Night Raid

Snow Feather

It was the dead of the night, and not a single noise disturbed a pair of boys as they worked to get inside the work building. They were dressed completely in black and had masks on. Myungsoo reached out his hand for a tool, and wordlessly, Sungyeol handed it to him without having to ask.

Maybe he deserves more credit than I give him. Myungsoo wondered.

Myungsoo carefully cut the glass and placed it beside him. The two slipped inside and Sungyeol went to disable the security system. Without a sound, the two partners traveled through the hallway to where the secret document was hidden.

They looked at each other and nodded. A silent agreement. This is it. Sungyeol set his lock picking kit beside him and went to work opening the safe while Myungsoo watched the door in case there were people on night shift.

It took a good solid chunk of time before Sungyeol waved for Myungsoo. He pointed to inside the safe. Empty. Not believing it, Myungsoo felt along the sides of the safe, feeling for hidden layers. To his relief, he found one on the the left wall. He mentioned for Sungyeol to go and watch the door while he peeled away the side. He left and stood by the door as Myungsoo began to get to work removing the side.

Suddenly, he felt hands pull his arm and drag him towards a desk. He stared at Sungyeol with confusion after they were safely hidden under it. Sungyeol put his finger to his lips and pointed to the door. A night guard peeked into the room, and turned the lights on. The two boys squished themselves against the wall to avoid being seen.

The guard looked around, then turned off the lights and left.... locking the door behind him. They sighed at their bad luck. The two got out from where they were hiding and went back to work. Myungsoo was surprised when he found that all evidence of their presence had been cleaned up by Sungyeol without him noticing.

He's a lot better than I expected. Myungsoo glanced at his partner.

After peeling away the second layer, they found the document. Not daring to read it, Sungyeol tucked it inside his bag.

The door had been locked from the outside, so they had no choice but to climb out through the window. It wasn't too high, so they tied a rope to the pipe running alongside the roof to lower themselves to the ground. Sungyeol went first, saying that he'll test it out and Myungsoo followed, slightly irritated. He's done this enough times, why did Sungyeol treat him like a newbie?

Much to his embarrassment though, near the bottom, his hands slipped because he was concentrating on something else, and he fell. Sungyeol caught him before he hit the ground. Bridal style. Myungsoo felt his fact flame up and he struggled to get out of his arms. Sungyeol didn't seem fazed at all.

"Are you okay?" he asked as he tried to unhook the rope.

"I'm fine." Myungsoo said, brushing imaginary dust off himself so he didn't have to look at Sungyeol.

"You should be more careful." he told him.

"It's not like I did it on purpose." they packed up their stuff and started walking back to HQ, under the cover of the darkness. Myungsoo still couldn't get over how clumsy he was.

The whole way back, Myungsoo replayed safe he felt the moment when Sungyeol was holding him. His face heated up at the though of it again. It didn't help that Sungyeol was staring at him.

"Are you sick? Your face is really red." he put his hand on Myungsoo's forehead. Is there anything redder than a ripe tomato? That was the colour of Myungsoo's face.

"I-I'm fine!" he quickly pushed his hand away.

"Then are you blushing?" Sungyeol asked innocently.

"NO!" his partner yelled without meaning to, causing Sungyeol to burst into laughter. Myungsoo turned his head away and fanned his face. He could feel heat coming off his face and he thought that he could probably cook an egg on it now.

"OK, OK, I won't pry anymore." they walked in silence for the next few minutes and Myungsoo,again, thought back to the time when Sungyeol caught him. He felt weird to think of the word 'safe'. His job had always been life-threatening and he hasn't felt 'safe' in a long time. But at that moment, it was the first word that popped into his head. He couldn't stop thinking about it the whole walk back.

- - - - -

It turned out so short... But I have a thing planned out that I think will be fun :D (well, to me, anyway)