A Bad Sign

An Unforgettable Visit

The driver stopped the car in front of the narrow street, that car wasn’t small enough to pass trough of it. So Myungsoo made a decision to walk to go his grandmother’s house. He grabbed his travel bag from baggage and told his driver to go home, because he could find the way to the house himself.

“Are you sure, master? I can walk you.”

“Sure, don’t worry. Just go home, it’s almost night, ahjussi.” He said as passed his driver.

He kept silent in his way, looking around to some houses, simple houses all along the street. It was so different from his place. It was the real outskirt of South Korea. It was village at all. There were many simple houses, many plantations, and some ranches. He didn’t think so there was an internet connection.

Strangely, he saw a shadow passing his way. He felt chilling, and walked hurriedly going to his grandmother’s house.

“It’s too funny to think that it’s a ghost. Gezz. There’s no ghost like that though.” He mumbled rubbing his neck cutely.

Finally, with a grin plastered on his lips, he was in front of his granny’s house now. But there was nothing light.

“Is halmoni already asleep?” he asked himself, and opened the low wooden gate.

He knocked the door, but there was still no respond until he felt tired. Sadly, he sat on the bench beside the house, lying down staring at the beautiful night sky.

It’s rare seeing the sky like that in Seoul, because the sky was polluted by smoke and other things, different in here, the atmosphere was really clean. There were many light stars and one moon that was brightly shooting the earth.

“Yah, are you a thief?”” shouted someone approached Myungsoo. And it made him startled seeing his body that’s more muscular than him. It was no good signal at all.

“Pardon me?”

“You! Why are you here?” he asked him again curiously.

“I visit my grandmother, but it seems she isn’t at home.”

“So, you’re grandson of Kim halmoni?” he took a glance at him, examining his face closely, he was sure what that guy said was true, “Don’t you know that Kim halmoni go to Incheon to visit her daughter-in-law this morning.” He explained him.

“Really? Aish, I don’t know about it though, my parents didn’t tell me yet. Until when does she come back?”

“I don’t know, maybe after summer holiday.” Myungsoo was dumbfounded, didn’t get it.

“I guess you don’t have the key right?” Myungsoo only nodded like a kid with a clueless face.

“Wait a minute, I will take it for you. Kim halmoni always entrusts the key in my house in some cases.” The guy run, didn’t give a chance fro Myungsoo to answer him first.

“Here you go.” The guy handed in the key to Myungsoo, “I’m Lee Hoya anyway.”

“I’m Kim Myungsoo then.” He extended his hand, and Hoya accepted it pleasantly.

“Just go to my house if you need something. My house is after two houses from here.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The birds were singing happily on the tree, it began making some sound to wake anyone.

Myungsoo didn’t get used to hearing it, especially in this early morning.

“Aish.” He grunted rubbing his small eyes lazily, he got up from the bed and headed to the bathroom. There was no bath up, even shower, only big basin and closet at all. He sighed regretting the fact that he would have a bad holiday in his life ever.

After taking a bath, he took a plain shirt and jeans and wore it, he pressed number 1 on his screen’s phone, dialing his house’s phone number.

“Yoboseyo, eomma.” He whined cutely, “What was I going to do here? Halmoni isn’t at home, she is in Incheon to visit auntie’s house. Can you send the driver to pick me up? There is nothing to do, since there is no one here. I prefer spend my time at home then.”

Her mother chuckled silently listening to his son’s complaint. Actually she was one of the masterminds of this plan.

“Don’t worry aegi, you never spend your holiday in such as that place right? It can make your mind refreshed.”

“Frustrated at all.”

“No, you will have something fine there. Eomma will call halmoni to go home earlier.”

“But I don’t have a friend or anyone else I know here. They are strangers for me.”

His mother grabbed a plastic bag and rubbed it incoherently making some noises.

“Oh My.. aegi, eomma has to hung up, the signal isn’t good.”

Myungsoo sighed hard. He couldn’t believe that he would live there all alone. But he remembered of the guy named Hoya and smiled, not alone at all.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

The sun was rising brightly to make anything warm, Myungsoo walked to Hoya’s house. He wanted to meet him since he didn’t anything to do.. yet…

After passing 2 houses, he saw a big house, but not really big as him. It was still the biggest and the best rather than other houses there.

“It must be.” He though, “excuse, Mam. Is this really Hoya’s house?” he made an excuse approached a woman as same age as his mother.

“Yes, are you his friend? Do you want to meet him?”

“If I can..” he smiled to her.

“YA.. HOWON-AH. There is handsome guy want to meet you.” The woman shouted loudly didn’t stop tidying some oranges in the box.

“Just come in.”

“Ye, ahjumoni.” He slowly walked into the guestroom. There was no one yet there, he sat on the sofa.

A several second, a girl who wore a T-shirt and short came out from a room, she didn’t realize that there was a guess, until Myungsoo cleared his throat.

“Oh, jwesonghamnida. Anyone you want to meet?” she bowed at him politely.

“Oh, Myungsoo-ssi. I’m sorry, I just am finished taking a bath.”

“Sorry. I take you as Hoya oppa’s friend.” She left the room and went out.

Myungsoo only was quiet didn’t say anything until the girl left.

“Welcome in our house.” Hoya sat beside him, “what’s make you here? There is any problem?”

“I’m here because there is nothing to do in halmoni’s house. Am I disturbing you?”

“Not at all.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

-To Be Continued-

April 6th, 2012

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      

A/N:

Update!YAY! You and Myungsoo met. LOL

Thanks to my subscriber and my readers who leave comments that make me excited to write this chapter..

I think this story is boring right? Mianhae.,, ><

Any idea? ^^

Don’t forget to subscribe and drop a comment, even though it’s only word “hi” or smile sign. I really appreciate it though… ^^

 

-WinterJasmine-