

“Haven’t you heard? She don’t want to go with you so don’t force her.” He then faced her. “Let’s go, I’ll send you home.” He holds her hand and she followed him.

“Yuri.” He called her but she continued walking with Nichkhun. “Yuri!” He shouted for the last time but she already entered the car. Minho is really hurt. It seems like his heart is nailed with thousands of thorns, still confused why she keeps on avoiding him. “Did I do something wrong that could hurt you? Tell me, Yuri.” He keeps on asking.

~In the car with Nichkhun

Since she entered the car Yuri just kept silent and kept looking outside. Suddenly, her tears fell down on her cheeks. It hurts her that she can’t tell him the real reason. When she heard him calling her name, she wants to look back but she’s afraid she might ran back to him instead of running away.

Nichkhun takes a glance to her, he wants to comfort her but he didn’t know how to but he tried anyway.

“Yul, do you want to go somewhere? Somewhere far away from here? Yuri wipes her tears and looks at him.

“Can you?” She asked.

“Yeah… I know a beautiful place where you can shout what you feel.” Nichkhun took Yuri to his secret place, it’s a hill, a very silent place with the scent of fresh air and green grass, and it’s a very refreshing place. Yuri stood still on top of that hill and feel the air blowing to her skin. Nichkhun then stood beside her.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhh.” Nichkhun shouts and his voice echoed over the place which made Yuri stared at him confusingly. “Try it. Shout and release that pain, say what you want.” She moved forward and tried it too.

“Yahhh!--- How dare you took my sister’s scholarship?!... How dare you for telling me what to do?!... How dare you ruining my life?.” She started to shed some tears. “How dare you telling me to stay away from him?! How dare… you?!  She said the last phrase in a soft voice and released a deep sigh after that. Nichkhun looked at her in pain ‘cause he also feels what she felt.

“Yahhhh!--- You people… You don’t have rights to hurt Kwon Yuri!... Didn’t you know, every time you hurt her, it also hurts me…” He shouts so that he could somehow ease the pain in her heart even just a little. She looked at him and smiled to what he did, still shedding some tears.

They’ve been here for like thirty minutes already. They are sitting on the grass while watching the sunset. Suddenly, Nichkhun felt a weight on his shoulder which surprised him, Yuri leaned her head on him.

“Thanks Nichkhun for taking me here, for always being here.” Nichkhun smiled and very happy at this moment, wishing they would stay like this forever.

‘Yul, please let me enter your world, and I’ll make sure you’ll never regret.’ He said in his thoughts.

Yuri doesn’t feel to go home yet so they went to the park and took a seat on a bench.

“Are you sure you’re not hungry? It’s nearly dinner time.” He asked Yuri a million times but she keeps telling she don’t want to eat.

“I told you, I’m not hungry at all.”

“Okay, just wait for me here, I just want to buy food. I’m a little bit hungry.” Nichkhun smiled widely.

“You don’t need to stay with me. Go, eat your dinner.”

“No… Just wait for me here.” Nichkhun left to buy some food. After a few minutes, he came back holding 2 small paper bags. “Here.” He gave one to Yuri.

“What’s this?” She opened the bag. “Waffles?”

“Yeah, I really love waffles. Just eat one, it’s delicious.” Yuri ate one piece of it ‘cause she loves waffles too. “You know what? This food has significance on me.” Nichkhun started to share a story. She looked at him. “When I was young, I did have a fight with a girl because of this. It’s a free taste waffle and she took a lot of it so I told her to leave some for others too but it made her angry. We started to fight in front of the stall.” She is shocked to hear that. It has a possibility that she’s the girl he is talking about.

“Y-you had a fight with a girl?”

“I know, it’s not right at all… Not only that, I bumped into her and spilled her shake on her dress, she cried that made me panicked. I need to go that time so I told her to wait for me, but when I came back she’s not there anymore.” Yuri kept silent, it’s confirmed that he’s the guy from the past.

“You’re that rude guy?” Yuri said after a long time of being silent. Then he looked at her with a questionable expression. “I’m that girl, Nichkhun.” She added.

“H-huh? What do you mean you’re that girl?”

“I’m that girl you have fought with before… I know it’s hard to believe. I’m shocked too. You took a picture of me, right?”

“Y-yeah but I lost it… So you’re that girl? I can’t believe it, I’m so happy that it’s you.” Nichkhun hugs her happily while Yuri just smiles. She should be happy too to finally meet again that guy in the person of Nichkhun but why she can feel the opposite? It’s like there’s something wrong but don’t know what it is. Then she remembered something, something that Madam Shin told them.

*Flashback

Sooyoung asked Yuri to accompany her on a fortune teller. A friend of hers told her that most of the guesses of this fortune teller becomes true. Yuri insisted to just go by herself at first but Sooyoung keeps on begging her so she later said yes to her.

~At Fortune Teller’s Place

The place is so weird to look at for Yuri, there are lots of crystal balls displayed in a cabinet, different kinds of cards and weird paintings hanging on the walls. Yuri and Sooyoung are sitting on front of the table facing Kim Shin Young or much known as Madam Shin. She is currently reading Sooyoung’s fortune.

“You will be successful in your career… It will take long but you have to be patient… You will also be successful in love. You haven’t met him yet but something or someone will link you and him.”

“Really, Madam Shin? I will surely wait for that.” She said excitedly.

“How about you young lady? Do you want to know your fortune?” She asked Yuri.

“H-huh? No…” She said while shaking her head. “Honestly, I don’t believe in fortune telling."

“Yul… Why don’t you just try?... It will not harm you nor kill you.” Sooyoung convinced her. She cut the cards into three as what Sooyoung did earlier.

“According to the cards, In your young age, you already experienced lot of trials. Am I right?”

“Every person is experiencing things like that, even a child.” She told her.

“Yeah, you’re right… I will not focus on that… About love… You already met him years ago. Your first met is not that good because you had a fight with something…”

“O-M-G Yul… You had a fight with a boy before, right?” Sooyoung interrupted.

“So what? It was back then… He’s just nothing---“

“You’re wrong. He is something to you. He loves you but you will cause pain his heart.” Yuri smirked, she doesn’t believe to this kind of stuffs. She believes, they are the one who makes their own destiny and has a control of it.

*End of Flashback

Yuri shakes her head. She doesn’t want to believe this fortune telling thing, she keeps on denying that it doesn’t make any sense but there’s part of her saying that it’s somehow true which worries her. She didn’t told Nichkhun about this ‘cause she don’t want him to expect something from her, she’s not even sure yet about her feeling towards him.

 

End of Chapter 20. Sorry for the late update. It’s another hurtful chapter for MinYul but a chance for Nichkhun… How long will Nichkhun wait for her? How long will Yuri keep on avoiding Minho? And how long will Minho endure the pain? Let’s find out in the next chapters. Hope I satisfy you with the story.

you, thanks for reading. Don't forget to leave some comments and please subscribe if you haven't yet. Thanks again.. ^____^