The Line Between Prejudice And Truth 26th Day

The Line Between Prejudice And Truth

 

[26 - FRIDAY]

SiWon woke up from his phone ringing next to him. He looked at his clock. There was more than one hour before he would have to get up. He cursed silently because who the hell dared to call him at this time? With a sigh, SiWon took his phone. It said YeSung was calling and SiWon prepared to yell at him for calling him at that time as soon as he answered but when he finally did, YeSung's voice was worried, maybe scared and helpless sounding and that made SiWon wait for an excuse first.

"SiWonnie, I know it's early and I'm really sorry for calling you at this time. I just don't know what I should do," YeSung started and his voice was shaking, but SiWon supposed he wasn't crying, at least not yet. "Why? YeSung, what happened?" he asked worried.

"SungMin called me. He had tried to call LeeTeuk but he hadn't answered his phone and even when Min called not his cell phone but his home phone, no one answered. They had send each other text messages before. I don't even know why it had to be the middle of the night, but suddenly Teukkie didn't reply anymore. His phone is off without an explanation and even though Min and him hadn't finished their conversation. And they had talked about suicide. LeeTeuk seemed to be pretty down and SungMin told me that he even thought about suicide right now! And now, neither SungMin nor me can make any contact to him. SiWon...," YeSung whispered his name into the phone and SiWon stared at the wall on the opposite. He was shocked. YeSung didn't lie. He never lied and it didn't sound like a lie.

"I-I try to call him, too. When one of us can contact him, we tell the others, alright?" SiWon asked stuttering and YeSung agreed. Then they hung up.

SiWon sat for a few long seconds just there on his bed, wide awake and trembling. Maybe LeeTeuk only fell asleep but then he wouldn't have time to turn off his phone.

Eventually he dialed LeeTeuk's number and waited. Had it been that bad with him and his ex, SiWon wondered. His heart was beating unordinary fast and threatened to jump out of his chest any second.

SiWon got no answer, LeeTeuk's phone was turned off. He decided to text LeeTeuk to call him back as soon as possible and then he called SungMin.

He immediately answered. "Yes? LeeTeuk? Is it you?" His voice was shaking even more than YeSung's. He was definitely crying.

"No, Min, it's me, SiWon," SiWon said.

"Oh...SiWon? W-Why are you already up?" SungMin asked and tried to sound cheerful. It didn't really work.

"YeSung called me. What happened? Why doesn't LeeTeuk answer his phone?" SiWon wanted to ask SungMin as well because maybe he knew more than YeSung. After all, it was him who had been texting with LeeTeuk.

"S-so you heard? I-I don't know. He doesn't answer. I don't know. SiWon, he said he wanted to kill himself! He had said it would be better if he was dead! That's what he had said, SiWon. I'm so so scared," SungMin sobbed quietly.

"Me, too, Min. I'm scared, too," SiWon told him and SungMin continued. "I know him for so long. SiWon, when he says something he means it, too. He's serious with what he says. SiWon, what should we do?" SungMin asked and cried harder.

"Should I come over? We could go together to LeeTeuk, hm?" SiWon suggested and waited for SungMin to speak again. The other needed a couple of seconds before he answered again. "It's still early, SiWon. I didn't want you to not sleep at this time."

"I know, but now I'm up anyway. So I'll get ready and come to you, alright? Can we meet somewhere near your home then because I still don't know where you're living," SiWon said and SungMin sobbed a silent "Yes," into the phone. "We can meet at the park. You know where it is, right?"

"Yes, I'm on my way. See you then," SiWon said. Then they hung up and SiWon hurried to get out of his bed and get dressed after a really short shower. He made a note for his mom to let her know, he's already out for school, before he took his school bag and left for the park.

When he arrived there, SungMin sat already on a bench with his face burried in his hands.

"SungMin," SiWon whispered and touched his friend's back carefully, rubbing it slightly to calm him down.

SungMin finally looked up and SiWon pulled him up to stand, so that they could go to LeeTeuk. SiWon wiped the tears away and they walked along the road in silence.

