When Two Different Worlds Collide

When Two Different Worlds Collide

Chapter 19. Life Is So Unfair

Donghae and Yuri decided to meet up after her work. They want to spend some time to talk what’s happening now in their own lives and also to bring back some happy memories when they were still young.

“Yul, I really can’t believe that it’s already you--- I mean, before you’re a girl who loves doing boy stuffs and loves to have a fight with them, but look at you now, you’ve turn into a beautiful princess—Ah no, you’ve turn into a goddess.” Donghae praised Yuri. He pointed out on how Yuri changed.

“Yah, Oppa! That’s too much but I’ll take that as compliment.” Yuri also point out the changes in him, physically. “Look at you also, oppa. There are lots of changes in you too. Before, you’re like a walking skeleton but now, you’re like carrying stones in your arms and body. Aren’t they heavy?” Yuri said jokingly.

“Aish, you changed physically but your attitude is still the same. I really worked hard to gain this, you know. I want to prove to you, that I’m not that walking stick anymore.”

“You should thank me then, for teasing you.” They both laugh bringing up those memories.

“By the way, what makes you busy right now?” Donghae asked.

“I’m working at 2pm studio right now, as personal secretary. Remember Sooyoung, a friend of mine in high school? She’s working there too. She’s the one who recommends me to that job. ”

“Oh, Sooyoung-ssi, the one who eats a lot but never gained any weight.”

“Yeah right—Seohyun and I also living with her.” Yuri added.

“Oh really? Ah, I missed Seohyun already, the next time we meet bring them with you.” Yuri agreed. “That Minho guy, is he your boyfriend?” Yuri is surprised to hear that.

“What?! Oppa! He’s not my boyfriend; he’s just a good friend of mine.” Donghae gives him an unsatisfied look.

“What’s with that look? I’m telling the truth.”

“Are you sure you’re just friends? I mean the way he treats and stares at you the last time we met, it’s different, he looks like he’s jealous.” Yuri then remembered Minho looks bothered after that and keeps on asking about Donghae all of a sudden.

‘Is Minho really got jealous with Donghae?’ Yuri asked in her mind.

“Yul? Are you listening to me?” Yuri then woke up from her thoughts.

“H-huh? Yeah, I just remembered something.” She made an excuse. “How about you oppa, is there someone that makes your heart beats faster?” She changes the topic by asking the same.

“Ahmm, right now?? No one, actually.” He confessed to Yuri that after Yoona died, it’s really hard for him to get into a relationship. He did have a relationship once but never worked out. As they were chatting to each other, someone approached Yuri which made Donghae dropped his jaw, eyes widened and made his heart beats like a thumping drum.

“Yuri?” The girl approached her.

“Whoa, Jessica-ssi.” Yuri said back when she recognized her.

“I’m right, it’s you. What are you doing here?”

“Ahmm. I’m here with my friend. We’ve not seen each other for a long time so we decided to hang out and have a chat.”

“Oh, I see.” Jessica looked at him. He immediately stood up and introduced himself.

“Ahmm. Hi, I’m Donghae, Yuri’s friend. May I know the name of the beautiful princes in front of me?” Donghae lend his hand. Jessica is giggling on what he has said and on his action while Yuri elbowed him to stop what he’s doing.

“I’m Jessica, some people call me Jess and for some, Sica.” She extended her arms to Donghae and they made a handshake.

“Your name really fits you.” He added which made her giggle again. She then faced Yuri.

“Your friend is a little bit funny… but cute.” Jessica praised him. His face turned into red hearing that, same with Yuri, she turned red not because she’s flattered but because she’s embarrassed on what he did.

“I’m sorry for that. Do you want to join us?” Yuri offered.

“Ahmm. I’d like to but I gotta go. Krystal is waiting for me at the hotel.”

“Oh. It’s okay, maybe next time.”

“Yeah. It’s nice to meet you here.” Then looked at Donghae who keeps on staring at her. “Nice to meet you too, Donghae… Bye.” She is about to go but she remembered something. “ Ahmm. By the way Yuri, I will be having a thanksgiving party next Sunday, for the opening of my boutique. It would be great if you could come.” Jessica handed her the invitation. “Bring your friend if want.” Pointing to Donghae. “And please, hand it to Nichkhun also. I don’t have enough time to give it personally.” Handed another invitation.

“Thanks. Don’t worry I’ll give it to him by tomorrow.” They waved goodbye and she then left the place.

“Yul, I now believe that angels do exist here on earth.”

“Aish. Oppa, stop that! You’re so embarrassing.”

“I can’t help it. And have you heard? I’m invited to her party too. You are going, right? Please Yul, please go to her party so that I can see her again.” He keeps on begging her.

“Oppa, I can’t promise you. I want to go too but I’m sure her sister will be there and don’t want to see her again.” Yuri can’t stand another time to see Krystal’s face and her bratty attitude.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What?!” Krystal raised her voice while having a conversation with her sister. She told her that she invited Yuri and her friend on her party which pissed her off. “You invited that crap?! And you invited her friend that you have just met?! Unni, who knows, he’s a criminal or a con.”

“Krys! I don’t like the way you judge people. You didn’t even saw him. Mother never taught us to be like that. Yuri is a nice person, I can see that and I don’t think her friend, Donghae, is as bad as what you have thought.” Jessica defended them because Krystal seems overreacting.

