Training

Snow Feather

It Saturday, so the two spies didn't have work at the secret mafia company. Myungsoo and Sungyeol had noticed slight changes in employees and panic going around during their shifts, but pretended not to know anything. Due to their age, nobody really paid attention to them. The advantage of being young. The Boss has given them a day off after their mission of stealing the painting, and the two just walked around with nothing to do.

"Do you want to go train?" Sungyeol suggested. Myungsoo thought about that for a while, then decided it was a good idea after he remembered how long it had been since he last did that.

"Sure."

The two partners went down the elevator into the third basement level. The walls had been made to be soundproof so the loud noises of guns and other weapons wouldn't be heard from the outside. The basement level for training was huge, and filled with almost any kind of equipment a person could imagine, from dummies to bazookas.

"What do you want to train on?" Sungyeol asked.

"Guns." Myungsoo has always had a interest in sniper jobs, and he practiced his accuracy whenever he got the chance to.

The whole training floor was deserted so they could do anything they wanted to. Myungsoo picked up a sniper's gun and set it into position. Sungyeol did the same beside him, and Myungsoo noticed how he handled the weapon, like he was unfamiliar with it. He let it slide, not everyone was good at the same things.

They began to shoot, and Myungsoo eagerly practiced, firing bullet after bullet. He glanced over at the boy next to him, and was surprised how accurate he was considering how he set up his gun. Sungyeol hit dead centre every time. It gave Myungsoo motivation to try even harder.

After half an hour of target practice, the two took a break. Following shooting, they decided to train on close combat fighting next.

Circling around eachother and bouncing lightly on the balls of their feet, they judged the others' movements carefully.

Myungsoo was considering going onto offense when suddenly, his feet were swept from under him and he landed with a loud thump on the blue mat that prevented him from hitting the hard floor. His breath was squished from his lungs when he felt an arm press against his chest. Eyes wide with surprise, he looked up at the boy hovering on top of him.

"Don't underestimate me." Sungyeol said with a wide grin, then removed the pressure from his partner's chest.

Myungsoo suddenly felt excited. It had been a long time before he fought someone this strong. He felt that he could finally go all out for once, instead of holding back so doesn't injure someone. A smile crept across his face, and he lunged at the other taller boy, who easily dodged to the side. It only made Myungsoo's smile get bigger.

Kicks were thrown, and so were punches. The two danced across the blue mats as they switched between offense and defense. Myungsoo was pinned down several times, and from those, he learned many new techniques.

The two didn't even notice how tired they were until they collapse onto the ground. Breathing hard, they started laughing between gasps for breath from the hard exercise they had. Myungsoo was especially delighted how he could go all out without having to worry about hurting Sungyeol.

The taller of the two flopped down onto his back with his arms wide around him, as if he were about to make a snow angel. The two became silent until they could breath properly again.

"What do you want to try next?" Sungyeol asked.

"I want to keep doing this." Myungsoo replied excitedly, which surprised Sungyeol. He didn't expect his partner to get so worked up over simple training.

"Sure." they stood up again and faced each other. Myungsoo faked a step in, but Sungyeol didn't fall for it. They just bounced back and forth for a while, and suddenly, Myungsoo dashed forward and took a quick jab at the other spy. Sunyeol easily side-stepped it, then grabbed his wrist and put him in an arm lock. Myungsoo tried the technique to get out of it that had been drilled into his head, and Sungyeol hopped back when Myungsoo got free and switched into defensive. 

Just when Myungsoo lowered his guard for a split second, Sungyeol sprung forward and knocked him onto the ground, making sure to keep his hand behind Myungsoo's head. They landed with a solid thud on the ground.

"How.. how can you move so fast?" Myungsoo was shocked how quick his partner was, barely more than a blur when he charges.

"I dunno, I just can." he shrugged. "I'm tired. Let's take a break and go get something to eat." he helped Myungsoo stand up and led the way to the elevator door. Myungsoo followed slower, still stunned.

Suddenly, Sungyeol spun around, almost making Myunsoo walk into him. "What?"

"Were you happy today?" Sungyeol asked.

"Huh?"

"Were you?"

"I guess..." Myungsoo knew it would be useless lying, considering that Sungyeol had already seen the grin on this face during practice.

"Good." the taller spy smiled contently and turned around when the elevator door dinged.

Why is  he still asking that? It's just plain weird. Myungsoo thought. I don't understand him.

The two headed upstairs to the cafe.

- - - - -

Sorry for the late and short update. So many tests this week and I wrote this in a hurry. @__@