Homebase

25 Days Of Falling In Love

 

 

December 21, 2010

 

“Oh, I just want you for my own. More than you can ever know. Make my wish come true. Baby all I want for Christmas is you, baby!”

Seo Seohyun’s hand instinctively went to her bedside table where her phone rang. She grabbed it before it went to voicemail and answered groggily with a hello.

 

“Hey Seohyun, it’s Yonghwa. Did I just wake you up?”

 

Her eyes shifted to the digital clock on her  bedside table reading 12:20 PM while saying, “Sort of...”

 

He laughed. “I’m sorry but I wanted to invite you over to my apartment today. Junsu called me earlier and asked if we can all gather together tonight at my place to have dinner and hang out. Would you come?”

 

Seohyun smiled. “Of course, how could I not go? Do I need to bring anything?”

 

She heard him laugh. “Nope. I just need you. I’ll text you my address and the time,” replied Yonghwa. “I’ll see you soon.”

 

“Bye.”

 

Seohyun hung up her phone and finally stood up from her bed, realizing how late in the day it was. She was just so exhausted from yesterday’s shoot that she needed this rest. Heading downstairs, she went straight to the house phone answering machine, seeing the blinking red light that indicated a new message was left. 

 

It was her mother, reminding her to eat and have a good breakfast. The most important meal of the day, which she had already skipped anyways. So unlike her character. 

 

Instead, Seohyun filled up a kettle with water and put it on the stove top to heat for tea. She then made her way to the hallway of the house entrance and began flipping through the mail.

 

Seohyun finally reached the end of the pile and held up a large fat manila envelope addressed to her. She hastily ripped open the package and produced out Seohyun and Yonghwa’s photos and pages for the January issue of CeCi Magazine. It wasn’t the official copy yet, which was to be released at the end of December. 

 

She went over to the living room and set the pile on the coffee table and went to go get her tea and prepare herself a lunch before she checked out what CeCi magazine came up with. The first few pages were single shots of Seohyun and all the different concepts she portrayed on her own that day. 

 

As she continued flipping through, Seohyun stopped at a particular picture that took her breath away. It was of Yonghwa and Seohyun in their first few takes of their first concept together. The photographer had taken a picture at the exact moment where Yonghwa and Seohyun were staring intensely at each other, fingertips upon fingertips touching, just lingering in the space between them. The dream like garden background and flawless finish of the photo was only a catalyst to the emotions that could be felt. 

 

Seohyun separated the photo from the rest of the pile and continued on. After flipping through more photos, she finally reached Yonghwa’s interview. 

 

 

After interviewing the lovely Seohyun, CeCi magazine writer Chung Jolie sat down with the handsome Jung Yonghwa. 

 

J: Fans want to know more about Jung Yonghwa. So, how are you feeling about all the attention you are now receiving ever since the music video teaser came out?

 

Y: In one word? Crazy. I had done some modeling, like ads in magazines but nothing from that can compare to this. 

 

J: You are much more experienced in this industry than Seohyun is. You’re signed with FNC Music and have established yourself with fans. Did you have any pointers or tips that you gave her?

 

Y: (Laughs) I’m no top star celebrity but yeah I did give her some advice here and there. Nothing big or anything. It was mostly about her getting away from her nervousness and feeling more comfortable. I am just a rook as she is in the acting sense. I signed with FNC Music to become a musician but I love to model, and act as well. I wanted to delve into the different aspects of entertainment. With my limited experience, I was able to help out Seohyun when she needed it.

 

J: Tell me about the first time you met Seohyun.

 

Y: My manager had told me auditions were being held for a music video that were going to feature vocals of a most anticipated comeback of two artists. I was immediately intrigued at that point and figured why not give it a try. I had been taking classes and it wouldn’t hurt to try out. I was sitting by myself, listening to music trying to get in the zone, when my name and her name were called to audition together. There were three stages and in the first stage we were asked to act out a scene, all improv. I saw in her eyes that she was panicking inside so I told her to just follow me and she did. We ended up being paired together for all the stages and the rest was history. 

 

J: What was your first impression of her?

 

Y: That she was cute. After the first stage of the audition, I pinched her cheeks. I couldn’t help it. She was so innocent and the naiveté in her eyes was charming. I wanted to protect her and I felt we really connected throughout the audition. We became really close and I can honestly say she’s a great friend to have. 

 

J: Wow, it’s incredible the way the two of you describe each other.

 

Y: How?

