The Line Between Prejudice And Truth 3rd + 4th Day

The Line Between Prejudice And Truth

 

[3 - WEDNESDAY]

On the next day at morning when he was in class, sitting next to KyuHyun while the teacher was talking, he noticed the strange guy looking over at his direction once again.

SiWon turned to KyuHyun. "By the way, what is his name?" he wanted to know because suddenly he realized that he didn't even know it yet.

KyuHyun looked at him in confusion. "What name? From who?"

SiWon didn't answer but pointed at the guy.

KyuHyun observed him carefully as if the boy could have changed to somebody else before he turned back to SiWon. "It's HeeChul, why?" he said in annoyed and disgusted tone.

SiWon just shrugged. "You just call him or and I wanted to know his real name," he explained his reason that wasn't really there and KyuHyun just nodded without much interest in listening further.

---

"Hey, YeSung, this HeeChul guy...is he good in school?" SiWon asked his friend at the afternoon at lunch time while the others on the table were talking about some intresting things with each other and KyuHyun and SungMin weren't even there.

YeSung looked at him in bewilderment. "Hm, I think he's doing okay. But why do you ask?"

SiWon just shrugged. He didn't know himself if he was honest, so how the hell should he give YeSung a proper reason?

"Don't-...SiWon!" YeSung throw him a warning look. "Don't tell me it's him!"

SiWon was confused at first because he didn't quiet understand about what YeSung was talking about but then he remembered the day before and immediately answered:"No no no! YeSung, of course not! I'm not interested in anyone like...like that," he explained with a disgusted expression, making YeSung breathe out in relief.

"Thank god. I just thought...well...thank god," YeSung repeated slowly. "I really would suggest you not to try him. He's a heartbreaker. He can't even love proparly. He just wants to get laid. He probably sleeps with more guys in one week than that week has days. He wouldn't care if he has a boyfriend or girlfriend. Although I believe he's gay and only has with boys anyway," YeSung told SiWon who nodded with a stunned expression.

He really wasn't interested to start a relationship with that guy. He was disgusting.

---

After school, SiWon had to go buy some things for his mom who was currently quiet busy with decorating the new home. So he waved all his friends goodbye before he and DongHae, who suggested to come with him, headed for the shopping mall.

"So SiWon? Do you like it here?" DongHae asked smiling brightly as always.

SiWon chuckled. This boy was always in a good mood and his smile made the people around happy as well. He nodded. "Yeah, it's great. I've found good friends and it's a beautiful city," SiWon told DongHae who nodded emphatically.

"Uh, SiWon. I've to pick up my little sister, so would you wait here, please?" DongHae asked nicely and SiWon nodded. "From where do you have to pick her up then?" he asked curiously and looked around.

"There, the elementary school," DongHae replied and went off with a thankful smile.

SiWon laughed a little. Just DongHae's cute expression made him smile. He was born to make his friends and everyone happy, SiWon thought. He spotted a bench and went to sit on it when he suddenly heard screams from little kids running around and trying to catch each other. He laughed once more. This city was really something. Everyone seemed to be happy and he himself wasn't sad as well.

When he almost reached the bench a kid crashed into him. When it was halfway down to hit the ground, SiWon was quick enough to grab its arm to prevent it from hitting the ground.

"Woah, watch out where you're running," SiWon said friendly and helped the small girl to stand proparly.

"I'm sorry," she said with her tiny voice.

SiWon smiled. "It's okay. Are you hurt?"

The small girl shook her head no.

"Chin-Sun!" Someone called worried and the girl turned around with a big smile.

"Appa!" She exclaimed and ran into a young man's arms who came towards them.

"Oh, are you hurt, my baby girl?" He asked still worried but the girl shook her head just like she did before when SiWon had asked.

"The man safed me, Appa!" Chin-Sun explained and SiWon laughed and wanted to deny it but then the other man stood up proparly and let go of his daughter to look at SiWon and now he realized who it was. HeeChul.

