Understandings

25 Days Of Falling In Love

December 22, 2010

 

 

Laying down on her stomach with her feet in the air, Seohyun was glaring at the pink fuzzy gloves that were laying across from her. She was replaying last night in her head over and over again until she felt like the gloves Yonghwa had gifted her could give her an answer or some sort of explanation. So far, nothing. 

 

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door which Seohyun replied to with a, “Come in.”

 

Her mom came into the room and once seeing Seohyun lying on her bed said, “What are you doing Seohyun? Don’t you want anything to eat?”

 

She shook her head. “It’s Wednesday, shouldn’t you be at work?”

 

“It’s my day off sweetheart,” Her mother replied as she took a seat beside Seohyun and began patting her legs. “You’ve been in your room all morning. Don’t you have anything to do today?”

 

“No, I don’t.”

 

“Alright, what’s going on? Has something happened?”

 

Seohyun let out a deep sigh, not taking her eyes off the gloves. “What if...someone you know told someone else that they like that someone after a really long time but that someone else rejects you because they want you to think through how you feel and you don’t know whether it’s because you’re too late and he’s not interested in you anymore or he actually wants you to do what he says?”

 

“Oh honey,” laughed her mother. “If it’s about Yonghwa can you just outright say it already?!”

 

“Mom!” yelled Seohyun as she blushed and finally took her eyes off the gloves. “Does everyone know?!”

 

Her mom looked at her teasingly straight in the eye and said, “Even the next door neighbor’s cat knows.”

 

Seohyun let out  a big sigh as she flipped her body flat on the bed, “Is it that obvious?”

 

Her mother nodded her head with a smile as she took the pink gloves and played with it in her hands. “Your father and I very much approve.”

 

“Mom!”

 

“We’re really happy that your career is taking off but you shouldn’t have to sacrifice your personal life for it. You’ve been brought up to think with your head but once in a while, listen to what your heart wants you to do. I don’t know about everything that is going on between you two but don’t let what Yonghwa did faze you. Since he did wait for you to be ready than you wait for him to be ready in return.”

 

Seohyun turned her head to look into her mom’s eyes. “I’m thinking too deeply about this aren’t I?”

 

Her mom simply smiled as she put the gloves on the desk. “Come, let’s eat a nice healthy fruit filled smoothie.”

 

“You didn’t make any rice? Even for Dad?” asked Seohyun as she got up to follow her mother to the kitchen.

 

“His cholesterol is going up and we can’t have that.”

 

As the two laughed, Seohyun’s phone went off and received a text message from Seowoo.

 

“We’re back! Meet us for lunch at 12. We’ll be waiting for you at the restaurant across the street from the university. The one where we usually go to for lunch. Text me an okay! See you then!”

 

Seohyun chuckled to herself as she texted a quick okay to Seowoo. She couldn’t wait to see the newlyweds.

 

 

At promptly 12 P.M., Seohyun stepped inside the cozy little restaurant that frequented struggling college students because all their food were easy on their wallets. 

 

It wasn’t that hard to spot the love birds, as they were practically glowing. Once the two met eyes with Seohyun , they immediately jumped up from their chairs and began greeting each other. After they had all hugged, the three settled and sat down. Seohyun was across from Seowoo and Jungil and she couldn’t help but have a silly smile on her face.

 

“You guys look great! How was your honeymoon?!” asked Seohyun excitedly.

 

“It was fun!” answered Seowoo. “Jeju Island is so beautiful during this time of year. One would think summer is the best but really walking around in the cool breeze and seeing the snow stick to trees is just as amazing. “

 

“What did you guys do there?”

 

Jungil laughed as he looked at Seowoo. “What did I not do?”

 

“Jungil!”

 

Seohyun quickly put her hand up at the two of them. “From this point on, anything ual is not allowed or else you won’t get your Christmas presents!” Seohyun reached for the bag filled with gifts for Seowoo and Jungil beside her chair. 

 

Seowoo’s eyes lit up. “Presents?! Seohyun, your wedding gift was enough!”

 

“Yeah!” agreed Jungil. “I’ve been using the blender all morning for breakfast. It really blends fruits well.”

 

“He made enough smoothies for three years.”

 

Jungil rolled his eyes. “Over exaggerating.”

 

Seohyun laughed. “I bought these for you both before you two got married. Please, take it. I have a really good job now because of the two of you. This is my way of saying thank you.”

 

They took the bag of gifts and curiously peeked inside. 