 

J: You both had nice words to say about each other and even the story of how you two first met made my heart skip a beat! Fans have noticed this incredible chemistry just through previews and I can see how much you both care for each other.

 

Y: When you work with someone as closely as I did with Seohyun, you can’t help but become closer. (Smiles widely) She was the only one on set that I really wanted to turn to and talk to. She’s been so caring towards me. It’s hard not to want to be close with her.

 

J: Fans are dying to know, is there more to your friendship than what meets the eye?

 

Y: (Takes his time to respond) With her, you never know. She’s full of surprises Jolie and it’ll shock people. For now, she’s just my good friend and we’ll leave it at that. 

 

This ended my interview with Seohyun and Yonghwa and it was such a pleasure to be able to chat with rising stars. During the photo shoot with CeCi Magazine, it was announced that the two would appear together in a coffee commercial! So loyal CeCi readers, don’t miss out on seeing this dynamic duo work together again. I’m sure this won’t be the last we’ll see of them together. - Jolie

 

 

Seohyun reread Yonghwa’s part of the interview over and over again until she felt she could memorize almost every word. How was it that even on paper, he was still able to make Seohyun’s heart beat faster and cheeks blush. 

 

After staring at the interview for another time, Seohyun hastily placed the paper on the bottom of the pile. She took the package upstairs to her room and placed it on her desk to show her parents later. 

 

Seohyun then went back downstairs to heat up her now luke warm tea. She hurriedly made her way to the kitchen and put the cup in the microwave. She then grabbed a plate from the cupboard, a turkey sandwich that her mom had left her in the fridge, and waited for her tea to be ready.

 

Once the microwave beeped and the tea was hot again she walked over to the kitchen table, set her plate down, sat, and propped her elbow on the table resting her chin on her hand as she played with the tea bag in her mug. Seohyun looked at her phone beside the cup and wanted so bad to talk her feelings out to someone. It took her a few minutes to finally figure out who to call. 

 

After tapping her fingers against the screen of her phone, she finally picked it up and gave Nicole a call.

 

“Oh my gosh Seohyun! It’s been so long since we’ve talked!” answered Nicole. “How have you been? You aren’t in classes lately...”

 

Seohyun laughed. “Yeah I know. I’m sorry about that but I’ve been busy. Besides, shouldn’t holiday break be starting now?”

 

“It actually started today,” replied Nicole. “I’ve been at the auditorium setting up the camera’s for the ‘A Christmas Carol’ production. Everyone misses you and Seowoo.”

 

“Aw, tell them I miss them too! I’ll definitely be there at opening night and Seowoo should be back tomorrow from her honeymoon. But, I called you because I wanted to talk to you about something.”

 

“Let me guess. Is it about Yonghwa?”

 

Seohyun sighed as Nicole laughed. “A couple of days ago we did a photo shoot slash interview together and today the magazine sent me the rough copy of it. I just finished reading Yonghwa’s interview and--”

 

“Wait! Read me his interview out loud first!”

 

Seohyun cradled the phone in her ear, took her cup of tea and sandwich, and went up to her room to read the interview with Nicole. It took over half an hour to read it through because Nicole kept on insisting that Seohyun be thorough with each and every word on the page. 

 

“Nicole...” said Seohyun as she was losing her patience. “I am not reading his interview for the fifth time. So tell me what you think!”

 

“Seohyun,” started Nicole. “I’m going to try to say this to you in the nicest possible way that I can. You. Need. To. Stop. Being. In. Denial.”

 

“Denial?!”

 

“Yes denial Seohyun!” replied Nicole fiercely. “You obviously like Yonghwa and Yonghwa obviously likes you! I may not know everything that’s going on but something as obvious as this shouldn’t be left alone. This fear you have of being in a relationship will only make you regret that you didn’t even think to try it out with him.”

 

“Denial and fear.” said Seohyun as she laid down on her bed. “Denial and fear.”

 

Nicole chuckled. “It’s hard to process right? But this is from what I see and I’d rather be the friend that tells you something this personal than have someone else do it. Seohyun, you’re wonderful when it comes to taking care of others but you at taking care of yourself. You may think that not being with him will be the best for both of you but it really isn’t.”

 

“But I honestly think it will be!” retorted Seohyun. “We’re just starting out in this industry Nicole. What other celebrities have you heard of that were in a relationship?”

 

“Not many,” admitted Nicole. “But that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. There are a lot of ways to be in a relationship without people knowing.”

 

“You mean a secret relationship? I hate that because everyone knows that it’ll just get messy in the end. We’ll have to lie and I can’t live with that.”

