Invisible

Snowflakes

A/N part 1
the vote for was actually half and half
but I feel like the people who wanted it were just a LITTLE
so here's a free chapter for you all~

 

 

Our hands interlocked, we walk from the park and stumble upon a cafe.  Although it isn’t as colorful as the ice cream parlor, it’s small and comfortable and, most importantly, warm.  It’s not very busy other than a few people here and there, so we take a free table by the window, not too far from the fireplace, and shed our jackets.  A silence blankets us though it isn’t necessarily uncomfortable.  I stare out of the window at the white covered sidewalks and slushy streets, watching as cars stop at the corner and take off.  It isn’t until a few minutes later that a waitress approaches our table.

Her hair falls like a chocolate colored silk curtain, framing her face in spiked layers.  Her pale skin is flawless, the extent of her makeup being only a small hint of eyeshadow gracing her eyelids and a light gloss on her lips.  Her name card reads “EunKyung,” a name meaning grace and honor which surely fits her appearance.  As she walks toward our table, I see her look toward Luhan, her eyes widening before returning to their perfect oval shape.  

“Hello there!” she says cheerfully.  Even her voice is beautiful.
“Would you like anything to drink?”

I can tell her question is directed toward Luhan, considering he’s the only thing she can look at.  I watch Luhan look up at her, breaking a breathtaking smile while stating his order.

“I’ll take a hot chocolate, thank you.”

“No problem.  I’ll be right back!”

I’ve always been invisible.  On the outside looking in.  So when she leaves without taking my order I’m not exactly surprised by her lack of acknowledging my existence- I’m used to it by now.  I look down at the table, tracing the swirling pattern of the wood with my fingers.  

“She didn’t take your order,” Luhan says to me.

“I-it’s fine,” I say, “I’m not really thirsty anyway.”

I can tell he wants to say more, but is cut off by the waitress placing a mug on the table, steam rising from the top and disappearing into the air.

“Ummm,” I can see the small blush form on her cheeks while she holds a piece of paper in her hand.  “Here’s my number in case you would like to call me.”

My heart drops to my stomach.  I know I don’t mean anything to him.  I know I’m useless and stupid, and I know that he would never care about me like I care about him. But I can’t help the tears that well up in my eyes and cloud my vision.  I can’t help but want to disappear.

“Thanks,” Luhan says.

 

 

“But I don’t think it would be a good idea to accept your number in front of my boyfriend.”

 

 

 

 

A/N part 2
lol another short chapter
sorry guize T.T
I swear the next chapter will be better!!

here's some lukai for you to make up for it 

/runs away