 

Seowoo grinned from ear to ear. “Remind me to shower you with gifts for Christmas and your birthday too.”

 

“Open the gift addressed to both of you,” said Seohyun as she excitedly bounced in her seat. “It’s my favorite one.”

 

Jungil took out the delicately wrapped, white with patterned mistletoes, gift from the bag as Seowoo excitedly reached out for it. Together, they ripped the package open.

 

“Oh my gosh, it’s so cute!” exclaimed Seowoo as she grabbed for the item from the box. “It’s couple sweaters!”

 

The couple sweaters that were given to Jungil and Seowoo were designed by Seohyun through an online shop. For Seowoo, her sweater read wife in black bold font and underneath near the edge of the front of the sweater on the right was a cute stick girl cartoon blowing a kiss towards Jungil’s sweater. Now his sweater read husband in the same font and underneath was a stick cartoon boy on the left of the edge of the sweater blowing a kiss towards Seowoo’s character. They were both pastel blue. It was a cute concept and Seohyun knew Seowoo would gratefully appreciate it.

 

“Do you like it Jungil?” asked Seohyun as she saw him holding it up to his body. “I know these kind of cutesy stuff aren’t your thing.”

 

Jungil smiled as he looked over at Seowoo lovingly. “It’s fine with me. Thanks Seohyun, we really like it.”

 

Seohyun smiled with content. “I’m glad you both do. Now don’t open the other gifts until Christmas!”

 

After eating and talking for another hour, Seowoo announced that she had to go back to her office at the university soon. She had a lot of work to get done and the ‘A Christmas Carol’ production was going to premiere tomorrow night.

 

“Wow, so soon?” asked Seohyun as she took a sip of her water. “It felt like just yesterday I was talking to Nicole about it.”

 

Seowoo nodded. “Thank goodness I had the students. Without their cooperation, I wouldn’t have been able to go on the honeymoon. Now that that’s over, I have to asses the situation, do what needs to get done, and be ready for tomorrow night.”

 

“I’ll help you,” said Seohyun. “Since I really won’t be doing much in the play this year.”

 

“That would be great!” smiled Seowoo as she turned to Jungil. “Will you be going to the action school today?”

 

Jungil nodded, “I should be heading off soon.” Then he turned to Seohyun. “I left poor Jewoon in charge while I was gone and I think the stress of being in my position has worn him out. I’ve been getting emails and text messages nonstop from him since I left. I kind of didn’t answer him...even so I wonder what turmoil the action school is in right now.”

 

Seowoo shook her head and laughed. “You’re worse than me!”

 

Jungil shook his head, denying her accusation while beginning to put on his coat. “I’ll be heading off then.” He turned to kiss Seowoo on the cheek and than took the bag of gifts in his hands as he stood up. “It was nice having lunch with you Seohyun, let’s do this more often okay? Come and visit us at our place too.”

 

Seohyun agreed and promised to visit them at their house soon. As Jungil left, Seowoo and Seohyun began putting on their coats and heading over across the street to the university. 

 

Seowoo locked arms with Seohyun’s as they crossed the street and asked, “So, how have you been? I meant to ask during lunch but we just ended up talking about ourselves.”

 

She laughed. “It was perfectly fine. I like talking about you two.”

 

“Oh, come on. We must have been chatting your ear up with all our newlywed nonsense.”

 

Seohyun squeezed Seowoo’s hand clutching on her arm. “It was fine. Hearing about your romance never bores me.”

 

“Speaking of romance,” said Seowoo, emphasizing on the word romance as she opened the arts center building door. “Any news regarding Yonghwa?”

 

She let out a big sigh and a shake of her head. “It’s a long story...”

 

“Make it short!”

 

Seohyun began to tell Seowoo about the other day. She began with the CeCi Magazine arriving in the mail to her talk with Nicole to Yonghwa’s get together then to Ri In’s talk with Seohyun, and finally ending with the event that ended her night on a sour note. 

 

“Wow,” exclaimed Seowoo as she opened the light switch to her office. She set her things on her surprisingly clean desk and turned to look at Seohyun. “I sure missed a hell of a lot.”

 

Seohyun took a seat adjacent from Seowoo’s desk and gave her a ‘Well what can you do?’ look. “I’m full of drama these days.”

