Story

Snow Feather

The two spent most of their time the day after Myungsoo's birthday cleaning up. Sungyeol had decorated the place more than Myungsoo had seen, and it took a long time to reorganize everything again.

"Here," Sungyeol said, shoving a box towards the other boy.

"What is it?"

"It's your present, obviously," the taller of the two rolled his eyes teasingly.

"O-oh... Thank you," Myungsoo's cheeks turned red as he became flustered wondering what to do. It had been a long time since somebody had given him a gift. He looked up and met the expectant eyes of Sungyeol. "What?"

"Well, open it!"

"N-now?"

"When else?"

Myungsoo sat down at the couch and placed the little box on his lap. He curiously stared at it for a few seconds before beginning to unwrap it. Slowly taking off the lid, he peeked inside. It was a glass globe. What seemed like snowflakes flowed up and down around an angel playing a harp in the middle. Myungsoo in a surprised breath at how beautiful it was. The angel's robes seemed as if it were blown by an invisible wind, and his hair looked as if it were tinted by a gentle sunlight.

"Thank you... for everything," Myungsoo's voice came out in a whisper. Sungyeol had a satisfied look on his face as he watched his partner continuously stare at his gift.

"You're welcome. I'll always be there for you."

Myungsoo looked up in surprise. Always? A small smile made its way across his lips. For some odd reason, he felt happy hearing those words.

Sungyeol sat down beside Myungsoo. "So, do you believe in them?"

"In what?"

"Angels."

Myungsoo shook his head at Sungyeol's random question again. "Why do you always ask that?"

"I'm just curious."

"I.... don't know... What would you call an angel?"

"Someone who guards you and makes you happy, I guess?" Sungyeol replied after a few moments of deep thought.

"Why are you asking me though? Are you hoping I'll say it's you?" Myungsoo teased.

Sungyeol looked surprised at his answer, and shook his head. "No, but I'm just wondering. You don't have to answer now."

"I guess I do believe in them," Myungsoo said.

To his surprise, that was the end of the conversation.

"I'm bored," Sungyeol suddenly said, completely off topic. "Wanna hear a story?"

"Uh... sure..."

"I'll tell you the story about an Angel and a human boy. The was once an Angel, who was sent down to Earth on a... test. A test to become a full Angel. His mission was to make a human happy. He would pass the test as long as the human admits that they are happy. Well, the newbie Angel was excited and nervous when he heard the news for his 'promotion'. He was sent to a human who was extremely introverted and cold. At first, he almost gave up. However, after learning a bit more about his human, he realized that he wanted to keep going. Not because he wants to pass his trial, but because he truly wanted to make that particular human happy.

Why? He looked into the human's past and saw all the horrible things that have happened to him. The Angel realized that it wasn't the human's own fault he was unhappy. It was just that there was nothing in his life to allow him to be happy. The Angel decided to give it his all to complete his mission."

Myungsoo was confused. Why was Sungyeol suddenly telling a fantasy story? "Wait, Sung--" His partner interrupted him, continuing with his story.

"As days went by, he realized something. The Angel didn't want his test to finish. He did want the human to be happy, but he didn't want to return to Heaven. The Angel wanted to stay with the human he was protecting. Knowing that it was impossible, he pushed his thoughts away. His one wish is to make the human happy, carefree and enjoy his life." Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo straight in the eyes. "He would do anything to make it come true. Now that several days went by, he realized that he wasn't making much progress. That his human wasn't getting any happier. The Angel wanted him to change so badly."

Sungyeol took a deep breath, and rethought his plans. Should he tell the rest of the story? Myungsoo looked at him expectantly with expressionless eyes.

"The Angel eventually came up with a plan to tell him. To tell the human about his mission. He didn't want to do it for selfish reasons, but he wanted the human to know that there was someone in the world who cared for him more than anything else. The Angel told him everything."   

Myungsoo kept staring at the tall boy sitting next to him. It was all slowly sinking in. It seemed impossible, but he's had a feeling this whole time that his new partner was different. The slight, implacable accent, the way he moves, the way he talks. Being a spy, those things should have been screaming at him that something was wrong. He had ignored them. Now it was all coming to attack at once.

Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo's face, waiting for a reaction. How would his partner respond after hearing the story. Will he believe it?

"I knew something was weird with you." Myungsoo finally said.

"Myungsoo... I'm sorry, maybe it was a bad idea to tell you. I feel so bad for saying it..." Sungyeol sighed at his foolishness.

"I'm actually glad you told me." Myungsoo didn't meet Sungyeol's eyes. "So you're telling me that you're an Angel? Is that why you've been asking me all this time?"

Sungyeol hesitated before answering.

"Yes, I am."

- - - - -
DMace9, choding_7, ryne_drops, jaimeonew were all either right on, or very close. : )  (sorry if I missed anyone else... I just looked at the recent comments)
People and their pin-point accuracy at guessing. Wow. xD

Sorry for the short chapter. :\