The Line Between Prejudice And Truth 1st + 2nd Day

The Line Between Prejudice And Truth

 

[1 - MONDAY]

SiWon entered the big building that should be his school from now on. Of course he was nervous. His family moved in this city just a few days ago and he hadn't found any new friends yet. Maybe he could make some at school.

After a while he managed to find his class room. The students didn't even notice him, so he just went to the last row where it seemed a few seats were free.

"Can I sit here?" he asked a guy next to him. Said one turned around in surprise and observed SiWon carefully. "Who are you?" he eventually asked with a raised eyebrow but his voice was rude and unfriendly.

"I'm Choi SiWon. I'm new here. So...is this seat free?" he asked nicely. Even though the other one wasn't that nice, SiWon didn't want to make enemies the first day in school, so he tried his best.

The other one nodded shortly and turned around to continue to talk with some other students.

SiWon didn't mind. He sat down and used the time before the teacher would come to look at his new class mates.

There were loud boys laughing loudly with some other girls, some who just talked silently, sometimes even whispered and a few couples kissing and flirting as if they were alone on the world. SiWon's gaze fell on a boy who sat alone on the other site next to the window. He was listening to music and obviously not even slightly interested in social contact.

SiWon sighed. He didn't like his class. They all seemed so arrogant. Instead of staring at the lonely weird boy, SiWon decided to put out his school stuff and just wait for the teacher who came after another five minutes.

"Oh, a new face. You are the new student, right?" he asked. It didn't seem as if he was well informed, so SiWon nodded and introduced himself quickly.

The teacher nodded with a warm smile. "Alright, SiWon," he said and started the lesson.

"Hey, you!" His seatmate hissed silently and SiWon turned to look at him in confusion. He thought the guy didn't like him, so why did he bother to talk to him now?

"What was your name? S-Si-?" He asked, thinking hard about what he had just said.

SiWon smiled incredulously. He had said it just a minute ago, so if the other guy would have been interested he should know it by now. Still, he repeated. "I'm Choi SiWon."

"Oh...ah, yes, SiWon. I'm KyuHyun."

SiWon nodded absentmindedly. He wasn't interested to talk to him after he had been that cold to him at first. KyuHyun seemed to understand it and apologized. "I'm sorry I wasn't quiet...nice to you at first."

"It's okay, but I'd like to pay attention to the teacher's lesson," SiWon stated, turning back to the board. He smiled to himself when he realized that KyuHyun was kind of shocked that SiWon had just rejected him like that even though he didn't even start to say what he had intended to.

Somehow, SiWon didn't brought himself to like this KyuHyun. He was just unfriendly and disrespectful in his opinion.

It happened that on his first day at the new school, SiWon was lucky enough to have school until 5 pm, so at lunch time, he searched his way to the cafeteria to buy himself some food.

With the plate in his hand, he looked around to find a place to eat. It was crowded and there was one table where only one person sat. SiWon being the not knowing good boy he was, he just went there. The boy didn't seem sad but a little bit lonely maybe.

"Can I sit here?" SiWon asked with his big smile.

The other person's head was down, so SiWon needed a few seconds until he realized that it was the strange guy from his class and that said guy hatd already slightly nodded.

So SiWon thanked him and sat down on the one of the three free chairs left.

"You are in my class, right?" he asked cheerful.

The other one made a strange noise what sounded like a yes. SiWon wondered if his whole class was this disrespectful and vain, like this guy and KyuHyun had just proved.

The new student raised his eyebrows when the other one didn't even look at him once. "What is your name?"

SiWon didn't know if the other one wanted to answer but before he even had a chance to, KyuHyun came to the table. "SiWon, right? I learn. I finally can remember your name. Come with me quickly," he declared and dragged SiWon instantly away.

SiWon didn't fight. KyuHyun seemed to be in a better mood than before. It was almost said nicely like SiWon thought.

When they were far enough away and SiWon was in front of another table with five students already gathered around on chairs talking and eating, KyuHyun explained to SiWon. "You shouldn't talk to that guy. He's the biggest on the whole world, I swear."

SiWon raised an eyebrow. "Seriously?" The guy didn't appeared to be, SiWon thought doubtfully.

