Chapter 18

Behind the Mask

“Min!  I want to go to the beach!  Say you’ll go with me this weekend?  Baekhyun and Tao can come too!” Minzy pleaded.

“I would, but I have plans with Baekhyun this Saturday,” Minji said.

“How about a day trip?” Baekhyun suggested.  “Actually, today is Thursday, so if we could get everything together quickly, we could head down tonight and spend tomorrow there.  When do you have to work?”  Baekhyun asked Minji.

“I’m off from Friday until Sunday.  I could see if my manager would let me have tonight off.  I’ll go call him.”  Minji left the room to do just that, returning moments later with a smile on her face.  “He said I’ve been doing so well, he doesn’t mind at all.”

“Yay!”  Minzy jumped up from the table.  “We need to start packing NOW!  Do you have you’re swimming suit?  No?  Let’s go shopping!”

The word shopping gave Minji an idea.  “Baekhyun?  Why don’t we invite Pilsuk and her friend to come with us?  Do you think she would like that?”

Baekhyun laughed.  “The beach is probably what she loves most, after shopping of course.  I’m sure she’d love to come with us.”

“We’ll handle the travel arrangements and hotel.  You two, go get your shopping done.”  Tao said.  “We’ll be ready to leave when you get back.”

*               *               *

“Try on this one!” Minzy shoved a skimpy, bright red swimsuit at Minji. 

“Z, there is nothing on that hanger to try on!”

“I’m sorry,” Minzy said sarcastically, “I forgot, where are we going?  Oh yeah.  To the beach.  With two hot guys, one of whom you-”

“Stop!  If you don’t finish that sentence, I’ll try it on.  Give it to me.”  Minji snatched the hanger from her friend. 

Minzy grinned.  “What sentence?”

Minji rolled her eyes and closed the dressing room door.  When she stepped out, Minzy’s eyes widened.  The bottom fit fine, but the top barely had enough fabric to cover her chest.

“Wow, Min, you uh. . . you probably shouldn’t wear that one.” 

Minji laughed.  “Told you so.  Now will you let me pick out my own swimsuit?”

“On two conditions,” Minzy said, holding up two fingers.  “It has to be in two pieces.”

“Yes, your highness.”  Minji made an elegant bow, then went back into the dressing room.

*               *               *

“Wow, this place is amazing!  How did you two arrange this?” Minzy asked Tao in the hotel lobby.  “It looks waaaaay to expensive!”

“My family owns this place,” said a male voice.  The girls turned around to see a handsome young man walking up with two girls in tow, one of them being Pilsuk.

 “Unnie!” Pilsuk shouted excitedly, waving.

“Pilsuk!” she waved back.  “This must be your friend Eunhee and.  . .” she trailed off expectantly.

“Luhan, Eunhee’s brother,” the young man supplied, reaching out his hand in greeting.  “I take it you are the famous Minji?”  He smiled.

“I don’t know about the famous part, but I am Minji.  Pleased to meet you.”  She then introduced Minzy to the group. 

“What do you say we go get settled into our rooms before we go for a swim?” Luhan suggested. 

Everyone agreed and Eunhee led the way.  Eunhee was very poised for a girl her age.  The contrast between her and Pilsuk reminded Minji of herself and Minzy.  Minzy had always been very outgoing and excitable, just like Pilsuk.  Minji had been the calm one, the anchor, if you will.  When they reached the room, Eunhee unlocked the door and motioned for the girls to enter.

“We’re just one door down, if you girls need anything,” Luhan offered.  “Anything at all.”

Pilsuk gazed after him with starry eyes until her daydreams were interrupted but the sound of giggling from inside their room. 

“Min, have you ever seen anything like this?!  This room is incredible!  There are two bedrooms, a living room, bathroom, kitchen, dining room.  .  . It’s like a house!” Minzy gushed. 

“Thank you, Eunhee,” Minji said.  “Your family is very kind to let us stay here.”

“Not at all,” Eunhee said, blushing graciously.  She then gave them the grand tour.  It was decided that Minji and Minzy would share one room, and the other two would sleep in the second room.   When they were through settling in, it was time to get ready to go for a swim.

Everyone quickly changed into their suits.  Eunhee’s was a dark blue one piece suit.  It made her black hair, which she had pulled into a ponytail, appear almost blue as well.  Pilsuk’s suit was also a one piece.  It was dark green and showed off her blossoming figure.  Dear Luhan, Minji smiled inwardly, this suit was obviously picked out to impress you. 

Minzy wore a strapless black bikini.  There was no doubt that she would be receiving envious stares.   Minji’s was a bright pink two piece suit.  The top tied behind her neck and the bottom looked like more of a skirt.  The effect was very attractive and feminine.

“You two look amazing!” Minji complimented the two younger girls.

Minzy pouted playfully.  “You two look so good, Tao won’t even notice me.”

“Of course he will, Z Unnie!”  Pilsuk argued.  “Besides, it is your mission to keep him away from Minji Unnie!  She is my future sister, after all!”

Minzy saluted.  “Aye aye, captain!  I will do my best!”

Watching this ridiculous exchange, Minji and Eunhee shared a glance between them that spoke volumes.  Ah, a kindred spirit, Minji thought.  A knock sounded at the door.

“The boys are here! ” Pilsuk shrieked, raking her fingers anxiously through her hair to straighten it.  She took a deep breath, then released it and smiled demurely and went to open the door.

 


Aaaaahh!  I wish I had more time to write.  I will try to update again tonight, if I can.  I wonder what is going to happen?  ^o^