The Line Between Prejudice And Truth 12th + 13th Day

The Line Between Prejudice And Truth

 

[12 - FRIDAY]

When SiWon arrived at school on Friday, DongHae was the first to come to him. But to SiWon's surprise he didn't greet him with a hug. He just dragged him away from the others.

"What's wrong?" SiWon asked confused.

When they were alone, DongHae started to talk. "You know my little sister Hae-Jung?" he wanted to know and SiWon nodded unsure of to where that should lead them.

"And you know that I pick her up from school sometimes, right?"

SiWon nodded again, this time even more confused. Why did DongHae even ask?

"So did I yesterday. And she wanted to go to the playground but I told her we had to go home. At the end we agreed to at least pass by the playground and guess what? I saw you there, SiWon- With the !" DongHae almost yelled.

SiWon backed away slightly from fear to get hit. He didn't know if DongHae would slap him but he was still afraid he would.

"What have you thought to waste your time like that when you told us you had to help your mom?!" DongHae asked furiously.

It was useless to lie. "I'm sorry," SiWon whispered and looked down to the ground.

"We try so hard to protect you from him and you?! You just spent time with him!!!" DongHae shouted as if it was the worst thing to do in life.

"But he seems nice," SiWon defended himself.

"Yeah, he seems! And then he uses you just for before he lets you down," DongHae explained to the now getting frustrated SiWon. "What are you? Do you want to have with him? Do you love him?! Are you a worthless like him?!"

DongHae definitely didn't know that KyuHyun and SungMin were gay as well otherwise he wouldn't talk like that but it still hurt SiWon.

"N-no," he stuttered. He didn't want to admit it in front of DongHae when he was that mad and he didn't want to be called worthless for the rest of his life.

Suddenly someone called DongHae's name and both, DongHae and SiWon turned around to see LeeTeuk ran towards them.

"Calm down, Hae. Go back to the class. I talk with him okay?" LeeTeuk suggested but his voice was strict and furious as well. SiWon backed away from both a little. Why was it that wrong to talk to HeeChul?

DongHae murmured some things neither LeeTeuk nor SiWon could understand and then he left them. LeeTeuk's cold expression immediately softened. "You are gay, right?" LeeTeuk asked with this convincing tone that meant that SiWon couldn't lie because LeeTeuk already knew the answer.

So SiWon just nodded. "Do you hate me now?"

LeeTeuk didn't answer but smiled a small smile at first. "Are you in love with this sl-HeeChul guy?" he asked.

SiWon immediately shook his head and wanted to deny it like all the other times he was asked as well but then he thought about it once more and maybe it was true and he fell for HeeChul? It was silly, he didn't even know him, how was he supposed to fall in love with him? Slowly he shrugged with his shoulders. "I honestly don't know, LeeTeuk. Do you hate me now?" he asked uneasy but to his relief LeeTeuk shook his head no and instead hugged him tightly.

"Don't be ashamed, SiWon," LeeTeuk told him with an encouraging smile. "But try not to mix us with him, SiWon. Let's tell them, you aren't interested in him and just wanted to have fun, hm?" he suggested and SiWon immediately agreed.

"Thanks, Teukkie!" he said and hugged him thankfully for everything that he had done.

"Just remember always what I told you, alright?" LeeTeuk said and SiWon nodded. "I will. It's okay, Hyung," he said and their ways parted.

---[13 - SATURDAY]

SiWon was laying in his bed. It was early in the morning but he didn't want to stand up just yet. "Do I love him? No...Or maybe yes. , I don't know! Damn it!" SiWon cursed under his breath. He could go crazy. He didn't know what to do. He had found out that he had liked the time he had spent with HeeChul. But he wasn't sure of his heart just yet. After all he had spent his first few days with hating HeeChul. That couldn't just change to being in love with him, right? But LeeTeuk had told him not to do the same mistake as him. With other words, he should give him a chance. But what if his friends found out? He loved them, he didn't want to lose anyone.

"SiWon, you have to go to school," his mother came in. "SiWon! You're still in bed?! Is everything alright? Do you feel sick?" she asked worried. SiWon smiled a warm smile. That side of his mother did he love definitely more. "No, I'm fine. I'll go now," he said and took his clothes to hurry to the shower.

He needed 15 minutes before he left and ran to school because by now he was late for the first lesson.

In school, he knocked at the door to his class room and entered it while apologizing to the teacher. Then he took his seat in the last row next to KyuHyun.

"Hey, you're late. What happened?" KyuHyun whispered to him.

SiWon smiled. "I slept over, sorry. Anything special happened?" he asked absentmindedly but to his surprise KyuHyun nodded.

"DongHae isn't there. Do you know why?" KyuHyun asked but in his tone it was clear that he did know the answer already.

So SiWon just shrugged and looked at him. "No, tell me," he said.

But KyuHyun asked another question instead of giving SiWon the answer. "Do you see the here?"

