The Beginning

Give It Your All

 

Today was the day, Kai and I are getting our newly wed house!
 
We met up at the company and got our mission card:
Anyonghaseyo!
It has been 160 days since your marriage!
Today, you guys will get your house. Please go to this address:
(________________________)
 
"Kyaaaaa!!! Were getting our house!" Kai chuckled and I glared at him. Lately, I've been monitoring him so he doesn't collapse again. But I try my best to avoid him as well. 
 
We got to our house and received our next mission card:
 
You guys will be given 200,000 won to furnish your house. Have fun!
 
The house was white on the inside. The kitchen was very spacious connecting with the living room. The ground was white granite and there was a hardwood spiral staircase that led up to our bedroom. It was a large room with a walk in closet. I was 100% satisfied.
 
The rest of our day consisted with buying a bed, couches, decorations, frames, kitchen utensils, whatever. I would want this and he would want that, but we managed to compromise. The PD notified us that we will be able to move in, in about a week.
 
After our schedule, for once I didn't want to go home.
 
Hyeri drove me to my schedule today so I didn't have my car. I was gonna take a taxi.
 
"You want a ride home?" Kai asked me. I should've made up a lie but instead I chose to tell him the truth. "I wanna go to the Han River." I wandered off aimlessly.
 
"Okay, I'll drive you there." The car ride was quiet. When we arrived, Kai followed me out. I didn't complain though, I didn't want to be alone. 
 
I walked down to the sand, taking off my shoes and feeling it between my toes. The wind blew my hair back, I can feel the cold through my thin jacket but I ignored it.
 
Memories flooded into my mind.
 
I still remember what happened on this day 4 years ago.
 
Jaebum was my first boyfriend.
 
He convinced me to give him a try despite knowing I had feelings for Luhan.
 
I was being stupid and wanted to come here. He came with me.
 
It was cold, just like today.
 
I was stupid enough to go into the water despite the fact I couldn't swim.
 
He came in to save me, but gave away his own life. 
 
I kept walking and walking, almost touching the water when I felt someone grab me back. "What are you doing?! Your gonna freeze to death!" 
 
I saw the concerned look in his eyes. Not many people cared for me, so why did he? I'll just be another burden in his life.
 
I gave him a small smile and tugged my arm away. I don't wanna be a burden to anyone anymore.
 
I walked back to the water.
 
Kai's arms s around my waist. "Stop." He whispered in my ear and pulled me away from the darkness of the water.
 
He turned me to face him and our eyes connected. I felt his thumb brushing my cheek. My tears escaped for the second time in my life in front of someone I didn't want to know my weakness.
 
"I don't want you to tell me why you're like this. Just tell me that you won't try to again." 
 
My tears came again. I didn't know what to do. Why was he doing this? He should've just left the moment I got off his car instead of following me.
 
My vision was a blur but a moment later I felt something soft on my lips.
 
His lips was on mine...
 
He was humming a melody I didn't know but comforted me.
 
It felt right at the moment, I was in his embrace, our lips moving against each other like we were in another world.
 
Exo planet perhaps?
 
Kai drove us to his house, the one I stayed at when I was sick. He led me to the familiar room I stayed in and ordered me to change into his sweats. I obeyed. I laid in his bed with his clothes on.
 
As he was about to leave, I found the courage to say his name. "Kai?" He turned to face me. "C-can you stay here t-tonight?" I didn't really expect him to but I wanted to at least try and ask him.
 
In all honesty, when I was in his embrace, I felt safe. He made me feel safe.
 
Kai nodded and came over to my side. I scooted over, allowing him to have enough room. His arms found me. My head resting against his chest, our bodies fitting into each other like a puzzle. 
 
I started crying again. This time not because of Jaebum, but because of Kai.
 
Why was he being so nice to me? All I've been is a brat to him. Does he really are about me? Or is this all an act of charity?
 
I didn't want to admit it myself, but maybe I've fallen in love with this narcissistic prince. I'm too scared to love after what happened 4 years ago. I don't want to hurt Kai. I can't love him, I just can't.
 
At the sight of my silent tears, he kissed them away.
 
I'm sorry Kai, I can't love you. I can't love anyone in this world. You should've let me go.
 
Suddenly, Kai started singing. A song I've never heard before but it sounded familiar.
 
It was the song he hummed on my lips.