The Line Between Prejudice And Truth 5th + 6th Day

The Line Between Prejudice And Truth

[5 - FRIDAY]

The next day when SiWon sat in class, the teacher smiled at YeSung before he started to speak: "Because you'll have to pass the exam in three days, it'll be better if you know everything by now. I hope everyone has already learned much, but I know that some won't make it with their current attitude. And because everyone has to pass this exam, I'll call some names who will stay two hours longer today for learning, alright? But it won't be many because I don't want to work with a big group, alright?"

Some groaned and some took the news with excitement and hope to be called.

"So, I tell you the names now. There we have DongHae," the teacher started and looked at said student who nodded in frustration. DongHae didn't want to spent two extra hours in school and that was clearly shown on his face.

"And yes, DongHae, everyone who I mention, will HAVE TO stay longer, understood?" the teacher added immediately and DongHae nodded slowly with an annoyed expression.

"Fine, then LeeTeuk," the teacher said and wanted to look at him but LeeTeuk wasn't there. "Where's LeeTeuk?" he asked in surprise.

Suddenly, SungMin opened his mouth to explain. "Ah, yeah, he felt ill, so he went home," he said with a smile and the teacher nodded.

"Then next is KyuHyun and SungMin."

Both nodded without even looking up from what they were doing and the teacher continued. "HeeChul, you, too."

SiWon looked at said person. HeeChul nodded. He seemed to expact it because he didn't react surprised. SiWon had thought, HeeChul wasn't that bad. Wasn't it that what YeSung had told him after all?

But he was distracted of thinking when the teacher talked to him. "SiWon, I think you should come, too. You have to catch up all the stuff."

SiWon nodded with a smile. He was indeed glad to stay longer and learn all the things for the exam.

The rest of the lesson went by quickly and SiWon didn't pay much attention but he was sure that the teacher had called some more names as well.

Then it was time for YeSung and RyeoWook to wave goodbye while the other four stayed in the classroom.

The teacher continued instantly and tried to teach his students all the things they didn't understand. For SiWon who was quiet clever, it was easy to follow and he was good in catching up but he also realized why all the others were there as well. They didn't know anything was what SiWon thought with disbelief. DongHae had given up after the first hour and KyuHyun and SungMin still tried to get it into their head what was quiet difficult because as soon as the teacher had explained something to them they asked questions about what the teacher had just told them. They just couldn't understand it.

SiWon looked around and saw the HeeChul guy looking cluelessly to the board. It seemed as if he couldn't follow the teacher's talking as well. Then there were still three other's who seemed just as lost as HeeChul, SungMin and KyuHyun.

SiWon sighed. "SungMin, don't you understand it even a bit?"

In SungMin's look was hopelessness as he nodded.

"Aish, it really isn't that difficult. Look, like that," SiWon began and started to explain how he thought it may be easier for SungMin to understand.

SungMin's eyes widened while he listened to SiWon carefully. "So that's it? Just like that and...?" He stared at SiWon in disbelief but SiWon nodded with a smile.

"That's easy!" SungMin exclaimed suddenly with a big smile and jumped up to hug SiWon. "You're the best! Thanks, finally I got it!"

SiWon laughed and patted SungMin's head gently. "I'm glad I helped you," he said, noticing KyuHyun's gaze on him. At first it was a burning that didn't let him feel comfortable but then it turned to a softer look. "Help me, too, SiWon!" KyuHyun demanded with pleading eyes and SiWon nodded but before he could start the teacher interrupted him. "If you can explain it better than me, then try your luck. I think you can do this, SiWon?"

SiWon nodded uncertainly.

"Alright, then I leave it to you," the teacher announced. When he left the class room he murmured something about him needing to rest from this horrible class that would be so hard to teach. SiWon looked after him helplessly.

"He's right, SiWon. He can't explain anything. So how does it work?" KyuHyun asked and SiWon sighed. "Okay, so...," he started once again to explain everything to the other students now.

"Understood?" he asked at the end. A proud smile spread across his face when he saw SungMin, KyuHyun and the three students he didn't know the name of nodding.

"Great. I suppose you can go then," SiWon suggested and they thanked him before they left.

"So what didn't you two understand?" SiWon asked but his question was actually more directed to DongHae instead of to HeeChul.

"This!" DongHae said immediately and pointed to one of the pages in his book.

SiWon nodded and started to explain it and he was glad that they seemed to understand it finally as well.

"Thanks, SiWonnie!" DongHae exclaimed happily like SungMin before and hugged him.

