The End

Snow Feather

It was a snowy, fresh day in the middle of winter, and Myungsoo walked around randomly as he waited for the one he had made plans with to show up. More snowflakes drifted out of the sky, sparkling like chips of diamonds. Myungsoo breathed onto his hands as he tried to warm it up, and smiled behind his scarf as he though of all the fun things he would do that day, ranging from a walk to having a special dinner at night.

"Myungsoo! Sorry, did you have to wait long?" a voice suddenly shouts behind him, sounding out of breath. Myungsoo turned around and put on a pretend angry expression as he faced the one who came running towards him. "H-how long did you wait? I'm really sorry! Don't be mad!"

That made the dark haired boy burst into laughter. Myungsoo couldn't hold it in anymore after seeing the other taller person's priceless expression. "No, no, don't worry. I just got here. Let's go, Sungyeol."

The late man smiled in relief, a large grin stretching from ear to ear. "Okay."

As the two walked towards their first destination, Myungsoo thought back to how the Angel had come back to him. It was something he often though about, yet it still made him speechless when he remembered what Sungyeol had told him when he saw him again.

After Sungyeol disappeared into the sky, Myungsoo just continued standing there, eyes fixed on the spot his partner had been just a minute before. He didn't know what to do. Suddenly, it felt as if a big part of his happiness had been ripped away harshly, leaving a huge, gaping hole in his heart. Myungsoo didn't understand why the Angel had to leave. If he was the reason for a human's happiness... wouldn't leaving defeat the whole purpose? Slowly, Myungsoo drifted out of his daze, as he felt something wet and warm roll down his face. Tears? Since when was the last time he cried? He couldn't remember. Dragging his feet back to his living quarters, he fished his keys out from his pocket and unlocked the door before stepping inside.

It made the pain even worse.

Everything in the room seemed to remind him of Sungyeol, of when they would spend time together. Myungsoo swallowed back more tears and went straight to his bedroom, the only place Sungyeol had never been in. He slammed the door shut with a bit more force than necessary, and collapsed onto his bed. All the confusing events of the day fell onto him at once, and he felt exhausted. Soon, his eyelids began to close over his teary eyes, and he drifted off to sleep.

Sob.

Myungsoo's eyebrows scrunched together at the weird sound. He reached up to his cheeks, wondering if he was the one who made it. There were traces of dried tears of his face, and his pillow was slightly damp, but it hadn't been him.

Sob.

There is was again. Myungsoo rubbed his eyes in confusion and sat up in his bed. He glanced at the clock beside him. It had been a whole day since he feel asleep. Slowly and cautiously, he walked to the door leading to his bedroom and opened it just enough to peek through the crack between the door and wall. Something dark on the table caught his attention first. It was a DVD case. Squinting to see the actual picture on it, he noticed it was an Angel and a Demon.

That looks familiar. Myungsoo thought. Where have I seen it before...?

Then it hit him.

It was the same disk Sungyeol had made him watch before, the one he kept crying over while watching. Myungsoo shoved his door open, and it slammed against the wall, causing a tall, startled figure on the couch to jump. He was right.

There he was, sitting on the couch, once again sobbing at the movie that he had watched who knows how many times already. Sungyeol quickly wiped the tears away when Myungsoo appeared suddenly.

"Sung... Sungyeol?" Myungsoo choked out.

"Yeah, what? You're interrupting my movie!" Sungyeol complained.

"But why--? What? How are you back?" Myungsoo stared wide eyed at the other boy, as if not quite believing what he was seeing.

A grin spread across Sungyeol's face. "Well, that's a secret." Myungsoo frowned at the answer. "Alright, alright, I'll tell you. You know how I finished my mission right?"

Myungsoo nodded.

"And that I get to make one wish if I complete it successfully?"

Slowly, Myungsoo nodded again, trying to predict what Sungyeol was about to say.

"Well, I got my wish granted... It was to be with you. Don't worry, I won't fly away anymore. I'm fully human now. Aren't you happy I gave up my eternal life for you?" Sungyeol teased. 