"There he lives," SungMin told SiWon and pointed at the house in front of them.

"Should we ring the bell?" SiWon asked and SungMin shrugged, then nodded. "There's no other way. It's so not like Teukkie to just turn off his phone and sleep without wishing a good night or anything," SungMin stated and so SiWon stepped forward to ring the bell.

It took over one minute before the door was finally opened by LeeTeuk's mother.

She looked at them and recognized SungMin. She raised her eyebrows in surprise and confusion. "SungMin, why are you here? It's even too early for school," she stated in concern at the sight of the student. "Are you crying? Is something wrong?" she asked and got worried.

"I-Is LeeTeuk there?" SungMin finally managed to say and LeeTeuk's mother seemed even more confused. "Of course he is. He's sleeping in his room. Do you need anything from him right now? Ah, first come in you two," she said. SiWon was really relieved that she was this kind towards them even though they disturbed her sleep at this time in the morning.

They thanked her and she told them to sit down in the kitchen while she would go and get her son to stand up and greet his friends.

Minutes passed before she returned without her son. Her face was pale.

"W-Why are you here? Did anything bad happen?" she asked and her voice was shaking.

"We don't know, that is the reason why we're here," SiWon explained.

"He isn't in his bed," she suddenly said and her eyes were empty. SiWon jumped up and SungMin with him. SungMin ran to LeeTeuk's room, SiWon following him. The room was empty. LeeTeuk wasn't there.

"SiWon, where is he? Where is he? Where is LeeTeuk, SiWon?" SungMin asked, starting to hyperventilate.

"God, SungMin, calm down. We'll find him, okay? Just...relax," SiWon said but SungMin glared at him. "What?! How could I relax when our friend is missing?!" SungMin almost screamed by now.

SiWon let his gaze fly over the desk and the little table near LeeTeuk's bed in hope to find a note or anything.

And to his relief, there actually was a note on the desk. SiWon helped SungMin to sit down on the bed to calm down and went over to the desk to look if it was related to LeeTeuk missing. And it really was.

"MinJee & I are out. Min knows. -Teukie

was standing on the note. SiWon looked at it in confusion.

"Who's MinJee?" he asked out loud and SungMin looked at him in shock. "It's the name of his ex. Why? Have you found anything?" he asked and jumped up and towards SiWon who nodded.

"Look," he said and showed it to his friend. "But I don't understand it. What does she know? Where he is or what?" SiWon added in even more confusion now.

SungMin stared at the note for a long time, just staring without a word.

"And?" SiWon asked and looked at his friend who was still thinking.

"I don't know what it should help that she knows. What does she even know?" SungMin wondered loudly and SiWon shrugged with his shoulders. He looked at the note as if there would be a secret meaning popping up out of the blue.

Suddenly he understood it. ", how stupid of me!" he exclaimed and SungMin looked at him in question. "It's not MinJee. It's you. You know...but what? Do you know where they could be? Has he told you anything before?" SiWon's expression was serious and his heart was racing. He really hoped that LeeTeuk meant SungMin and that he had told him something important, so that they would find him.

SungMin nodded in understandment and thought about it. "I just know the club where they always go. That's what Teukie had told me a few weeks ago," he stated and suddenly his eyes widened. "Yeah, he has to be there!" he yelled and took SiWon's hand to drag him out of the house. They told LeeTeuk's mother not to worry and that they knew where her son was, although they couldn't be completely sure of it right now. They would call her or anything if they had found LeeTeuk and she nodded. "Thanks. He's never away just like this in the middle of the night. He was always such a good boy," she murmured and SiWon smiled at her before he and SungMin went out.

On their way, SiWon remembered YeSung. "Min, we have to call YeSung. I told him I would if we found out anything," he said and took out his phone.

"Yeah, I'll call Kyu, okay? But should we call Wookie and Hae as well? No, right? Because I don't want them to worry," SungMin explained and SiWon agreed immediately, already dialing YeSung's number.

