Flowers For The Jealous Minded

25 Days Of Falling In Love

December 23, 2010

 

“Hey Seohyun, can you grab me those props over there?!”

 

“No problem!” yelled back Seohyun as she grabbed a box labeled as ‘Stage Props’, and began to bring it to Seowoo who was busy rifling through other labeled boxes. She plopped the box down in front of Seowoo. 

 

Seohyun looked around the stage, which was half set up, and then back to Seowoo’s anxiety filled face. It was only the two of them today setting up for the play. Seowoo had given the rest of the backstage crew the afternoon off because she felt bad for leaving them on their own to go on her honeymoon. Little did Seowoo know, it was going to be a lot of work. “It’s looking great Seo! Relax!”

 

“I can’t relax,” replied Seowoo, “We’re a two person team. We not only have to set up the stage but check to make sure all the costumes are set, the lights and electrical equipment are working, and if all the programs are printed and spell checked. We are the crew and we only have a couple of hours before the curtain rise!”

 

“Okay, okay,” said Seohyun, backing off. “What else can I do to help?”

 

“Can you please do inventory on the costumes and make sure all the characters have everything ready to go in the room? The kids tend to be messy in there,” said Seowoo sweetly with a smile. “And than we can go get lunch, my treat.”

 

“Alright, deal.” replied Seohyun as she took the inventory list from Seowoo. 

 

Once Seohyun arrived in the dressing room, she could see why Seowoo had sweetly assigned her to this job. The costumes were all out of order on the racks or all over the place. Chairs were knocked over and not neatly put away, the mirrors were dirty, garbage everywhere, and the list goes on and on.

 

Seohyun closed her eyes and said out loud, “I’m helping out dear Seowoo. I can do this.” Seohyun’s organizational skills began to kick in high gear as she clapped her hands together. “Let’s do this.”

 

Seohyun spotted a stereo in the back and ran over to turn it on. Katrina & The Waves “Walking On Sunshine” began to play. Getting into the groove, Seohyun began to clean.

 

 

After busily arranging the makeup on the tables, Seohyun heard her phone go off in her pocket. She quickly slicked her hair back in a ponytail before checking on her phone. Seohyun was surprised to find that it was a text message from Yonghwa. 

 

“What are you up to?” - Yonghwa

 

“Cleaning for Seowoo.” - Seohyun

 

“Are you having fun?” - Yonghwa

 

She could hear the sarcasm through his text. 

 

“Tons!” She texted back, adding a stick out tongue emoticon. 

 

“Can I call you?” He texted with a smiley face.

 

“Of course.”

 

Within seconds, Seohyun received a call from Yonghwa. 

 

“Hello,” answered Seohyun with a smile. 

 

“Hi...” replied Yonghwa with a chuckle. “It’s weird not being able to see you today.”

 

“Well...you can come see me tonight at the school’s play.”

 

He sighed. “I really wish I could but I have a busy night schedule.”

 

Feeling disappointed, Seohyun tried hard not to show it in her voice, “That’s okay.”

 

“Do I hear disappointment in your voice Hyun?” teased Yonghwa with a laugh. “At least I’m calling you!”

 

She told him how surprised she was to hear from him today and thanked him for it, “I didn’t know exactly where our relationship was after where we left off last night.”

 

“You’re a very important person to me Hyun and nothing’s going to change that. Regardless of what we officially may or may not be does not mean I won’t treat you any differently than the way I’ve always had.”

 

Seohyun looked down into her lap as she replied, “I know that and last night we talked about not labeling us just yet but I can’t help to wonder what if we do label this. What will happen next?”

 

There was silence over the phone before Yonghwa hurriedly said, “Look I’ve got to go but we’ll talk about this another time, okay?”

 

Seohyun quietly answered with a sure. They both said their goodbyes and hung up the phone. 

Seohyun fiddled with her phone as she thought about last night. Seohyun had questioned him if he wanted the two of them to be official. But there was hesitance not only with him but with her as well. They mutually came to the conclusion that it would be best to see each other with good intentions but not label themselves as boyfriend and girlfriend just yet. They had no more time to discuss for right after they came to an agreement, Junsu called them downstairs to participate in karaoke and by the end of the party, had no time to talk privately together again. 

 

Seohyun hated to admit it but she did miss him the moment she opened her eyes this morning. She checked her phone a dozen times before heading over to the university auditorium to help out Seowoo. Her mind was only momentarily preoccupied when she began cleaning but his text and his call made her yearning to call him hers. It was hard and being together will be even harder. They were doing all the right things in being careful but for just a moment, Seohyun wished they were both just normal people falling in love. 

