In My Head

25 Days Of Falling In Love

 

December 11, 2010
 
Seohyun woke up the next morning later than usual. Now that filming was over, she no longer had to wake up early. She got up from her bed, headed to the bathroom, and began to wash up. 
 
 
Seohyun thought about what she would do today. Classes don’t start until the 13th. She knew she didn’t want to just stay home all day. After debating a couple of minutes on what to do, she decided to do some early Christmas shopping. 
 
 
She went into her room and dressed warm. She slipped on her olive green utility jacket and rummaged in her pockets for the gloves Yonghwa gave her. She put on the pink gloves and headed downstairs. 
 
 
No one was home, so Seohyun went into the kitchen. She found that her mom had laid out breakfast for her on the kitchen table. She smiled at the thoughtfulness of her mother, took off her gloves, and began to eat. 
 
 
Once Seohyun finished, she gathered her things and left the house. Seohyun made her way down to the bus stop where it would take her to the mall. Upon her arrival, she spotted a couple of her mother’s friends start crossing the street to greet and congratulate Seohyun on her job and potential T.V. fame.
 
 
“Seohyun ah!” exclaimed one of the ahjummas. “You look so mature now that you have a job! Your mom told me the boy you worked with is very handsome!”
 
 
Seohyun blushed. She had sent her mom a picture via cell phone of her and Yonghwa on set. 
 
 
Another ahjumma playfully slapped her on the arm. “Your mom kept showing that picture to us! You should date this boy Seohyun!”
 
 
The other ahjummas nodded in agreement.
 
 
Seohyun shook her head politely to them. “I won’t be dating him.”
 
 
“That’s what she says now!”
 
 
Seohyun continued to just awkwardly stand there as they all fawned over about the possibility of her and Yonghwa dating. 
 
 
Suddenly from the corner of Seohyun’s eye, she saw the bus coming their way. She quickly apologized to the ahjummas and waved goodbye as she hopped on the bus. Seohyun looked out the window, making sure to wave goodbye to the ahjummas. Once they were gone from her sight, she instantly relaxed into her seat. 
 
 
Her mom was such a blabber mouth when it came to talking about her only daughter. 
 
 
It only took thirty minutes to get to the nearest mall and Seohyun instantly felt giddy upon her arrival. 
 
 
As usual, the mall was decorated in Christmas splendor. Wreaths, ribbons, and garlands didn’t miss any spot in the mall. Employees were out decked in Santa outfits and reindeer costumes trying to sell their store products to potential costumers. 
 
 
“Do you like me?”
 
 
Seohyun turned around to find two elementary school kids, one boy one girl, at the balloon cart a couple of feet away. The boy was holding the balloon to his side. 
 
 
“I don’t know…” Seohyun heard the girl say. 
 
 
“What do you mean you don’t know?” asked the boy.
 
 
“I do like you but I don’t!”
 
 
Those words. Seohyun was instantly with the memory of Yonghwa and Seohyun’s argument. 
 
 
Seohyun shook her head as she turned around and away from the scene. “Why are you thinking about him Seohyun?! It’s only been a day!” muttered Seohyun under her breath. 
 
 
She spotted a men’s store. It was perfect to buy a tie for her dad for Christmas. She pumped her first at her side and said, “Okay Seohyun, it’s time to immerse yourself in Christmas shopping.”
 
 
She went off into the store and began picking out ties. Her dad loved ties. He always said that he never own enough. Next, for her mom, Seohyun stopped by at the ladies section of the department store. She figured she could kill two birds with one stone, buying her mom a new dress and buying Seowoo new shoes. 
 
 
After Seohyun had picked out the dress and shoes, she made her way to the cashier to purchase her items. 
 
 
“Hi, did you find everything--oh! I know you!”
 
 
Seohyun looked up at the cashier as she set all her things down. She looked familiar.
 
 
The cashier smiled, “You’re Seohyun at the auditions in Busan. I’m Kim Hyorin! I was one of the auditionee’s.”
 
 
Seohyun was taken aback. She remembered now. “Wow, you work here?”
 
 
She nodded. “Yup, when I’m not going out to auditions I’m here all day. I need to make a living somehow you know!” She began ringing up Seohyun’s things. “I heard you got the role with that really cute guy. What was his name again?” 
 
 
Seohyun blushed, “Yonghwa…”
 
 
“Right!” gushed Hyorin. “He was so handsome! I can’t believe you got to work with him. I’m so jealous! Did you see the new Dazed & Confused Magazine? He’s not featured in it but he has some ad photos put in. He looked really hot and amazingly cool and--”
 
 
“Uh Hyorin,” cut off Seohyun. “I’m a little bit of a rush.”
 
 
“Oh, I’m sorry!” Hyorin began placing all her purchases in a bag. “That’ll be 150,000 won.”
 
 
Seohyun nodded as she gave Hyorin the cash. She took the bag and said, “Thanks Hyorin. It was nice seeing you here. Good luck on your next auditions!”
 
 
“Thanks Seohyun!”
 
 
Seohyun smiled, turned around, and began walking out of the department store. Why did it that everywhere she went she was reminded of Yonghwa. It was getting ridiculous. 
 
 
Seohyun exited out the department store and began making her way to the oriental mart where they had a variety of herbal medicines. She wanted to buy Jungil some since he works at the action school and gets hurt often. He never buys any organic medicine for himself. She immediately turned to the ginseng aisle and began looking for good deals on a bundle. 
 
