Are You Alright?

25 Days Of Falling In Love

December 5, 2010

 

Beep! Beep! Beep!

 

Seohyun groaned as she rolled over in the hotel bed to shut off the alarm. It was 7 am and all Seohyun wanted to do was roll back into her covers and go back to sleep. But she couldn't do that. She got up from her bed and headed for the bathroom. She took a quick shower and tied her hair up after blow drying it.

 

Seohyun came out of the bathroom dressed. She knew she had to hurry because the company car would be getting her soon. Just as she was about to put on her coat, her cell phone began to ring.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hey, it's me.” It was Yonghwa. “I'm outside of the hotel.”

 

Surprised Seohyun replied, “You didn't have to pick me up Yong, one of the company driver's would have gotten me.”

 

“I know, but that would be no fun.” She heard him laugh. “Just hurry up and come outside, I'll be waiting in the parking lot. Oh, and dress warm it's kind of cold out.”

 

Seohyun smiled. “Okay I will, I'll be out in a minute.”

 

Once they hung up, she buttoned up her pink pea coat. She reached into her coat pockets, took out gloves, and put it on. Seohyun looked down and realized these were not her gloves. She thought for a moment and realized it was Yonghwa's gloves. She wondered if he still has her scarf.

 

After Seohyun finished getting ready she rushed out of the hotel. She spotted Yonghwa's car and quickly got in. She put her face in front of the heater, warming up her cheeks.

 

“I told you it was a bit cold outside,” laughed Yonghwa.

 

“A bit cold?! It's freezing outside!”

 

“Come here,” Yonghwa held out her scarf in front of her face. He unraveled it and wrapped it around her neck. “I see you have my gloves too.”

 

Seohyun's cheeks began to blush as she looked down at her hands. “Do you want them? Your hands look cold.”

 

“I'm fine,” Yonghwa started the car. “Let's get going.”

 

He backed up, exited the parking lot of the hotel, and pulled into the road towards the company building.

 

Seohyun turned to face Yonghwa. “About last night...I'm sorry.”

 

He shrugged. “Sorry about what?”

 

“The way it went down at the party. I didn't mean for you to get in the middle of it.”

 

“Have you talked to Seowoo noona at all?”

 

Seohyun sighed. “I tried calling her when you dropped me off at the hotel but she didn't answer or reply to the texts I sent her. Do you think she's still mad at me?”

 

“Well, I don't know. Honestly, this was all a misunderstanding. Do you like Jungil sshii?”

 

“He's an oppa to me. Someone I can look up to as an older brother and nothing more than that.” said Seohyun. “Besides, I've known for a long time that Seowoo likes him. I would never do that to her. I just don't understand why Jungil chose the moment to tell me he likes now!”

 

Yonghwa shook his head in a teasing manner. “He likes you because you're innocent and pretty. Who wouldn't fall for someone like you?”

 

Seohyun gave him a look. “You're just saying that.”

 

“Fine, don't believe me.” A small smile played on his lips.

 

Seohyun turned away from him and stared out the window. The rest of the car ride was silent.

 

811295jnixvug5c6.gif

 

“So, I want you two in the field like that. Do you have your script Yonghwa? Okay, good. Now in this scene you two have gotten closer. Play with her, give me some improv.” The director began to take his position behind the camera. “And Seohyun, keep that solemn look on your face. I like it.”

 

Seohyun nodded as she took to her position. She sat down on the field on top of the snow. It was ice cold. A shiver ran through her body. Her clothes today were simple but definitely didn’t have any warmth to it. Her stylists had arranged Seohyun to wear an off the shoulder white flowy shirt with a scattered designs of golden beaded X’s only on the upper area and, black tights with brown boots. Her hair was to the side in a long braid. To shield Seohyun from the cold, she only had a large jacket provided by the production team to wear off camera.

 

She spotted Yonghwa off to the side getting touch ups by the make up artists. He was wearing heavier clothes which consisted of a maroon sweater with a navy blue scarf, and khaki pants. He had on black rimmed non prescription glasses and his hair was straight down. He caught her eye and waved at her just as one of the stylists laid the camera over him. Once he was done, Yonghwa crossed over to where she was sitting.

 

The director began yelling to the crew to get ready. “Okay, Action!”

 

Click! Click! Click! Click!

 

Yonghwa kneeled in front of her as he took more pictures. She just stared at him with a blank expression on his face. He laughed. “You don’t like talking, do you?”

 

Seohyun looked away.

 

“You know, you never told me your name. I’m Yonghwa.” He let out his hand, only to be left with nothing. He dropped his camera so that it dangled from his neck, took her hand, placed it in his and shook their hands together. “Now, you tell me yours.”

 

They stared at each other for what seemed like eternity to Yonghwa.

 

“Seohyun,” She whispered delicately. “My name is Seohyun.”

 

“Well Seohyun, while I’m here in Busan we can be friends. You don’t mind taking pictures for me?”

 

She slowly shook her head no.

 

Yonghwa smiled. “Good,”

 

“Cut!” The director gave the two of them a thumbs up, “Okay, let’s move on to the next scene!”

 

The rest of the day went as followed. They shot two more scenes for hours over and over again.

 

 811295jnixvug5c6.gif

 

Seohyun sat outside on the bench in front of the company building. They had finally taken a break after shooting a couple more of the “getting to know each other better” scenes or as the director and writer liked to call it. Seohyun began to fiddle with her phone waiting for a text or a call. But for the past ten minutes, nothing came.

