Tease Tease Teaser

25 Days Of Falling In Love

 

December 14, 2010
 
You have a text message! You have a text message! YOU HAVE A TEXT MESSAGE! 
 
 
Seo Seohyun rolled over in her bed, reached for her face, and unstuck her cell phone that had glued to her face during sleep. She looked at the call log and realized they had stopped talking at four in the morning. So now, she wondered what this text message was about that had awaken her from her deep slumber. 
 
 
“12 p.m. MTVK. -Minhyo, Giyoung, and SM Entertainment.”
 
 
It took a while for Seohyun’s groggy eyes to register what the text message had said. But when she did, she was puzzled. 
 
 
Seohyun had an inkling of what the text message was about, but it was too soon. She climbed out of bed and began making her way down to the kitchen to make breakfast. She never skipped the most important meal of the day.
 
 
She was starting to cut up fruits when…
 
 
“You have a text message! You have a text message! YOU HAVE A TEXT MESSAGE!!!”
 
 
“I have to change this message tone,” muttered Seohyun as she reached for her phone in the apron pocket. 
 
 
“Did you get the text message from Minhyo and them? - Yonghwa.”
 
 
Seohyun was quick with her reply. “Yes I did, I think I may know what it means.”
 
 
“So do I. - Yonghwa.”
 
 
“Tell my your prediction. -Seohyun.”
 
 
“Not unless you tell me yours first. -Yonghwa.”
 
 
“Isn’t it obvious? - Seohyun.”
 
 
“Then why are you asking? - Yonghwa.”
 
 
“I just want to be sure! -Seohyun.”
 
 
“Then I guess we’ll have to wait and see. - Yonghwa.”
 
 
She thought for a moment as she starred down at her phone. Seohyun looked over at the clock and decided to be bold. 
 
 
“Let’s watch it together. - Seohyun.”
 
 
Seohyun starred down at her phone waiting for a reply. 
 
 
“Time? :) - Yonghwa.”
 
 
“11:30? - Seohyun.”
 
 
“I’ll be there. - Yonghwa.”
 
 
 
 
Seohyun stepped out of the shower and immediately looked up at the bathroom clock. It was ten minutes to 11, and she only had thirty to get ready.
 
 
After scarfing down her breakfast, Seohyun ran to her shower. Now she was currently blow drying her hair. Hey, she didn’t want to seem like she just got out of bed…even though she technically did. Quickly putting on jeans, a simple gray t-shirt, and a light blue cardigan, Seohyun ran downstairs to tidy up the living room. 
 
 
With her eyes glued on the clock, Seohyun finished everything she had to clean up. 
 
 
Ding dong. 
 
 
11:30 on the dot. 
 
 
Seohyun opened the door and greeted Yonghwa to come in. He held up a plastic bag to her face and she asked, “What is that?”
 
 
“Ramen and dukbokki,” replied Yonghwa as he made his way into the kitchen. “I figured you haven’t had lunch yet.”
 
 
“Are you sure you can make that?” asked Seohyun as she closed the door. 
 
 
“Are you doubting me Hyun?” question Yonghwa from the kitchen.
 
 
“Well no,” followed Seohyun as she stood beside him. She pointed at the top cupboard where the pots and pans were. “Will you be able to finish before 12?”
 
 
He shook his head. “I’ll cook the dukbokki first before the ramen,” He turned o her with a little smile. “Now go on and turn on the T.V. I can do this on my own.”
 
 
Seohyun joking put her hands up in defeat. “Fine, fine but don’t you dare burn my house down.”
 
 
He laughed, shook his head, and pushed Seohyun out of the kitchen. 
 
 
Seohyun went into the living room and the T.V. She immediately clicked to MTVK. She couldn’t keep still and decided to pace around the room to calm her nerves. 
 
 
“The water and dukbokki has begun to boil so I’ll -- why…are you walking around the room like that?”
 
 
Seohyun stopped and looked at Yonghwa who was staring at her quizzically. “I’m nervous. Aren’t you?”
 
 
He shrugged. “Define nervous.”
 