“Whatever, Unni. Do what you want but I already gave you a warning. If your party will be ruined, it’s all because of them.” Krystal walked out and left her.

“Tsk. Mom, I don’t know what to do with her anymore. If only you are only here, I know she will not be like this.” Jessica is really disappointed on her sister’s act and hoped she will not do something that could harm somebody and also herself.

Krystal left her sister and stamps her feet going outside the hotel. While waiting for her driver, a girl kid, age for about 7 years old, came to her and asks for an autograph.

“Annyeonghasseyo, unnie. Could you please sign on my pink notebook?” The cute girl asked.

“Oh, hello little girl. I’d love to sign in your cute notebook.” Krystal’s anger faded away when she sees the little kid. “What’s your name?”

“Yuri—Choi Yuri.” Krystal’s ears seems bleeding hearing that name and the worst is, it’s the surname as Minho’s.

“Choi Yuri?” She confirmed and the girl nodded. She signed the notebook and returned it to her. “Tell your mom, she should change your name. Yuri is the ugliest name that a child could have. Arasso?!” She said to the kid which frightened her and made her burst into tears. Krystal panicked so she immediately gets inside her car while the kid runs to her mother, still crying.

“Eomma! Eomma! Krystal unnie said you should change my name because Yuri is the ugliest name.” The kid said to her mom innocently and keeps sobbing.

“What? She said that to you? Well, don’t listen to her then. She’s a liar, even if you ask other people they will say your name is as beautiful as you are.” Her mother stops her from crying. “Aish, why did she say that to a kid?”

“Eomma, I don’t like her anymore. She’s a bad girl.” The girl said, she tore the paper with Krystal’s autograph and throws it in the garbage can.

“Why do I always hear her name wherever I go?” Krystal complained. “Arghh! I hate that name… I hate her… I hate everything about her.” She said in a loud voice. She decided to call her and meet her to start her plans.

*Phone Conversation

“Yoboseyo?” Yuri said on the other line

“Hello, Yuri. It’s Krystal. Meet me at SoShi Café right now. I have something important to tell you.”

“What’s that about?”

“Just go, if you want to know. You better show off, if not, you will regret this forever.” She gave an early warning and then hangs up her phone.

*End of Phone Conversation

“Watch me Kwon Yuri; watch me on how I’m going to ruin your life.” Krystal mumbled while smiling evilly.

~ At SoShi Café

“What is it are you going to tell me?” Yuri asked as she arrived on the café.

“Just relax, Yuri. I will tell you everything.” Krystal looked at her intensely, same with Yuri. It seems like there are lightning flashing between their eyes. “I told you before, don’t get closer to Minho but it seems you forget about that.”

“What are you trying to say?” Yuri asked to just tell what she’s trying to point out.

“Send my sorry to your dear sister, for losing her scholarship? I know it’s hard for her to accept it.” Yuri is still confused. “Haven’t I told you my uncle, Jung Yunho, is the owner of SM University? Thanks to him for helping me get rid of that scholarship.” Yuri eyes widened when she finally processed all the data in her mind.

“So you’re the one behind why my sister lost her scholarship?” Yuri likes to cry but she’s holding back her tears, she doesn’t want to show Krystal how weak she is.

“Yeah… Surprise? That’s not the only thing I could do… I can also do things much worse than that… to you or maybe to your sister.”

“Don’t you ever do anything that could hurt my sister. It’s just between the two of us so leave her alone… Tell me what I am going to do, and I will do it.”

“Well, my wish is just simple… Stay… Away… from Minho. Who’s more important to you? Minho or Seohyun? You have a choice.”

“Okay, I’ll stay away from him but keep your promise to leave my sister alone.”

“Sure. I’m very easy to talk to.” Yuri’s phone then rings. It’s Minho who’s calling her and she hesitates if she’s going to answer it or not.

“Who’s that calling? Minho?—Why don’t you answer it? Start your job right now.” Krystal commanded her.

“Yoboseyo?”

“Ahmm. I’m sorry Minho. I can’t go with you… I have lots of things to do right now.”

“Tomorrow?... I can’t also. Even the next day or the day after that, I still can’t go… so please Minho, Stop bothering me. I still have more important things to do!”

“Thanks.” She then hangs up.

“Good job. Keep it up.” She praised her but Yuri just staring at her strongly.

“If you have nothing to say anymore, I’m going.” She stood up and about to leave but Krystal said a reminder before she could go.

“Wait. Remember this Kwon Yuri… You and Minho, you are both living in two different worlds… and that world could never be one. Keep that in mind.”

“Don’t worry, I already know about that.” She replied firmly and walked out from the café. She really looks strong but deep inside her heart is crushed into pieces. As she walks far away from that place, she can’t handle her emotions anymore and started to cry. It hurts her to lie to Minho but she have to. She wants to be beside him forever but she can’t. She just wants to be happy but there are lots of people hinder her to be. Before, she thought life is just fair but now she began to doubt it because she now feels how bitter this world is. And she then realized that Minho is right…

“Life is so unfair.” Yuri uttered.

 

End of Chapter 19. This chapter is so painful. Krystal is now starting to separate Yuri and Minho by threatening her so Yuri doesn’t have any choice but to stay away from him. What will happen to them now? Is their love will end here or they will going to fight for it? Find out on the next chapters… ^____^

you, thanks for reading. Don't forget to leave some comments and please subscribe if you haven't yet. Thanks again.. ^____^