SiWon looked around and noticed that HeeChul wasn't there as well. "So? What do you want to say with that?"

"DongHae was here at the very beginning but left before the teacher arrived. He felt guilty or something," KyuHyun explained.

SiWon looked at him in frustration because he didn't understand what KyuHyun wanted to say with it. "So? Why did he felt guilty?" KyuHyun just confused him more and more.

"Because he was angry at you," KyuHyun stated.

"But why did he feel guilty?" SiWon asked again and finally KyuHyun gave in and explained. "He beat that up. I suppose it was yesterday afternoon. LeeTeuk told me that Hae was angry at you but he didn't tell me the reason. So do you know why that happened?" KyuHyun asked.

SiWon's eyes widened. "What has he done?!" he whispered shocked. The rest wasn't even registered by him just now.

KyuHyun nodded bitterly. "Are you suddenly friends with the ?" he asked at the edge of getting mad as well, so SiWon immedaitely shook his head. "No, of course not. You warned me from him," he said and KyuHyun observed him carefully causing SiWon to feel very uncomfortable due to his lying.

"Hm, I don't understand DongHae. It's so not like him to just beat someone up like that," KyuHyun thought loudly.

"So HeeChul is at home now?"

KyuHyun shrugged. "I guess."

SiWon just nodded letting his thoughts ran freely through his mind.

---

"Hey, SiWon, I'll accompany you today on your walk home, okay? I'll visit my grandparents," LeeTeuk announced in lunch time and SiWon nodded gladly. Actually he was really thankful for that because he wanted to talk to LeeTeuk in privat.

"So you two will go home then after school?" SungMin asked them and SiWon and LeeTeuk nodded.

"Kyu, I think we should visit Hae, don't you think so?" SungMin suggested and KyuHyun agreed with a nod.

"I can't go, sorry. I'll visit my mom in hospital with my two younger brothers," RyeoWook declared and everyone nodded understanding.

"Why is your mom in the hospital?" SungMin asked instantly worried.

"Nothing serious I hope. I don't know what it is. The doctors don't know it either," RyeoWook explained with a shrug.

"Oh. I hope she'll soon be fine once again," SiWon said and everyone nodded with him.

"Thanks guys," RyeoWook answered with a smile.

"What's with you, YeSung?" KyuHyun asked him and YeSung explained. "I'll come with you to Hae then," he decided smiling.

For the rest of the break, they ate and talked about random stuff.

---

"Bye guys. Have a nice weekend," SiWon and LeeTeuk told their friends and hugged them before they went off to go home.

"Hm," LeeTeuk eventually began after a few minutes of silently walking. "I guess when they leave DongHae's home later on, they'll know of you and the s- the HeeChul guy," LeeTeuk stated.

SiWon's head was down and he nodded without a word. He didn't want to fall for HeeChul and he didn't want to lose his friends. "What should I do? Will you still support me?" he asked silently.

LeeTeuk smiled a warm smile. "Yes, SiWon. I'll help you, okay?"

SiWon nodded gratefully and looked up in front of him without focusing on anything special. "So what are we going to do then?" he murmured, still avoiding the older one's gaze.

"Tell them as we said. Tell him it was a bet between you and me," LeeTeuk said. "It's okay like that. Maybe you can go to DongHae tomorrow?" he suggested and SiWon thought about it for a while. "Yeah, I guess we could."

"Then you explain everything to him," LeeTeuk stated. "And the truth will remain our little secret, okay?"

"Yes, thank you so much," SiWon said and finally looked at the other's honest eyes.

For a long time, their way was quiet because neither of them knew what to talk about. Only just before their ways parted, SiWon started a conversation. "Hyung, what is with your ex? Why are you still meeting her?"

LeeTeuk shrugged. "My heart tells me to. Sad, isn't it? But I can't change it. She's just so mesmerizing and beautiful," he admitted with a bitter smile.

SiWon admired LeeTeuk for always keeping his smile even though it wasn't a happy one.

"I rather wouldn't want to talk about it," LeeTeuk said eventually after he thought about it for a few seconds.

"I'm sorry I asked," SiWon immediately apologized.

"It's okay. I told you before because I want you to believe me. I don't want you to hurt like me. It's already too late for you to not hurt at all I guess because you already fell in love. With love, there always come fights as well. Love isn't always happy. So try to do your best and be happy. How do you actually even imagine a relationship with... that guy? I mean because of our friends...," LeeTeuk asked and SiWon just shrugged. Only then he truely realized that LeeTeuk seemed to be sure for himself that SiWon was indeed in love with HeeChul. And SiWon got afraid that it was true. He didn't want to fall for him. "Uh, uhm, I don't plan a relationship with him. We all hate him after all," he said uneasy.

LeeTeuk laughed a little. "Anyway, SiWon. Always remember what I told you, please." Then he waved him good bye for they had reached their street and the house of LeeTeuk's grandparents.

"Bye," SiWon said, lost in his own thoughts when he arrived at home.

 

TBC