Instant Star

25 Days Of Falling In Love

 

December 16, 2010
 
Ding dong.
 
 
Seohyun’s eyes fluttered open at the sound of the doorbell ring. She looked over at the clock and saw that it was a little after 9 a.m. She pulled on a sweater and shuffled downstairs with her pink bunny slippers. Seohyun opened the door and was surprised to find a delivery man holding a very large rectangle box.
 
 
“Hi, good morning,” said the delivery man. “I have a package here from Seo Seohyun from Yang Seowoo.”
 
 
‘Ah, it must be the bridesmaid dress,’ thought Seohyun as she signed the clipboard. 
 
 
He brought the box inside for her and laid it on the living room couch. Seohyun said her thanks and closed the door behind him. She immediately went over to the box and began unboxing it. Her fingers gently lifted the white crisp tissue paper and revealed the bridesmaid dress. 
 
 
It was a pale winter blue dress that came to just above her knees. It was strapless with a sweetheart neckline and the fabric was tulle. It cinched at the waist with a silver satin ribbon. Seohyun absolutely loved it. Further in the box were matching silver pumps. 
 
 
Seohyun immediately grabbed her cell phone and called Seowoo. “Seowoo! The dress is gorgeous!” squealed Seohyun.
 
 
“Good morning to you too,” laughed Seowoo. She was most likely in her office as Seohyun heard typing in the background. 
 
 
“I very much approve this dress,” said Seohyun. “Should I try it on?”
 
 
“Don’t dirty it!” warned Seowoo. “That was an expensive dress!”
 
 
They talked for a bit more. Well, it was more like Seowoo telling her what time she needed to be at the wedding and what to do and what not. Since, she was essentially the only bridesmaid. When they hung up, Seohyun placed the dress back in the box and took out the wedding invitation. 
 
 
As she took the card from the envelope, Seohyun took a seat on her living room couch. “Mr. and Mrs. Yang and Mr. and Mrs. Cho cordially invites you to the wedding of Miss. Yang Seowoo and Mr. Cho Jungil,” Seohyun smiled as she traced the letterings with her finger. The invitation was formal and elegant. Seohyun decided to pin it to her refrigerator with a magnet. At last it would be displayed somewhere. 
 
 
After, Seohyun walked upstairs to the bathroom to wash up and get ready for today. Honestly, she wasn’t too sure what exactly to do for the rest of the day. Seohyun had no classes and she had caught up with all her work. She decided, after putting on a powder blue over the shoulder sweater, to call Nicole. 
 
 
Although they have never met outside of school, Seohyun figured this would be the best opportunity to hang out together. Seohyun chuckled to herself, remembering they only exchanged numbers if they needed study buddies.
 
 
“Hello Seohyun!”
 
 
“Hey Nicole!” replied Seohyun.
 
 
“Did you call to study?”
 
 
“Um, no. Actually I was wondering if you were free today.”
 
 
“Like…to hang out?” asked Nicole. 
 
 
“Yeah,” laughed Seohyun. “Why not?”
 
 
“Well, okay. I was about to go grocery shopping. If you want we can do that together.”
 
 
“That sounds great. Juts text me the time and place and I’ll meet you.” said Seohyun.
 
 
They said their goodbyes and hung up.
 
 
Once Seohyun received Nicole’s text, she put on her favorite brown boots, grabbed a coat and headed out the door.
 
 
 
 
 
“Nicole!”
 
 
Seohyun found Nicole standing outside of the grocery store. They waved at each other as Seohyun got closer. They went in as Seohyun grabbed a cart. 
 
 
“Sorry we’re out like this,” said Nicole as she took out a shopping list from her shoulder bag. “I literally ran out of food. The only thing in my fridge is a half empty coconut milk can. You do not know how hungry I was this morning.”
 
 
She laughed. “It’s alright. I like grocery shopping anyways.”
 
 
“You’re not concerned about anyone recognizing you?”
 
 
Seohyun only smiled. “If I get recognized, it won’t hurt anyone.”
 
 
They went off, with Seohyun pushing the cart and Nicole telling her where to go.
 
 
“You know I haven’t been able to turn on the T.V. without seeing that music video teaser,” said Nicole with a grin. “It’s always on and it’s not even the real deal yet! Oh and whoever was the cameraman, absolutely genius!”
 
 
Seohyun laughed. “You would appreciate the quality of the film rather than me.”
 
 
“Hey!” replied Nicole. “I am a film major! Can you grab that lettuce for me? Thanks. You know, I’ve heard when actors and actresses work together, they end up falling for each other. I wouldn’t mind falling for him anytime.” laughed Nicole as she grabbed a red bean paste jar. “Right Seohyun?”
 
 
Seohyun looked at her, who in turn stared at her. Her laugh disappeared as it finally struck her.
 
 
“You like him!”
 
 
“Nicole!” yelled Seohyun.
 
 
“What?! He’s not a bad catch!”
 
 
Seohyun shook her head. “We’re just colleagues.”
 
