Chapter 8 - They Werent Like This Before

One Roof, 3 Group Gangsters, 6 Boyfriends-To-Be

Reina woke up in the middle of the night and walked towards the kitchen for some water.

‘Click!’ she heard the sound of the door opened and went over to see. *Who is it? Its 3am already*

L.joe was walking towards the stair when Reina saw him. Just as usual, L.joe walked past Reina without talking to her.

Reina stopped L.joe before he walked up the stairs. ‘You got a cut on your face, you’re not going to treat it?’ Reina spoke. ‘So?’ L.joe walked ahead but Reina stopped in front of her.

‘Byunghun, you have to treat your cut.’ Reina stopped in front of him. L.joe pushed her aside and continued walking. Reina grabbed his wrist and put him towards the dining table. ‘What do you think you’re doing?’ L.joe hissed behind Reina.

‘I told you, you need to treat your wound’ Reina simply replied. L.joe just sighed, he knew arguing wouldn’t get them anywhere besides he missed this part of Reina. The Reina that used to care for them as much as they cared for her. She made L.joe sat down and went over to the kitchen to grab the first aid kit.

Reina took out the disinfectant and a cotton bud. The guys often got cuts and wounds since they often get into fights. Although they didn’t have any serious injuries before, she didn’t like it at all, she didn’t like it when they fought with others outside but what could she do. She wasn’t important to them like before anymore, she’s just someone who they live with. She applied the medicine on L.joe’s face and put a plaster over it.

‘Have you eaten?’ Reina asked but L.joe just stood up and walked away. It was rare to see Reina so concern over him ever since a long time when she stopped being concern about them.

*Don’t be so nice to me, Im afraid I wont be able to hold the promise.* L.joe walked up the stairs and entered his room without turning back.

Reina sighed and put the first aid kit back the wardrobe. Reina switch off the light in the kitchen and went back into her room. She lie on her bed but there was no way she could sleep anymore. They weren’t like that before, she wasn’t like that before. They used to be together all the time, they used to enjoy each other companion.

Yongguk, L, L.joe weren’t cold towards her on the past and Himchan, Seungyeol and Chunji although they used to be playful like now but they weren’t a flirt, they wouldn’t go around and play with girls, changing girlfriend constantly.  She herself didn’t know when she stared to change, she didn’t know when she started to hate their companion, hate staying under a roof with them. She didn’t understand why the boys change.

She doesn’t even know when was the last time all of them truly smiled and when was the last time Yongguk, L and L.joe wouldn’t glare at her and say nice things and gentle words instead.  She used to call Kim Myungsoo all the time to L when she was angry with him or when he ignored her but he had never once glared at her for it. He would always smile and cooed her or apologized for ignoring her.

Yongguk had promised her that he would always be there for her when she gets into trouble in the past instead of  ‘Im not going to save your for the second time’ Reina recalled Yongguk’s word that night. She was really scared back then but she couldn’t cry it out, afraid of what Yongguk might say next.

L.joe too never gave Reina cold shoulders and would always reply to what she said. L.joe never say no to Reina as long as she wants it. Himchan, Sungyeol and Chunji, although they didn’t look like they’ve changed but they were different from before. It didnt felt warm to be with them anymore even though they seems like they didnt change much. It was like the boys purposely distanced themselves from her.  

With a sigh she tried to fell back asleep. *Forget it, its not like they are important to me anyway. They’re my adoptive brother, they will leave me sooner or later*

L.joe was laying on his bed, his right hand reached up to touch the plaster on his face. A smile appear on his face when he touch it but he quickly pushed the feelings away. He felt all fuzzy when Reina was so close to him earlier on and the look on her face when she applied medicine on his wound. He then recalled what he told Sungyeol after the physical lesson.

*That guy better remembered what I said* L.joe clenched his fist tightly.

 

-----Flashback-----

After the lesson ended, L.joe stopped Sungyeol before Sungyeol could walked past him.

‘What do you think you’re doing? Reina was getting all the attention from the girls. Do you want her to get hurt? And, you haven’t forgotten the promise have you?’ L.joe hissed lowly so that only the two of them could hear the conversation. L.joe then walked away while Sungyeol stood there tightening his fist.

He felt anger rose up within him that he had to clench his fist to control his anger. How could he have forgotten the promise. It was the promise that caused them to be what they were now.

‘Sunggyu hyung!’ Sungyeol called out and ran towards his hyung with a smile like nothing had happened few minutes ago.

-----End of Flashback----

 

 

L.joe for today! :))