YeSung answered instantly and SiWon explained everything.

"Min, sorry for interrupting your conversation with Kyu, but where are we going? Where should we meet them? What should I tell YeSung?" SiWon asked and SungMin told him to say YeSung that he should come to their favourite café and wait there.

SiWon told YeSung and they hung up. SungMin and SiWon continued to walk while SungMin was still talking with Kyu on the phone. He seemed to visible calm down due to KyuHyun's voice and maybe due to what the other was saying, too.

Only when they reached said café and SungMin could see KyuHyun walking towards them, he hung up and ran towards him to hug him like a little kid.

YeSung who sat on a bench in front of the building stood up as well to come to his friends.

"Hey," SiWon murmured and YeSung forced a smile. "Hey..."

"We decided not to call Hae or Wookie, so they don't need to worry, too. And Kyu is here because SungMin needed some comfort," SiWon explained and YeSung nodded.

"Hey," KyuHyun greeted his other friends as well and they followed SungMin to the club he mentioned before. The streets were empty. No one was up at that time and it was still quiet dark.

"There it is," SungMin eventually said when they reached exactly that building, SiWon knew, HeeChul's uncle owned.

"Do you really think he's here?" asked YeSung hesitantly and SungMin nodded slowly but with a serious expression.

Finally they entered the building. SiWon saw KyuHyun's hand touching SungMin's for not even a second but it was enough to let him feel safe and SiWon wished HeeChul would be here with him although he felt uneasy to know that this belonged to his uncle.

They looked around. There were still people from the day before, still partying and SiWon raised an eyebrow. They all looked quiet young but nowhere was LeeTeuk.

"He's not here," KyuHyun whispered in that same moment, but SungMin stopped him from going. He tensed and YeSung seemed to feel the same.

"There," YeSung nodded with his head to a group of boys and girls that were obviously quiet drunk.

SiWon and KyuHyun looked at them with confusion.

"That girl with the black short dress, this ty is MinJee," YeSung explained and SungMin nodded.

SiWon stared at her. "Obviously drunk. But Teukie isn't with her. What should we do now?" he asked, tearing his gaze away from her and to his friends next to him. SiWon felt uncomfortable in here because he knew exactly what this was and he didn't want to be here. He was relieved to have his friends next to him and he wanted out of here as soon as possible.

No one answered his question though but SungMin clung to KyuHyun's arm what SiWon found more than surprising because they never showed their love in public that obvious and YeSung started to go to her. He pulled her harshly away from the group and pinned her against the wall in a hallway.

SiWon followed him with KyuHyun and SungMin and they watched their friend who was deep in the conversation with her, getting angry.

"So, what? Wanna see how I beat you up?" YeSung hissed and SiWon raised an eyebrow in shock.

By now, SiWon wondered if YeSung and MinJee knew each other because she seemed to think that he would really do that. The same question asked SiWon KyuHyun and SungMin next to him silently and while SungMin shrugged, KyuHyun nodded. "Yeah, they do. I suppose they had a affair once," he whispered back.

"He's up there where I left him. He couldn't continue our little party, so I went down to continue on my own with the others," SiWon heard her explain with a smirk and hate filled him.

YeSung shoved her hard and she stumbled, almost falling down but catched herself in the last moment. She was still smirking a cold smirk.

Ice princess was how SiWon would call her and sending her in a desert with pleasure. She had deserved it. He immediately hated her and his hate grow when he thought of how much she had hurt LeeTeuk.

YeSung groaned and with SiWon, KyuHyun and SungMin, he went upstairs.

They decided to listen to noises that came from the room behind each door before they finally reached a door where it was all quiet behind.

YeSung knocked softly on the wood. SiWon knew he was almost as nervous as himself and SungMin and KyuHyun clung on each other, unsure of what to expect if they found their friend.