Myungsoo just stared expressionlessly at the taller boy after he finished. Sungyeol began to fidget uncomfortably, not knowing how to react to Myunsoo's... unenthusiastic reaction.

"Er... Maybe you don't want me back? Don't worry, I can live somewhere else if you think that way." Suddenly, Myungsoo ran up to Sungyeol and punched him on the arm. "Ow! What was that for?!"

"For not telling me earlier about your task. For leaving so suddenly. For not saying something earlier... For making me worried that you won't be coming back." Myungsoo said, trying to hold back the tears that seemed to flow without warning and end the past few hours.

Sungyeol's expression softened. "I'm sorry. I didn't know how I would be able to say it."

"Just promise me you won't leave again."

Sungyeol pulled on Myungsoo towards him until he was hugging the other boy. "I won't."

Now, two years later, the two of them had developed an extremely close relationship. Something that might have gone a few steps beyond friendship. The reason they were meeting was because it was their anniversary.

Both of them had quit their spy jobs to live a more normal, stable life. Having turned adults already, they tried to build their life together with each other. At first, it was hard, but they didn't mind as long as they had the other by their side. Soon, they were settled down, and had been lived a comfortable life for the past year. Myungsoo had become much more open with Sungyeol, and Sungyeol's personality had matured quite a bit.

"Are you cold?" Sungyeol asked.

"Nope."

"Liar. Your nose is red."

"Well, so if yours." Myungsoo laughed, and poked at the tip of his partner's nose.

The rest of the day went by fast, almost a blur as the two laughed through all the events they had planned about. Their walk had been peaceful and was a nice 'alone time' for them. Next, they had gone to get lunch together, which tasted great. Anything tasted great when they were eating together. After that, they had spent the whole afternoon walking to where they would be having their special dinner. Through the long walk, they had many stops to sit down and talk with each other. As the sun set and the moon began to climb into the sky along with the stars, they arrived at their destination. It was a tall building overlooking the city lights below, casting a romantic glow over the thick layer of snow as more fell from the sky in large, feather-like flakes.

Sungyeol had made a reservation for the two at the very top of the tower, and they took the elevator upstairs. At the tip, there was only one table surrounded on three sides by glass that gave a perfect view of the beautiful scenery outside. After their food arrived, the two were mostly left alone for the rest of the night.

It was near the end of the meal, and for some odd reason, the waiter gave the pair each a fortune cookie even though it wasn't a Chinese restaurant. Myungsoo broke his open, and something circular clacked onto his plate, tinkling as is spun around. When it finally stopped, Myungsoo stared at it in confusion. It was a gold, circular band with a diamond on it. A ring.

"Hey, Myungsoo, do you like traveling?" Sungyeol asked, his habit of sprouting random questions still hadn't gone away.

"I don't mind, why? Are you planning to go somewhere? And what is this? Why was it in my cookie?" Myungsoo picked up the ring and showed it to Sungyeol.

"I want the two of us to go somewhere." Sungyeol continued, ignoring Myunsoo's last two questions and the fact that he was holding up the ring.

"Where?" Myungsoo imagined all the breath taking places in the world he had heard about, suddenly forgetting about the thing that had dropped out of his fortune cookie. France, Rome, Italy...

"The U.S.A."

Myungsoo felt his mouth drop at such an unromantic place. Not that it was bad, but it just seemed so... un-couple-like to go there. "Why there of all places?"

"Because..." a huge, mischievous grin appeared on Sungyeol's face. "I heard that there... they allow marriage of the same gender."

- - - - -
And this is the end. : )
I hope the ending wasn't too lame. I had something nice planned in my head, but I just can't seem to form it into words. :\

Thank you, all the subscribers, comments and readers! I can't believe this fanfiction is over. It seemed like just last week that I started it. xD Thank you for sticking with me through the whole thing, it means a lot to me.

Thank you again!