When Two Different Worlds Collide

When Two Different Worlds Collide

Chapter 10 He’s a Nice Guy

Nichkhun called a meeting with all his employees to introduce Yuri to them. It’s her first day of job and she’s a little bit nervous because it’s a new kind of job and environment for her. Nichkhun is standing on front of them and Yuri is beside him.

“Good morning to all of you”

“Good morning Sir”

“I called a meeting today to introduce a new member in our team. She’s my personal secretary.” They became noisy and surprised because they know that he never have a secretary ever since this company started, even Sooyoung was shocked because Yuri didn’t told her about this but she still happy for her though

“Ms. Kwon, please introduce your self.” She stood in front of them.

“Annyeonghasseyo, I’m Kwon Yuri. I’m looking forward to work with you guys. Please take care of me.”

“Welcome Yuri” The employees said in chorus.

“Thank you” They all gave a handshake to Yuri and welcomed her.

“Welcome to the company, Yul. I’m so happy for you.” Sooyoung congratulated her and hugged her tight.

“Thanks to you, Soo”

“Okay, you can go back to work now guys.”

“Yes, Sir”

“Yul, you have to come with me this afternoon. We’ll going to meet a model from New York. She’s a friend of mine.”

“Neh”

--------------

A lot of reporters waiting outside the airport because today is the arrival of the famous Korean Model from New York.

Krystal is very happy to be back in her hometown, Seoul, South Korea. It’s been two years since she left this country for her job in New York so she really missed it a lot. She just arrived in the airport with her sister, Jessica Jung. When she got out from the airport, the reporters asked her a lot of questions and some are taking pictures of her but the bodyguards blocked them then she proceeded immediately to her mini van.

“It’s good to be back in here” Jessica uttered.

“You’re right Unnie, New York is nice but Korea is still the best for me”

“Ahmm, Unnie I’m going to meet an old friend today. Want to come with me?”

“No. I’m a little bit tired so I’m going to stay at the hotel and relax.”

“Okay”

----------

Nichkhun and Yuri are on their way to the restaurant where they should meet a model and a friend of him, which is Krystal Jung. Nichkhun, Minho, and Krystal are in one circle of friends, before she and Minho became lovers. They were really shocked when they broke up because they thought that they are perfect to each other.

 Yuri is just silent until they arrive at the place. They are now seated on a table that he reserved and wait for that person. Nichkhun noticed that she’s a little bit uncomfortable.

“Ahmm. Are you okay with your job?”

“Yes. It’s new to me but I know I will be used to it.”

“That’s good. By the way, we’ll going to meet Krystal Jung, the model from New York. Do you know her?” Yuri’s eyes widened when she hears the name Krystal. She dreamed to see Krystal in person but not as much as Sooyoung. She really admires her.

“O-of course I know her. We’re a fan actually.” After she said that, the girl they’re talking about arrives.

“Nichkhun Oppa!” Krystal called him.

“Krys! It’s been a long time” Nichkhun goes towards her and give her a hug. Yuri just stood up.

“How have you been?”

“Well, it feels great to be back here.” When they reached the table, Krystal noticed the girl beside Nichkhun’s chair. Yuri takes a bow and Krystal looks at Nichkhun like she’s asking who she is.

“Ahmm. By the way, this is Yul, my personal secretary.”

“Secretary? Since when?”Krystal was shocked.

“Oh never mind, what’s your name again?”

“Yuri, you can call me Yul… for short”

“Oh… Yul, I’m very sorry I overreacted. I’m just surprised… Nichkhun never had a secretary before because he didn’t like to have one unless--.”

“Hey. Are we going to talk about me?” Nichkhun cut Krystal’s words before she could say something.

“So let’s talk about the project” Krystal and Nichkhun talked about the photo shoot they’re going to do for a magazine. Krystal wants him to be his photographer because she knows how good Nichkhun is in holding a camera. Yuri just listens to them and took down notes of some important details.

After a few minutes of talking about work and some personal things both parties waved goodbye. Krystal goes first before them.

“Okay… where am I going to send you?”

“H-huh?... It’s okay Sir, I’ll just take a bus.”

“No. I’ll send you home.” Nichkhun opens the front seat.

“Get in. Whether you like it or not I’ll send you home.” Yuri doesn’t have any choice. His decision is fixed.

When on their way to her apartment, it’s really quiet and awkward moment for the two of them so Nichkhun speaks up first by asking a question.

“So you’re living with Sooyoung?”

“Yes, Sir.”

“Ahmm…Can I ask you a favor?”

“Of course.” Yuri answered sparingly.

“Can you not be too formal in front of me? Just call me in my name or just Khun for short. Don’t treat me like your boss, think of me as your friend instead. Can you do that?”

“Y-yes, Si--, Nichkhun” They shared a smile to each other. Yuri feels more comfortable with him. Sooyoung’s right that he’s really a likeable and nice person. Nichkhun noticed the bracelet that she’s wearing.

“It’s a nice bracelet that you’re wearing”

“Oh… A friend gave this to me” She remembers the scene where Minho wears this to her hand. Her heart beats so fast, she don’t know what to react naturally at that time. Flashing those memories in her mind made her smile.

