Secret?

Snow Feather

Myungsoo paced back and forth in front of the building, wondering what he should do.

Go back? But it would mean Sungyeol's sacrifice would have been for nothing.

Don't go back? Myungsoo would feel guilty for the rest of his life.

Wait... guilty? Why should I feel guilty? A spy should always work alone.

This is why I didn't want a partner. Myungsoo thought angrily, I knew it would end like this.

Feeling as if he has walked enough in the same circle to make dents in the cement, Myungsoo still couldn't decide.

Maybe he's just taking his time, I'll wait for a few more minutes. He took deep breaths and counted to ten, then to twenty, then increased it to thirty.

Just as he counted to thirty-eight and was about to raise his limit to forty, a shadow appeared on top of him. Myungsoo tensed, preparing for an attacker to appear. It wasn't who he thought it was.

Myungsoo felt a huge burden lifted off his shoulders when he recognized Sungyeol's face.

"What's with your expression?" Sungyeol asked.

"What's wrong with my expression? Why did you push me off earlier?!" Myungsoo demanded. "What happened to other guards?"

"All problems are solved." Sungyeol grinned, holding up the painting of the Angel.

Before Myungsoo could ask any more questions, his partner grabbed his hand and pulled his down the street. "Let's go."
 

:❉:‧


The two of them were once against dismissed after handing the painting to the Boss. Walking down the hallway, Myungsoo had many questions piled up to ask Sungyeol about. He opened his mouth, only to be interrupted every time.

"Is there something you're hiding?" Myungsoo finally managed to ask, speaking over his partner's voice.

Sungyeol looked at him with a weird expression in his eyes, then smiled. "Maybe."

"And... you're not going to tell me?"

"You'll find out sooner or later." Sungyeol shrugged and went to the fridge to get something to eat.

They were in Sungyeol's suite, and Myungsoo looked around, hoping for a clue of what he's being so secretive about. Nothing. Maybe that should have triggered some suspicion in Myungsoo, but he didn't notice at that moment.

"Do you want something to eat?" Sungyeol called from the kitchen. "Or drink?"

"No, I'm fine. I think I'll go back now." Myungsoo stood up to leave, only to have a arm shoot out and block his way. He looked at its owner and found himself eye to eye with Sungyeol.

"Are you mad?" he asked hesitantly.

Myungsoo pushed him away, their distance too close to be comfortable. It reminded him if that time when they were at the ball and the security guard appeared. When Sungyeol pretended that they were a couple making out so the man would leave without trouble. His cheeks started to turn pink. "No, I'm not."

"You look mad."

"But I'm not." he looked into Sungyeol's eyes as if to make his point. He was surprised how warm and kind they looked.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

Sungyeol pulled him back by his arm. "Then stay for a while longer." Rolling his eyes slightly, Myungsoo flopped back onto the couch, earning a big smile from the other boy.

"What am I suppose to do even if I stay here?" Myungsoo sighed.

"Want to watch a movie? It's a tragedy though." his tall partner went to dig around on the shelves. "Found it!" he came back holding a DVD case and placed the disk into a player.

"What's it about?"

"Supernatural. I just bought it so I haven't watched it yet." Sungyeol sat down beside Myungsoo and showed him the cover. "Looks like it's about an Angel and a Demon."

Myungsoo sighed at how typical the tragic love story sounded. He could already predict everything that would happen in the movie.

About three-fourth of the way through the movie, Myungsoo heard sniffles beside him. He looked over in disbelief and found the boy next to him looking at the T.V. with watery eyes. It was a sad movie, but not to that extent. At least, not to Myungsoo.

It turned out that the movie wasn't as predictable as Myungsoo thought it would be. There were many twists and turns, things happening without warning. The ending was what surprised him the most.

By the end of the movie, Sungyeol was close to sobbing, and it surprised Myungsoo how emotional the other spy was. He was confused how he got such high scores on his entrance exam. Looking around for tissue, he handed a box to him. Sungyeol took it gratefully and quieted down to catch the rest of the ending. The whole movie was about three hours long, and to Myungsoo's surprise, he hadn't been bored for even a minute.

"So? What do you think? Did I pick a good disk?" Sungyeol asked, pressing the power button on the DVD player.

"I guess." Myungsoo lied with a shrug.

"I'm bored again now." Sungyeol dropped onto the couch again and looked at his fellow spy. "Are you happy?"

"What?"

"I asked if you're happy." he repeated.

Myungsoo stared at him in disbelief, once again, at how random his questions were. "Uh..."

"If you're not, I promise I will make you happy!" Sungyeol declared with a determined grin. Myungsoo couldn't talk for quite a few minutes from shock.
 
What? Where did that come from? He'll make me happy? Huh?! kept repeating in Myungsoo's head.

"I'm hungry. I'll go make something to eat." Sungyeol casually stood up and made his way to the kitchen, as if nothing happened, as if he didn't say the most awkward thing. All Myungsoo could do was stare, speechless.

- - - - -

Sorry for the short update... again. @__@