 

“You’re already lying to yourself if you honestly think that it’ll be okay if you let him go. Nothing will help unless you have this revelation on your own.”

 

“His mother, you, and Seowoo all told me the same things. I know what you’re saying is true. I know it, but if you can just think from my perspective for a moment. No one has tried to think this situation through my point of view.”

 

Nicole sighed. “Look, just go there tonight with an open mind. That’s all you need.” 

 

Seohyun nodded. “Alright, thanks Nicole. I really needed this.”

 

“Not a problem, you can call me anytime when you need my advice. I hear from others that if becoming a director doesn’t work out I can just be a therapist.”

 

They both laughed, said their goodbyes, and hung up the phone. She got up from her bed and began to get ready for the event that night.

 

 

Around 5p.m. Seohyun arrived outside of Yonghwa’s apartment door dressed in jeans, a long sleeve emerald green chiffon shirt under a warm jacket, and her favorite pair of dark brown ankle boots. Her hair was up in a wavy ponytail. Her hands were filled with a tray of freshly boiled sweet potato’s as she rang the doorbell with one hand. 

 

She heard a scuffle and a couple of banging noises before the door opened to reveal an out of breath Yonghwa. He had on a cooking apron and his hair look disheveled. “You’re on time!”

 

Seohyun looked up at him with a confused expression. “Why wouldn’t I be on time?”

 

Yonghwa gave her a coy smile. “I need you to help me with a favor.” He took her hand and led her into his apartment. 

 

Flustered, Seohyun hurriedly took off her shoes and let Yonghwa lead her. She looked around her and saw that his apartment was clean, a table was set with silverware, and she could smell food cooking. He led her into the kitchen where she saw one pot on the stove boiling.

 

She presented the plate of sweet potato’s to Yonghwa. “I made these for tonight. I was wondering if you would have enough food and by the looks of it Yong, you might need to cook some more.”

 

“And that’s where you come in,” said Yonghwa as he took the plate from her and set it down. “Junsu and Ri In won’t be coming until 7 and I really need you to help me cook more food. I only know how to make spicy rice cakes and a good pot of rice. Other than that I’m stuck. It’s why I asked you to come earlier.”

 

Seohyun laughed as she grabbed a spare apron from a kitchen rack. “You could have just asked me over the phone. I wouldn’t have said no. Alright then, let’s see what you have in your fridge. I’m no chef either.”

 

The two busily began looking in the fridge to see what they could come up with. As Yonghwa tended to his one dish, Seohyun looked up recipes that coerced with the ingredients they had. Soon enough the two hours went by and Junsu and Ri In were going to walk through the door any minute. 

 

“I’m going to go change and get ready before they come,” said Yonghwa as he took off his apron. “Will you be okay here?”

 

Seohyun nodded as she stirred his spicy rice cake soup. “Go on ahead.”

 

Everything was finished. In some odd miracle, the two of them had concocted two more dishes, seasoned fried chicken and stir fried noodles all made step by step with the help of online recipes. Now, all Seohyun had to do while Yonghwa got ready was keep the food warm.

 

“How do I look?”

 

Seohyun turned around to Yonghwa’s voice and found him standing in the kitchen archway with a wide grin on his face. He was wearing jeans on the bottom and a dark blue plaid shirt under a dark tan sweater. He looked handsome but it was obvious that he had carelessly combed his fingers through his hair. 

 

Seohyun approached him as she said, “You look good but...” She reached up to his hair and fixed parts that were just messy. “You need a comb.”

 

Yonghwa smiled down at her. “Thanks for helping me out today.”

 

She looked up at him. “Not a problem at all.”

 

Ding Dong. Ding Dong.

 

Eyes wide Yonghwa exclaimed, “They’re here!” and made a dash for the door to let the guests in. 

 

Seohyun leaned against the kitchen archway and stared as Yonghwa greeted Junsu and Ri In with such polite manners. She put a hand to her burning cheeks and felt the warmth tingle in the palm of her hand. He was making her crazy.

 

She took off the apron and quickly went to Yonghwa’s side to greet Junsu and Ri In.

 

 

“Wow! Yonghwa you made all this?!” exclaimed Junsu as he sat at the dinner table next to Ri In. “It all looks so delicious!”

 

Ri In nodded in agreement. “It really does, thanks guys. When Junsu called to say we were having dinner at Yonghwa’s place I knew he was taking advantage of his seniority over you.”

 

Junsu playfully bumped shoulders with Ri In. “Aren’t we having a nice dinner because of it?”

