Leaving

Snow Feather

Myungsoo slowly walked down the street, trying to stall time before he had to face the other boy again. He hesitantly pushed the door to his room open, in a deep breath before doing so. To his surprise, the room was empty. Myungsoo scanned the room, his eyes searching for the other tall boy. He was nowhere to be seen. A note on the table catches Myungsoo's attention. He walked over and picked it up.

 

I'm going to the park.
                                   Sungyeol.


Sighing, Myungsoo wondered what to do. Pacing a few circles in his room, he decided to go find him and tell him the truth. Myungsoo locked the door behind him and headed towards the park. Just like the note had said, Sungyeol was sitting on one of the swings at the playground located in the park.

Myungsoo stared in amazement at how much his spy partner looked like an Angel at that moment. The way the light hit his dark hair and eyelashes. The way the wind softly blew at his clothing. The graceful way he seemed to move about.

Looking down, Sungyeol didn't even notice Myungsoo's presence until he was standing right in front of him. Sungyeol slowly lifted his head and met the other boy's eyes. A small smile formed on his lips, it was all he could do. He was sure that his partner was still mad and probably even hated him.

"Hi," Sungyeol said. Myungsoo just stared at him without saying anything. "So... why are you here?"

Silence.

"I really am sorry, Myungsoo. I didn't mean for it to happen like this, but I really do want to make you happy. I don't care if I get my wish or not." Sungyeol said.

Myungsoo still refused to answer. It wasn't because he was mad, it was because he didn't know what to say. The words just wouldn't form properly in his mind. He knew that if he told Sungyeol he was happy, Sungyeol would leave. The only one he got along with for such a long time would just disappear just like that. Myungsoo didn't want that to happen, he wanted Sungyeol to stay. However, he knew that their relationship would never be the same if he didn't clear this up.

Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol, who was staring at him with pleading eyes.
 

"I'll tell you the story about an Angel and a human boy."

"So you're really doing this for me, huh?" Myungsoo said sarcastically. No, he though, it's not suppose to come out like this!

"The was once an Angel, who was sent down to Earth on a... test."

"Yes, I am. Please, Myungsoo, don't get the wrong idea. The way I told it to you was a bad explanation. Please don't be mad..." Sungyeol pleaded.

"A test to become a full Angel."

Myungsoo bit his bottom lip, not wanting his next sentence to come out sounding mean again. However, before he could filter it, it came out. "You just want your wish."

"His mission was to make a human happy."

"No, I really don't care about that! If you're happy, I'm willing to not get anything in return." Sungyeol said, sincerely.

"He would pass the test as long as the human admits that they are happy."


"Then why are you willing to do this?"

"Well, the newbie Angel was excited and nervous when he heard the news for his 'promotion'."

Sungyeol laughed lightly. "You know, I was confused at first too. I didn't know myself, so it's understandable that you're confused. I did some research on it, you know. Heave you read any fantasy books about Angels before?" Myungsoo nodded. "You know those typical plots about the Angel falling in love with the human they're sent to protect? Well, I guess it happens in real life too."

"He was sent to a human who was extremely introverted and cold."

Myungsoo stared at him, speechless. It was so shocking to hear something like that so suddenly. What Sungyeol just said... Did he just...? Then what about me? Do I...?

"At first, he almost gave up."


"Sorry... Am I making this worse? Just ignore what I said then." Sungyeol glued his head to his chest again, not looking up at Myungsoo. Myungsoo just continued to stare wordlessly at his partner, not knowing what to say.

"However, after learning a bit more about his human,"

Suddenly, Myungsoo walked forward and pulled his partner into a hug. He hung onto him tightly and tried to memorize as many things about Sungyeol as possible. Myungsoo knew that after he says that next few words, he would probably never see him again. "Thank you, Sungyeol. After all this time, I only just realized all the things you've done for me. I didn't notice earlier, but I really have been getting happier. I'm sorry for being so mean towards you til now."

"he realized that he wanted to keep going."

"M-Myungsoo?"

"Not because he wants to pass his trial,"

"Thank you, again, Sungyeol. I'm very grateful to have you in my life, even if it's for a short time." Myungsoo stepped back from his embrace with Sungyeol and looked at him straight in the eyes. "I hope you pass your trial, Sungyeol. Even though I've never shown it before, deep down, because you're here, I'm happy."

"but because he truly wanted to make that particular human happy."

Sungyeol shone with a blindingly white light, tinting everything around him in the same colour. Myungsoo wanted to shield his eyes and look away, but those were the last moments he would see of Sungyeol, and he didn't want to miss it. Sungyeol's mouth opened to say something, but there was no sound. The taller of the two reached out for Myungsoo, and he linked his fingers with his partner's. A smile appeared on both their lips as they shared their last moments together. Huge, snow white wings appeared on Sungyeol's back and they spread out, showering its surroundings in translucent feathers. Slowly, Sungyeol began to dissolve into white petals that floated towards the sky. The last sight Myungsoo had of Sungyeol was him smiling widely in front of a beautiful background. Myungsoo knew he would remember it forever. Soon Myungsoo was standing alone in the park, his hand still outstretched to where Sungyeol had been. He lowered it back to his side, and Sungyeol's words echoed in his mind.

"You know those typical plots about the Angel falling in love with the human they're sent to protect? Well, I guess it happens in real life too."

Myungsoo laughed softly and said, "You forgot to say vice versa in there. Humans can fall in love too, can't they?"

- - - - -
Next chapter is the last chapter. : ) It'll be the epilogue/alternate ending. I'll try to unload it soon!
Haha... I had a really nice ending in my head... but I just can't seem to express it in words. It must sound so lame when I write it out. =v=