 

Seohyun put her phone away and turned to the radio to pump up the volume. She let the song sink in through her skin and let her mind clear. She still had a long way to go before the dressing room was in tip top shape and not enough time to do it. She got up and with a ‘Fighting!’ fist went back to her work.

 

 

Later that night, Seohyun arrived outside of Dongguk University’s Auditorium freshly showered and dressed for tonight’s performance. She was thirty minutes early to help out backstage. She entered though the double doors and found Seowoo and Jungil on stage yelling out orders.

 

Seohyun called out Seowoo’s name and a relieved Seowoo came down the stairs to greet her, “Thank god you’re here. You’re good at all this organization stuff.” She handed Seohyun a clipboard and ear piece. “This is connected to Nicole in the control room and this clipboard is everything you need to know for tonight. Thanks so much for helping out I couldn’t have done any of this without you.”

 

Seohyun gave her a reassuring hug, “You’re very welcome. It’s the least I can do.”

 

Seowoo smiled, “Nicole’s upstairs she can help you set up the ear piece. Jungil and I will stay on stage and direct the actors.” She turned towards the people on stage,  “Showtimes in thirty minutes!”

 

As Seohyun headed up the stairs to control room, she was glad that she decided to dress casual for tonight. Wearing dark denim skinny jeans, a turquoise oversized sweater on top, and original converse high tops on her feet, Seohyun knew she would be running around like crazy for the next hour and a half. Once she reached outside of the control room, Seohyun gave a gentle knock on the door before entering.

 

She found Nicole seated in front of all the technical equipment as Seohyun mused to herself that she was glad that she didn’t decide to go into the field of production. 

 

Nicole turned around in her chair once she heard the door snap close and let out a big smile, “Seohyun!” She jumped up from her seat and engulfed Seohyun in a big hug. “Class is seriously not the same without you.”

 

Seohyun returned her hug with a smile, “I’ll be sitting right next to you in class before you know it.”

 

“After the promotions?”

 

She gave her a somber smile knowing that becoming student Seohyun would never be the same again, “Hopefully.”

 

Nicole took that as a hint to move on from the topic of conversation to begin hooking her up with the earpiece, “This will help me communicate with you while you’re down on stage.”

 

For the next fifteen minutes, Nicole continued to show Seohyun how the microphone worked. After, they parted ways and Seohyun headed back on stage while fiddling with her ear piece. She  began to get ready for the show, nervously looking at her phone awaiting for the crowd to start coming in. 

 

She looked behind the curtain a minute before the play would start and made contact with Seowoo, front row in the audience. Seohyun gave her a thumbs up sign and said into the headset, “Lights.” Nicole immediately responded and the stage was lit up. “And cue music.” She gave a pat to the talented actor portraying Scrooge and said, “Good luck.” 

 

Seohyun watched him hobble on stage with a smile. It was going to be an amazing night.

 

 

“Curtain call!” shouted out Seohyun, gesturing all the actors and actresses to get on this stage. “Remember to smile and bow!” She gave a pat to each of them as they left the stage.

 

Seohyun smiled as she watched them and said into the headset, “Thank you Nicole.”

 

“No problem Captain Seo,” joked Nicole as the curtains revealed the cast and lights all over the auditorium . 

 

Seohyun watched behind the curtain as the students ushered their teacher to come on stage and take a bow with them. She smiled remembering last years play and feeling amazing after all their hard work had finally been put together. She met eyes with Seowoo’s who was mouthing the words ‘Thank You’ which Seohyun just shook her head with a smile too. 

 

Seohyun went off further backstage to take off the headset and set down her clipboard. The students were all running back in hollering and giving each other high fives. 

 

Seowoo ran over to her and engulfed Seohyun in a hug, “Yay! We did it!”

 

Seohyun hugged her back warmly as she saw Jungil approaching them. He gave her a thumbs up sign as he walked over to the two of them. “We’re having dinner with all the cast and crew at the restaurant across the street and of course, you’re invited as well.”

 

“I’m coming too!” 

 

The three of them turned around to find Nicole running towards them. She linked arms with Seohyun as she looked at her and said, “And someone hot is here to see you.”

 

Seohyun looked past Nicole and was happily surprised to find Yonghwa standing before them holding one bouquet of red carnations and in another hand a bouquet of red roses. He stared at Seohyun with a half smile before presenting the red carnations to Seowoo, “Congratulations on the play. It was awesome.” 