 

Ri In rolled his eyes at him as she picked up her utensils. 

 

Yonghwa laughed. “I can’t take all the credit. I had Seohyun here to help me.” He gave her a wink as he picked up his chopsticks. “I can only really take credit for the spicy rice cakes. That’s my moms secret recipe.”

 

“How has your activities been going?” asked Ri In to both Yonghwa and Seohyun. “I heard that you’ve been doing a lot of it together.”

 

“Yeah, we just finished up a coffee commercial,” answered Seohyun. “How about you and Junsu? When do your activities together start?”

 

“This seasoned fried chicken is amazing!”

 

“Please ignore him,” said Ri In with a shake of her head. “He can’t help himself around food. His tongue practically wags itself. Anyways, we start appearences at music shows right after the music video premieres.”

 

With his mouth filled with food Junsu said, “You two got the invitations to the premiere night right?”

 

They both nodded. 

 

“There’s also going to be a premiere party a day before the music video airs as well,” continued Junsu once he swallowed his food. “The director, writer, and the rest of the staff usually plans it and invites everyone. It’s usually in the form of a mass text through your managers.”

 

“That should be fun!” said Seohyun as her eyes lit up. “I love all these parties.”

 

“ I didn’t take you as a party girl Hyun. Do you love alcohol as well?” joked Yonghwa.

 

She laughed. “I prefer not to drink, but if the mood calls for it why not?”

 

“I’ll take your word on that,” replied Yonghwa with a smirk on his face.

 

The four of them continued on with their dinner, truly bonding over their conversations with Junsu and Ri In sharing their rookie horror stories and Seohyun and Yonghwa talking about the university she attends and the company he’s in. 

 

Seohyun really liked the presence that Junsu and Ri In emitted. They were fun and likable. The two of them knew each other so well like two perfectly connected puzzle pieces. Ri In just knew exactly what to say and she was so sophisticated about it. A veteran’s mouth, one may say. Junsu was cute, adorable, and he was the type to open up fast as long as he felt he could trust them. He cracked jokes, he made the whole table laugh, but when he told a story seriously, Seohyun could see all the trials he’s been through in his life. They were honest about everything and she liked that. 

 

“Let’s play a game,” announced Junsu once they had all cleared the food off their plates. “Like charades or something?”

 

“That sounds good,” agreed Yonghwa as he began clearing the table. 

 

Seohyun stood up to help him as did Ri In.

 

“We can do teams!” yelled Junsu as he headed towards the living room. “Ri In and I versus you two!” 

 

Once the three had cleared the table while Junsu rushed around to get what they needed for the game, Ri In had announced for Seohyun to walk around the apartment with her since Yonghwa had not given them a formal tour. 

 

Finding that Junsu had zero interest in joining the mini tour Yonghwa allowed the two girls to walk around so that he could occupy Junsu.

 

Ri In hooked arms with Seohyun as they began their tour. The apartment wasn’t grand but it wasn’t small either. It was good enough for one person to live in and was paid off for by Yonghwa’s company. Ri In was more excited than Seohyun as she was the one who kept opening random doors. They examined closets, walked in the bathroom and commented on how surprisingly clean it was with Ri In deducing that he had cleaned it right before they got there, and finally they arrived in his room. 

 

Spacious and just adjacent to the living room. The scheme was in cool toned blues, and the walls an off white. His double bed was off to the right side while his desk was pushed to the left. It had a computer and was filled with equipment that made music. A picture of his family hung on the wall above the multiple guitars, acoustic and electric, that were alined on the walls. His bookcase was filled with manga which Seohyun had laughed at. It was totally opposite from what she read. 

 

“Now this is what a guy’s apartment should look like,” said Ri In as she showed Seohyun his messy closet. 

 

They both laughed and Ri In took a seat on Yonghwa’s bed. “I’ve seen the way he looks at you,” said Ri In as she patted the space next to her. “Yonghwa, I mean.”

 

“Yeah?” replied Seohyun as the revelation from Ri In was what everyone was telling her anyways. No surprises there. She took a seat beside her. 

 

Ri In nodded. “It was the same way Junsu and I looked at each other.”

 

Seohyun looked at Ri In with a shocked expression. “You two liked each other?!”