"So you're ready for the exam now?" SiWon asked and DongHae nodded. "I never felt this confident before. Thanks!"

SiWon nodded happily and they packed their books back into their bags to get ready to leave when HeeChul spoke up. "Uhm, SiWon. I still have a question..."

SiWon saw to DongHae for help and rolled his eyes when his friend just shrugged. That didn't help him and because he couldn't just leave without a proper reason he nodded and sank back into his chair. "Then ask," he said with a sigh and DongHae waved at him. "See you tomorrow," he said and left.

HeeChul asked what he still didn't get and SiWon explained everything quickly to be able to go as soon as possible.

"Thanks that you took your time to help me, too," HeeChul said and SiWon just nodded. He was surprised. It sounded so different, so honest and innocent. HeeChul like this was hard to imagine as such a , SiWon thought and forced a smile.

"I invite you to the cafe to thank you, hm? Have you time now?" HeeChul suggested and looked expectantly at SiWon.

"Uhm, no sorry, I've no time," said one answered instead and packed everything into his bag to get ready to leave.

"Oh...okay. What's with tomorrow? Just tell me when you've time, okay?" HeeChul stated with a friendly smile but SiWon refused with an apologetic smile. "No need to invite me. It's okay. So good luck with your exam," SiWon said before he went out of the room.

He wondered if he had been to rude but just shrugged. It was too late anyway. He had to admit, HeeChul was a great actor to be able to hide everthing and seem so innocent.

"Hey, SiWon!" HeeChul called out all of a sudden and SiWon rolled his eyes in annoyance before he complied and turned around. "What?"

HeeChul seemed a little bit uneasy because SiWon was so rude but brushed it off and smiled instead. "Where do you live?"

"At the end of the city, there in this direction," SiWon pointed out and turned around again to go home when HeeChul suddenly walked next to him. "Me, too. We could walk together home," he suggested and SiWon nodded with a defeated sigh. What was wrong with this guy? Didn't he realize that SiWon really wasn't interested in doing anything with him together? He hated him after all.

"Do you like it in your new city?" HeeChul asked and looked up to SiWon.

SiWon just nodded. He felt uncomfortable with HeeChul around. He just had to think of his work and his child at this age. It made him crazy.

Finally, HeeChul seemed to understand that SiWon didn't want to talk to him, so he didn't say anything else anymore.

"Bye, and still thanks for your help, SiWon," HeeChul said when their ways had to part and everyone headed home alone for the last street.

SiWon turned around once more. This guy was kind of interesting. He couldn't deny it that HeeChul was indeed pretty.

SiWon smiled to himself as he walked home.

---[6 - SATURDAY]

"Hey SiWon!"`Someonce called from behind and SiWon turned around. He was on his way to the school and so he was quiet surprised that he met someone on his way to school. That was when he remembered HeeChul.

SiWon sighed. HeeChul had catched up and was now next to him. Wasn't it bad enough that here at his new school he had to go to school on a Saturday but now he obviously had to bear with HeeChul, too.

"HeeChul, please just leave me alone," SiWon demanded and walked faster.

He felt HeeChul's confused gaze on himself but didn't react.

"Wait, SiWon?" HeeChul called again and SiWon had to tell himself to calm down to not yell at the other one. "Hm?"

"Why are you like this? Have you spent too much time with KyuHyun and the others? Why don't you like me? Why are you like all the others?" HeeChul asked and looked down with sad eyes.

SiWon couldn't help but say what he was thinking right now. "You are disgusting, " he hissed and went off. This time, HeeChul didn't ran or called after him and with a relieved sigh, SiWon reached the school.

"Hey, SiWon," DongHae greeted him with a big hug and YeSung, KyuHyun and SungMin did the same.

SiWon greeted them back and then turned to LeeTeuk and RyeoWook to say hello and hug them as well.

LeeTeuk was the only one who seemed down today and that made SiWon happier. Of course, he still was upset because he felt sorry for LeeTeuk but it was better than yesterday anyway.

"I invite everyone tomorrow to the cafe to celebrate after our exam. We'll do well," YeSung told his friends and everyone nodded excited.

"So, LeeTeuk, do you feel better today?" RyeoWook asked worried and SiWon observed his Hyung carefully. He was pale and his eyes were tired but he forced himself to smile and that made SiWon relieved. LeeTeuk could smile at least a litte.

"Yeah, thanks," he said and nodded slowly.

"We've to go to the classroom. The lesson will start now," SungMin announced and they headed for the said room.

"Hey, LeeTeuk?" SiWon asked uneasy. He didn't want to make LeeTeuk feel uncomfortable but he wanted to make him happy again. "Why are you so sad?" he just asked.