"Thanks, SiWon," he said and bowed thankfully.

SiWon stared at the other one in disgust. How could HeeChul react like that with his daughter when he was this much of a ?!

"However," SiWon murmured and hurried away to the elementary school. He decided to wait at the front entrance rather than stay with HeeChul. This guy just nauseated him.

From the corner of his eyes he saw him looking at him in confusion but SiWon didn't care. He just thought once more how much he felt sorry for the little girl.

"Hey, here I am. This is my little naughty sister, Hae-Jung," DongHae introduced the girl who clung onto his hand and smiled brightly.

SiWon immediately forgot HeeChul. They definitely were siblings he thought when he observed DongHae and Hae-Jung. They were just quiet similar, their face, their eyes, everything. It was amazing and SiWon couldn't help but laugh at it.

"So let's go buy the stuff for your mom," DongHae said and they went to the hall.

There they bought everything and SiWon thanked DongHae for accompanying him when their ways parted.

SiWon sighed but still smiled. He could only repeat in his head that he loved this city with all his new friends They were all so nice to him. But then he remembered HeeChul and his daughter. He couldn't explain it but he thought HeeChul was interesting, although it was in no good way.

---[4 - THURSDAY]

"Hey SiWonnie!" DongHae yelled still a few metres away and ran towards him to hug him tightly.

"Hi, Hae," SiWon replied and pushed DongHae away gently, to greet the others as well. "Hey."

Everyone except of LeeTeuk who seemed to be sad and KyuHyun who was quiet annoyed, were smiling and laughing and hugged him. On the way to their class room, SiWon asked YeSung silently what was wrong with KyuHyun.

"I told you before, he gets annoyed a little bit too often, but we can't really do anything against it. Just ignore it and try to be nice. Ignore his disrespect, hm?" YeSung suggested and SiWon nodded. Actually he wanted to know the reason but he wasn't sure if YeSung didn't know himself or just didn't want to tell SiWon, so he didn't ask anymore. Instead he throw a short look at LeeTeuk, before he decided to speak again to YeSung in a whisper. "And what's with LeeTeuk?"

YeSung shrugged. "I think, it's because of his ex. You won't believe it, but she is kind of...hm...how could I say it best...?" YeSung thought for a few seconds before he continued. "She's kind of...addicted and she loves to try new things. One day, she dragged LeeTeuk into a whorehouse. Guess what, HeeChul was there the day, too."

SiWon's eyes widened. "So it's LeeTeuk who had seen him working there?" he asked shocked.

YeSung nodded. "Anyway, they broke up a week after that. I think, LeeTeuk still likes her. And they even meet sometimes. I don't know much about it because he won't tell us but I suppose she still uses him for ," he explained SiWon who's eyes widened more than before.

This seemed to be such a happy world but slowly it turned out to be a sad and hatred world. SiWon felt sorry for LeeTeuk.

"Don't tell him that I told you," YeSung said and SiWon nodded immediately. He understood LeeTeuk's feelings. Not that he had been in a situation like that ever but he felt LeeTeuk's sadness and it made him upset as well.

They arrived at the class room and took they seats.

While the teacher talked about some uninteresting things, SiWon observed KyuHyun from the corner of his eyes. He seemed to be kind of frustrated even. And SiWon being the kind and naiv boy, he had to talk to the other one.

"Hey, Kyu," he whispered.

KyuHyun turned his gaze from the board to him. ", what the hell do you want, SiWon?"

In his tone, SiWon could clearly notice the annoyance but he didn't mind the loss of respect.

"What's up with you today?" SiWon asked worried. KyuHyun glared at him for a while without speaking. He seemed to try to figure out what to say to SiWon. "Just-..., SiWon!"

"Shh, you have to be more quiet if the teacher shouldn't notice our conversation," SiWon warned.

KyuHyun groaned. "Just leave me alone. Don't talk to me for the rest of the day. It's better like that but don't worry. It's not because of you. I just have a bad day, okay?" KyuHyun said and SiWon nodded without saying anything.

