Last Shooting

25 Days Of Falling In Love

December 7, 2010

 

Seohyun was startled by the blaring sounds of the hotel alarm clock. It was 6 am. She quickly rolled over and as she did everyday since she’s been in Busan, sleepily turn off the alarm with a lazy hand. Seohyun was just about to bury herself into the covers when she turned and came faced to face with Yonghwa’s sleeping face. Her eyes turned wide as she scrambled out of bed. Yonghwa’s eyes immediately fluttered open from her disturbance. 
 
 
The events of last night dawned on the both of them. Seohyun immediately reached for the thermometer and stuck it in Yonghwa’s ear. She waited for the device to beep. “96 degrees. Okay, you’re better.” She set the thermometer back by the bedside table. “Next time, don’t eat food that you don’t know.”
 
 
Yonghwa let out a small laugh as he sat up from the bed. “It was Western food. I didn’t think much of it.”
 
 
“We’re Korean, don’t eat something that you’re not used too,” said Seohyun as she ran her fingers through her hair. 
 
 
 
“Alright, I won’t next time.” 
 
Seohyun nodded as they starred at each other. 
 
 
He smiled at her. “Thanks Seohyun,” 
 
 
Seohyun simply nodded. She looked away and picked up the hotel phone. “I’ll order breakfast.” 
 
 
Seohyun quickly ordered room service. Once it was done, she stated that she was going to take a shower and get ready for the shoot today. After Seohyun had freshly showered, she did her hair and put on clean clothes. As she was getting out of the bathroom she tied her hair in her signature low ponytail. She had just come out in time for the breakfast to arrive. Yonghwa was tipping the attendant. She took a seat at the hotel’s small dining area and began placing the breakfast food on the table. Yonghwa walked over and joined her. Seohyun had ordered eggs, bacon, ham, sausages, and rice. It was a hearty and protein rich meal. She watched Yonghwa pile the food on his plate before digging into her own.
 
 
“I’ll call the company later to come pick us up in thirty minutes.” said Seohyun.
 
 
She watched Yonghwa glance over at the clock. It was 6:30 am. “Okay,”
 
 
“And you should get some clothes in the gift shop area downstairs.” suggested Seohyun as she cut into her sausage. 
 
 
Yonghwa nodded. “I should do that.”
 
 
He honestly reeked of vomit but Seohyun didn’t want to say anything. She figured that if she mentioned clothes, then he would be forced to shower.
 
 
“Do you mind if I take a shower in the bathroom?”
 
 
Seohyun hid behind a small smile. “It’s alright with me.”
 
 
“Thanks,” Yonghwa looked up at her as he paused eating. “Thank you for last night Seohyun. Really.”
 
 
Seohyun shook her head. “It’s fine,”
 
 
Yonghwa chuckled. “I haven’t been that sick for a long time.”
 
 
“You need to take better care of your body,” scolded Seohyun. “Starting with drinking tea instead of coffee.” She eyed his cup beside his plate.
 
 
He looked at her and then at the cup and sighed. “Fine,” 
 
 
Seohyun reached towards the cart and took the kettle of hot honey tea that she always requested in the morning and poured it in a fresh cup. She slid the steaming tea towards him. 
 
 
He picked it up, teasingly cheered her and sipped the tea. “Bland,”
 
 
Seohyun smiled as she took a sip of her own tea. “Better than coffee,” She set down her cup and eyed Yonghwa’s clothes. It was really bothering her. “How about you finish breakfast and go take that shower and I’ll just get some clothes from the gift shop. It’ll be faster that way.”
 
 
Yonghwa eyed her. “You’re bothered aren’t you? That I’m not clean.” He gave her a teasing smile. “Should I just go to work like this?”
 
 
Seohyun rolled her eyes. “Let me just get it.”
 
 
Yonghwa shrugged as he quickly finished his breakfast. He stood up and began walking towards the bathroom. “I’ll be quick!” 
 
 
Seohyun began placing the empty dishes back on the cart so that the attendant would have an easier time cleaning up. She grabbed the hotel key and headed out the door. She made her way down the hotel gift shop. Sadly, there were only simple clothes that the hotel’s logo on it. Seohyun picked a maroon colored hoodie and a pair of jeans. She also got a package of one size fits all socks and underwear. Once she paid for her purchase, Seohyun headed upstairs. 
 
 
Seohyun opened the door and found Yonghwa in a bathrobe watching T.V. She handed him the bag of clothes and prompted him to quickly change. Seohyun’s cell phone rang and she quickly answered it. It was the driver.
 
 
“He’s outside!” yelled Seohyun. 
 
 
She began grabbing her jacket and other winter accessories and put it on her. Yonghwa emerged from the bathroom, dressed. He grabbed for his jacket too and once they were done they headed down the hotel and out to the waiting company car. 
 
 
 
 
The director called them into a meeting room to discuss the shoot. Today was the final and last day of shooting for both Yonghwa and Seohyun. 
 
 
“Today we’ll be doing the argument scene between you two when Yonghwa announces he has to return to Seoul. That will be your last scene for the both of you. We’ve already finished the ending for the music video and today we’d have officially wrapped up.” 
 
 
They both nodded. The director left to give them time to discuss the scene with each other.
 
 
“Can you believe it’ll all be over after today?” said Yonghwa as he flipped the script to the last scene. 
 
 
“We still have voice overs to do plus the premiere. We’ll still be busy after all this.” replied Seohyun.
 
 
Yonghwa sighed. “I haven’t seen my family or friends in weeks. And my manager wants me to do more. How about you, is your manager pressing you to do more?”
 
