Hospital x2

Give It Your All

(Your POV)

I was finally back into my regular schedule this week. My ankle is feeling better, an I'm getting rid of the crutches today!

The past 2 weeks have been hectic. Even though I wasn't able to perform like I usually do on music programs, the company decided to have me sing a ballad out of my latest mini album instead of doing the title song, which required dancing. I practiced day and night, living off of coffee. 
 
LuHan went back to China a week ago, but Exo-M is coming back soon for the SMtown Asia Tour. 
 
Kai and I haven't really talked except at WGM filmings. When the filming is over, we bid our farewells and leave to our separate schedules. I admit, I kind of miss his narcissistic ways.
 
I walked out of the clinic free from those dreadful crutches. My arms ached because of them. Unfortunately, I had to wear a brace around my ankle still because its not completely healed yet.
 
I was so excited, I ran to the car and made Hyeri drive as fast as she could to the company building. Before she could turn off the ignition, I was already in the building running up to the 7th floor. I tossed on my sweatpants and tank top in the bathroom and went to the practice room. Ahhh~ I miss dancing.
 
Cranking the volume up fill blast, I immersed myself in the beat of the music. My muscles aching to let loose. I danced for who knows how long. My sweat running down my forehead. My body sticky and hot. My hands rested on my knees, my breath heaving, the beat of the music still flowing in the air, drumming in my ears. I looked at the refection in the mirror and smiled. A tear unknowingly escaped from my eyes, blending in with the sweat. Everything turned black.
________________________________________________________________
 

"I should've taken care of her more. I'm so sorry sunbae." I was about to flicker my eyes open but it was one of those times where you should just shut everything up and listen. I recognized Changmin's voice.

"I put her in your care and she ends up in the hospital. Tsk, how are you even worthy of her presence?"

What are they talking about? Who's Changmin oppa talking to?

"I-I'm so sorry sunbae. I disappointed y-you." It was Kai, his voice cracked. Something in me told myself that his head was hanging in shame. What is going on?

 
"Do you like my ____?"
 
What the hell oppa?! What are you doing?! Kai's gonna go off telling him how much he hates me. Ugh. I prepared my heart for what was to come. My found my eyes almost popping out of its sockets.
 
I had to maintain my eyes closed tight when I heard low croak from Kai, "N-ne." 
 
Okay, I've had enough of this. I groaned and pretend to rub my eyes. "W-where am I?" I pretended to stutter. "Your in the hospital ____. Lay back down, you need to rest." I nodded and reclined back on the pillow.
 
"What happened?" I was truly curious. "Kai found you in the practice room, I guess you fainted so he brought you here." So that's what happened. "And you've been sleeping for 3 days straight." I couldn't restrain my eyes from bugging out. "What?! B-b-but I was suppose to go on Running Man! Ugh, babo babo babo."
 
I was hitting myself on the head when a hand grabbed my wrist, Kai. "Don't hurt yourself anymore."
 
It was the first time I saw Kai like this, other than when he's on stage. His eyes fierce, piercing through my soul. I looked away and muttered a low, "Thanks." His stupid smirk painted itself on his face.
 
"We have to go now, so Ryan will be by soon. Rest well~" Changmin ushered Kai put of the room.
 
I sighed and recollected my thoughts. Kai likes me? Impossible. We have years of hate that wouldn't be able to shed for a hundred years. He's probably lying to Changmin. But what if he isn't? What am I suppose to say when we see each other? Should I question him about it? What if he confesses? I ruffle my hair in frustration. He's just lying to Changmin oppa. I just know it. Right? Yeah. He's just lying to Changmin oppa. I repeated the sentence multiple times as if its a magical chant. I convinced myself what Kai said wasn't true and drifted off to sleep. 
 
I dreamed about Kai.