Chapter 42 - Lying

One Roof, 3 Group Gangsters, 6 Boyfriends-To-Be

‘Reina’ Yongguk knocked before he went into the room and as expected, Reina wasn’t inside her room again.

‘She’s gone again?’ Himchan walked into the empty room while Yongguk nodded with a sigh. The guys couldn’t stand it anymore. It was as if Reina had deliberately avoided them. It had been the fifth day since the guys had confessed and everyday when the guys walked into the room of Reina’s to wake her up for school, she was already gone.

The boys sighed before they took their bags and walked out of the house. Not only did Reina came to school early, when she was in class with Sungyeol and L.joe, she would always tried to talk to Jieun or pretend to be busy whenever they approached  her.

‘Reina, you left without us again’ Sungyeol pouted as he sat beside her. ‘Er yeah, I wanted to come school earlier’ Reina vaguely replied before she turned around and read the book in front of her.

The bell rang for lunch and L.joe stood up and walked towards Reina. ‘Jieun ah~ Hurry up, Im hungry’ Reina tugged Jieun towards the door before L.joe could reached her.

L.joe stopped in front of Reina and blocked her before she could walked away with Jieun. ‘Are you avoiding me?’ L.joe was frustrated by her action. Seeing her avoiding him was worst than the relationship they had before.

Reina innocently shook her head, ‘No, why would I?’ before L.joe could pin point more of Reina’s recent behavior, Reina called Ricky and went towards Ricky with Jieun following beside her.

*Aissh! Its so obvious yet she’s denying it. I rather we were like before where both of us didnt talk much rather than having her avoiding me like that* L.joe kicked the chair in front of him in frustration before he followed them behind.

During their lunchbreak, Reina make sure that she would be seated far away from Chunji and L.joe while she occupy herself with Jieun and the other Teentop members.

‘Is Reina avoiding you all?’ CAP leaned in and asked as he noticed the weird atmosphere. L.joe continued to eat his food while Chunji sighed ‘It was obvious she was avoiding us but she didn’t want to admit it’

CAP looked at Reina in amusement ‘Really? Did she avoid the rest of them too?’ CAP asked referring to Yongguk, Himchan, Sungyeol and L. Chunji just nodded his head while he poked his rice. Reina had never once looked their way and even if she happened to meet eyes with them, she will quickly turned away. CAP just patted on his dongsaengs’ shoulders to comfort them.

~~~~~~~

Back at home, Reina was trying her best to avoid the 6 of them as best as she could. She didn’t know how to face the six of them and she just thought that avoiding them would be the best way to settle things. She thought that by doing so, it would be the best of her. She didn’t want to re-live the feelings she had when they started to change 3 years ago. She didn’t want to trust anyone and only get hurt by them once again.

‘Reina!’ Reina could hear Himchan’s voice behind her and quicken her pace towards her room while pretending that she was on the phone with Jieun. ‘Jieun ah~ did you know how to do that question in class?’ Reina just spoke whatever she had thought of.

She closed the door behind and sighed in relief but her relief was only short term since she had to cook dinner for them later.

Outside Reina’s door, the guys sigh as they stared at Reina who just walked into her room. It was another day that they would hardly see her again but L wasn’t going to give up so easily. He went into his room and grabbed his school bag and a chair before he walked right into Reina’s room strictly after a knock. He wasn’t going to give Reina time to avoid him again.

‘What are you-’ L just placed his chair beside Reina and opened up his bag and dropped all his books onto the table. Reina’s eyes rounded at L’s action.

‘Teach me, teach me whatever you’re studying now.’ L sat beside Reina.

‘But we’re in different class. I wouldn’t know what you have learn and what you hadnt learnt’ Reina tried to reason but L wasn’t going to let Reina get away with her excuse. There was no way he was getting out of her room. He had enough of her avoiding him.

‘We’re in the same level, we’ll probably learn the same thing. You’re going to teach me unless its really true that you’re avoiding us’ L stated, Reina just sighed before she opened up her maths book. There was no excuse she could used to avoid him now.

‘Alright, I’ll teach you maths but only for an hour’ Reina spoke, and L instantly agreed. Anything would be fine with him as long as he gets to spend some time with her.

L rest his head on his arm as he stared at Reina. Reina uncomfortably shifted in her seat because of L’s intense stare but still continued to explain and teach him the maths she had learnt in class today.

‘Do you understand?’ Reina looked up from her book and turned to look at L. ‘Yeah’ L just replied, staring at her with the same tenderly stare as he gaze at her. Reina cleared before she looked back down into the next question on her book while L continued to stare at her. He had never once looked at the question Reina was talking about. He just sat there and took his time to observe her. It felt nice for him to finally be able to be so close to her. He had always envy how Sungyeol could stare at Reina in class while he cant whenever he walked passed their class.

*How I wish time would just stopped here so that I could be with you and stared at you all my life*