 
“But Seo, that’s how everything starts out,” said Nicole as she grabbed a carton of milk. “You and I are just colleagues but we won’t ever be in a romantic relationship because we don’t have those type of feelings for each other. If you have those feelings for Yonghwa, you should act on it before you two just remain colleagues. It’ll be complicated and you’ll hate yourself for not trying.”
 
 
“The thing is Nicole, our careers are just starting out. We’re practically babies in this field. A relationship won’t work.”
 
 
“It won’t if you keep having that mindset!”
 
 
They were now making their way towards the checkout area and the two began putting their purchases on the conveyor belt. 
 
 
“I’m just saying Seo,” started Nicole again. “If you’re leaving your feelings alone, you’ll definitely regret it later.”
 
 
Seohyun sighed as she said, “Let’s drop this Nicole.”
 
 
“Whatever you say,” Nicole went up to the cashier and paid her groceries.
 
 
Nicole was right. Seohyun was going to keep her feelings to herself  and will keep dwelling on the what ifs. But, Seohyun was right as well. Starting a relationship, especially with a colleague, could possibly kill her career. And anyways what makes her think Yonghwa likes her back? What if he doesn’t and she just confesses him, she would not only be embarrassed but the relationship between them would be awkward.
 
 
“Seohyun!”
 
 
She snapped out of her thoughts and looked towards Nicole who was pointing at her. With her hands, she was signing a phone to her. 
 
 
Realizing what Nicole was doing, Seohyun rummaged in her bag and answered the phone.
 
 
“Hello?”
 
 
“Seohyun? It’s Minhyo.”
 
 
“Minhyo?! Is something the matter?”
 
 
“No, nothings wrong Seohyun.” replied Minhyo with a small chuckle. “The company has been receiving a lot of phone calls from magazines, newspapers, radio shows, and television shows if they can get an interview from you and Yonghwa. We’ve been swamped. So, the company has decided to negotiate your contract as soon as possible so that you can do these interviews and appearances.” 
 
 
“As soon as possible?” asked Seohyun. “When?”
 
 
“Tonight,” answered Minhyo. “It’s the only time they have.”
 
 
Seohyun nodded. “Well, okay.”
 
 
“Great. I’ll text you the directions to the company building here in Seoul and I’ll meet you at the front at 8 p.m.”
 
 
“Will Yonghwa be there?”
 
 
“He’s next for me to call.”
 
 
“Okay,” replied Seohyun. “I’ll see you tonight.”
 
 
 
 
“Seowoo! What does one wear in a I’m-going-to-make-or-break-your-career meeting?!” yelled Seohyun as she stared at herself in front of the full length mirror. 
 
 
Seowoo held up two dresses from Seohyun’s closet. “Mint or navy blue with polka dots? Personally I like the mint, it’s plain and simple.”
 
 
Seohyun looked over. “Their more spring dresses. Something darker and more in season?”
 
 
“Well gee, I was trying to make you like cheerful instead of dreadful.” replied Seowoo.
 
 
“Cute,” said Seohyun as she rolled her eyes. “Fine, give me them.” Seohyun took the two dresses and went to the bathroom across the hall.
 
 
Seowoo waited outside for her. “Are you nervous Seohyun?”
 
 
“Wouldn’t you be nervous!” yelled back Seohyun as she zipped up the navy blue dress. She walked out of the bathroom. “How does this look?”
 
 
Seowoo looked her up and down. “You look like my grandma. Why did you buy this dress?”
 
 
Seohyun let out a long sigh and flapped her hands in exasperation. “You choose it!”
 
 
“Sorry!” said Seowoo with an apologetic smile. “Go back and try on the mint dress then.”
 
 
She returned to the bathroom and took off the dress as she said, “You’ll come with me to the meeting right? You are my manager!”
 
 
“Yes, of course! Why else would I be here?” yelled back Seowoo.
 
 
“Good, good.” Seohyun came out of the bathroom and presented herself in the mint dress. “Better?”
 
 
Seowoo nodded in approval. “So much.” She rushed back to Seohyun’s room and came out with a black blazer. “And this, will make it more businesslike.”
 
 
She helped Seohyun slip on the blazer. “You better wear your heels that I bought for you last Christmas.”
 
 
Seohyun laughed. It was close to 8 p.m. and they had to go. Once her outfit was complete, they headed out to Seowoo’s car. 
 
 
On the ride over, Seowoo kept trying to soothe Seohyun’s nerves by encouraging her. It was a nice gesture but it wasn’t helping. No matter what Seowoo said, this was Seohyun’s first time signing a major contract deal that could determine the outcome of her future. She didn’t think that signing on to the music video in December would lead her to this. 
 
 
“And…we’re here.” Seowoo parked in an empty parking space and they headed towards the front. Minhyo was waiting for them. 
 
 
“Yonghwa and his manager are already here,” said Minhyo just as the two of them walked in. She lead them to the elevator. 
 
 
They stopped at the fourth floor and walked into a conference room. Yonghwa and his manager were sitting around the conference table. They said their hellos and Seohyun sat across from Yonghwa. Minhyo was debriefing them on how the meeting would go. 
 
