Morning breeze

Snowflakes

 

 

 

 

The sound resonates throughout my tiny apartment, ringing in my ears and causing my eyes to flutter open in annoyance.  The light from my small boxed window pierces through my dreary room, practically blinding me.  I throw the covers off of my body,  not even bothering to put a shirt on; the person who dare wake me up this early will have to deal with it.  I walk slowly toward the source of the noise when the knocking happens again, this time louder than the last, causinng me to rush irritatedly to find who is causing the noise.  The hinges scream as I pull the door open, my anger suddenly flushing out from me as my eyes are met by a reed-woven basket being shoved in my face.  A small face peeks out from behind, my favorite pair of eyes just barely meeting mine.


"Good morning~"

_________________________________________________________



Luhan plops the ginormous basket onto my bed before sprawling out next to it.


"Don't worry, it isn't cold outside!"


I look at him in disbelief, recalling the last time he said that followed by us having to find shelter in a park bathroom to protect ourselves from the bitter wind that could blow down a sumo wrestler.


"No I'm serious this time!"


"Does that mean you weren't serious last time!?"


After tickle punishing Luhan until he called mercy, I decide to believe him one more time.  This time, I play it safe with a light sweater and some jeans, hoping that it'll be enough in case Luhan is delusional again.  I look at Luhan, clad in a yellow polo and some khaki shorts and can't help but laugh at his completely hairless legs.


"They're fit for a woman!"


"Shut up!" Luhan says accompanied by a weak attempt to punch my shoulder.

 

I chuckle and ruffle his hair before planting a kiss on his pouting lips.


"They're adorable."


The early rising birds chirp an unknown melody, the leaves rustling along and the basket that hits Luhan's leg keeps the steady beat.  Luckily, Luhan was right about the beautiful weather.  The rising sun just barely scootching past the horizon warms my skin while the wind sends a cool breeze against my face. The feeling of Luhan's fingers intertwined with mine are just the icing on top of this beautiful morning.  


We walk in silence, me following Luhan to wherever he feels like taking me.  Soon enough we arrive at an unfamiliar location- what seems to be a small park- and Luhan begins to unfold the blanket to lay on the grass.  The sheet makes a wooshing noise as the breeze straightens it out in the air before it falls perfectly to the ground.  Luhan sheds his shoes before sitting on the blanket and he begins to take out a few bins from the basket.  I decide to do the same, shedding my sweater in the process, and find myself spreading peanut butter and jelly on a few pieces of white bread.  Soon enough, the entire blanket is covered in a rainbow of food; red grapes and strawberries, pink and green watermelon slices, blueberries and cherries, and a few sandwiches.


"Wow," I say what seems to be my immediate response to what lie in front of me, "when you have time to prepare all of this?"


"This morning."


Before asking anymore questions, Luhan shoves a strawberry in my mouth.


"Just enjoy it~"


I fill my plate up, not holding back on anything, and dig in.  The berries taste like heaven in my mouth,  their sweet juices flooding my mouth with pure flavor.  


"Why now?"


"What do you mean?"


"I mean you must've woken up super early to make all of this.  We didn't have to go this early, I mean it would've been warmer if we had gone closer to noon, right?"


Luhan covered his mouth as a slight pink shade broke out over his cheeks.


"I just..," he says, looking everywhere but at me, "I just couldn't wait to see you."


I put down my food and lean toward him, pressing my lips against his before pulling away to look at him.  I chuckle slightly at his still flustered expression.


"I'm happy you couldn't," I say, using my thumb to wipe some watermelon juice from his mouth, "even if it meant waking up early on a Saturday."


The dew from the grass makes the blanket slightly damp, seeping through the fabric and onto our shirts as we lie on it.  The leftover food already packed back into the basket, Luhan nuzzles on my chest lying on his side while I lie on my back facing the sky, one hand around Luhan's shoulders and the other behind my head.  I think about the first time we did this, lying on the ground and watching the sky, and it seems so much more than a month ago.  I still can't believe that someone like Luhan could have feelings for someone like me. No matter what radioactive waste, mutant spiders, or magic spell caused him to waste his time with me, I couldn't be happier that it did.


______________


"Again?  But we just ate lunch!"


"That doesn't mean I'm not thirsty!"


I sigh in defeat and follow Luhan to one of the small stands that are littered across the strip mall.  


"Two hot chocolates please!"


"What? I never asked for one!"


The cashier hands over two cups to Luhan who bows before handing me one.


"Just take it," he says, waving the steaming cup in front of my face, "you know you want some~"


I give in and take the cup, causing Luhan to look at me with an "I told you so" face that I hate to love.  His free hand grabs mine as we continue to walk through the dimly lit strip mall, the brisk wind turning our noses and cheeks pink.  Soon the strip mall turns into a forest trail.  The canopy of trees scatter the moonlight across the path in front of us, leaving us with just enough light to keep ourselves from tripping over the uneven ground.  I jump at the first bench we see, my arms tired from carrying all the shopping bags we accumulated during our shopping spree.  


"But you're going to get sick," he says as I drape my sweater over his shoulders.


"Better me than you."


He doesn't say anything else, understanding that he won't be able to persuade me otherwise.  Instead, he wraps his arms around my shoulders, holding his chest close to mine and fitting his nose in the crook of my neck.


“Better?”


I chuckle and wrap my arms around him, basking in the warmth of his body.


“Wait,” I say, pulling him from me for a second.
I take out my bag from under the bench, the buckles rattling as I pull it onto my lap.  I retrieve a small plastic bag and pull out its contents.  Luhan looks at the fabric quizzically before I pull it over his head.  Luhan embraces me again, this time excitedly jumping on my lap.  I laughed and pulled his face close to mine, pressing my lips against his.  




“Happy anniversary, Luhan.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N
oh hai guize
a double update? ohohoho~
jk this is just nother useless fluffy chappie...
I PROMISE TO HAVE A BETTER ONE SOON!!!