Aqua blue

Snowflakes

Once again, I’m staring at the clock, but this time I’m thinking about the angel I found yesterday.  I still can’t get his perfect face out of my head.  Sadly, the teacher begins saying something that I’m too lazy to listen to until I hear “partner project.”

Oh .

I absolutely hate partner project.  The thought of someone having to bear being near me scares me.  I don’t want anyone to have to go through that.  Do teachers really think that having partner projects would really help anything?  I’d rather work by myself and save others the trouble of being around me.

The teacher drones on about how important this project is, how much it’s worth, and that we have to do our best blahblahblah...  Having completely bored us to death, she decides it’s time to read of the names of our assigned partners.  Her lips move and I can’t hear anything until she calls my name.

“Kai and Luhan”

Luhan?  I don’t think I’ve ever heard that name before.  It’s not like I really talk to anyone long enough to learn their names anyway.  Maybe they’re sick and can’t do anything for the project.  Maybe they’ve been kidnapped by panda pirates and taken to a remote island to be treated as their ruler.  Maybe they were kayaking down the Nile river and was attacked by a band of ninjas.  Anything that would prevent them from coming in contact with me.

“Ok students get to your partners.”

I stay still in my seat, eyes closed hoping that maybe for once I would finally disappear.  Unfortunately, I fail at making myself vanish, making a mental note to work on that later.  When I open my eyes, I’m surprised by the familiar pools of dark brown that meet mine just a few inches from my face.  For a second, I drown in them, forgetting that the rest of the world existed until I felt his sweet breath hit my face.

“I’m Luhan,” he says finally.

“I’m Kai,” I say for what seems like the first time in my life.

“Sorry about yesterday,” he says with a tinge of sadness engulfing his voice, “I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“N-no, really, I thought that I was being the creepy one,” I say, pulling myself back to a comfortable distance from him.  

I didn’t want to have to burden him with every blemish that invades my face.
The bell rings, this time without me watching the clock.  Luhan looks at the clock then at his watch, almost as if he thought the school clock wouldn’t be trustworthy, and gets up from his seat.  Right when I feel like I could get to know someone, I have to ruin it with my stupid mouth.

I stuff my books into my bag and throw on my coat and scarf before walking out of the classroom.

Right when I pass the threshold of the doorway, my hand is swallowed by another, pulling me with it.  I look at my kidnapper to see the angel pulling me toward the exit.  

“W-wait, I forgot my books.”

Luhan ignores my plea and drags me out of the metal doors and onto the same snow covered sidewalk.  Finally, he lets go of my hand.  For some reason, I feel sorta disappointed that he let go.

I decide not to ask questions and simply follow the angel wherever he goes.  I realize that I never actually looked at him.  He’s about my height if not shorter, but definitely more beautiful than I could ever hope to be.  His long, perfectly shaped legs are hugged by a pair of tight black jeans tucked into gray boots.  A gray, heavy winter jacket covered his torso and was way too puffy for him.  I chuckled at the thought of him toppling over because of his ginormous jacket.

“What’s so funny?” Luhan asks, walking backwards to look at me.

“Nothing,” I say relatively nonchalantly, “where are we going?”

“You’ll see~” he says, turning back around to skip in front of me.

After about twenty minutes of walking we end up in front of a small building on the corner of a street I’ve never heard of.
“Wait,” I say, “is this an ice cream parlor?!”

“Mhmm!” Luhan replies excitedly, almost jumping.

“But it’s the middle of winter..” I say half-heartedly, “this isn’t exactly the right time to be having ice cream.”

“Is there a right time for deliciousness?” He asks, genuinely puzzled.

I don’t really have a response, so instead I simply follow him into the shop.
What hits me first are the seafoam green walls.  Followed closely by the bright pink trim and aqua blue windowsills to match my scarf.  The light brown shelves are adorned by rows and rows of rainbow colored candy and the white ice cream counter stuffed with over 20 flavors.  I felt like I’ve been transported back in time to one of those 70’s joints and I ponder over what theme song I would play in the jukebox.

Luhan shakes me from my daydream, grabbing my jacket and pointing at every flavor.  He looked like a child in a candy shop and I couldn’t help but smile at the way he pressed his nose against the glass in a futile attempt to get to the ice cream that lie underneath.  We finally chose our flavors, me with simple mint chocolate chip and Luhan with Birthday Cake, and realize it isn’t the best idea to walk outside in the snow with ice cream cones.  Lucky for us, the bus stop is just down the block and the tiny heater installed above the bench is working just enough to keep us from freezing.  

We finish the last of our cones off in a matter of minutes and simply wait on the bench.  I close my eyes and bask in the warmth of the heater when I feel something on my left shoulder.  I look down to see Luhan’s angelic face, eyes closed and a mouth open enough to let his visible hot breath out, leaning on me.  

“Thank you for the ice cream,” he says in a small, barely audible voice.

“No, thank you.”

 

 

 

A/N
here's a longer chapter..
hopefully it's better and fluffier than the first ^^