"Anyway, you should pay more attention to the lesson. You know, we write a exam about this subject in four days, right?" KyuHyun remembered SiWon who seemed to hear that for the first time.

His jaw dropped. "What?" he breathed out in shock.

KyuHyun shook his head with a hopeless smile. "Yeah...even though you are new here, you must write about this , too. Maybe you should ask someone to help you?" he suggested.

SiWon nodded still with the same situation.

"And close your mouth, SiWonnie," KyuHyun stated and it was just now that SiWon realized it himself and did what he was told to.

---

At lunch time, SiWon asked KyuHyun who was good enough to tutor him.

"Not me if you don't want to fail," he told SiWon with a laugh. Suddenly it seemed as if his mood was at least a little bit better than before and that made SiWon happy.

"...I don't know who's the best in class...but I didn't get the whole part of the subject that we had before you came, so I can't help. Maybe you could ask RyeoWook. He knows everything," KyuHyun suggested and SiWon immediately turned to said person after thanking KyuHyun.

"I understood everything, but I'm sorry to say that I've no time to tutor you. You know, my mom is in hospital and my dad is at work for the whole week and I'm left alone with my two younger brothers, so I really have no time. Sorry again," RyeoWook apologiezed and SiWon smiled. "It's okay. Who do you think could teach me then?" he asked and RyeoWook thought a while before he eventually answered. "I don't know. In fact, SungMin, LeeTeuk and DongHae are bad in school-" RyeoWook couldn't finish his sentence because three pairs of eyes glared angrily at him with an offended expression.

"Oh come on, guys, honestly, you ARE bad," RyeoWook said and slowly all three of them nodded, facing their laps in shame.

"Hey, SiWon, we help you then, okay? We look for someone to help all of us then, alright?" DongHae suggested and RyeoWook started to laugh out loud. "Funny, Hae. SiWon...okay, I understand he needs someone to teach him the stuff we learned when he wasn't here yet but for you...there's no hope at all. You three are screwed," RyeoWook stated and now SiWon, KyuHyun and YeSung laughed as well.

From that on, SungMin sat next to LeeTeuk and only talked with him and DongHae while these three tried their best to ignore RyeoWook for the rest of the day what of course didn't work.

"What's with you, YeSung? Are you good in that? Can you help me learn everything?" SiWon asked hopefully but YeSung hesitated. "I don't know. I'm not that bad either and I would have time but I'm not good in explaining. I guess you won't learn anything from me," he warned with a apologietic expression.

SiWon sighed. "It's okay. I can teach it to myself then," he said and smiled.

"I'm really sorry, SiWon," YeSung repeated but SiWon just patted his shoulder. "It's okay I said," SiWon told YeSung with a smile. Lunch time passed and they had to return to the class room for the next few boring hours.

---

After the teacher had ended his lesson, YeSung came to SiWon. "Listen, I try to find someone for you, alright? I'll ask the teacher, SiWon, okay?" YeSung suggested and SiWon nodded thakfully. "Thanks then and bye. See you tomorrow," he said and YeSung and the other's waved him goodbye because this afternoon he would go home by himself.

He went along the street lost in his thoughts when he saw a familiar body walking a few metres in front of him. It was HeeChul, by now he was sure because he had seen him often enough here.

But to his big surprise, HeeChul didn't went to the kindergarden but passed it by and headed around a corner. SiWon didn't know what was there for he didn't know the city well enough but he had a feeling he must follow him. He made sure to have enough distance between them while he went after him.

The street wasn't a usual shopping street but there were still some shops here and there. One building with big letters in neon on its front was lightening the street when it slowly got darker.

SiWon wondered where he was. He watched HeeChul enter the building and finally he realized what it was. A whorehouse.

SiWon was shocked. So it really was true?

He decided not to follow anymore and just go home. He couldn't believe what this guy was doing. It was so wrong and he was only 17. It was against the faith of God and everything else.

 

TBC