KyuHyun nodded. "Sit wíth us, instead," he suggested and SiWon nodded. He
was hungry and he wanted to eat now, so why not agree and eat here? After all, KyuHyun seemed to be really nice.

"So, guys, this is SiWon," KyuHyun introduced him with a somewhat proud smile that SiWon didn't quiet understand.

The other people looked up and smiled at him. "They are all in our class as well. This is SungMin," KyuHyun pointed at the boy next to him who had a cute smile spreading across his face. SiWon nodded with a small smile himself and KyuHyun continued to point at his friends while telling SiWon their names. "RyeoWook, LeeTeuk, DongHae and YeSung." Everyone smiled a friendly smile and now, SiWon's class seemed to be not that bad after all.

"Alright guys, he's new here as you know. We'll help him, right?"

Everyone nodded and SiWon sat down with a relieved smile. While eating, KyuHyun told him more about the current situation in school and about his class. SiWon listened and was amazed about KyuHyun's nature. He wasn't arrogant after all.

After listening a while, SiWon eventually asked about this strange guy that was always alone and called the biggest ever from KyuHyun. Said one smiled. "It's told that he works in a house and as far as I know his family isn't poor."

"Is that true? How old is he then? Not much older than we are. He's in our class, right?" SiWon said and stared at KyuHyun for an answer.

"He's 17."

SiWon's jaw dropped. "With that age?"

KyuHyun nodded knowing. "At least I don't know for sure if it's true although I believe it is. But fact is, he already has got a child!" KyuHyun told SiWon who's eyes widened even more. SiWon was speechless. What kind of boy was that?

"I think, he was 14 when he was pregnant...," KyuHyun added with a emphatical nod making SiWon even more shocked if that was still possible.

"So young?!" SiWon glared at him at a loss of what to say to that. This guy seemed to be perfect for the role as the biggest . KyuHyun was definitely right.

"From where do you know that?" SiWon asked eventually after he had recovered from the shocking things about one of his class mates.

KyuHyun shrugged, suddenly not very interested in the conversation. "He was missing that time back then and our teacher told us," he explained.

SiWon nodded and KyuHyun turned to SungMin and RyeoWook to talk to them now.

SiWon thought about what he had just been told and started to eat again for he had stopped halfway through the conversation with KyuHyun.

"SiWon it is, isn't it?" the guy on the other side next to him asked and SiWon nodded while looking at him. "Uhm...YeSung, right?"

He got a nod and smiled relieved. He praised his memory for remembering his name, too.

"So you're new here. I guess, you are with us from now on?" YeSung asked and SiWon nodded unsure of whether YeSung liked the fact or not but YeSung smiled after that. "Great, a new friend is always nice. If you want to know anything, just ask me, alright?"

SiWon nodded with a thankful smile and YeSung nodded as well, although it was directed to himself. He thought a short while, before he suddenly grinned and leaned closer towards SiWon. "By the way, Kyu is nice, but sometimes disrespectful. Especially when he's annoyed and that happens quiet often, so you shouldn't make him angry, okay? Don't annoy him, instead come to me," YeSung demanded silently with a nice smile and SiWon thanked him. "Alright, thanks for that. I'll remember it."

"Should I show you around in the city today after school?" YeSung suggested and SiWon agreed with an excited "Yeah, that would be great!"

He hadn't had any time to look around in the city yet, so he gladly took YeSung's offer.

YeSung took a look at his watch before he eyed SiWon, then smiled. "The last two lessons now. Lunch time is over," he announced and everyone from their table stood up and together they made their way back to the class room.

SiWon had much more fun for now with KyuHyun next to him and so the lesson passed by quickly.

"So, SiWon, see you tomorrow then," KyuHyun and SungMin said to him after class and went off.

LeeTeuk, RyeoWook and DongHae, who SiWon didn't know really good by now, even waved at him before they left. YeSung smiled at SiWon. "Let's go then," he said and they went out of the building as well.

Outside, SiWon saw this strange guy again. He immediately went slower without realizing.

The , as KyuHyun called him, was alone again. He wasn't sad but had a happy smile on his face and SiWon couldn't stop his thoughts thinking that maybe this guy went to his work to get laid from someone now after school instead of going home and that the smile was due to his anticipation.

