Breakfast

Snow Feather

Myungsoo prepared his equipment extra early so he wouldn't have to go with the new member, Sungyeol. Packing the last of his things, he zipped up his bag and closed the door to his room behind him.

"Hi, Myungsoo!" a voice chirped as soon as Myungsoo turned around. It shocked him once again how easily Sungyeol was able to surprise him.

"Wha--how--?!"

"You were planning to leave without me, huh? I knew it. You're so predictable." Sungyeol patted Myungsoo's shoulder and smiled widely. "Let's go get breakfast first since we're so early."

Myungsoo saw no point in arguing, and just followed his new partner into the cafeteria downstairs. It didn't mean he gave up on trying to ditch him though.

When the two walked in, Sungyeol wouldn't stop talking, asking the randomest questions.

"Do you like green flowers? I find them kind of weird. What's the point of green flowers when it's the same colour as the grass and stem?" he rambled on.

"Be quiet!" Myungsoo snapped. The few people having breakfast all stared at him and started whispering.

"He thinks he's so high and mighty." one of them said quietly.

"What a brat." the woman sitting across from him mumbled.

The smile slowly started to fade from Snugyeol's face as he heard more of them whispering. "Do they always do that?" he asked.

"I don't care. They can say what they want." Myungsoo lied. He actually did want to make some friends, but he was the only one his age since he joined. All the adults became jealous of him because of his entrance mark and all began to hate him. At first, he tried to get along with them, but soon, his pride took over. Myungsoo started to ignore them just as much as they ignore him. Becoming cold-heared and good at acting for his missions, he didn't care much about what they say anymore.

"Why don't you?" Sungyeol's face suddenly popped up in front of him, making Myungsoo almost drop his plate.

"Why should I?" he sat down to eat, and Sungyeol sat across from him.

"Shouldn't you enjoy life? Human lives are so short after all." then he asked another one of his random questions. "Do you believe in miracles? Or Angels?"

"Angels? Of course not. There's never going to be a miracle in my life." Myungsoo told him.

"If you believe, it can." Sungyeol smiled at him gently.

I stopped believing a long time ago. Myungsoo decided to keep it to himself so Sungyeol won't start rambling again. He took a long sip from his water.

Though Myungsoo kept his thought to himself, it didn't stop Sungyeol from talking. Soon, he was asking Myungsoo about his life and he was reluctant to answer at first, but began to open up. To Myungsoo's own surprise, he started to enjoy talking with his new partner. It just felt nice to be noticed, instead of ignored.

Maybe having a partner won't be such a bad thing. Myungsoo thought with a smile. That caught Sungyeol's attention.

"OH! Was that a smile? Was it? You should smile more often you know, its cute." Sungyeol suggested eagerly. "Come on, do it again."

"N-no!" Myungsoo stuttered in embarrassment.

Forget what u just thought. Having a partner is horrible! Myungsoo stood up and headed towards the door, trying to hide his scarlet cheeks. Sungyeol followed close behind, still trying to make him smile, and it did work, though nobody else saw it.

- - - - -

Myungsoo starting to warm up to Sungyeol :P