There was no answer and YeSung opened the door slowly. He peeked through the little opening and spotted LeeTeuk. His eyes went wide and he opened the door fully. Now SiWon's, KyuHyun's and SungMin's jaw dropped as well from the sight of LeeTeuk lying on the bed, and bleeding.

"God! LeeTeuk! LeeTeuk!!" SiWon yelled and ran towards him. YeSung was frozen on his spot due to the shock and KyuHyun couldn't approach their friend as well because SungMin had collapsed and started to cry again, so KyuHyun had to hold and comfort him.

SiWon shook LeeTeuk carefully. His wounds weren't that big. There were more little cuts and scratches.

In that moment, someone from behind gasped and ran to SiWon's side.

It was a man. SiWon had seen him before. He needed a few minutes before he eventually recongnized him as HeeChul's uncle.

"What happened?" he asked and put his phone out of his pocket, already dialing the number of an ambulance.

SiWon took LeeTeuk's hand, hoping it would help and he would wake up. The man next to him took a blanket and put it around LeeTeuk.

"I'm the owner of this club, so can you please tell me what had happened?" he asked sternly but SiWon apologized, "I'm sorry, but we also don't know."

---

"How are we supposed to go to school and concentrate on the lesson while Teukie is in the hospital and we aren't allowed to stay with him?" YeSung exclaimed frustrated and SiWon just shrugged.

SungMin had calmed down again and after KyuHyun had helped him to hid his tears as good as possible, they had followed YeSung and SiWon to school.

"Where's Teukie?" was the first question from DongHae and RyeoWook because LeeTeuk should have arrived at school by now.

SiWon sighed silently but refused to answer because SungMin knew probably more. He looked at him, telling him to reply, so SungMin nodded slightly. "He's in hospital," he murmured quietly and DongHae's and RyeoWook's reaction was almost the same because both were shocked and worried.

"Why?" RyeoWook was finally able to speak again after the shock and looked at SungMin in concern.

So SungMin started to tell them what had happened the morning.

"I still wonder what really had happened to Teukie...," whispered YeSung, lost in his thoughts, to SiWon.

"Yeah, me too," he answered.

The teacher arrived and they all went into the classroom even though DongHae was still the most shocked and kept asking things that no one could answer him like "Why did he go with her? Why was she there? Why had he all this cuts and scratches?"

---

It was lunch time again and SiWon hadn't thought of HeeChul just once because he was too worried for LeeTeuk.

", I can't take it. I can't sit here in school when I know our friend is in hospital!" DongHae exclaimed. The atmosphere was tense. SiWon nodded slowly.

"Tell the teacher I feel sick or whatever, okay?" DongHae told his friends and stood up.

"Where are you going, Hae?" RyeoWook asked, now worried for him, too.

"I go to the hospital," he replied and took his bag.

"Wait, I go with you," SiWon said. He knew he shouldn't do this. After all, he was still new here in town and at this school and the teachers wouldn't be pleased to see him skip school already but he felt like DongHae. He couldn't just sit here and let the time pass when he knew that LeeTeuk was in hospital.

"SiWon! Stop! You two can't-" YeSung shouted after them but SiWon and DongHae had already left.

", what had even happened? What has she done?" DongHae kept asking but SiWon just shrugged. "God, Hae, I don't know it! Stop asking things I don't know!!!" he almost shouted back.

DongHae stopped and looked at him with a shocked and maybe even hurt expression.

"Sorry," SiWon muttured. "But I really don't know and I'm nervous and annoyed of her and..., Hae, let's hurry. I want to see LeeTeuk," he declared and DongHae just nodded without a word, running with SiWon towards the hospital.

There they had to ask for LeeTeuk at the reception and the woman there told them the room number. So DongHae ran to the stairs and SiWon followed him. He had been here already but he didn't know the hospital as good as DongHae seemed to know because he seemed to know where the room was.

They arrived at a door with the same number and DongHae looked back at SiWon who nodded and told him with that that they should knock and enter.

So DongHae knocked and opened the door.

LeeTeuk was lying in a bed next to the window and looked out in the sky.