SiWon shook his head to erase this thoughts and ran after YeSung who had been a few meters ahead of him by now.

They talked happily and YeSung interrupted sometimes to tell SiWon which building they just had passed by.

"Here's the kindergarden. I think, the 's child is here," YeSung told SiWon with a derogatory look in his eyes directed to the small building.

"This guy is crazy..." SiWon just murmured more to himself. "A child already at this age..."

YeSung nodded. "And there next to the kindergarden is the elementary school."

"Oh, okay."

"There!" YeSung suddenly exclaimed.

SiWon turned his gaze away from the kindergarden and elementary school to follow YeSung's.

"This cafe is very popular in the city here. It's not expensive but still very good. Let's go there," YeSung suggested and SiWon agreed.

They entered the modern building and sat down on a free table. Both ordered coke.

"Tell me something about you guys. I suppose you six are best friends?" SiWon asked. He felt happy to finally have found friends.

YeSung smiled. "Yes, we are."

"Tell me something about you, please. I want to get to know you better," he explained hopefully because he was curious about their life and maybe how his life would go on now.

"Hm, I think Kyu is maybe the hardest to get along with. As I told you earlier, he's stubborn and it's easy to annoy him," YeSung started laughing.

SiWon nodded with a grin. "Yeah. I'll remember that."

"Hm, Teukkie is kind of the motherly type of guy. He's kind of like a girl sometimes. But SungMin and sometimes even RyeoWook act as girls, too. It's funny when they get angry. They scream like girls, like little kids," YeSung told SiWon and they laughed again.

"Let me think, Hae is like a child sometimes. He can be really clever but then he acts as if he's only 4. He gets slightly too often confused," YeSung said and SiWon nodded while trying to imagine the boys like YeSung described them.

"Ah, there is still something." YeSung chuckled. "SungMin, I told you he acts like a girl and our stubborn Kyu likes of course girls like every other boy. But I think there's something between them. Honestly, they are in love with each other. They would never admit it but I'm sure of that. They hide it in public but you just have to pay a little bit more attention to those two and you get what I mean," YeSung said and SiWon's eyes widened.

"Really now? They are in love with each other?!" he repeated, also to realize it for himself.

YeSung nodded, proud that he could tell SiWon something that seemed to be interesting for him.

"They are gay...," SiWon slowly said thoughtfully and YeSung nodded again. "And you?" SiWon asked.

"I'm straight of course!" YeSung exclaimed.

In that moment, the waitress brought the drinks. She smiled at them with a friendly smile and left the table.

SiWon laughed and YeSung looked kind of embarrassed to his drink. It was obvious the waitress had listened to the last part of their conversation.

"Anyway..." YeSung tried to continue with another subject. "What's with you? Do you have a girlfriend?"

SiWon shook his head no.

"Why not?" YeSung asked surprised. SiWon was someone who made a good first impression and seemed to be the perfect boyfriend after all. Then he remembered that SiWon just moved here a few days ago. Maybe if he had had a girlfriend, they probably broke up because they didn't want to have a long-distance-relationship.

SiWon shrugged. "Do you judge them?" he asked with an expecting gaze locked to YeSung's eyes.

"Who? Kyu and SungMin? No no no, of course not! They're still my best friends. I think there's nothing wrong to be gay. Look at them, they love each other and it makes me happy to see them laughing like this," YeSung said immediately and SiWon breathed out in relief.

"Would you judge me?" SiWon slowly asked. It was clearly for YeSung to notice how uneasy the other one was feeling but he couldn't suppress his reaction. "Oh my god, so you're gay, too?!" he asked with a shocked expression on his face.

SiWon swallowed. It didn't seem like YeSung was happy with that the first seconds but it was probably only shock. After all, he smiled a warm smile to SiWon. "No, no. I'm just surprised but as I said, I think there's no problem with being gay," he repeated and SiWon sighed gladly.

"So, do you have a boyfriend then?" Yesung wanted to know. He couldn't help but ask. He knew he was way to curious sometimes, but the other one could still tell if he didn't want to talk about something.

"No, to get it clear. I'm not in any kind of romantic relationship with anyone," SiWon admitted and YeSung nodded.

"Do you love anyone? From the town you came from maybe?"

SiWon shook his head. He didn't even feel uneasy to talk about things like that. He just had no one in mind that he loved in any kind of romantic way.