 

Seowoo sat down at her desk chair, eyebrows furrowing in serious thought, processing Seohyun’s story. “What I get from all this is that essentially you two like each other. You came to accept your feelings much later and now that it all seems very rushed, Yonghwa is concerned that you’re just being pressured into liking him. But, you’re not pressured. You’ve thought about this more times than you can count. And with me knowing you, made a mental pros and cons list. Now, you just don’t know what’s going on in Yonghwa’s mind.”

 

Seohyun looked away from Seowoo with tears b her eyes, “I don’t know what to do anymore. Is this worth it Seo? All this pain?”

 

Seowoo shook her head defiantly. “Don’t do this to yourself Seohyun. Don’t think that this isn’t worth it. If you two are truly meant to be, it will happen. You just have to have faith in yourself and in Yonghwa. This pain you’re feeling now, I can tell you is that it is all worth it.”

 

“Like you and Jungil,” whispered Seohyun.

 

“Like Jungil and I,” nodded Seowoo.

 

Suddenly, Seowoo’s office phone began to ring. Looking at it confused, Seowoo picked up the receiver and answered with a surprisingly firm hello. “Yes this is she. Yes I am. Okay. Okay...I’ll let her know. Thank you.” Seowoo put down the receiver and looked at Seohyun. “That was the director from the music video’s assistant who got my office number through Minhyo.”

 

Concerned, Seohyun asked, “Is something the matter?”

 

Seowoo’s serious expression slowly turned into a wide grin. “We’ve been invited to a party!”

 

“A party?”

 

Seowoo nodded excitedly. “Yes, the director is having a small dinner party before the premiere, cast and crew only. It’ll be casual.”

 

“Oh, so this is the pre premiere party Junsu and Ri In were talking about last night. He said we’d all get a text but I guess a call is the same thing. What time will it be?”

 

“Around 7,” replied Seowoo as she began fussing with some files and papers that she had pulled out of her cabinets. “We need to finish all this work by 5! I need to look presentable and get my hair done and my nails! Gosh I can’t forget my nails!”

 

“Wait, wait, wait. If the whole cast is invited that means Yonghwa is going to be there,” realized Seohyun as she sighed into her hands. “Why is it that I see him practically everyday?!”

 

Relax,” droned Seowoo as she sped read through some papers. “If he does come tonight, it’ll be a good thing for you. You can talk to him then...or not.”

 

“Maybe I shouldn’t go...”

 

“What do you mean?!” exclaimed Seowoo, dropping her papers on the desk. “Don’t even think that!”

 

“Seowoo, it’s going to be so awkward! How can I face him after last night?!”

 

“Okay, how about this. You promise me that we go and if it gets awkward, I’ll be there to rescue you. But, you cannot hide away from him!” said Seowoo, wagging a finger at her. “We’ve come too far into making this relationship actually having a chance to only take a million steps back.”

 

Seohyun looked at Seowoo dead in the eyes. “You promise me that you’ll stay by my side and won’t get distracted by anyone or anything else.”

 

Seowoo began to laugh. “Yes! But, if by chance I get called away and you end up with Yonghwa somewhere than I won’t hesitate to leave--”

 

“Seowoo you promised!”

 

Seowoo threw her hands up in defeat. “Okay! I promise to stay by your side all night if I have to.”

 

Seohyun smiled. “That’s all I ask for.”

 

Seowoo shook her head. “The things I have to do for you.”

 

“You are my manager after all.”

 

Seowoo rolled her eyes. “And what a joy that has been.”

 

“Seowoo!”

 

She winked at her. “Come on and help me with the props. The faster we get things done, the faster we can get out of here.”

 

 

Later that night, Jungil, Seowoo, and Seohyun arrived outside a lavish two floor villa. Cars were already lined in the street and distant sounds of chatter and music could be heard. 

 

“Are we late?” asked Seohyun nervously as the three of them stepped out of the car. 

 

“No we’re not.” laughed Seowoo. “We’re perfectly on time and you look gorgeous.”

 

Seohyun replied with a thank you as she looked at Seowoo’s outfit up and down. “Unnie...I see something I shouldn’t be seeing!”

 

“I told her not to open the presents but she was so damn curious!” yelled Jungil as he locked the car and stood beside Seowoo.

 

Seowoo was wearing a black chiffon high low dress under a black blazer with gold detailing, cinched with a gold bow belt at the waist. The shoes Seohyun had gifted her were black Tory Burch four inch heels with its infamous gold logo that matched perfectly with the outfit. On the other hand, Jungil went very simple and casual. He wore an off white man tailored shirt under a black vest and tie, tucked into his black pants. 