 

Seowoo gave Yonghwa a one arm hug as she accepted the flowers, “Thank you Yonghwa, these are beautiful. I thought Seohyun said you couldn’t make it.”

 

He shrugged with a coy smile on his face, “Something came up and my night ended up being free.”

 

Seowoo replied with a wink as she took Nicole and Jungil’s hands, “Ah, I see. Well I’m just going to grab these two and we’ll leave you guys alone,” Seowoo began pulling them towards the exit, “Seohyun, we’ll see you at the restaurant soon and Yonghwa you’re welcome to come!”

 

Seohyun waited until the three were out of sight before saying to Yonghwa, “Are those for me?”

 

“And what do I get in return?” asked Yonghwa with a teasing smile as he handed her the flowers. “A hug? Or better yet a kiss maybe?”

 

She laughed, “Well aren’t you acting bold tonight,” She smelled the roses. “But thank you, I do love your romantic gesture.”

 

“Exactly! I told you I couldn’t come to the play and yet here I am. All because I wanted to be romantic,” Yonghwa leaned in close to her, “So don’t I deserve something in return?”

 

Seohyun reached around him and hooked her arm around his, “Maybe for a boyfriend but for someone like you who I appreciate very much, a simple touch like this one will suffice.”

 

Yonghwa smirked down at her, “Aren’t we over this whole ‘playing hard to get’ game?”

 

She slid her hand down his arm and took hold of Yonghwa’s hand, “Not yet.” She began leading him towards the door, “Come on, I’m starving.”

 

Yonghwa shook his head as he squeezed her hand, “What do I do with you Hyun?”

 

Seohyun looked back at him, “Just be with me Yong.”

 

 

The door opened with a jingle as Yonghwa and Seohyun walked in to an overly holiday decorated restaurant complete with fake snowflakes on the floor. They immediately went to the back, where the restaurant held larger parties, passing through the twinkling Christmas lights, the candles lit on every table, and the soft music in the background playing ‘Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas”. 

 

“Man do they do fast work. I mean I was here just yesterday and it was nothing like this,” said Seohyun as she continued to admire the decorations.

 

Yonghwa nodded, “I keep forgetting that tomorrow is Christmas Eve.”

 

“And that the music video premieres that night.”

 

“That,” smiled Yonghwa. “is something I did not forget.”

 

They arrived outside of the party room door. Yonghwa opened it and immediately the two were greeted with loud hello’s. 

 

Seohyun gave Yonghwa’s hand one last squeeze before letting go and entering the party room. 

 

They were seated opposite each other with Seowoo on the left side of Seohyun and Jungil . They all immediately went into their own conversations, patiently waiting for the buffet of food to arrive. 

 

“Hey guys sorry I’m late!”

 

The group turned around to find Eric standing in the doorway with an apologetic smile on his face, “There was a case and I couldn’t get out it,” He made his way to Seowoo and gave her a one armed hug. Then he looked down at Seohyun, “Hey you, I’ve missed you.”

 

Seohyun had missed Eric too. He was not only an amazing lawyer (who got her out of a lot of sketchy details on her contract) but was a friend Seohyun could lean on at a time when she truly needed it. They had clicked really well but his schedule for the past few days prevented Seohyun  from being able to talk to him. 

 

She patted the seat next to her and said, “And you conveniently showed up to where the free food is.”

 

Eric draped his coat over his chair and sat down, “You could have just said ‘I missed you too Eric’.”

 

Seohyun laughed, “Just enjoy the free food.”

 

He put an arm around her shoulder and squeezed, “So...introduce me to Yonghwa. I have yet to be officially introduced.”

 

She rolled her eyes as she turned to look at Yonghwa, “Yong this is Eric. Eric this is Yonghwa.”

 

The two shook hands.

 

“Yong huh? That’s cute,” smirked Eric. 

 

Yonghwa returned a tight lipped smile, “Only Seohyun can call me that.”

 

Eric leaned back in his chair and looked at Seohyun with an amused eyebrow.

 

She shook her head.

 

Just then, the door once again opened but this time with waiters presenting their food. The cast and crew stared as they set the mountains of food out with salivating grins.

 

Once the waiters left, everyone dug in.

 

“Tell me how the play went,” said Eric to Seohyun as he scooped up some rice.

 

“It was fine,” spoke up Yonghwa.

 

They both looked at him with Seohyun cocking her head to the right, trying to read his eyes, but he wouldn’t look at her. She decided to ignore him and answer Eric, not forgetting any minute details.

