Teardrops

Snowflakes

The silence is deafening.

The bed creaks as I felt the weight shifting.  In seconds, his hands are on either side of my head and my torso between his legs.  His arms support him just enough that the only thing touching me is the feather light feeling of his loose shirt on my stomach.  Slowly, his face inches closer to mine; my head spins, my breath catches in my throat and the only rational thing I can do it close my eyes.  I can feel his sweet breath ghost over my skin as he stops over my ear, so close that I swear his lips are almost touching it.

“Do you like me?” he repeats.  This time his voice is low, the husky sound not helping the small problem forming in my pants.

My brain loses the ability to form words as I gulp.  We stay in this position for what seems like hours, the feeling of his body heat is addicting and his hot breath sends goosebumps down my spine every time he exhales.  What I think is a low growl coming from Luhan’s throat turns into a light chuckle.  The weight from around my head on torso leave as he gets up from the bed, sighing as he stretches his arms upward as if he just woke up from a nap.  I can’t help but stare at the milky skin revealed by the oversized shirt I don’t remember him changing into-although I’m glad he did-as he looks at me with wide, eager eyes.

“Let’s get started on that project!” he says excitedly.

I only nod my head, still slightly unable to form any words.

The rest of the afternoon continued on as nonchalantly as it had began.  Luhan was back to his normal self almost as if nothing had ever happened.  After mulling over whether I should as about it or not, I decide to do the same.  Instead, I take the opportunity to enjoy my first time at a friend’s house.  I never had many friends as a child, and even when my mother had arranged play dates with our neighbors, I never really had any fun.  With Luhan, it’s different.  We laugh at stupid things, watch TV and surf the web.  We spend hours just talking, although it was mostly Luhan doing the talking.

I learn that his favorite color is aqua blue, which would explain the wall color choice.  He used to live with his mother and sister after his father had left them when he was only 3 and his sister was 5.  His mother’s name is ChingLan and his sister’s name was BaoYu.  They were a happy family until his sister was hit by a car walking home from school.  The driver took off and left his sister to die on the street.  Luckily, another driver found her not too long after and took her to the hospital where she spent a year coma.  Luhan’s eyes sparkle as he talks about how funny his sister was.  His mother spent her time working two jobs to support them, so Luhan and Baoyu were alone most of the time.  She was everything to him; his sister, best friend, and mother.  He laughs thinking about all the times she would take care of him when he was sick, usually because he was too stubborn to go outside with a jacket on.  After she was hit, he would visit her in the hospital everyday after school and tell her about what was going on.  He was convinced that she could hear him even though she was asleep.  

My eyes water as he goes on about his sister.  How could someone as beautiful and happy as Luhan go through so much pain, but still be able to smile as widely and sincerely as he does?  It isn’t until now do I understand how strong he has been his entire life.

“Hmm.. so what do you want for di-”

Luhan is cut off as I timidly wrap my arms around him.  I hold him tightly and fit my head in the crook of his neck, fitting together like a puzzle piece.  I close my eyes and inhale his sweet honey scent,  holding his fragile body in my arms so carefully because I feel I might break him.  We stay like this; no words said or needed.  I only hold him closer when I feel his tears fall gently onto my shoulder.  I can’t look at him because I know if I did, I wouldn’t be able to take it.  I wish that he could know how much I want to be there for him; to hold him when he feels tired, to take care of him when he gets sick, to make him smile when he only wants to cry.  I want to be there for him just like his sister so he never has to be alone ever again.

“I’ll eat whatever you have,” I whisper into his ear, my heart lightening when he chuckles and wipes his tears.

In no time at all, blackness takes over the once blue sky.  I still don’t really like the idea of me staying over for the night because I’m sure I would be a burden to Luhan and his mother, but she insists that it would be no trouble at all and that Luhan hasn’t had a friend over in a while.  I finally give in, although I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t be able to say no to Luhan, and borrow some loose sweatpants and shirt to get ready for bed.  I don’t complain when he tells me he likes to sleep without a shirt on, totally welcome to the idea of a shirtless Luhan.  Unfortunately, I have to make sure not to stare for too long because I’m positive I wouldn’t want to have a “little problem” while sleeping next to said shirtless man.  

I lie in bed, listening to my angel’s shallow breathing, staring once again at the pattern above my head that’s hard to see now that the only illumination is the hallway light.  I think about the question that he asked earlier.  Do I like him?  I think for a minute before turning to face him; his porcelain skin almost glowing in the small crack of light from the hallway, bow lips slightly parted and chocolate brown eyes hidden by milky eyelids.

“No,” I whisper to the sleeping figure.

 


“I love you.”

 

 

 

 

A/N
okay the beginning was pretty awkward to write LOL
not sure how I'm going to be able to write for this
*hinthint*
i just found out that Luhan is actually 4 years older than Kai.....
PLEASE IGNORE THAT FACT FOR THE SAKE OF THE STORY!!!

 

HOW IS THIS BABY 22 YEARS OLD!?!?