Painting

Snow Feather

The two spy partners dressed in black silent slipped through the hallway. They had to hide several times to avoid being seen by the security guards, but other than that, everything went rather smoothly. After looking in countless rooms, they arrived in one with a beautiful painting of an angel.

They could both understand why it would be so precious.

It was painted with oil paint, but the surface was smooth and flawless. The angel inside had its wings spread open, the feathers looked so realistic that it seemed to pop out. The harp the angel is playing looked like a masterpiece by a skilled sculptor. The angel had a peaceful smile on while her dressed flowed gracefully around her, and her hair seemed as if stirred by a gentle breeze.

The two partners were speechless when they first saw it. They just stared with their mouth slightly agape until Myungsoo remembered they should be doing something else. He looked over at his partner, who was looking at the painting with a weird expression.

"Are you okay?" Myungsoo whispered.

"Hmm? Yeah... I'm fine. Just kind of homesick when I look at the painting." the newer spy said.

"Homesick? Why?"

"It kind of gives off a motherly vibe, so yeah." Sungyeol shrugged and went to disable the security system. His partner voluntarily went to watch the door.

After what seems like forever, Sungyeol still wasn't done taking down the alarms.

"What's wrong?" Myungsoo asked in a low voice.

"Ive never seen a system like this before." Sungyeol looked troubled as he examined some wires in the wall. "Come and see."

Myungsoo quietly ran across the room and peeked at the wires with his partner. He was right, Myungsoo has never seem it like this either.

Usually, in a security circuit, the wires would be a different size, or have a specific pattern on them to identify what they do, but not this time. The wires all look exactly the same and were even running the same way. Clipping the wrong one could lead to the alarm sounding. It must have been a master who designed this.

The two partners gave each other a nervous look. "What do we do?" Sungyeol asked.

"I don't know..." Myungyeol went back to the door. "Should we risk it?"

Sungyeol looked back at the painting, which was surrounded by invisible laser lines, and sighed. "This painting shouldn't even be here."

Myungsoo gave him a questioning look and he continued, "It's probably priceless. Why would it be here? I bet it was robbed from someone else."

"Well, aren't we robbing it?"

"Yeah, but we're going to return it right?" Sungyeol said. His partner shrugged and turned his attention back to the hallway.

Sungyeol stared at the wires a while longer, then sighed in defeat. "The only chance we have is to gamble. There are twelve lines, which one should we cut? Maybe all of it? Its probably going to sound anyway."

"I guess that's the only way." Myungsoo left his post by the door to join his partner at the hole in the wall.

"Okay. One... two... three." He snipped five wires at once, and an ear piercing alarm sounded. Sungyeol calmly went on to cut the other wires while Myungsoo went to take the painting.

Many pairs of footsteps echoed down the hallway and began to get closer. Sungyeol went to help Myungsoo with the painting... at least that's what Myungsoo thought he was going to do. Instead, he put on a inflatable jacket on Myungsoo that was already blown up and then tied a rope to it.

"What are you--?" before he was finished talking, he was shoved out the window.  A split second later, the night guard came running in.

Myungsoo lowered himself to the ground, trying not to hit his head against the wall as he swung, and waited for Sungyeol to follow him down.

He didn't.

- - - - -
As you can probably tell, I have no idea about circuits or alarm systems =v= Sorry it's a short chapter, but I'm trying to go with a plan : )