 
“Like heart beating fast, palms sweating, lips dry type of nervous.”
 
 
Yonghwa placed his hands on her shoulders and pushed her down onto the couch to sit down. He sat beside her and said, “Breathe in, breathe out. If I knew you were going to be this nervous, I would have bought you a pill or something.”
 
 
Seohyun rolled her eyes at him. “I’m fine but this is like my first time experiencing something like this. In just a couple of minutes, my face will be on T.V.!”
 
 
“So will mine!”
 
 
“Whatever! You’re not a rookie like me!” Seohyun stood up again and resumed pacing around the room. 
 
 
Yonghwa shook his head as he stood up and said, “I’m going to check on the dukbokki.”
 
 
“Hurry back,” replied Seohyun. “It’s almost 12.”
 
 
Seohyun’s eyes were glued on the clock as she paced back and forth. Five minutes turned into four which in turn turned into three then two and finally the dreadful one minute mark. “Yong!” 
 
 
The announcer was just wrapping up the previous show, which was the top music videos of the month. 
 
 
“Now, MTVK will be releasing the first ever preview of the much anticipated single of the Christmas season, by the duo Xiah Junsu and Jung Ri In. Please welcome the music video teaser for the song Falling In Love!”
 
 
Seohyun could hear Yonghwa run in and sit beside her as she clasped her hands together. The scenic view of Busan appeared on the screen.
 
 
 
An aerial view of the bus driving down the road filled the screen as the words ‘Falling In Love’ slowly appeared in a hazy white color. The artists names appeared, smaller on the bottom, and the familiar melodic instrumental began to play.
 
 
It then cut to Yonghwa walking down the road and into the grass fields. A spiraling aerial view of Seohyun appeared with Yonghwa taking a picture of her.
 
 
“My mind hated him but my heart loved him.”
 
 
The scene of the rwo of them about to kiss flashed in slow motion and then to Seohyun and Yonghwa running.
 
 
The voices and harmony of the duo ed to an ear melting belt of the word love, bringing the teaser to a close with an up close shot of Seohyun blinking tears down her cheeks.
 
 
“Loving and understanding her was all I could give.”
 
 
Yonghwa’s voice echoed and the teaser turned to black with the date of the music video release. 
 
 
 
 
It was silent as the return of the announcer of the show shared his thoughts on the music video.
 
 
Seohyun couldn’t stop staring at the screen. She had done it. She had successfully debuted. “It was beautiful.”
 
 
Yonghwa laughed. “How are you feeling?”
 
 
She didn’t know at all. Nervous? Excitement? Happiness? It was more like a melting pot of all those things. 
 
 
“Hello? Earth to Seohyun!” Yonghwa waved his and at her face. “Don’t tell me you’re in shock?”
 
 
She turned to Yonghwa, practically breathless. “It turned out way better than I expected!”
 
 
Yonghwa nodded agreeing, “I knew it was going to be great but I didn’t know it would be this great.”
 
 
Suddenly, Seohyun’s cell phone began to ring. She checked the caller id and saw that it was Seowoo. She looked at Yonghwa.
 
 
“Go ahead,” He said as he rose from the couch. “I have to check on the food anyways.”
 
 
Seohyun waited until Yonghwa was in the kitchen to answer the phone. 
 
 
“AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!”
 
 
Seohyun grimaced with a small chuckle as she said, “Geez, Seowoo. Did you really have to scream like that?!”
 
 
“YES!!” shrieked Seowoo. 
 
 
“So, I’m guessing you saw the music video trailer?”
 
 
“Hell yeah I saw it! I even recorded it for Jungil later!” yelled Seowoo. “You looked absolutely beautiful Seohyun!”
 
 
She blushed. “Thank you.”
 
 
“How about Yonghwa? Did he text to you about it?” asked Seowoo.
 
 
“Actually,” hesitated Seohyun. “He’s here.”
 
 
“Here? As in your house?”
 
 
“Yes,”
 
 
“Seohyun, you!”
 
 
“It’s not like that!” defended Seohyun . “We texted each other after we got the text from Minhyo and I just invited him over to watch it together.”
 