 

Seowoo playfully pushed Jungil on the shoulders while giving him a look and said, “Forget about me, let’s talk about your outfit!”

 

Seohyun was wearing an above the knee emerald green dress with a black lace peter pan collar and cuffs at the end of the sleeves. Her shoes were a simple black kitten heels and her hair was in her signature waves. She wore her black peacoat cape for warmth. 

 

“Yes, I look cute but Seowoo you weren’t supposed to open that until Christmas!”

 

“I’m sorry,” apologized Seowoo. “But the shoes just matched with my outfit so perfectly and I love it!”

 

Jungil laughed as he put an arm around Seohyun’s shoulder. “Forgive her. She just can’t help herself.”

 

Seohyun looked up at him and smiled. “I know, I know.”

 

“Come on...” said Seowoo excitedly. “Let’s get to this party. I’m starving!”

 

They made their way up the steps and Jungil took the initiative to ring the doorbell. A moment later, the door opened 

 

Behind the door appeared the director himself, Hwang Bae with a large grin on his face and a drink in his hand. “The main character herself has arrived! Welcome, welcome,” He ushered the three of them inside. “The buffet is set up in the kitchen and if you’re thirsty, the bar’s in the living room. Walk around and mingle, everyone that was on the crew is here as well.”

 

Seowoo turned to Seohyun with a glint in her eye. “I’m starving...can we go eat first?”

 

“We haven’t even said hello to everyone yet!” protested Seohyun. 

 

“Then while you do that, you won’t mind Jungil and I going to the kitchen...” said Seowoo as she slowly grabbed for Jungil’s arm.

 

“Seowoo, a minute hasn’t even passed since we’ve been here and you’re already leaving me?!”

 

“Please? Yonghwa isn’t even here!” Seowoo began inching towards the kitchen. “We won’t be that long.”

 

“Fine,” repled Seohyun, giving in. “Just please bring me a plate of food.”

 

Seowoo gave her a wink. “Will do!” The two of them went off and disappeared into the kitchen. 

 

Seohyun turned around, scanning the room with her eyes. Sure enough, the familiar faces of the crew were scattered among the house. She decided that instead of just waiting around for Seowoo and Jungil, Seohyun would make her rounds mingling. Besides, she hadn’t seen Yonghwa yet so this was ample opportunity to be free from having to avoid him...for now.

 

“Seohyun!”

 

“Minhyo!”

 

The two greeted each other with a friendly hug. 

 

“How have you been? You look fantastic!” gushed Minhyo. “Are you excited? The premiere for the music video is just in two days! People are highly anticipating it and I’ve been reading the forums, all positive feedback.”

 

Seohyun laughed. “Don’t lie, I’ve read the negative ones too.”

 

She gave Seohyun a gentle squeeze on the shoulder. “I’m just trying to keep things positive,” She looked around Seohyun. “Did you come here alone?”

 

Seohyun shook her head. “Seowoo and Jungil are invading the kitchen.”

 

Minhyo laughed. “I’m going to go on and properly congratulate them on their marriage.”

 

Just as they turned around, Yonghwa and his manager appeared in the hallway as well as Junsu and Ri In. 

 

Minhyo quickly went over to greet them with the director himself, this time carrying a tray of assorted crudités to offer to the new guests. 

 

Once Junsu and Ri In caught eyes with Seohyun, who was trying to blend in with the crew, they ran over immediately, loudly exclaiming how happy they were to see her and how beautiful she looked.

 

Seohyun merely smiled sheepishly as she looked behind them at Yonghwa who was talking with the director. 

 

“Where’s the food?” asked Junsu as he ped his jacket, revealing his outfit of choice for that night which was a pale blue mens button down shirt under a dark grey sweater with black pants and black shoes. 

 

“What is with everyone and wanting food so badly?” asked Seohyun with a laugh.

 

“In the kitchen,” said Ri In, answering Junsu’s question with a pat on his back.

 

Junsu wiggles his eyebrows with excitement at the two girls, gave his jacket to Ri In, and went off. 

Ri In turned to Seohyun with a smile and a sigh as she too took off her jacket. “I love your dress by the way.”

 

Seohyun took the two jackets as she said, “So do I!”

 

Ri In was wearing a royal blue curve hugging dress that was above the knees. The sleeves were three quarter length and although it was simple, she played it up with gold jewelry statement pieces. Her black hair was tousled loosely in waves and her milky skin just enviously glowed.