 

They continued to catch up while eating, with Seohyun completely engrossed with Eric’s many cases, occasionally laughing at his witty remarks. They ended up talking all throughout dinner. 

 

Suddenly, Seowoo stood up from her chair and told everyone to quiet down. She ruffled through her bag and produced a DVD. “Thanks to my social skills, I was able to obtain the final copy of Seohyun and Yonghwa’s Caffe Bene commercial.”

 

Suddenly, Seohyun and Eric’s conversation was cut short when Yonghwa stood up from his chair, letting it loudly scrape against the floor. His sudden outburst only caught the attention of Jungjin, Seowoo, Eric, and herself.

 

Jungjin looked at Yonghwa with surprised eyes, “Are you alright?”

 

He simply shook his head as he grabbed his coat and hastily walked out the room. 

 

“What were you two talking about that made him leave?” asked Seowoo.

 

Jungjin threw his hands up, “We were talking about the action school, nothing serious at all. He’s been off all night,” Jungjin looked over at Seohyun, “I thought seeing you was what he’s been waiting for all day.”

 

Eric grabbed Seohyun’s coat and handed it to her, “Go after him.”

 

Seohyun gave an apologetic look to Seowoo who simply nodded her understanding. She then stood up from her chair and went out to look for Yonghwa. 

 

She figured he had already left the restaurant so she proceeded to the front and out the door. 

 

“Yonghwa!” He didn’t stop. “Yong!”

 

She caught up to him and grabbed his hand, causing him to halt, “Please stop.” Seohyun couldn’t read his eyes. “What’s wrong with you?”

 

He looked at her, “There’s nothing wrong with me but what’s wrong with you?”

 

Seohyun was taken aback, “What? What do you mean what’s wrong with me? You’re the one who left without a word just seconds ago and you’re asking what’s wrong with me?! What’s wrong with you?! We were all having a nice dinner with good friends and you just up and leave!”

 

“How could I stay when all I see are you and Eric flirting with each other!”

 

She let out a bewildered laugh, “What are you talking about?!” Yonghwa looked away as Seohyun drew closer to him, “Are you jealous? Is that it?”

Yonghwa looked at her slowly admitting his jealously with a half hearted shrug, “Maybe…”

 

Seohyun let out a laugh as she grabbed for his hands with reassurance, “Eric has been supportive of me just as a friend and I’m truly thankful towards him for it. He’s my lawyer and he’ll continue to be my lawyer because I trust him. But Yong, he doesn’t make me feel the same way that you make me feel. I would have never gone through this journey with you if I wasn’t sure about my feelings towards you. You are worth it Jung Yonghwa.”

 

Yonghwa looked at her as a small smile began to tug at the corners of his mouth, “You think I’m worth it?”

 

She nodded as he pulled her closer to him, wrapping her arms around his waist as he tucked strands of her hair behind her ears.

 

She leaned into Yonghwa’s hands sighing into his touch, “We’re okay?”

 

He nodded as he circled his thumb on her cheek, “We’ll always be okay.” Yonghwa looked towards the restaurant door figuring Jungian and Seowoo may be worried about them, “Ready to head back inside?”

 

Just as they were about to head inside, they heard a sudden, “Hey!”

 

Startled, the two looked at the source of the sound and found a lone paparazzi standing across the street, continuously taking pictures, “Are you two dating?! Look over here! Give me a good shot! C’mon kiss her!”

 

Instinctively, Yonghwa shielded Seohyun with his arm, spinning her around and away from the paparazzi. Yonghwa could feel his anger rise within him. 

 

“Yonghwa…”

 

He looked down at her, realizing that the love between them will no longer be their secret.

 

Yonghwa pulled Seohyun into the restaurant not wanting the paparazzi to have any more pictures. 

 

She looked up at him with worried eyes, “Everything’s going to change isn’t it?”

 

He looked down at her with sadness and fear, “Yes.”

 

*Hello! I hope you all still remember me and this story :) It has been a LONG time since I last posted a chapter but I've finally had time to post it up. I am so sorry that I've been M.I.A. for over a year now and I'm still determined than ever to finish this story. There is only one chapter left and 25 Days will come to an end. Please, if you still love this story as much as I do, upvote and leave a comment down below. I miss you all! Friend me and leave a comment on my profile as well. I'd love to hear from you all. Also, the last chapter may be uploaded sometime in December of this year and I'm hoping for it to be around Christmas time. It'll be the perfect ending. Thank you all for being patient. I truly appreciate it! -sarangstoryxx