Monday Morning

Snowflakes

Note:  here's a stupid short chapter that I wrote during class :P

 

 

 


The second time I wake up is slightly more pleasant than the first.  The sun pokes through the panelled blinds, warmth hitting my skin and waking me from my slumber.  My arms are around Luhan’s dainty waist, holding his body close to mine as our deep breaths entangle with each other.  My lips moisten from the condensation and my leg muscles ache slightly from the awkward position they were in for the past two hours.  The small clock reads 5 am, and as much as I would love to watch Luhan's beautiful sleeping face, I decide it would be best to get up and make some breakfast before school.



The fridge has just enough eggs for the both of us, and even some veggies for an omelette.  The stove comes to life with a slight click, the flames flying from the metal until they die down to a slight simmer.  I find a burnt-black pan in the pantry and crack the eggs, the yolk spilling out followed by the white liquid.  Above the sound of the cooking eggs and my knife hitting the wooden board as it cuts through the peppers is the sound of the sink in my small bathroom running and the hum of a familiar tune.  A smile turns the corners of my mouth as I hear Luhan's beautiful voice sing the lyrics of an old folk song I used to know all the words to but have long since forgotten.  I spill the veggies onto the egg and gingerly fold it in half to produce an omelette big enough for two.


"Wow, it smells great."


"Thanks, I try~"


We eat as quick as we can, the time passing faster than we hope.  It isn't long until Luhan is hopping through the apartment with a shoe in one hand and an extra toothbrush in the other while I struggle to pull my shirt down and towel dry my hair at the same time.  By the time it's time to go, both of us run out of the building already out of breath after having to run back up the stairs to fish Luhan's phone from under the couch.  We take off down the street, jumping over fire hydrants and dodging bike riders along the way.  Both of our faces are cherry red, breath coming out in small puffs as we near the gates of the school.


"Go on without me!!!" screams Luhan as he pretends to fall onto his knees, hands reaching out toward me in a feigned attempt to call for help.


"I would never leave you behind!!" I call back to him, running toward him in slow motion.


We both laugh and embrace each other, hands clutching to the back of each others jackets.  Instead of letting go, I pick him up bridal style, ignoring the pleas to put him down, and carry him through the gate of the school.  Luhan's hands clutch my neck for dear life as I spin him around, his long legs dangling from my forearm.  The five minute bell rings, both of us looking at each other before I practically race toward the door with Luhan still in my arms.  He practically screams as I jump up the steps, threatening to drop him with every step while I laugh at his childish reaction.  The doors begin to screech shut just as I pass through the threshold, Luhan jumping from my arms to kiss the solid ground he missed during our five minute adventure.


"Safe!!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N
blehhh sorry it's short and fluffy and useless T.T
I wrote this when I was supposed to be doing research...
blergh I hope I get my internet soon