“Seems like he’s a special friend because it made you smile.”

“Sort of?”

“So it’s a guy. Is he your special someone?”

“Huh? N-no… We’re just friends, nothing more than that. I don’t have any special guy in my heart”

“Good then.” Nichkhun blurted out that made Yuri shocked.

“Excuse me?”

“I mean, it’s good to have a guy friend like that.”

“Oh… You can stop right here. I could take a walk.”

“No. I told you I’m going to send you to your home… So I’m going to turn right?”

“Yeah” They still not reach the house when Yuri’s phone rings. She picked up her phone and the caller ID says Stupid Minho. She forgot that she needs to go to Minho’s place today.

“Excuse me I need to answer this”

*Phone Conversation

“Hello?”

“Yah! Why did you not answering your phone?”

“I’m sorry, I didn’t noticed it, I’m in the meeting earlier”

“And you forgot to come to my place today? It’ll add 3 days more before you could get your locket so all in all 9 days more.”

“What!” Yuri raised her voice accidentally that makes Nichkhun looked at her. She just bowed her head and smiled, then turns her head away from him.

“That’s too much!” She said in a lower voice so that Nichkhun could not hear.

“That’s your punishment”

“Fine!” She replied and immediately turned off her phone.

*End of Conversation

“Who’s that?”

“My friend, she says she’s pregnant that’s why I reacted like that.”

“Oh… I see” after a few minutes they finally reached her place. Yuri got out from the car as well as Nichkhun.

“I want to invite you inside but I’m afraid we don’t have any drinks to offer.”

“It’s okay. It’s a little bit late also. Maybe next time, if you already have drinks to offer” Nichkhun said jokingly which made Yuri laughed.

“Thank you for sending me home. See you tomorrow, Nichkhun”

“It’s been a pleasure” Nichkhun bowed like he’s bowing to a princess. Yuri smiled and also bowed to him and finally waved goodbye to each other.

--------

Sooyoung and Seohyun have just finished their dinner. Sooyoung is washing the dishes and Seohyun wiping the table.

“Soo unni, Yuri unni is working with you right why she’s not home yet?”

“Our boss brought her to a business meeting today. I think it’s a new client.”

“Ahh… I see”

“Seo, continue this for a while, I’ll just throw this garbage outside.”

“Okay unni.” Sooyoung throws the garbage outside and when she was about to put the garbage near the post, she saw Yuri talking with someone. And she was shocked when he recognized who it was.

“Omo… Nichkhun-ssi?” She saw Nichkhun bowed to Yuri like a servant bowing to a royal highness and waved goodbye to each other. When she saw Yuri going downstairs, she hid herself behind the post.

When Yuri steps on the last stair Sooyoung jumped in front of her and shouts her name.

“Yul!” Soo shouted to her that made her frightened. Yuri puts her both hands in front of her chest with her eyes widened.

“Oh My!... Soo! You scared me!” She hit Sooyoung in her arms.

“Ouch, that hurts!”… “Yah! That is Nichkhun-ssi sent you home a while ago, isn’t it?”

“You saw it?”

“U-huh! Why is he bowing at you like you’re a princess?”

“Yah! He is just joking with me around.” Sooyoung gave her a glare.

“Is there something happening between you two that I didn’t know?” Sooyoung teased Yuri and asking her with curiosity.

“Choi Sooyoung! What are thinking? He just sends me home that’s all. I told him not to but he insisted and like you said, he is really determined if he says something.”

“Okay, if you say so..” Sooyoung said but not really convinced and a seconds later she speaks again.

“But really, as we all know Sir Nichkhun never let any girl rides in his car and sends her home except for her mother and sister of course.”

“Stop it Soo, I’m her secretary that’s why he let me ride it.”

“Speaking of that, all of us know that he never had a secretary before and there are lots of women applied there to be his secretary but he rejected it all because he said he doesn’t need any and he doesn’t like it.”

“So? I admit he is a nice guy, but what are you trying to say there’s happening between us? For God’s sake Soo, he is our boss.” Yuri said in an annoying tone.

“No, I’m just—I’m just thinking maybe he likes you”

“Ahh. Stop talking none sense Soo. Let’s just go inside, I’m tired and we should go to work earlier tomorrow.”

“Earlier? Why?”

“We will be having a meeting tomorrow regarding to our new project. And guess who we are going to work with.” Yuri tries to shift Sooyoung’s attention so that she will stop talking about Nichkhun liking her.

“Uhmm. Can you give a clue?”

“She’s a famous model from New York. A Korean model to be exact and you really want to see her in person because you admire her. Is that enough for a clue?” Yuri said smiling to her.

“O-M-G… Krystal Jung?” She said in disbelief and Yuri nodded.

“I can’t believe it. I can finally meet her.” Sooyoung jumped with joy while they are heading inside the apartment. She’s really a big fan of Krystal Jung because of the way she dresses, she love her fashion.

 

End of chapter 10. How is it You? Krystal is already went back to Korea and plus, Yuri met her in person. And Yuri feels more comfortable now with Nichkhun. What will happen to them? Find out for the next chapters. Don’t forget to leave some comments and please subscribe if you haven’t yet. ^__^