Memories

Snowflakes

Luhan’s body fits perfectly with mine; his back to my chest, our long legs tangled in each other.  It’s a miracle we both were able to fit on my tiny couch together, although my couch is considerably larger than my own bed.  His hair tickled my chin and mouth, his sweet honey scent trickling into my nose, intoxicating me.  My arm that dangles from his waist rises and falls with every breath he takes, his exhales being the only sound besides the rustling of keys in the hallway that disappears in an instant.  The silence rings in my ears, the blood in my veins boiling at the deafening noise of nothingness that attacks my body.  

I unwrap myself from Luhan and slowly inch off of the couch, trying hard not to shift the weight too much.  I glance at the small, electronic clock that lies on the end table, the aqua colored numbers reading 3:21 am.  A small groan leaves my throat as I rub my eyes, trying to adjust to the darkness while walking toward my kitchen.  I open the fridge, blinded by the sudden brightness, and feel around for the carton of milk.  The white liquid falls soundlessly into the glass and almost as soundlessly into my throat.  I close my eyes, hands still gripping my glass as the memories flood back into my mind.

“Just ing leave,” she said, breath reeking with the scent of rum mixed with the putrid smell of vodka, “I don’t want you here anyways.”

I don’t notice my eyes are closed until I picture her face in the blackness; eyes sunken and outlined with wrinkles, skin as pale as white and teeth a vile gray.  I can feel the cuts sinking deep into my flesh, the boiling blood that seeps out burning my icy skin.  The bruises that have long since faded pound themselves back onto my body, every punch and kick reverberating in my head, mind throbbing with the pain of years ago.  

My body flinches and the feeling of warmth enveloping me at the waist, wrapping around my stomach and holding me tight.  I turn around to see Luhan looking up at me, eyes painted with worry.  His hands come up to my face, cupping my cheeks to bring me closer to him.  Our foreheads meet, noses barely brushing each other while he my cheeks, wiping away tears I didn’t know I shed.  Before I can speak, he just barely presses his lips against mine before pulling me into a strong embrace.  Mechanically, my arms wrap around his, nose cradling in the crook of his neck.  




“It’s my turn to be here for you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N
WOW REALLY SHORT CHAPTER SORRY
just trying to ease myself back into writing~
the next update will be super duper long, okayz?
THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR STAYING WITH ME EVEN DURING MY 1 WEEK ABSENCE!