"Teukie," was the only thing SiWon was able to say and he hurried at his side with DongHae next to him.

LeeTeuk seemed to not have heard the knock because he was surprised when SiWon was suddenly next to him, holding his hand carefully and observing him.

LeeTeuk smiled. "Thanks. I was told you had called the ambulance, right?"

"Actually it was the owner of the club," SiWon said truthfully and LeeTeuk nodded. "However. I'm still thankful," he said and let SiWon squeeze his hand gently.

DongHae finally snapped out of his shock and hugged LeeTeuk relieved.

"Ah, Hae, stop, it hurts," LeeTeuk managed to say through clenched teeth.

DongHae let go of his friend immediately and eyed him in concern.

LeeTeuk's right arm was bandaged but the other cuts were already healing and not that red anymore but still visible.

"How are you feeling?" SiWon asked him, still very worried but LeeTeuk smiled again. "I'm fine. Thanks to you, he answered and added: "But shouldn't you two be in school right now?" he asked with a smirk.

SiWon chuckled and DongHae groaned. "Oh, just shut up. Be happy that we care for you this much and wanted to visit you."

LeeTeuk laughed. "I am. I was just asking," he murmured and SiWon let out a relieved sigh because LeeTeuk really seemed to feel better already.

When SiWon looked at LeeTeuk he wondered what had happened this morning with his girlfriend but he didn't dare to ask. He wanted LeeTeuk to feel much better first.

But of course there was DongHae who couldn't wait. "Teukie, what had happened to you?"

LeeTeuk's smile disappeared immediately and he sighed in defeat. "I was texting with Min when all of a sudden my ex called. She forced me to go with her because she knows I can't resist her. She dragged me with her to this ing club and she made me drunk until I couldn't feel anything anymore. Then she and her friends brought me to a room upstairs and...I can't remember. There was a knife and blood and then...nothing," LeeTeuk murmured the last part quietly and looked away. "But there is something good about this. I think finally I'm really able to forget her after this much pain I received from her. I guess this was just the shock that I really needed," LeeTeuk explained and looked up at his friends again.

SiWon and DongHae were stunned when their eyes met with LeeTeuk's.

"Don't worry, I'm over her now," LeeTeuk had to repeat it a few times before they believed him.

---

"I think, Wookie, Min, Kyu and YeSung will visit you later as well," SiWon told LeeTeuk. It was in the afternoon and he and DongHae had to go home.

"Alright," LeeTeuk said and grinned.

"And never shock us like today ever again," DongHae warned and SiWon nodded. "Never, understood?" he asked and LeeTeuk laughed. "No, I won't," he said and they waved goodbye to each other before SiWon and DongHae left.

After that SiWon and DongHae parted as well.

"See you tomorrow," SiWon stated with a smile and DongHae nodded. "Yeah, see you," he replied and SiWon went home.

It was only then that he finally thought of HeeChul. He was kind of his boyfriend now. Actually he was his boyfriend.

When SiWon arrived at home, he apologized to his mother for coming home late and she smiled because she thought it was because her son had been with his girlfriend.

"SiWon, your father will come home on Sunday," SiWon's mother announced and SiWon looked at her with an excited smile. "Seriously? When was the last time he was home? Probably two weeks ago, right?"

His mother nodded. "Yes, so we'll pick him up at 1 pm at the airport together, okay?" she asked and SiWon agreed happily.

SiWon looked at the clock after he reached his room. He remembered that SungMin had told him to come with them after school to their café but because of LeeTeuk he hadn't been able to do so, today, too. He decided for himself to make it up with inviting them tomorrow and after that they could visit LeeTeuk or maybe they would go to the hospital first and if LeeTeuk was feeling good they could go to the cafereria there all together.

But for calling to share his idea it was already too late and so it was also too late to call HeeChul. He knew when HeeChul would come home from work he was tired and just wanted to sleep. HeeChul had a busy life anyway because he always had to take care of his daughter but he was doing a great job, SiWon thought with a smile.

 

TBC