 
Suddenly, her phone rang. She reached into her jacket pocket and answered. “Hello? Oh, hey Seowoo. What’s up?”
 
 
“I have something urgent to tell you!” yelled Seowoo into the phone. 
 
 
“Urgent?” asked Seohyun as she flipped through a catalog that explained the different types of ginseng and what it affects were. “Tell me about it.” Seohyun had a nonchalant attitude towards Seowoo’s “urgent” calls because they were often. Something urgent could possibly mean she broke a nail or maybe she lost a pair of her shoes. Which she oddly always does.
 
 
“Oh come on Seohyun. I know that tone in your voice! You’re just appeasing me thinking its just another little matter. Well, it’s not!”
 
 
Seohyun sighed. “Alright alright Seowoo. Tell me what’s this about. I’m all ears.”
 
 
“I can’t.”
 
 
“What?!” yelled Seohyun slightly annoyed. “What do you mean you can’t tell me?”
 
 
She heard Seowoo laugh. “I have to tell you this news in person!” 
 
 
“Oh god Seowoo,” said Seohyun. “Don’t tell me you’re pregnant!” 
 
 
“NO!” yelled Seowoo. “Jeez Seohyun, just tell me where you are and I’ll meet you.”
 
 
Seohyun proceeded to tell Seowoo that she was at the mall. They agreed to meet at the bookstore in thirty minutes to an hour. The bookstore had a small café inside and Seohyun loved to frequent there. 
 
 
Once Seohyun hung up, she had already chosen the ginseng bundle she wanted and went to pay for it. 
 
 
Seohyun walked out of the oriental store, happy to have finished her Christmas shopping early. She was so glad that this year she wasn’t pining for gifts on the day before Christmas. 
 
 
Seohyun stopped in front of the bookstore, where she promised to meet Seowoo. She decided to browse around before the allotted time they were to meet. She hovered over the ‘Self Improvement’ section, fascinated by each and every book. After all, it was her favorite genre to read. 
 
 
With a little shopping basket filled with books, Seohyun went around to all the other sections just to see what other books may be out. She eventually wandered into the Pop Culture & Music section. Aligned on the walls were large test headphones to try out. Seohyun stopped at one and decided to listen. 
 
 
The song seemed familiar. It didn’t have lyrics, instead it was a guitar instrumental. She closed her eyes and smiled. She remembered now. 
 
 
It was the same instrumental that Seohyun listened to at her first audition. It was where she first met Yonghwa who had helped her to calm her nerves with this song. She reached next to the headphones and picked up a C.D. for her to buy. She looked over at the price of the headphones and realized that it was priced reasonably. 
 
 
“I think I’ll buy this for Yonghwa,” said Seohyun as she placed the packaged headphones in her basket. Thinking back, Yonghwa’s earphones were frayed. These new headphones were of higher quality and they had different features. “I could probably have this mailed.” 
 
 
She began walking further into the section and stopped at the latest magazine racks and picked up the latest Dazed & Confused magazine that Hyorin had mentioned. She flipped through the pages and stopped at the ad that Yonghwa was in. She smiled. Hyorin was right. He did look ridiculously handsome in it. “You just won’t get out of my head Yonghwa oppa. You just won’t.” She closed the magazine and placed it in her shopping basket. 
 
 
Suddenly, her phone let out a little ding! that indicated a new text message had arrived.
 
 
Seowoo was here, waiting for her at the downstairs café.
 
 
 
 
 
“So, what was it that you wanted to talk to me about?” Seohyun sat down across from Seowoo at the café table and set all her shopping bags down beside her. 
 
 
Seowoo smiled at her as she slid a cup towards her. “Tea? I see you’ve done a bit of shopping. Ever since you got your first job, you seem to be spending quite a bit!”
 
 
Seohyun laughed. “Oh Seowoo, their all just Christmas presents, including yours.”
 
 
Seowoo’s face brightened as she attempted to reach for a bag. “Could it be this one…?”
 
 
Seohyun gave her a sharp glare. “Seowoo unnie…”
 
 
Seowoo put her hands up with a teasing smile. “Fine, fine. I can wait until Christmas.” She took a sip of her coffee and said, “Anyways, I’m here to talk to you about really great news.”
 
 
Seohyun playfully rolled her eyes. “Yes I know, that’s why I’m here.”
 
 
“I got a call today,” said Seowoo, brushing off Seohyun’s remark. “from the company that hired you for the music video.”
 
 
“Oh,” replied Seohyun. “I never really knew their name. They were so secretive about the location in Busan and the management of the contracts.”
 
 
“Ever heard of SM Entertainment?”
 
 
Seohyun thought for a moment. “The company with all the idols right? Jang Ri In and Junsu are in it. They are singing the song for the music video. Yeah, were they the ones that called you?”
 
 
“Yes!” said Seowoo. “They called to tell me they want to meet you!”
 
 
Seohyun’s eyes widened. “Wait, they want to see me? Like meet with me aside from the music video?”
 
 
Seowoo nodded. “They want to talk about your future in their company with you.”
 
 
Seohyun clasped her hands together in utter shock. “Like a contract?!”
 
 
Seowoo took Seohyun’s hands happily. “Like a contract Seohyun! That means you’ll have more acting jobs to do! You might even have a potential music career or modeling career. Who knows?!”
 
 
Seohyun couldn’t help but have the biggest smile on her face. Maybe from this, her career may just kick off sooner than she expected.