024

I Can Change For You

{Narrator}

“The truth is…” Key spoke, his eyes finding the ceiling. Taemin swallowed as he continued; “I love him.”
Taemin blinked, not quite understanding. “I love Minho…”

“W-What…?”

“I said I love him.”

“You can stop saying it!” Taemin shouted. “Since when…when did you…?”

“True, my motive at first was just to piss you off, but the more I hung out with Minho, the more I kept falling for him.”

“You’ll never let me have happiness, will you?!”Taemin cried. “First Onew, now Minho..! you! I hope you and Minho are ing happy together.” He grabbed a pillow and flung it Key’s face, hitting him directly.

“Oh, we will be.” Key snapped.

 Taemin let out a frustrated yell and dashed for the door, slamming the door behind him.

Key sighed to himself, rolling over in bed as he did so.

 

++++++++++++++++++++++

 

{Jonghyun}

“Is he going to be alright?” I asked, sounding concerned.

“Yes – he just needs to rest for a while.” The nurse explained, sending me a gentle, motherly smile. I awkwardly smile back and she goes back to her desk. I exhale and turn back to unconscious Minho. His chest heaved up and down and his forehead was covered in sweat. He looked distressed. “Yah, you wake up and answer my question!” I spoke to him, even though he couldn’t hear me.

I just stared at him till my phone rang, startling me. I look at the collar ID and it read; Jong#2. “Hello?” I answer.

 “Oh! Bling Bling! Can we meet up? Let’s have a chat. It’s something important.” He replied.

“Sure…where at?”
He told me to go to the Han River , said not to be late and hung up in my face.

Before I left the office, the nurse waved at me and I waved back. I slid the door closed behind me and made my way down the hall.
The hallways were quiet and my shoes clanked against the wooden floor as I walked.

I shoved my phone back into my pocket. “Damn Jonghyun, why would he want to meet all the way at the Han River? And on a day like this even? It’s Monday – doesn’t he know I have school? Then again, Jonghyun doesn’t really care…” I muttered to myself. Just as I rounded the corner someone literally rammed into me. I fell onto my back with a loud thus. “Hey man, why don’t you…?!” My voice trailed off when I realized who I was talking to. “Taemin!” His face was completely red, his nose was running and he was panting harshly. “Whoa… what’s wrong, kid?” I reached to feel his forehead but he moved away.

“Don’t… touch me!” he snapped.

“I’m just trying to help.” I frowned, getting to my feet.

“I don’t need… your ing help.” He unsteadily rose to his feet also. I tried to help him steady himself but he pushed me away with surprising force. “Get… out of my way! Go away!”

“Taemin, come here… You need to go to the nurse...” I grabbed his left arm and lifted him over my shoulder despite his protests. His body was really hot, and I mean as in temperature.

“Since when do you care?” he muttered. “All you care about is Key… That’s what everybody cares about anyway.”

I was about to retort but the kid was already out like a light. Why is everyone passing out on me today?

I walked to the nurse’s office and slid the door open with my foot. “Um, I have another one…” I called.

“Uh oh! Again?” The nurse rushed to my side and started feeling Taemin’s forehead. “Same problem as Minho. Just set him down on the bed right next to him over there.” She pointed and I followed her order.

Maybe these two had gone off together yesterday while it was raining. I thought to myself, as I lay Taemin down on the bed. That must be why the both of them are sick.

Yeah, that must be why.
Kim Jonghyun, you’re brilliant.

Now…

What was I doing before Taemin tackled me?

Oh ! Jonghyun’s going to be so mad at me!!

 

++++++++++++++++++++++

{Narrator}

Hours passed and Taemin’s pretty eyes fluttered open. The first thing he saw was Minho’s handsome face and he immediately thought; Why? Why do I have to see his stupid handsome face?

He felt a stinging feeling in his eyes so he rolled over. He didn’t want Minho to suddenly wake up and see him or for the nurse to come check up on him.

“Thanks.” Minho had grinned. “You’re my first friend, remember that. You’ll always have a special place in my heart, no matter what! Only you!”

You liar. Taemin frowned to himself. You dirty liar.
He clasped his hand over his mouth and tried to hush his cries.

“Taemin-ah?” a groggy, voice asked. Minho.

Oh how he loved whenever Minho called his name like that.
However, Taemin kept still, pretending to still be asleep.

“Taemin-ah?” Minho called again.
He heard him sigh and the ruffling of the sheets; “Minho-ah?” came the nurse’s voice this time.

“Yes?” Minho replied.

“You’re up! Is Taemin still asleep?”

“Um…” he paused. “Yeah, he’s still asleep.”

“Oh, okay. Well, will you come here, please? I need to check a few things before I let you go back to your dormitory.”

Minho didn’t respond; maybe he just nodded instead. All Taemin heard were footsteps as he walked away from the bed he laid on.

 

{Taemin}

 

It’s only a matter of time till Minho and Key will be together and I will be forgotten, once again. Why me?
I buried my head into the fluffy pillow that my head rested on.

I heard footsteps again and the voice of the nurse. “Make sure you get lots of sleep okay? Drink lots of water, too!” she said. “Here’s your excuse note for tomorrow, get rest!”

“Thanks, miss.” Minho replied. “Um, I forgot something on the bed so I’ll just get it and be on my way.”

“Sure thing, sweetheart.”

My eyes came to a close, pretending to be asleep as I heard Minho’s footsteps coming nearer.

“Taemin-ah.” He called.

I kept quiet. Go away, go away.

“Taemin-ah,” I felt him sit at the edge of the bed. “I want you to know that I still care about you. Maybe not like that, but I care, okay? Don’t think that I’ll…” he paused, probably looking for right words to say. “…just abandon you.” I felt his lips ghost over my temple and the weight of him sitting down was lifted.

I don’t get this. I’m confused.
If he’s going to be with Key, he’ll just leave me, wouldn’t he?

 


AFF took this down so here it is again...re-written since I didn't have it saved on my own laptop. x_x
AFF needs to get its together ><"

I used to not ship 2min at all but now I can't help it. =,=
But no worries, that won't change anything in this fic - I hope... LOL.