 

“I’m so jealous of your beauty right now.”

 

Just then Seowoo emerged from the kitchen with a plate in her hand and made her way over to the girls. 

 

Seohyun introduced Seowoo to Ri In who immediately went starstruck. “Meeting Xiah Junsu in the kitchen who is now chatting with my husband over meat and now meeting Jang Ri In in the living room. It’s such a pleasure to meet you. I’ve bought all your cd’s and your songs have put me through so many breakups.”

 

As Ri In and Seowoo were getting to know each other, Seohyun was nervously looking around for Yonghwa who had disappeared. 

 

“Seohyun...Seohyun? Seohyun? Seohyun!”

 

Seohyun looked back at Seowoo and Ri In and realized the director had joined their little group. “I’m sorry, what were you saying?”

 

“Bae wanted to know if we’d like a tour of the house,” answered Ri In as she looked at Seohyun with concerned eyes. 

 

“Yeah, sure not a problem.” agreed Seohyun. 

 

As they began to walk together, Seowoo looked arms with Seohyun and whispered in her ear. “Is something the matter?”

 

She shook her head. “I’ll tell you later.”

 

Seowoo nodded and they followed Bae who was beginning to explain the house is full detail.

 

 

“So, we’re avoiding Yonghwa now?” asked Ri In as she sipped from her glass of red wine. 

 

“Yes we are,” answered Seowoo, who also had a glass of red wine to sip from. 

 

Seohyun, who’s own glass of wine that was offered by Hwang Bae and put her in a situation where she couldn’t refuse, was sitting on the wooden table of the house’s den area untouched, shook her head, “We are not avoiding Yonghwa, I just...don’t want to talk to him right now.”

 

“Same thing!” pointed out Ri In. “I know what happened last night has thrown you off but look where we are. We’re hiding!”

 

After the house tour, Seohyun had pulled the girls into the den, which just so happened to be isolated from the party, and caught Ri In up on what was going on with her. 

 

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door which opened slowly to reveal Junsu. He let out a sigh, “What are you guys doing here? Jungil and I have been looking for you all. The director wants us all to gather in the living room.”

 

Ri In stood up first, “You can’t hide from him forever Seohyun.” She walked over to Junsu and slipped her arm around his. 

 

Seowoo picked up her’s and Seohyun’s wine glass from the table and gestured towards the door. “I’ll be right beside you.”

 

Seohyun nodded as her and Seowoo walked together back to the living room. 

 

As they arrived, the other guests were just piling in, with the director standing in the front of the room. Seowoo and Seohyun joined Jungil who asked the two where they were this whole time. 

 

Seowoo offered Seohyun’s untouched glass of wine and told him with a playful smirk that the girls were simply just talking. 

 

He pulled her close to him with a little scoff and wrapped an arm around her waist. 

 

Seohyun sat on the couch beside Ri In and Junsu and grabbed a carrot off the crudités platter and began to munch on it, watching Bae as he ordered one of the crew members to pass out champagne glasses to each and every person.  

 

After, Hwang Bae, clapped his hands together and began to speak, “I’d like to thank everyone for coming out tonight. I just wanted to throw a nice hurrah before the big premiere in two days. I also wanted to show my appreciation for everyone’s hard work,” He began especially talking about the crew and dedication they put into the production. He told funny stories and how one particular crew member tended to hide on set in Busan and take long naps to the point where they couldn’t find him for a whole day. These cute anecdotes reeled Seohyun in to the director’s charm. “And finally I want to thank our two main leads, Seo Seohyun and Jung Yonghwa who came into this project with little experience and have now come out with the great potential to become a star.” All the guests began to clap and holler. “The honest and natural chemistry between you two made my job so much easier and that much more fun to film. I also heard from my friends in the industry that they have also shot a commercial and magazine cover, which I want my cut for beginning your fame, because of watching the music teaser. So, let’s raise our glass to the premiere and for the hope that people will love our creation.”

 

Seohyun raised her champagne glass and clinked with everyone around her.

 

As Bae wrapped up and began to form a karaoke group, the guests began to disperse amongst themselves. 

 

Seohyun told Seowoo that she was just going to walk around the house for a bit. 

 

Seowoo nodded at her as her and Jungil joined Junsu and Ri In in the karaoke group.

 

Seohyun went to exchange her champagne with a glass of water before heading up the stairs. She let her hand graze the banister and once she reached the top, turned the corner and proceeded down the hallway. 

