Letter

Snow Feather

"What do you want to do today?" Sungyeol asked his partner, who just shrugged in response. "C'mon, say something. I know you're bored right now too."

He was right. The two of them were just sitting in a park, hiding from the sun under some trees. Myungsoo yawned and leaned back onto the trunk. He was bored, but he also enjoyed the peaceful moment. The cherry blossoms drifted in the wind above them, and he liked the sight. Sungyeol was fidgeting non-stop beside him, and he ignored it.

"Any input from you would be nice." Sungyeol mumbled. "Or else I'm just going to choose."

"Go ahead."

"Let's go get ice cream then!" Sungyeol said, a happy smile lit his face. Myungsoo just lazily nodded and stood up. Sungyeol led the way to the closest ice cream parlor, and looked like a little kid with a new toy once he was inside. He examined all the flavors with excitement and asked Myungsoo what flavour he was getting. Myungsoo looked at the flavours himself, and realized why his partner was so interested in the labels.

Peanut butter, pecan, corn... Snow peas.... Brussels sprouts.

Myungsoo glanced sideways at his company in disbelief. Is this what he likes to eat?

"I'll take the broccoli one." Sungyeol told the cashier. Myungsoo's suspicions were confirmed. "What do you want?"

"Um... I'll take the vanilla." Myungsoo said quickly, before his partner decides to decide for him.

"That's so boring," was what Sungyeol called it. Myungsoo didn't want to know what 'exciting' tasted like.

The two watched at the man on the other side of the glass scoop out balls of the cold treat and onto waffle cones. He handed the two spies their order and went to take more from the other costumers. The two partners walked out of the shop and back onto the street. It was deserted, and they walked peacefully down the block.

"Want to try my flavour?" Sungyeol offered, which Myungsoo quickly shook his head at.

"No, thanks." he said.

"Can I try yours?"

"Uh... S-sure, I guess." Myungsoo held out his cone and Sungyeol took a little like from it.

"It tastes pretty good," Sungyeol commented. "Much better than I thought it would be."

"It is."

"You should try the curry flavoured one next time." Sungyeol said, making Myungsoo's mouth drop open. "What?"

"Curry flavoured ice cream?" Myungsoo choked out in disbelief. "And you said it tastes good?"

"Yeah, why not?" Myungsoo just shook his head at the taller boy's innocent question, a small smile on his lips.

"Nevemind, just wondering. Let's go back." Myungsoo said, and led the way back to their headquarters building. As soon as they arrived, a messenger lady came up to the two and handed Myungsoo a letter. Surprised, he took it and went back to his room before opening it. Sungyeol, of course, followed him into his suite. Myungsoo decided not to question his actions.

He sat on the couch and tore the envelope open with his finger, too lazy to get a letter-opener. The neatly folded piece of paper inside smelled of lavender, and Myungsoo immediately knew who it was from. His mother.

Myungsoo's eyes quickly scanned the typed words on the piece of paper and the frown on his face deepened with each sentence. Sungyeol tried to get a peek at it too, but Myungsoo wouldn't let him.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Nothing," Myungsoo answered.

Sungyeol asked a few more times, only to get the same answer. Eventually, Myungsoo got irritated.

"I said it's nothing! Stop sticking your nose in my business!" he snapped.

A look of guilt crossed Sungyeol's face and his eyes darkened. "Sorry. I'll leave now." he stood up and walked toward the door. Myungsoo felt bad for yelling at him like that, but before he could get any words out, Sungyeol was already out the door.

Myungsoo collapsed back onto the couch and covered his face with his hands. The message his mother sent him replayed in his head.

 

Myungsoo, if you don't come back in the next two days, I will disown you. You are a disgrace to the family name.
Not to mention that you didn't even tell us exactly what job you picked up. Think carefully. You're not running
away with a girl, are you? I hope you're not doing anything disgusting. If we don't receive a explanation by the
 end of the second day, I will go file in the papers. This is the last chance I'm giving you.

 

He covered his face with his hands and sighed again. Two bad things happening in one day; the letter from his mom, and upsetting Sungyeol. His day wasn't going well.

Myungsoo stood up and walked to the kitchen, getting a glass of water. Coincidentally, he passed by the calendar hanging on the wall, and he noticed a small red star on the date of tomorrow.

Oh... It's that day again.

- - - - -

I didn't get to proof read this yet because I uploaded it in a rush since I notied how long it's been. I'll edit this when I upload the next chapter.
There are many tests right not, so please by understanding if the uploads are slow.