 

“I never stopped,” sighed Ri In. “But I don’t know about him anymore. I guess you want to know our story right? We met before my debut because well he features in my first single. We worked everyday together and talked to each other mostly about work. As we talked to each other more I found out we shared the same values not only in music but about the little things in our lives as well. We got close to each other to the point where we would talk on the phone for hours, hang out at the recording studio, and even at his home and my own home. At the beginning of September, weeks before my debut, he confessed to me that he’d fallen for me and I  told him the same. The thing was...I wasn’t ready. I had the same concerns like you probably do, that I’m a rookie and being in a relationship especially with someone else from my field could potentially destroy my career. Junsu understood all that so he didn’t press me about it. Then, one night he came over to my house drunk. I couldn’t just leave him there, he’s the Xiah Junsu. What if paparazzi caught us? So, I brought him inside. I tried to calm him down but he kept yelling at me telling me that he had fallen in love with me. That, I was a different girl that understood him,” Ri In looked at Seohyun with a sad smile. “How could I not love him even more after that? But to protect us, I coldly told him I could never love him and he passed out on my couch. The next morning, he was gone. We never spoke of that night again. He never acknowledged what he told and we resumed our friendship. I debuted, became successful and once Timeless promotions were over, it was so hard to see him. But, we continued to talk and text on the phone and now that we’re singing again together, all those feelings that I’ve been pushing away has resurfaced.”

 

Seohyun put a hand on top of Ri In’s. “You thought it was the right thing to do.”

 

“I did,” replied Ri In. “And it has been the biggest regret of my life and I don’t want you to make the same mistake I did. I could have had someone like Junsu to love, care for, and understand me in a way someone outside of this industry never could. He knows me and I know him. What I chose back then wasn’t the best decision. A lot of things could have been different. I should have taken the chance.”

 

“But there are so many what if’s!”

 

“Look at him,” instructed Ri In as she nodded at the doorway. “Really look at him.”

 

Seohyun did as she was told and saw across the hall Junsu and Yonghwa laughing as they were trying to set up charades. The way he laughed, smiled, and spoke made Seohyun’s heart ache, her mind race, and her lips smile.

 

“That feeling,” whispered Ri In. “Is something you should never let go.”

 

Just then, Yonghwa looked over at them and waved his hand for them to come over. 

 

Ri In put a hand on Seohyun’s shoulder. “I love talking to you Seohyun. If you ever need anything, just call me and I’ll always help you out.”

 

Seohyun gave her an appreciated smile. “Thank you.”

 

“Hey! What are you two doing in there?!” yelled Junsu as they heard him rustling about. “Let’s get this game started!”

 

The two smiled at each other and went off into the living room to start the game.

 

 

“You only won because we let you,” said Yonghwa as he began cleaning up the papers that were strewn all over the floor as well as the sweet potato’s peels after Junsu had happily thrown everything around once he and Ri In won the final round of charades.

 

Junsu looked around the floor at the mess that he made and apologetically began helping Yonghwa clean. “I’m sorry, I just get all excited and competitive.”

 

“That is why I hate playing games with him,” laughed Ri In. She looked down at her phone and then looked back at Junsu. “We should be going soon.”

 

“Okay,” said Junsu as he picked up the last piece. “Thanks Yonghwa, for having us tonight. It was really nice to get away and hang out with our juniors.”

 

“Would you like some leftovers?” asked Yonghwa.

 

Junsu grinned. “You didn’t even need to ask.”

 

As the two went into the kitchen, Ri In walked over to Seohyun. “I’m not going to offer you a ride home.” She gave Seohyun a wink and left her speechless as she went to the closet to retrieve hers and Junsu’s jackets. 

 

“Junsu come on!” yelled Ri In. “Leave some for Yonghwa too!”

 

“I’m coming!” Junsu came out with two bags filled with food. Ri In only handed his jacket to him with a shake of her head.

 

Yonghwa gave Junsu a pat on his back as he said to Ri In, “Will you two be okay to drive home? You two did come together right?”

 

Ri In nodded. “But can you bring Seohyun home? We live far away and I’d rather her not take the bus.”

 

Yonghwa looked at Seohyun and smiled. “Sure, not a problem.”

 

Ri In looked at Seohyun, gave her a wink, and reached in for a hug. “I’ll see you soon.”

 

Seohyun hugged her back and said happily, “Have a good night.”

 

Yonghwa and Seohyun watched the two leave the apartment and as the door closed, they both let out a sigh of relief. 

 

“I’ve been watching ever word I say and keeping my back straight,” said Yonghwa as he began hitting his back.

 

Seohyun smiled. “I’ve been speaking in honorifics like crazy.”

 

He simply laughed. “That’s not that bad. You still do that with me.”

 

“Do I?” She asked as he nodded. “I guess it’s just habit.”