"Do you already like someone from your new town? Just from handsome looks I mean?" YeSung said and SiWon laughed. "Just to know what kind of boy you prefer," he explained and SiWon laughed even more. "No, not really, but I'll tell you as soon as I find someone, alright?" he suggested and YeSung nodded approvingly.

"But don't tell the other's just yet, please," he said and YeSung nodded once more. "Got it. Thanks for telling me then," YeSung said and they drank the rest of their coke before they payed and returned to the crowded streets outside. YeSung showed him some good stores and a beautiful park and without them noticing, it was already half past 9.

"Oh, , I must go, YeSung. My parents must be worring about me already. I thought I didn't need to call them because I told them this morning that I didn't know how many lessons I have today, but I surely can't be at school untill this hour!" SiWon explained, waved at YeSung and hurried the streets along on his way to his new home.

---[2 - TUESDAY]

The next day, SiWon went to school. He had to go through almost the whole city and so he also passed the kindergarden, the 's child should be in as YeSung had told him the day before. SiWon wondered how a student could be so silly to throw his whole life away like that. He felt sorry for the child. It had to be hard for the kid to live with a father like that guy.

But SiWon couldn't do anything for it anyway so he walked further in the direction of his new school. There he was greeted from his new friends immediately. YeSung, DongHae, LeeTeuk and even KyuHyun who seemed to be in a great mood that day, hugged him. "How are you today, SiWon?"

"I'm fine, thanks," he replied smiling even more. He really was thankful for such good friends he had made in just one day.

"Class starts now, so let's go in. The teacher is coming as well," LeeTeuk said and the seven of them go in to take their seats.

SiWon observed KyuHyun carefully and realized that YeSung had been right. He didn't manage to suppress a happy smile when he noticed SungMin and KyuHyun looking at each other with their loving gaze. SiWon could even feel their love.

"You're right," he whispered to YeSung and nodded slightly to KyuHyun and SungMin and YeSung smirked nodding knowingly before they parted and SiWon sunk down next to KyuHyun in the last row.

"Why are you smiling like that, SiWon?" KyuHyun asked surprised but smiled as well.

SiWon laughed quietly. The teacher had already started the lesson and he didn't want to disturb and be punished on his second day in school after all. Still he answered. "I'm happy. I've found great friends. It's amazing how well you fit together with SungMin,-" As SiWon was talking silently he noticed KyuHyun tense when he mentioned SungMin but he continued. "DongHae, LeeTeuk, RyeoWook and YeSung. And I'm proud that you are my friends now, too," SiWon explained with a smile.

KyuHyun relaxed again and smiled now, too. "We're happy to have a new friend as well. We even could safe you from that . I didn't want to imagine what could have happened to you if we didn't," KyuHyun whispered and SiWon nodded thoughtfully.

He looked to the window where that guy was sitting. He was looking in their direction. In fact, he was watching SiWon but as soon as SiWon looked at him and raised an eyebrow with a disgusted, arrogant look on his face he turned his face away and rested his head in his arms lying on his desk.

SiWon could still not understand that guy. He thought about it once more but he just didn't get it how he could get pregnant with only 14 and after he had his chil still having like that.

This day went much faster and soon it was early afternoon. Today was a day at which SiWon just had classes untill 2, so he didn't have lunch time and just could go home at 2 pm.

On his way home, he saw the kindergarden and how parents picked up their kids. It was so sweet how they ran to their mothers and sometimes even their father's picked them up and they hugged each other. SiWon heard kids shouting "Mom!" or "Daddy!" with happy smiles plastered on their little faces.

"Let's get home," or "How was your day?" or "Are you hungry, baby?" were asked.

"Come, my little princess. I'll cook you something quickly and then we'll visit Grandma, alright?" SiWon heard someone say. It sounded as if the person, the voice belonged to, was quiet young and somehow it was familiar to SiWon. He looked around and in front of him he recognized his class mate taking the hand of one of the little girls and going away with her.

So that was the child of him? Poor thing was all SiWon still thought about but then he realized that the child seemed to be happy as it clung with a bright smile to his father's arm.

"However...," SiWon murmured silently to himself and continued to walk home.

 

 

 

TBC