LeeTeuk smiled a bitter smile. "It's okay, SiWon," he answered.

SiWon smiled a warm smile as well. "You can talk to me. What's on your mind?"

All of a sudden, LeeTeuk started to laugh and shook his head in amusement. "SiWon, I'm fine. I'm just tired. That's all."

SiWon nodded slowly. It seemed as if LeeTeuk didn't want to talk to him just yet but SiWon understood it. They didn't know each other for long, so he probably didn't trust him that much to talk with him about his problems.

They arrived in class and sat down when the teacher entered and started the lesson.

"Kyu?" SiWon looked at said person with an expecting look and KyuHyun turned to him with a smile. He was obviously in a very good mood today.

"Are you in love?" he asked with courage he just won from KyuHyun smiling at SungMin.

"What? ...Uhm, no. I've no girlfriend, SiWon. Why?" KyuHyun asked back a little bit surprised and SiWon smiled. "Just asking. You seem so happy, so I thought you could be dating someone who made you that happy," he explained.

KyuHyun laughed out silently before he calmed down and eyed SiWon carefully to find another reason because SiWon's didn't seem to be enough for KyuHyun. But he couldn't find anything on SiWon's expression, so he turned the attention to SiWon. "And you? Do you have a girlfriend?"

SiWon shook his head with an amused smile on his lips. If KyuHyun knew he was gay as well, he thought laughing to himself.

KyuHyun raised an eyebrow. "Do you like anyone?"

SiWon shrugged. He felt he could trust KyuHyun not to tell it to someone else, so he decided to tell the truth. "It's kind of difficult with me," he started.

"Why?" KyuHyun raised an eyebrow.

"Because...because I'm not really interested in girls," he confessed and looked at KyuHyun carefully for his reaction. If YeSung was right, and SiWon was sure he was, then KyuHyun should understand him with being gay the most and accept him as well.

"Oh...," was the only thing KyuHyun could say. "I didn't knew..."

SiWon sighed. "Are you okay with it? Or do you hate me now?" To push KyuHyun a little more, he added. "I heard that the HeeChul guy is gay as well. Do you hate me now like you hate him?"

KyuHyun was shocked. "No, of course not! How could you think anything like that? In fact, I think it's okay to be gay. Well, and this is an exception because he's just...disgusting," KyuHyun explained and leaned forward to hug SiWon to assure him he was okay with SiWon being gay.

SiWon smiled somewhat relieved but also sad. He had hoped that KyuHyun would tell him now, too, after SiWon had confessed but there wasn't such thing. Instead KyuHyun turned his attention back to the teacher and SiWon did the same.

---

"Finally break!" DongHae exclaimed and ran to their lunch table and with a big smile on his face he started to eat.

SiWon had to laugh at how cute DongHae was. Just like a little child.

"Uh, hopefully you never fall in love with him," YeSung whispered from behind and now SiWon laughed out loud in amusement.

"Don't worry, YeSung. I won't," he assured with a grin and YeSung smirked. "So, still no one found yet?" he asked curiously and poked him into his side.

"Ah!" SiWon winced but grinned as well. "No, still no one found...yet," he repeated.

"Hm...what's with Wookie?" YeSung suggested.

"What's with him?" SiWon asked confused and YeSung had to laugh at his own thoughts. "Well, why don't you fall in love with him?"

SiWon's eyes widened. "He's gay, too?!" he asked with shock clearly seen in his face.

"No, but you could make him," YeSung stated smirking.

"RyeoWook?! No, no!" SiWon exclaimed loudly and realized too late that it was too loud because now RyeoWook who was just about to sit down next to DongHae looked at him in confusion. "What's with me?" he asked with his lovely voice and SiWon hurriedly shook his head. "No, nothing. Everything's fine, RyeoWook," SiWon assured.

"What's with KyuHyun AND SungMin? ?" Yesung suggested laughing and now SiWon hit him playfully. "Stop that, YeSung. There's no one I'm interested in, so just give up already," he hissed and they sat down to eat.

"Uhm, SiWon? You live at the other end of the city, right?" LeeTeuk suddenly asked.

SiWon nodded. "Yeah, why do you ask?"

"Do you mind me coming with you? Once a week I visit my grandparents, mostly at the weekend and then I stay there for one night. They live there, too," LeeTeuk explained and SiWon smiled happily. "Of course not. Great, then I don't have to walk home alone. Thanks," he said and LeeTeuk smiled relieved.