 

Yonghwa scoffed. “Come on, I’ll take you home.”

 

“You really don’t have too,” said Seohyun as she shook her head. “Ri In was just saying that to--”

 

“Make us be together?” interjected Yonghwa as he took out his and her coat from the closet. “If you think I’m letting you go home alone at this hour than you’ve thought wrong. Besides, I can just use a company car and it’s not like I get the chance to drive it around often,” He handed her coat to her. “So, I don’t mind giving you a ride home at all.”

 

Giving in, Seohyun put on her coat and followed Yonghwa as they went to the car. As Seohyun strapped in her seatbelt, they both looked at each other and gave a smile. 

 

As Yonghwa started the car and drove out of the garage he said, “I never properly thanked you for helping me out today. The food was really great.”

 

“Yonghwa?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I read your interview from CeCi Magazine. Did you get a copy too?”

 

He nodded. “I got to read it this morning. We looked really good in the pictures don’t you think?”

 

“Well yes we did really look good,” agreed Seohyun.

 

“I really like that one picture where we’re in the garden set. Do you remember that? We were quietly arguing to each other and the photographer caught us at just the right moment and it just looked so...”

 

As Yonghwa continued to talk, thoughts were racing in Seohyun’s head. She had so many questions to ask but she wasn’t sure which one to ask. Finally as she slowly turned her head towards Yonghwa who was still driving and talking nonchalantly, she asked, “What did you mean by that I’m full of surprises?”

 

Her question definitely shut Yonghwa up as she stared at him silently, awaiting his answer.

 

“If you think that you’re the type of person to think things through the end than, you’re right,” started Yonghwa. “You are exactly the type of person to think her future ahead, to see the pros and cons of her choices. The surprise in you Seohyun is that you’re never predictable. People who have the same mindset as you, are easy to predict. You’ll know every move they make before it is made themselves. You’ll know the answers and reasons why to everything. But amazingly enough, you don’t do that. When I first met you I thought I had you all figured out. I was so wrong. You’ve shocked me in so many ways that I can’t even explain it to you.”

 

“You really think that of me?”

 

He chuckled. “Yeah! Or, why else would I say it?”

 

“Ri In said I should take more chances...and so does Seowoo,” said Seohyun. 

 

“What do they mean by more chances?” asked Yonghwa.

 

“More chances with you.”

 

Jut as she said that, Yonghwa pulled up to her home. She looked at the driveway and saw that her parents were already home. He parked the car, and the two sat there silently in the heated car.

 

He turned to her from his seat. “Is that what you and Ri In were talking about in my room?”

 

Seohyun nodded. “She was giving me advice about you.”

 

“About me?”

 

She turned to face him and let out a nervous sigh to calm her nerves. “I like you, a lot. Everyone notices that and everyone tells me that I should follow what my heart tells me. And you know how many times I’ve been against that. You know exactly what I’m scared of. You know me,” She put a hand over her rapidly beating heart. “And that’s what scares me the most. You understand me. But thinking about it, I need someone like you to be in my life. I need you to understand me because I’m scared that there will be no one else in this world that will know me like you do. I don’t want to let this feeling pass and regret what we could’ve had in the future. I want to take a chance, a leap of faith. Like you said Yonghwa, I’m full of surprises. So...surprise.”

 

Yonghwa stared into her eyes, with a slight frown on his face. Seohyun desperately wanted to know what he was thinking. So, Seohyun began to lean towards Yonghwa wanting to kiss him. She saw him doing the same and just when their lips were about to touch, they stopped. She could feel his breath against her skin and her hand went to touch his cheek. Both their eyes were closed and their foreheads just about to touch.

 

“Wait, I can’t. You’re being pressured to do this. You haven’t thought this through,” He reached for her hand and gently pushed it away.

 

Seohyun’s eyes opened as Yonghwa pulled back. 

 

“Think this through,” He said. “If there were any moments to regret, this may be it.”

 

She looked at him incredulously, “What are you talking about?”

 

“This is too rash, even for you,” Yonghwa replied. “Go inside and just think this through. Is this really what you want? Or is it just the people around you telling you what to do?”

 

“Yonghwa, I don’t understand. If you’re asking me if I’m being true than yes! Don’t you feel the same way about me?”

 

They both looked at each other. Seeing the pain in Seohyun’s eyes, he tried to be as gentle as possible by saying, “Goodnight Hyun.”

 

She broke off from his stare, opened the car door, and got out. Tears welled in her eyes as she watched Yonghwa drive off.