Weird

Snow Feather

After they got back to 'HQ' the two went up the stairs to go to their rooms and rest. At least, that's what Myungsoo thought.

"Why are you following me?" he demanded when Sungyeol trailed after him until he reached his door.

"Because I'm hungry and I didn't buy any food." Sungyeol told him, an excuse.

"If you want to come in, you don't have to lie." Myungsoo sighed and unlocked his door.

"OK. Sorry. Can I come in?"

"No." the look on Sungyeol's face almost made him burst into laughter. "Just kidding." Myungsoo surprised himself with those two words. Since when was the last time he made a joke?

Sungyeol stepped inside and looked around the small, simple suite. It was a living room with a huge window and balcony. To the left was the bedroom door and the right was the kitchen.

"Nice place." Sungyeol said, and sat down on the white couch.

"Are you hungry?"

"Nah." Sungyeol yawned.

"Then what are you going to do in here?" Myungsoo asked with his arms crossed.

"I dunno. Get to know you better I guess. We'll be working together from now on after all." he patted the spot next to him. Myungsoo sat down beside him.

"How about I ask about you?" something about Sungyeol has been bothering Myungsoo ever since he met him.

"Go ahead." Sungyeol tried to sound casual, but Myungsoo heard a hint of nervousness underneath it.

"Any family?"

"A brother."

"Why did you want to start this job?"

"Because I like to live in excitment." there was that faint accent Myungsoo noticed before.

"Hmph." Myungsoo realized that he didn't know what else to ask after so many years of being alone. He thought for a few moments, and when he finally got a question ready, he heard a soft snoring. Surprised, he turned to see Sungyeol sound asleep.

How can he fall asleep so fast? Myungsoo wondered in amazement. That takes skills.

Getting a blanket from his closet, he covered Sungyeol with it and stepped outside onto the balcony. The sun was set halfway already, but that didn't dull its beauty. Myungsoo stood outside like that, all the way until the stars came out.
 

:❉:‧


Sungyeol woke up and the sky was dark. He scanned the room, and saw that it was empty. His eyes fell on a dark shape on the balcony. It was Myungsoo, his new partner, standing close to the edge, looking ahead at the city lights.

Sungyeol would have let him have his peaceful moment if it didn't look like he was about to fall off. Moving silently out of reflex, he walked up to Myungsoo and put his hand on his shoulder. Now that almost had him fall off.

"Wh--?!" Myungsoo jumped, his hand slipping off the railing, causing his body to tip over the edge. I quickly grabbed his arm and yanked him back over.

"That was close." the taller boy sighed in relief.

"Who's fault was that?!" Myungsoo said angrily. He went past the sliding glass door into the suite.

"I didn't mean to scare you." Sungyeol explained. "I'm just used to being quiet."

"You mouth doesn't seem to follow that training." his dark haired partner mumbled.

"I can't help it! It's so boring not talking." the other boy complained.

"Whatever. Go back to your room and rest for tomorrow." Myungsoo told him.

Sungyeol nodded and walked to the door, before turning back and saying goodnight. The door clicked shut behind him.

Myungsoo went to wash up for bed, and he was surprised when he noticed that he was looking forward to the next morning.

Maybe it's because I'm hungry. he thought, pushing the thought aside. He sat down on his bed and set him alarm clock, then laid down and the events that day flashed through his head. Nothing eventful happened that day, but he found himself thinking of breakfast, lunch, and the afternoon snack. Was he really that hungry that all he could think of were his meals? Also, the meals had tasted better than usual.... when he shared with Sungyeol.

That's weird... why would I like eating with someone? It must be because of the food itself, nothing else. Myungsoo thought. I'll wake up early tomorrow to get something to eat fast.

Soon, his eyelids were forcing themselves shut due to the tiring day, and he fell into a sleepless slumber.

- - - - -

I won't be updating tomorrow so I can get a few chapters ahead in case I find a problem later on and want to change it. Sorry. I'll try to make it extra long though. :P