SiWon looked around with his mouth full when he wondered if HeeChul was always sitting alone on a table like the first day SiWon had been here. His gaze found him, in a corner on one table on his own just how he had expected it to be. SiWon wasn't a mean person but he thought, HeeChul deserved it because it was just so wrong to live like that.

---

It was way too soon that they had to return to class but when they did, SiWon used the lesson to learn everything he wasn't quiet sure of for the exam in two days.

After school, they said goodbye and told each other to learn much for the exam. Then their ways parted and LeeTeuk and SiWon walked along the road alone.

"Hey, SiWon...uhm...I wanted to know, if you could help me... maybe, too?" LeeTeuk suddenly asked unsure of SiWon to accept his request.

But SiWon was too confused. He didn't understood with what he should help LeeTeuk.

LeeTeuk smiled at SiWon's clueless look in his eyes and explained. "The exam. You know, I was sick yesterday and I heard that you are great in explaining all that stuff, so maybe you could come with me to my grandparents for a while to teach me, too?" LeeTeuk suggested hopefully and to his relief SiWon nodded with a warm smile.

"Of course, Teukkie. We're friends!" he stated.

The house of LeeTeuk's grandparents was just a few houses next to SiWon's, so SiWon suggested to go home first to eat and tell his mother and then he would come to LeeTeuk to help him and LeeTeuk agreed with a thankful hug.

---

"I hope you aren't in love, SiWon?" LeeTeuk stated suddenly when they had already learned for over one hour and the older one finally seemed to get it.

SiWon wasn't that confused anymore of LeeTeuk's random subject, so he just smiled. "No, I'm not," he said.

LeeTeuk breathed out in relief. "That's good. So you won't get hurt..."

Finally SiWon understood that LeeTeuk was okay with talking about his feelings with SiWon now, so he smiled an encouraging smile. "Are you hurt, Hyung?" SiWon asked silently and looked at LeeTeuk with his big eyes.

LeeTeuk just sighed. "You probably heard it already from YeSung. Aish, this guy can't keep a secret to himself. Be careful what you tell him," LeeTeuk warned with a short laugh. "Anyway, he told you about my ex, right?"

SiWon nodded. "So it's true? Do you still love her?"

LeeTeuk nodded slowly with his head kept down.

"And you still meet up with her sometimes?" SiWon asked, shocked when LeeTeuk nodded once more. The younger one didn't know what to say anymore, but he felt sorry for LeeTeuk. Maybe he should tell him about his love life as well now? Maybe even that he was gay? SiWon wasn't sure because he wasn't that close with LeeTeuk by now.

"Anyway, SiWon, if you meet someone, get to know her first before you fall in love or abominate her. She can be wonderful from the outside but still cruel and harmful. But I believe it can be the other way around as well. Maybe she isn't that gorgeous from the outside or you don't like her at first but then you get to know her better and only then you realize how amazing she is and how much you love her," LeeTeuk stated with a bitter smile. SiWon nodded and LeeTeuk continued. "I know that all too well. If you have someone like that, don't let her wait for too long before it's too late. There was once a girl, back when I was still together with my ex. One day, she told me that my ex wouldn't be good to me but I always didn't like the other girl that much. She seemed so weird. She had told me that my ex would cheat on me and...well anyway, she told me and a few days later I found out myself that she had been right and it was true. We broke up and suddenly I realized that that girl always just wanted the best for me. I started to look for her. I wanted to apologize because when I had been with my ex I was mean to her, but I couldn't find her. A friend of her told me later that she had commited suicide...," he told SiWon with a sad face, lost in his memories and thoughts. Then he sighed. "However. Don't make the same mistake like me, SiWon," LeeTeuk said with a small smile and waited for SiWon to nod again. He did but was still shocked of what LeeTeuk had just told him.

"Ah, and thanks really much for your help. I think I'm ready for the exam now," LeeTeuk said and hugged SiWon before he waved goodbye to him.

SiWon just nodded, still with big eyes. He was speechless. Everything LeeTeuk had told him ran through his mind. He was lucky not to exprience that he told himself but then he remembered someone. HeeChul. Honestly, he wasn't in love with him but he somehow was interested in him, not romantically. He couldn't explain it. He tried to imagine HeeChul unlike he knew him. Then he realized that he actually didn't even know HeeChul. The only things he knew about him were what YeSung and KyuHyun had told him after all. So how could he have judged him even though God was quiet against it? What had gotten into him, SiWon wondered, disappointed of himself.

He still wasn't looking forward to talk to HeeChul, but he wanted to apologize for being that disrespectful and harsh towards him.

 

TBC