 
“I mean I’m just a writer,” laughed Minhyo. “But I’m just really close to the both of you and they felt that a familiar face helps you two through this process it would be better. Anyways, the President and his legal team should be coming soon. So, I wish you both luck and I’ll see you soon.”
 
 
Seohyun looked over at Yonghwa with a laughing smile. He shook his head back at her with a grin.
 
 
“Hello.”
 
 
They all stood up and greeted the President of the company. 
 
 
He headed straight to the head of the table and flashed the two a small smile. “My name is Lee Sooman and I’m the President of SM Entertainment. Thank you both for meeting me here today.” He sat down and nodded at the two people next to him who let down a piece of paper in front of Seohyun and Yonghwa. “This is my legal team, who are now giving you the temporary contract. This explains that if you sign this contract, you are under my company until the end of the promotions. Of course, Yonghwa you are bound to another company so once this music video ends your temporary contract will be terminated.” Then Lee Sooman turned to Seohyun. “But Miss Seo, my company and I will be extending an official contract. You will need a lawyer and we will discuss this more after but I hope the both of you will take this temporary contract.” Then he stood up, “I have to go and I’m sorry this meeting was so brief. My legal team will be waiting here for your decision. Goodnight to the both of you.”
 
 
With that Lee Sooman left the conference room. 
 
 
Seowoo took the temporary contract from Seohyun and began reading it. “This is not bad at all Seo. They’ll let you keep me if you want.”
 
 
“What about your classes?” asked Seohyun. 
 
 
“Oh…” replied Seowoo. “You’re right.”
 
 
Seohyun laughed. “Here, let’s read it again together before I sign it.”
 
 
After an actual thirty minutes had passed, Seohyun finally signed the contract. Yonghwa had finished before her and they both handed it in to the two lawyers. 
 
 
They offered their congratulations and left. The four of them proceeded out of the conference room and to the lobby of the building. 
 
 
“How will you be getting home Yonghwa?” asked Seowoo as they all walked out into the night breeze. 
 
 
Yonghwa nodded. “My manager will be getting the car right now.”
 
 
“Alright then,” said Seowoo. “Will you stay with her then while I go get the car?”
 
 
“Sure thing Seowoo,” replied Yonghwa with a smile.
 
 
They both watched Seowoo walk deep in the heart of the parking lot, searching for her car. 
 
 
“I like your dress.”
 
 
Seohyun looked at Yonghwa who was smiling at her. 
 
 
“It matches you well.” Yonghwa put his hands in his pockets. “But you look cold.”
 
 
Seohyun chuckled. “My jacket is good enough for me.”
 
 
“Here,” Yonghwa stepped closer beside Seohyun and wrapped his arms around her shoulder. “We haven’t been this close since filming.”
 
 
Yonghwa looked up at him. “You don’t have to do this.”
 
 
He gave her a smile. “What are friends for? Through thick and thin.”
 
 
They both laughed. 
 
 
“How are you doing lately?” asked Seohyun.
 
 
“I’m good,” replied Yonghwa. “I’ve been focusing on some of my music.”
 
 
“Will you let me listen to some of your music?”
 
 
“Of course. I need a person with a good ear to listen and criticize.” 
 
 
“What makes you think I have a good ear for music?”
 
 
“I’ll just have to trust you then.”
 
 
“Seowoo told me that she wants you to sing a song at her wedding.”
 
 
“Geez, that’s tomorrow.”
 
 
“And you won’t do it.”
 
 
“I’m not prepared for that.”
 
 
“Why not?”
 
 
“I’m just not. I saw on the invitation that you were named maid of honor.” said Yonghwa, trying to change the subject.
 
 
“Yes I am,” Seohyun let out a sigh. “I can’t believe that its tomorrow already.”
 
 
“I’m excited, are you?”
 
 
“More excited than the bride to be,” joked Seohyun.
 
 
Beep! Beep!
 
 
Yonghwa gave Seohyun a squeeze before letting her go. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”
 
 
“See you tomorrow.” Seohyun hopped into the passenger seat of Seowoo’s car and vowed to Yonghwa as they left. 
 
 
“Looks like I gave you enough time.”
 
 
Seohyun looked at Seowoo. “Time for what?”
 
 
Seowoo wiggled her eyebrows at Seohyun. “Time for something to happen between you and Yonghwa.”
 
 
Seohyun rolled her eyes. “You’re annoying.”
 
 
“Me walking around my car five times did not go in vain!”
 
 
“Shut up!”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
[A/N Hey my lovely subbies! I know its been a while since I last put up a chapter but it has truly been HECTIC around here lately. I've just been so busy and I know that its a y excuse but its the truth! Anyways now that my busy-ness has died down a bit I'll be uploading more and hopefully bring more content. I know the relationship between Yonghwa and Seohyun is developing really really really slow but that was how they were in real life! And I'm trying to stick with that. Trust me, I would have had them kissing in by the end of chapter one if I wanted it my way but I love the sweet and slow relationship they are developing now and if you think its way too slow then I'm sorry. Anyways, I hope you all keep on enjoying the writing I bring to the table, Please comment and subscribe!]