 

Her travel stopped at the end, standing before French styled double doors. She let out a smile after realizing what was behind the double doors and happily opened the doors. 

 

The cold air hit her cheek with a chilling welcome as her foot stepped into the balcony that looked out into the director’s backyard as well as the city skyline. She walked up to baluster and placed her glass of water on it. She took off her shoes and hoisted herself up, sitting on top of the stone baluster and let her legs dangle below. 

 

Seohyun let out a deep sigh of relief. The party was fun, really, but she wanted some time to herself to just let her mind think and wander for a moment.

 

“Well that seems safe.”

 

And there, her moment was gone. Seohyun sat frozen for a minute before turning around to find Yonghwa standing at the doorway of the balcony. 

 

They starred at each other for a moment before Seohyun silently turned her back on him. She heard his footsteps approach her. Suddeny, she felt his black coat wrap around her shoulders. Shocked, Seohyun starred down into her lap and heard him hop onto the baluster and sit beside her. 

 

“You’ve been ignoring me all night,” He started. 

 

“You rejected me,” countered back Seohyun.

 

“I did not reject you,” replied Yonghwa as he looked at her.

 

Seohyun looked away, “I practically poured my heart out to you Yonghwa and you basically told me no. It took me too long to get to that point, to realize my feelings for you. And for you to just take that away from me...it’s unfair.”

 

“You have to understand, whatever is happening between us is very confusing. You’re okay with me and then you’re not. I say something and it hurts you. I distance myself and somehow you reel me back in. I try to get closer and you shy away. I try to tell you how much you mean to me and you ignore it. So for me to hear those words of acceptance come out of your mouth, it killed me.” 

 

Seohyun turned her head around slowly and looked at Yonghwa in the eyes. “I didn’t mean--”

 

“I know,” said Yonghwa cutting her off. “I know.”

 

They were silent for a moment as Seohyun looked down at her small purse beside her. Instantly remembering, she took it and rummaged around before taking out the small and neatly wrapped gift she bought for Yonghwa at now what seems ages ago.

 

She played with it in her hands before presenting it to him, “Merry early Christmas.”

 

Yonghwa took it with a small smile, “I’ll be right back.” He jumped off the baluster and exited the balcony.

 

Seohyun watched the entrance way until he came back. 

 

Yonghwa smiled at her as he held up a small gift bag. “Merry early Christmas to you too.” He walked over to help her down from the ledge, and handed her the bag.

 

“Thank you,” said Seohyun. 

 

“Go on,” urged Yonghwa. “Open it.”

 

She looked at him and nodded. “You open yours too.”

 

As they both opened their gifts together, Seohyun couldn’t believe all the things he got her. What was inside was revealed to be a tea set of teas from different countries, a book on how to live a stress free life, a navy blue headband embellished with flowers that is meant to cover your ears, and finally a homemade CD Yonghwa labeled as ‘Listen!’.

 

“I love it all,” said Seohyun just as she saw Yonghwa plugging in his red and black beat earphones to his i-pod jack.

 

“Me too. It was really thoughtful of you.”

 

“I remember the first time we met at the audition process that I saw your headphones were frayed and well used,” explained Seohyun. “I figured it was about time that you got a new one. But, it really doesn’t compare to what you got me.”

 

He laughed, “I got you the tea because I know how much you love tea except I didn’t know what  particular kind you liked so I went out on a limb and just got you a set. I got you the book because I remember you telling me how much you love self help books and I thought it would be pretty useful since we’re going to be having such busy schedules and the headband is because you are always cold but never have anything to cover yours ears! And finally I made you a mix CD of all the songs that relaxes me and I figured I’d share that with you.”

 

“Thank you, I really do love it,” Seohyun looked up into his eyes. “So...we’re okay?”

 

Yonghwa scoffed with a smile. “We’re more than that.”

 

The two of them turned to look out into the view and soak the winter night in.

 

“I’m really sorry,” whispered Seohyun. “I’ve only been thinking about myself.”

 

“Don’t be sorry Hyun,” replied Yonghwa. “You’re one of the most caring people I know.” He looked down at her as he reached for her hand. “And that’s one of the many reasons why I like you.”

 

She smiled as she interlaced fingers with him, “I like you too.”

 

They looked at each other before looking out into the view. They stayed in silence, holding each others hands, and it all just felt so right. For once, Seohyun felt relieved.