 
“Well,” laughed Seowoo. “I hope you two have fun together.”
 
 
Seohyun rolled her eyes. “You’re being absolutely ridiculous.” 
 
 
“You always tell me that,” replied Seowoo. “Hey, I have to go. Jungil and I are going out to lunch but I’m seriously very proud of you. Congratulations.” 
 
 
She thanked Seowoo once again and the two hung up. She looked up and found Yonghwa holding the pot of dukbokki ramen with oven mitts. Seohyun immediately stood up and helped him to set up. 
 
 
“Was that Seowoo?” asked Yonghwa.
 
 
She nodded. “She called to say congratulations.”
 
 
“Oh, she saw it? Minhyo sure knows how to contact and tell everyone, doesn’t she?”
 
 
Seohyun went back to the kitchen to grab utensils and bowls. She set them on the coffee table of the living room. The two then sat down and looked at the finished product of Yonghwa’s cooking. It looked about right.
 
 
“I know that look Hyun,” said Yonghwa with a small smile. “It tastes better than you think.”
 
 
Seohyun took the ladle and scooped a good portion of the soup. The smell was right. 
 
 
As Yonghwa scooped his own, he exclaimed, “Seohyun just taste it!” 
 
 
She burst out laughing. “Alright, alright!” Seohyun took a scoop with her spoon and quickly put it in . As she chewed her eyes lit up with surprise. His dish was really good. 
 
 
“I told you so!”
 
 
Seohyun smiled. “Yes, it’s really good.”
 
 
They ate for a bit more before Yonghwa said, “Do you think the music video will be popular?”
 
 
“Popular?” asked Seohyun. “What do you mean?” 
 
 
Yonghwa set down his chopsticks and thought for a moment. “SM Entertainment is known for their teasers, music videos, and artists. This could really break us out in the entertainment industry.”
 
 
“Or,” replied Seohyun. “It could be such a huge disappointment and everyone would hate us.”
 
 
“Stop being so negative,” said Yonghwa as he stuck out his tongue. 
 
 
Seohyun couldn’t help but laugh at his childish antics. He was such a kid! “Anyways, thank you so much for lunch. I really appreciated it.”
 
 
Yonghwa shook his head. “Don’t worry about it. I’m just glad that we got to hang out today.”
 
 
The two had finished up their food and they took the dishes back to the kitchen to wash. Yonghwa continued to show his fun and childish side. The two wore aprons Seohyun had under the sink and Yonghwa took the initiative to wash while Seohyun dried. As they talked about trivial things like how was school for Seohyun or how Yonghwa was doing in the company, he would flick water or soap suds to her face. It wasn’t major but it was enough to make Seohyun squeal. She would retaliate with the same method and Yonghwa would just end up holding her back, laughing his head off. 
 
 
It was rare for Seohyun to see this side of his personality during filming. They always had to be in the zone or channel their characters constantly. It was refreshing and it made Seohyun smile more often than usual.
 
 
“Hyun!”
 
 
Seohyun snapped out of her thoughts as Yonghwa waved a hand in front of her. “I’m sorry. What were you sating?”
 
 
“I was saying that you should come by my place sometime. Since, you know, I’m always here.”
 
 
Seohyun nodded. “That would be great.”
 
 
Yonghwa looked down at his watch. “Well, I have to go. I have practice to do at the company.”
 
 
Seohyun followed Yonghwa as he made his way to her door. He put on his shoes and coat and stood before Seohyun.
 
 
“I don’t know what it is with you, but I’m always smiling and laughing around you. You could be doing absolutely nothing and I’ll still be smiling.” He reached for her arm and gave it a little squeeze. “Thanks for today.”
 
 
She leaned against the door frame with a silly smile on her face as she, “No problem. I’ll count on you next time for a fun day.”
 
 
He nodded, turned away and walked off. 
 
 
Seohyun stayed there until she disappeared behind the corner and she could no longer see him. She closed the door behind her and let out a sigh. 
 
 
In times like these, she wish she more confidence to do what she wanted. Kiss him.