 

She folded her arms across her chest to keep herself warm as she looked out into the fields. Seowoo still hadn’t responded to her and Seohyun felt she could do nothing about it until she came around.

 

A steaming cup appeared in front of Seohyun’s face. She looked up to find Yonghwa standing beside her. She smiled. “Hi,”

 

“Hey,” He handed her the cup as he sat down beside her.

 

“Thank you Yong, but I don’t like coffee.”

 

“That’s why its green tea Hyun,”

 

Seohyun laughed. “Thanks,” She took a sip. She shivered from the warmth. “It’s what I needed.”

 

Yonghwa took a sip of his own coffee. “I love coffee, especially iced coffee.”

 

“You know,” said Seohyun. “Coffee isn’t really that good for you.”

 

“Says who?”

 

“Says the doctors!”

 

Yonghwa rolled his eyes teasingly. “Whatever!”

 

Seohyun chuckled as she cupped the Styrofoam cup in her hands letting the warmth tickle through her fingers. She stretched her legs lazily out in front of her. She felt a nudge on her shoulder.

 

“Are you alright?” asked Yonghwa. “You want to go inside?”

 

Seohyun shook her head. “I’m alright,”

 

“Are you still thinking about last night?”

 

“Those scenes…it just keeps replaying over and over again in my head,” Seohyun sighed. “I can’t make it go away. The guilt inside me is just so much that I can’t handle it. If this continues how am I going to shoot the rest of the music video?”

 

“Look, Seowoo will have to talk to you sooner or later and I’m pretty sure Jungil is dieing to talk to you too,” Yonghwa put a hand on Seohyun’s shoulder. “It shouldn’t be like this and you know it. You did nothing wrong Seohyun.”

 

Seohyun looked down at her lap. “Then why do I feel like everything’s my fault?”

 

“Things happen Hyun,”

 

“I know…”

 

“And you can’t beat yourself up for it,”

 

Tears were now forming in Seohyun’s eyes. “I hate fighting,” A teardrop fell into her lap.

 

“Hey…don’t cry,” Yonghwa put an arm around her shoulder. “Everything will be alright,”

 

“I hope so…” Seohyun suddenly felt Yonghwa gently push her head onto his shoulder.

 

He patted her back. “You can lean on me from now on.”

 

Seohyun closed her eyes and smiled. It wasn’t that hard to tell but Seo Seohyun was definitely developing a crush on Jung Yonghwa.

 

“Thanks,”

 

811295jnixvug5c6.gif

 

Seohyun walked out of the dressing room just finishing putting on her regular clothes from this morning. Shooting had finally ended but later than usual. It was 10 p.m. just as she was saying goodbye to the make up artists, stylists, the staff, and director. Seohyun braced herself for the cold as she walked through the double doors of the building.

 

After Seohyun and Yonghwa had that talk outside the building that afternoon, he had promised that he would take her back to the hotel. Her stay in Busan would end in another week as filming was going to start wrapping up with a few more scenes. What Seohyun couldn’t wait for were the artists behind the beautiful music. So far, the director had given them just the instrumental and Seohyun knew already that it was going to be a holiday hit.

 

“Seohyun!”

 

Seohyun turned around upon hearing her voice and spotted the writer, Lee Minhyo, running towards her.

 

“Hey Minhyo, what’s up?”

 

Breathless, Minhyo handed her two thick scripts. “I have the revisions for the ending. I’m finally satisfied with it! Would you mind giving the other script to Yonghwa?”

 

Seohyun starred down at the scripts as she nodded. “Sure, I’ll be sure to give it to him.”

 

“Thanks!” Minhyo began retreating inside and towards the elevators. “I’ll see you tomorrow Seohyun!”

 

“Goodnight Minhyo!”

 

Seohyun watched Minhyo enter the elevators before turning and heading towards the company parking lot. She held the two scripts close. She smiled at the thought of Yonghwa bringing her home. He was so caring towards her and such a nice guy overall. Seohyun couldn’t believe her luck.

 

“I missed you…”

 

Seohyun looked up from her daze upon hearing a person’s voice. In front of her were Yonghwa and a girl standing close to each other. Seohyun stopped in her tracks.

 

The girl suddenly pulled Yonghwa close and tightly hugged him. Yonghwa’s arms were wrapped around her. The girl slowly pulled away, reached up towards him and kissed him on the cheek.

 

Seohyun quickly looked away. She turned and began walking in the opposite direction. He had a girlfriend! Of course he would. It was now pointless for Seohyun to have a crush on him. But the way he cared for her…She shook her head from her thoughts. He probably thought of her only as a friend. She was so stupid to think that maybe he would like her!

 

“Hey Seohyun! Why are you still here?”

 

Seohyun looked up to find one of her usual hair stylists standing before her.

 

“Do you need a ride back to your hotel?”

 

Seohyun slowly nodded. “That would be nice please,”

 

The hair stylists chuckled, “My car is this way,”

 

Seohyun silently followed along. She got into the car and her hair stylists set off. The car passed Yonghwa and the girl who were now talking to each other closely. Seohyun looked away and waiting for the car to leave the parking lot before letting out a deep sigh.

 

“You must be tired,” said the hair stylists. “Take a nap and I’ll tell you when we’ve arrived.”

 

“Thank you so much,”