 
Seohyun shook her head. “I don’t have a manager. Remember, Jungil took me to the auditions.”
 
 
“Ah, that's right, so no manager? So you’re freelanced.”
 
 
“You can say that. I’m not signed to any company in particular.” Seohyun began mumbling her part in the scene, memorizing it. 
 
 
“I have a feeling this company will sign you on.” said Yonghwa, who was now reading the scene over and over. 
 
 
“You think so?” replied Seohyun. “I don’t want this to be the only job I do.” 
 
 
Yonghwa nodded. “I’m sure of it. The director was telling me before how this company needed more upcoming stars to sign for them. It’ll be great if you get in.”
 
 
Seohyun smiled. “Well, let’s hope for the best. Now, come on read the lines with me.” 
 
 
They began to read their lines to each other, practicing to make sure the last shoot would end well. After an hour, the stylists came into the room and told them to head up to the dressing room. They made their way over and did the usual styling. Seohyun hated to admit it but she was going to miss this. It was nice to not have to do her hair every morning. She felt pampered all the time. She put on her characters signature style of clothing and stared at herself in the mirror. She was going to really miss this. 
 
 
“Hey,” said Yonghwa snapping Seohyun out of her thoughts. “Let’s go, they’re waiting for us.” 
 
 
Seohyun followed Yonghwa as they made their way to the shoot. She was rehearsing her lines as she went.
 
 
The director waved them over. He quickly explained their positions and what was needed to be done. The make up artist did last minute touch ups and as soon as Seohyun and Yonghwa went into their positions the director, for the last time, called, “Action!”
 
 
Yonghwa began walking towards Seohyun with a solemn smile on his face. She was sitting in the exact same spot in the fields where they had met. He plopped down beside her and took hold of her hand. She turned her head at him and smiled. He stared into her the soft brown eyes that he had fallen in love with. He didn’t want to tell her but he had to.
 
 
He reached for her face with his hand and cupped her cheek. She closed her eyes with a smile. He longed so much to hear her voice again. After she had told him her name, she hadn’t spoke since. 
 
 
“I’m going back to Seoul,”
 
 
Her eyes fluttered open with shock. She slowly let go of Yonghwa’s hand and backed away from him. She stood up from her spot and looked away. 
 
 
Yonghwa stood up as well. “I have to go back. I have a job to do.”
 
 
She stared at him with angry eyes. “I hate you.”
 
 
He was taken aback by her words. Oddly, her voice was sweet.
 
 
“Seohyun, I’ll come back.” said Yonghwa reaching for her.
 
 
She pulled away from him. “You won’t come back, you’ll leave me. Just like everybody else.”
 
 
Yonghwa shook his head. “I’m not like everyone else.”
 
 
“Liar!” Tears were now pouring down Seohyun’s eyes.
 
 
“Seohyun, I promise you I will come back. Just give me time to finish my piece.”
 
 
Seohyun shook her head as she began backing away from him. “Liar,” She quickly turned around and ran off.
 
 
Yonghwa sadly watched her until she disappeared into her house. He crossed his arms over his body and began trudging back to his lodge to begin packing up.
 
 
“Cut! And that’s a wrap!” 
 
 
A loud round of applause erupted throughout the staff and the director. Seohyun wiped her tears away as she bowed to the people she had gotten close with for the past week. The music video was hard work and she was glad that they had successfully completed it. A stylist ran up to both of them and wrapped them both in their jackets. Seohyun thanked her as they began making their way towards the director. 
 
 
“Don’t forget tomorrow is voice overs and just a few more finishing touches to do and you’ll be home free to Seoul Seohyun.” 
 
 
She laughed as she gave a warm hug to the director. “I’ll miss you.”
 
 
“I’ll miss you too,” said the director. “I can tell, you’ll be a big star someday.”
 
 
Seohyun gave one last wave to all the crew before heading inside the dressing room to change. She each gave the stylist a hand written letter that Seohyun had made during the week. She thanked for making her pretty for the shoot and declared them all her favorite stylist. After, they gave her a few clothing items to keep and Seohyun went off to find a company car to get back to the hotel. 
 
 
As she walked outside, Seohyun spotted Yonghwa by the entrance. He waved at her and motioned for her to come over. He himself had a bag that looked exactly like hers.
 
 
“Did you get a small clothing gift from the stylists?” asked Seohyun as she arrived in front of him.
 
 
He nodded. “It’s the clothes that I like.” Yonghwa looked up at her with a small smile. “Are you sad?” 
 
 
“A little bit,” replied Seohyun. “I’m going to miss everyone, aren’t you?”
 
 
“Of course I will. They’re not like the staff I meet at one day photo shoots.” 
 
 
They stopped talking for a moment. Seohyun looked down at her feet. 
 
 
“Are you waiting for a company car?” 
 
 
“Yeah…”
 
 
“Want to have dinner together?” 
 
 
Seohyun looked at him with a surprised look. “What?”
 
 
He smiled at her. “Dinner, me and you. It’s to thank you for last night and buying me clothes.” Seeing Seohyun’s hesitation, he gave her a chuckle. “Come on, it’s free and it’s my appreciation for you.”
 
 
His words melted into her mind as she innocently nodded. “Okay,”
 
 
He grinned. “Cool,”
 
 
Just then, a company car pulled up. The passenger window rolled down. A driver waved at the two of them. 
 
 
Yonghwa looked back at her and nodded towards the car. “Come on, I’ll tell him the location.”
 
 
Seohyun silently followed, hiding a wide smile behind her scarf.